Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

nrm123 06-06-2013 10:44 AM

Dig at Jon? https://twitter.com/avasamboraxxoo/s...50219004354561

jovifan93 06-06-2013 10:45 AM

If Richie were indeed to come back, wouldn't it be funny for them to just post on their website "Due to personal reasons, Phil X won't be performing on this leg of the tour"? :-D

jovifan93 06-06-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrm123 (Post 1136364)

Doesn't seem so, from the looks of the replies...

Walkerboy 06-06-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Based on the comments that followed - no, nothing to do with Jon.

samboraisgodUK 06-06-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Jesus Christ, this was a joke right?

nrm123 06-06-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samboraisgodUK (Post 1136368)
Jesus Christ, this was a joke right?

Why you think that

samboraisgodUK 06-06-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrm123 (Post 1136369)
Why you think that

I can't tell if that's an attempt at the "y u..." meme or you're really trying to defend yourself.

Solid Sambora 06-06-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Nah, it's definitely like, a dig at Richie. They've been like, best buds the last 2 months and now he's going and like, replacing her with the band, so she's all like sad and stuff. Great news though, it MUST mean Richie will like, be in Copenhagen...

Or...

As has been said previously, maybe people should stop analysing a 15 y/o girls tweets. It's very creepy that people on here follow her.

Crushgen24/88 06-06-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Or a teenage girl using Twitter to vent in a teenage way about a very teenage problem, but sure dig at Jon is the most likely scenario... :rolleyes:

Also, once again following and analyzing Ava's Tweets is still creepy as hell IMO.

ticos_stick 06-06-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solid Sambora (Post 1136296)
For the next 24hrs this thread should be handed over to Jim White to run like its Transfer Deadline Day.

"Unconfirmed rumours that Phil X has extended his loan deal with Bon Jovi..."

"Reports that Richie Sambora was spotted getting into a cab in Oslo..."

Jon is interviewed while sitting in his car, talking to reporters with the window rolled down: "we're looking to strengthen one or two areas of the band, we'll see how things go during the course of the day. If he doesn't show up, we just have to make do with what we have..."

"Late offer from LMFAO to buy David Bryan, as cover for their own crazy haired guy..."

"Peter Odemwingie is still in his car outside Parken Stadium, desperate to force through a transfer to anywhere but West Brom..."

Lovely stuff.

I especially like this as 95% if the forum won't have a clue what you're talking about.

jovigirloz 06-06-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1136365)
If Richie were indeed to come back, wouldn't it be funny for them to just post on their website "Due to personal reasons, Phil X won't be performing on this leg of the tour"? :-D

lol now that would be funny..

Kryten2340 06-06-2013 12:02 PM

metro.co.uk/2013/06/05/jon-bon-jovi-and-richie-sambora-go-together-like-apple-pie-and-ice-cream-3829645/

Nothing new here but still a good read.

Bounce7800 06-06-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kryten2340 (Post 1136379)

Actually quite a nice article there.

nrm123 06-06-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 1136374)
Or a teenage girl using Twitter to vent in a teenage way about a very teenage problem, but sure dig at Jon is the most likely scenario... :rolleyes:

Also, once again following and analyzing Ava's Tweets is still creepy as hell IMO.

Im a teenager I followed her long before Richie left.

samboraisgodUK 06-06-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrm123 (Post 1136381)
Im a teenager I followed her long before Richie left.

I don't think there's anything wrong with following her. Twitter's in the public domain, anyone can follow anyone. What is weird is analysing every single tweet. How the **** that last tweet could have ever been anything to do with Jon is beyond me.

nrm123 06-06-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samboraisgodUK (Post 1136390)
I don't think there's anything wrong with following her. Twitter's in the public domain, anyone can follow anyone. What is weird is analysing every single tweet. How the **** that last tweet could have ever been anything to do with Jon is beyond me.

I saw that one and without looking at the rest posted it here

Walkerboy 06-06-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1136376)
Lovely stuff.

I especially like this as 95% if the forum won't have a clue what you're talking about.

It's the bit about Odemwingie at the end that caps it all!!

Solid Sambora 06-06-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1136376)
Lovely stuff.

Yeah, thought I'd share as a little in-joke for the UK folk!

semigoodlookin 06-06-2013 02:27 PM

In the interest of continuing the fine parody that is happening on this thread.

Once upon a time
Not so long ago

I used to write those songs that rock
My creativity’s been on strike, but I don’t give a ****, it’s tough… so tough
We don’t write them like we did back in the day
I now write “Because We Can”, I’m in it for the pay, not love

But we’ve got to go on
And yeah, my voice is shot
But it doesn’t make a difference
There’s money to be got
We’ve lost a brother
But I can’t stop what I love

So give me your cash

Ohhhh we’re half way there
Wahhhh Ohhhh when will this tour end
Look at this band, we don’t even care

Richie’s got his six string in hock
They say he’s not boozing, but why does he look so rough?....so rough
He dreams of playing “Nowadays”
But when he cried in the night I would whisper
“Richie baby, it’s okay, you’ll sing “These Days”

So now Richie has gone
And yeah my voice is shot
There’s money to be got
We’ve lost a brother

So give me your cash

jovigirloz 06-06-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlookin (Post 1136405)
In the interest of continuing the fine parody that is happening on this thread.

Once upon a time
Not so long ago

I used to write those songs that rock
My creativity’s been on strike, but I don’t give a ****, it’s tough… so tough
We don’t write them like we did back in the day
I now write “Because We Can”, I’m in it for the pay, not love

But we’ve got to go on
And yeah, my voice is shot
There’s money to be got
We’ve lost a brother

So give me your cash

Richie’s got his six string in hock
They say he’s not boozing, but why does he look so rough?....so rough
He dreams of playing “Nowadays”
But when he cried in the night I would whisper
“Richie baby, it’s okay, you’ll sing “These Days”

So now Richie has gone
And yeah my voice is shot
There’s money to be got
We’ve lost a brother

So give me your cash

lmao very well done. I am loving the creativity of some people here.

samboraisgodUK 06-06-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrm123 (Post 1136391)
I saw that one and without looking at the rest posted it here

I have't read the comments underneath it either. I just think it's baffling that you think a 15 year old girl would be tweeting about her dad's job.

jessycardy 06-06-2013 02:45 PM

She tweeted something about unneeded drama a while before that... You guys should pick on that if you want to be on the right track to the truth!

Jonty 06-06-2013 04:29 PM

Plain and simple, Richie has a personal issue which he is trying to deal with. That is why he is not on tour.

It just so happens that that personal issue is Jon. Rather unfortunate!

Supersonic 06-06-2013 04:42 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonty (Post 1136419)
Plain and simple, Richie has a personal issue which he is trying to deal with. That is why he is not on tour.

It just so happens that that personal issue is Jon. Rather unfortunate!

I've had personal issues with Jon for years yet I've seen every tour since 2001. Richie should grow a pair.

Conclusion; my balls are bigger than Richie's.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Panda 06-06-2013 05:31 PM

A few points:

-Justifying following a 15 year old girl you've never met on twitter is not okay because you're a "teenager". Nineteen is hardly a teenager.

-I can't even fathom how that tweet could relate to Jon and Richie at all. Wow. I just... I can't even... words... what?

samboraisgodUK 06-06-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panda (Post 1136421)
A few points:

-Justifying following a 15 year old girl you've never met on twitter is not okay because you're a "teenager". Nineteen is hardly a teenager.

-I can't even fathom how that tweet could relate to Jon and Richie at all. Wow. I just... I can't even... words... what?

It's not often I find myself in full agreement with you but you're absolutely spot on here.

Sissy3 06-06-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1136420)
Aloha !

I've had personal issues with Jon for years yet I've seen every tour since 2001. Richie should grow a pair.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

But are they as fashion conscious? That's the question.

Jonty 06-06-2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

Aloha !

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

his may be minute which means yours could be tiny!

hackster73 06-06-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Aloha !

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Yep with you here. I am sick of this hole mess now. He is a grown man and should be able to put differences aside and get on with the tour. He is making himself look a right chump.

danfan 06-06-2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hackster73 (Post 1136425)
Yep with you here. I am sick of this hole mess now. He is a grown man and should be able to put differences aside and get on with the tour. He is making himself look a right chump.

That was 2 months ago.

Now he's looking like a complete asshole who has screwed the fans over and he could not possibly care less.

Vince Neil travels separately from the rest of the Crue because he fights with Tommy so much, but at least they both go out there and give the fans what they paid for.

hackster73 06-06-2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1136435)
That was 2 months ago.

Now he's looking like a complete asshole who has screwed the fans over and he could not possibly care less.

Vince Neil travels separately from the rest of the Crue because he fights with Tommy so much, but at least they both go out there and give the fans what they paid for.

Agreed. It is well known that the stones fight but again they turn up and give the fans what they have shelled out for. This whole debacle is pathetic.

JoviJovi 06-06-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hackster73 (Post 1136438)
Agreed. It is well known that the stones fight but again they turn up and give the fans what they have shelled out for. This whole debacle is pathetic.

Exactly, and this is how I would answer your question about Phil X. He is good, he has energy, but it is not what fans have shelled out for.

ticos_stick 06-06-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hackster73 (Post 1136438)

But you're just assuming it's just a mere disagreement or fight without any indication from the band that there has been one. For all we know Richie could have had a mental breakdown. There's more to life than playing music.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1136441)
Exactly, and this is how I would answer your question about Phil X. He is good, he has energy, but it is not what fans have shelled out for.

Fans can put the shells back in their pockets with a refund. Pretty simple stuff.

danfan 06-06-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1136443)
But you're just assuming it's just a mere disagreement or fight without any indication from the band that there has been one. For all we know Richie could have had a mental breakdown. There's more to life than playing music.

No way.

If that were the case, Jon would have come to his defense. The fact that Jon has said "You'll have to ask him", clearly indicates that Richie has a stick up his ass.

hackster73 06-06-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1136443)

He or they should clarify if he or they dont want speculation. I dont think there is anything in this apart from a clash of ego's. That is why this situation is so crap. We pay a huge sum of money and at least deserve a bloody explanation.

hackster73 06-06-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1136444)
No way.

If that were the case, Jon would have come to his defense. The fact that Jon has said "You'll have to ask him", clearly indicates that Richie has a stick up his ass.

Thanks danfan. My point exactly.

ticos_stick 06-06-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1136444)
No way.

I'm not saying he has had a breakdown but if he did he wouldn't want it spread around. If it were a simple fight why wouldn't they just say? Richie & Jon have had notable differences in the past but something like this didn't happen. Whatever has happened, I don't think Richie took his decision lightly.

hackster73 06-06-2013 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1136448)
I'm not saying he has had a breakdown but if he did he wouldn't want it spread around. If it were a simple fight why wouldn't they just say? Richie & Jon have had notable differences in the past but something like this didn't happen. Whatever has happened, I don't think Richie took his decision lightly.

As said both too big ego's and too stubborn to back down.

danfan 06-06-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1136448)

At this point, I don't really care. I've never cared from the get-go what his reasons were, as long as they were valid. Given Jon's reactions as of late, they're not valid, at least in Jon's eyes, which means there was some sort of fight or Richie is just being unprofessional by backing out on his commitments.

Either way, the entire Bon Jovi organization ought to be ashamed of themselves how they've handled and continue to handle (or rather, not handle) this situation. Once again, they don't owe anyone details as to what the problem is, but they do owe the fans an explanation as to why Richie isn't there, and when or if he's coming back. 30 years for some of us and this is what we get?

ticos_stick 06-06-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1136452)

Either way, the entire Bon Jovi organization ought to be ashamed of themselves how they've handled and continue to handle (or rather, not handle) this situation. Once again, they don't owe anyone details as to what the problem is, but they do owe the fans an explanation as to why Richie isn't there, and when or if he's coming back. 30 years for some of us and this is what we get?

Yes, I would agree that the communication has been pitiful, especially with all the social media outlets at hand these days. You could argue that it's the whole Jersey Syndicate way of keeping things in house but this isn't the mob.

At this stage I don't feel like bashing Richie though. Something tells me he had good reason to leave. I'll be the first to call him a dick if he left because of an argument.