Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

JackieBlue 06-05-2013 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1136288)
I never have, you're talking about yourself here. Quote a post of mine where I did. C'mon, do it.

Whoa there, girl. Did you see the little razz icon? You sound serious. Are you pissed off or did you just forget to include the smiley?

jessycardy 06-05-2013 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1136290)
Whoa there, girl. Did you see the little razz icon? You sound serious. Are you pissed off or did you just forget to include the smiley?

Oh, sorry, I didn't know it worked that way. So basically I can post whatever worthless derogatory shit's on my mind and it will lose all meaning if I add an emoticon after that. Gotcha, I'll keep that in mind next time you talk bullshit and I feel like insulting you but don't really wanna get banned. Just throw a smiley in and it won't count.

nrm123 06-05-2013 11:05 PM

If Richie is in the UK right now maybe they will stop off and pick him up? more wishful thinking?

JackieBlue 06-05-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrm123 (Post 1136289)
considering you been here for 2 weeks i dont think you count

Really? So how long does one have to be here in order to "count"? Is there a rule on that that I missed?

:confused:

nrm123 06-05-2013 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1136293)
Really? So how long does one have to be here in order to "count"? Is there a rule on that that I missed?

atleast the time when it was actually first said

CKatz 06-05-2013 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1136293)

I wouldn't take it personally. Emotions are running high.

Solid Sambora 06-05-2013 11:22 PM

For the next 24hrs this thread should be handed over to Jim White to run like its Transfer Deadline Day.

"Unconfirmed rumours that Phil X has extended his loan deal with Bon Jovi..."

"Reports that Richie Sambora was spotted getting into a cab in Oslo..."

Jon is interviewed while sitting in his car, talking to reporters with the window rolled down: "we're looking to strengthen one or two areas of the band, we'll see how things go during the course of the day. If he doesn't show up, we just have to make do with what we have..."

"Late offer from LMFAO to buy David Bryan, as cover for their own crazy haired guy..."

"Peter Odemwingie is still in his car outside Parken Stadium, desperate to force through a transfer to anywhere but West Brom..."

Sissy3 06-05-2013 11:24 PM

I just simplified it in my mind...Phil is there so Richie isn't. Done and done. ;)

samboraisgodUK 06-05-2013 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solid Sambora (Post 1136296)
For the next 24hrs this thread should be handed over to Jim White to run like its Transfer Deadline Day.

Jon is interviewed while sitting in his car, talking to reporters with the window rolled down: "we're looking to strengthen one or two areas of the band, we'll see how things go during the course of the day. If he doesn't show up, we just have to make do with what we have..."

"Late offer from LMFAO to buy David Bryan, as cover for their own crazy haired guy..."

"Peter Odemwingie is still in his car outside Parken Stadium, desperate to force through a transfer to anywhere but West Brom..."

Hahaha absolutely brilliant.

dcj28 06-05-2013 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solid Sambora (Post 1136296)

You missed out typical footballer speak such as "Yeah,no...." and "Erm,obviously.":)

jessycardy 06-05-2013 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sissy3 (Post 1136297)
I just simplified it in my mind...Phil is there so Richie isn't. Done and done. ;)

That's all there is to say about this. Even if they decided to keep Phil ready for insurance somehow, I don't think they would have him travelling the world with them only to sleep in luxury hotels and take pictures while out and about. He would probably arrange it to be "a call away" and available to fly in at any time.

samboraisgodUK 06-05-2013 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1136300)
That's all there is to say about this. Even if they decided to keep Phil ready for insurance somehow, I don't think they would have him travelling the world with them only to sleep in luxury hotels and take pictures while out and about. He would probably arrange it to be "a call away" and available to fly in at any time.

Unless they just keep him playing on stage too.

Sissy3 06-05-2013 11:33 PM

Actually the thought of Jon even feeling the need to have him on stand-by is a little disconcerting. You either feel Richie is reliable or you don't. (Yes I know this was just speculation on someone's part.)

DestinationJovi 06-05-2013 11:34 PM

So Obie lied?

jessycardy 06-05-2013 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samboraisgodUK (Post 1136301)
Unless they just keep him playing on stage too.

True... I still think it would be awkward to have someone who's been your lead guitarist now playing rhythm or whatever in the back. You know, have the two "titans" on stage at the same time... But yeah, it would be a great way to have him available at all times.

Although...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sissy3 (Post 1136302)
Actually the thought of Jon even feeling the need to have him on stand-by is a little disconcerting. You either feel Richie is reliable or you don't. (Yes I know this was just speculation on someone's part.)

...I think Jon's grown tired of playing this game, so my guess is it will probably be one way or the other, as you say. Whoever (Richie, Phil, my grandma) will be playing guitar on that stage in the years to come will have to be 100% reliable.

JackieBlue 06-05-2013 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1136291)
Oh, sorry, I didn't know it worked that way. So basically I can post whatever worthless derogatory shit's on my mind and it will lose all meaning if I add an emoticon after that. Gotcha, I'll keep that in mind next time you talk bullshit and I feel like insulting you but don't really wanna get banned. Just throw a smiley in and it won't count.

O-kaaayyyy.

First, I really was teasing and that IS why I included the icon. I didn't mean for it to be an insult because the way I read the statement I was responding to, I thought YOU were kidding about yourself not ever making any statements like that. Guess not. I'll keep that in mind the next time you post something like, "What? And not blame Evil Jon for it? No way." I guess that really WAS a dig at me, but I gave you the benefit of the doubt. Lesson learned.

Second, I haven't noticed that you've been especially protective of my feelings up to this point - so why start now? What "worthless derogatory shit" are you referring to, other than my first post for which you crawled all over my ass, then seemed to accept my apology. Or maybe THAT was you kidding? It's hard to tell.

Third, according to nrm123, I (and I guess my comments) don't count , so why should you care anyway?

Fourth, I guess your response answers my question about whether you were serious or just forgot the icon. If that then is the dare it seems to be, consider it accepted. While I'm following your instructions... why don't you see if you can locate any quotes of mine where I've made speculative comments without indicating that they are speculation (i.e., what I "think" or "my opinion") and share with class.

(And don't worry about being insulting on my account... I'm a big girl with thick skin. I can take it or I never would have posted the first time. I may have just joined 2 weeks ago, but I've lurked here for years and know how people can rip apart anyone who posts something they don't agree with.)

Solid Sambora 06-05-2013 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1136305)
O-kaaayyyy.

First, I really was teasing and that IS why I included the icon. I didn't mean for it to be an insult because the way I read the statement I was responding to, I thought YOU were kidding about yourself not ever making any statements like that. Guess not. I'll keep that in mind the next time you post something like, "What? And not blame Evil Jon for it? No way." I guess that really WAS a dig at me, but I gave you the benefit of the doubt. Lesson learned.

Second, I haven't noticed that you've been especially protective of my feelings up to this point - so why start now? What "worthless derogatory shit" are you referring to, other than my first post for which you crawled all over my ass, then seemed to accept my apology. Or maybe THAT was you kidding? It's hard to tell.

Third, according to nrm123, I (and I guess my comments) don't count , so why should you care anyway?

Fourth, I guess your response answers my question about whether you were serious or just forgot the icon. If that then is the dare it seems to be, consider it accepted. While I'm following your instructions... why don't you see if you can locate any quotes of mine where I've made speculative comments without indicating that they are speculation (i.e., what I "think" or "my opinion") and share with class.

(And don't worry about being insulting on my account... I'm a big girl with thick skin. I can take it or I never would have posted the first time. I may have just joined 2 weeks ago, but I've lurked here for years and know how people can rip apart anyone who posts something they don't agree with.)

http://youtu.be/mdlha8npU1o

Lisa71 06-06-2013 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sissy3 (Post 1136302)

Although, could you blame Jon? Nothing against Richie but he hasn't been reliable on the last few tours. Jon needs backup.

JackieBlue 06-06-2013 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1136295)
I wouldn't take it personally. Emotions are running high.

Ya think?? Sheesh! But thanks anyway. ;)

samboraisgodUK 06-06-2013 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1136304)
True... I still think it would be awkward to have someone who's been your lead guitarist now playing rhythm or whatever in the back. You know, have the two "titans" on stage at the same time... But yeah, it would be a great way to have him available at all times.

Oh come on... Phil's a session musician. Nothing more. Richie's a legend.

JackieBlue 06-06-2013 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solid Sambora (Post 1136306)

OMG, I hope you meant that to be funny cos I'm laughing the unchewed portion of my ass off! (So if I'm taking that wrong and you wanted to jump on the bandwagon and insult me, too, I guess you'll have to try again. That was way too funny.)

jessycardy 06-06-2013 12:13 AM

Quote:

O-kaaayyyy.

Why would I kid about myself making statements like that when I never have?
That was a dig at whoever blames Jon for anything from world hunger to Richie's absence to hurricanes. Up to you if you wanna be a part of that group.

Quote:

I'm not especially protective of anyone's feelings, I try to always be respectful, but also fair. And by "fair" I mean if you give me lemons, I'll throw lemons right back at you. I didn't crawl over your ass for your first post, that's simply called "replying". You know, that thing you usually do on message boards.

Quote:

I'm not him. I could agree with him or not, but assuming that is stupid.

Quote:

It's easy, really. Nearly every post of yours was overtly bias. I've always repeated myself to tears saying we don't know anything, we can't judge. That's all you'll find from me. Comparing my posts to yours just won't work.

About insulting you, THAT was a joke. Or better, a provocation. I don't care about insulting you or anyone else, unless that's what I'm treated with. It was to make a point that not anything followed by an emoticon loses meaning. But we already clarified that part.

jessycardy 06-06-2013 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samboraisgodUK (Post 1136310)

Yeah, sorry, I worded that very wrongly. Scratch that part, please.

Beaky 06-06-2013 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1136312)

It's easy, really. Nearly every post of yours was overtly bias. I've always repeated myself to tears saying we don't know anything, we can't judge. That's all you'll find from me.

Just playing Devil's advocate; but aren't you a teensy weensy bit biased towards JBJ?

Also, you did kinda leap down the Newbie's throat a bit... I know, I do it myself all the time. Just sayin...

Solid Sambora 06-06-2013 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1136311)
OMG, I hope you meant that to be funny cos I'm laughing the unchewed portion of my ass off! (So if I'm taking that wrong and you wanted to jump on the bandwagon and insult me, too, I guess you'll have to try again. That was way too funny.)

Just trying to lighten the mood. I have a feeling your sky darkened with the "you don't count" post, but you shouldn't get worked up by it- there are folk here who see post counts as some kind of badge of honour, who'll take quantity over quality anyday.

jessycardy 06-06-2013 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1136316)
Just playing Devil's advocate; but aren't you a teensy weensy bit biased towards JBJ?

Also, you did kinda leap down the Newbie's throat a bit... I know, I do it myself all the time. Just sayin...

I'm not a robot, but I honestly try my best at being one.
Current events don't display Richie in the best of lights. But I decided to discern appearances from facts. I'm trying to keep those two things separate. People saw this as a pissing match between Jon and Richie before we even knew that was likely the case. That's why I had a hard time seeing "pro-Jon" and "pro-Richie" stuff even when they were meant as a joke. It's because I know, sadly, some people are seriously like that. They're not Bon Jovi fans, they're either Jon fans or Richie fans or simply fans of hatred.

We all have favorites, and I won't make it a secret that my personal one is Jon. But I've been taking a stand for both of these guys. I think they belong together and that's it. I don't have to prove anything and I don't think they have to prove anything either.
I happen to believe things are not black or white, and that even in a fight you won't necessarily have one who's wrong and one who's right.
I felt the blood boil in my veins when I saw people going: "Richie who?" on the Internet. And I called them out on it. As I did with people who trashed Jon. That's the difference. I don't feel the need to trash one to defend the other, simply because I don't see them as enemies and because I love them both. Simple as that.

As for the newbie, well... I'm not much less of a newbie. And I didn't mean to come across like the one bullying the newbie, that's not it. But back then I sensed some sort of aggressivity in that one post and, well, that reflected in my reply.

I'm sorry I ended up writing a novel. It happens a lot with me.

jdanielross 06-06-2013 01:07 AM

I'm taking applications for a new favorite band. I'm pretty sick of it all from this band.

nrm123 06-06-2013 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdanielross (Post 1136329)
I'm taking applications for a new favorite band. I'm pretty sick of it all from this band.

Oh really? How do we apply?

SadieLady 06-06-2013 01:15 AM

It's been 100 pages since I've last posted so I figure its time to post again. Sadly I have no new information or opinions on this whole situation. Still hoping for the best but at the moment it seems unlikely. Geez who would have thought it would ever come to this.

Jonty 06-06-2013 01:55 AM

Given up hope of Richie being at Slane. More chance of 70000 fans turning up!

Really doubting I will see him in New Jersey either. :-(

Becky 06-06-2013 02:13 AM

If anyone feels the need to attack another poster, don't do it. I would say take it to private messages, but there's no room for attacking someone in private messages either. Please keep the fighting out of this thread. It's a monster even without infighting.

Sissy3 06-06-2013 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa71 (Post 1136307)
Although, could you blame Jon? Nothing against Richie but he hasn't been reliable on the last few tours. Jon needs backup.

I very much agree, it might be a smart idea to have all bases covered. My train of thought, (and I guess I didn't explain it well :D) was that having a back up would imply Jon still didn't trust Richie to not disappear again.

MrNickel 06-06-2013 02:59 AM

Well I wont be bothering with the late ticket to Slane then.

Javier 06-06-2013 06:12 AM

Just the thought of the band keeping Phil traveling as a "just in case" if Richie bails again makes me laugh. I mean, that would mean the guy would be traveling Europe, staying in the best hotels etc, he could bring his wife and have it be kind of a honeymoon thing :p

CKatz 06-06-2013 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdanielross (Post 1136329)

Yeah, I'm moving on too. There is much better music out there. My time as a Bon Jovi fan is over.

steel_horse75 06-06-2013 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samboraisgodUK (Post 1136310)

Whose letting his fans down by not saying anything

JoviGirl 06-06-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DryCounty (Post 1133546)
What about the "One-Note Team" ?! :o

http://i44.tinypic.com/2ujs4ya.jpg

I'm late to the party, but I can't stop laughing at this photo.

JoviGirl 06-06-2013 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matrix15 (Post 1133589)
I'm disappointed by the lack of thought for Mr Bryan thread.

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/9583/11286440.png

Now I'm crying....funniest shit ever.

samboraisgodUK 06-06-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1136353)

That's as maybe, but it's completely irrelevant to the point I was making.

Sambo-Chris 06-06-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1136353)

All of them .