Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2 Very Special Bon Jovi Projects (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68524)

belgium_BON_JOVI_fan 06-21-2014 05:06 AM

30 second snippets for ALL songs :

http://www.bol.com/nl/p/new-jersey-c...uct_tracklists

strangely enough on does anybody really fall in love anymore they left out the *i know, i know* part..
lovin house of fire though!

Enjoy

KTF,

Nick

SuperBrad 06-21-2014 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by belgium_BON_JOVI_fan (Post 1178635)
30 second snippets for ALL songs :

http://www.bol.com/nl/p/new-jersey-c...uct_tracklists

strangely enough on does anybody really fall in love anymore they left out the *i know, i know* part..
lovin house of fire though!

Enjoy

KTF,

Nick

Awesome thx for posting !!!

Lucas_Roli 06-21-2014 10:47 AM

I can't wait to listen to Backdoor To Heaven and House of Fire.I already have Full Moon High on my phone :)).
Backdoor to Heaven has similar quality to this one from youtube
Really wonder why they left out the ''I Know'' parts from Does Anybody Really Fall in Love Anymore,those parts were great and they had very high backing vocals from Alec i think...

rolo_tomachi 06-21-2014 11:16 AM

Stupid, they have killed Does Anybody Really Fall In Love Anymore?. I hate you Obie.

danfan 06-21-2014 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1178647)
Stupid, they have killed Does Anybody Really Fall In Love Anymore?. I hate you Obie.

Not so sure. That song sounded like shit during the "I know, I know" part.

rolo_tomachi 06-21-2014 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1178650)
Not so sure. That song sounded like shit during the "I know, I know" part.

Now it feels incomplete, very lame.

danfan 06-21-2014 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1178652)
Now it feels incomplete, very lame.

Yeah, I agree. That song was always weird for me. Great verses and lyrics but awful sounding chorus.

DryCounty 06-21-2014 02:03 PM

They have completely destroyed Does Anybody Really Fall In Love Anymore. Why have they removed the backing vocals as well? Don't get it at all.

Rdkopper 06-21-2014 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1178647)

I don't think decisions to alter songs come from Obie. He does not have that much power.

Even if the song works better without, that's how I've been listening to it for the past 20 years so I'll need to edit them back in from the other source.

The results could be seamless or sound completely off. It really depends "I Know I Know" is only a split second so it could work.

If it comes out decent, I'll share it with whoever needs it. Trust me, I feel all your pain.

ezearis 06-21-2014 02:48 PM

Does anybody really fall in love anymore was my favourite song of the New Jersey demos and they completely ruined it. They can all go **** themselves.

jovifan93 06-21-2014 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1178664)
Does anybody really fall in love anymore was my favourite song of the New Jersey demos and they completely ruined it. They can all go **** themselves.

It's not only the "I know"s, the singing melody is different too. Probably another take/demo, probably just an additional part of the song. Guess we'll find out soon...

Editing in the "I know"s shouldn't be too difficult though, I'll give it a shot too if they're not included for whatever reason. Though I fear this is a completely different version of the song than the one we're used to :-(

Rdkopper 06-21-2014 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1178665)
It's not only the "I know"s, the singing melody is different too. Probably another take/demo, probably just an additional part of the song. Guess we'll find out soon...

Editing in the "I know"s shouldn't be too difficult though, I'll give it a shot too if they're not included for whatever reason. Though I fear this is a completely different version of the song than the one we're used to :-(

I think it's the same version without the backing vocals and 'I Knows'

Maybe there was another step added to the version we all have and the version Obie is using is more of the raw demo.

This song is the strongest of all material so I could see this being a contender for the original final album. Maybe it made it a little further on in the demo process.

Either that or Jon just didn't like them

Or maybe, legally that needed to sound more demo-ish in order to be released. - I doubt it but you never know.

Edit: House Of Fire has them so the above shouldn't be a reason

The edit itself won't be hard at all but balancing the sound might take some time. It has to be seamless or it will drive me nuts.

Rdkopper 06-21-2014 03:11 PM

House Of Fire A+

Loving this one.

Rdkopper 06-21-2014 03:27 PM

Sounds like for Diamond Ring they are using the Pre-Production version, correct?

I would love to get my hands on that vault. Me in that vault would be like Charlie in Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory.

Tom Bon Jovi #29 06-21-2014 03:27 PM

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/m...ssue/10652465/

Early release of Judgement day

Rdkopper 06-21-2014 03:39 PM

Okay...
Just got done going through the samples multiple times. All in All, I'm extremely happy.

Yes, there is the one hick-up with the "I Knows" but my editing skills are pretty good.

I added the drums back into the intro for BWC using a different source and also looped the "I'm With You" so it would repeat twice in I'm With You and both resulted in excellence. I'm hopeful that I could add the I Knows back in. (DanFan can confirm that my editing skills are pretty decent being that I provided him both edits)

As far as the backing vocals go, I'm going to leave that alone because I'll have to replace the entire chorus. Actually, I'll give it a shot just to hear how it does come out but chances are it will sound like shit so I'll most likely scrap it.

danfan 06-21-2014 03:51 PM

Yup, I can confirm. I have both of those edits on my Ipod as opposed to the original songs, and they both sound perfect to me.

jovifan93 06-21-2014 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1178672)
Okay...
Just got done going through the samples multiple times. All in All, I'm extremely happy.

Yes, there is the one hick-up with the "I Knows" but my editing skills are pretty good.

I added the drums back into the intro for BWC using a different source and also looped the "I'm With You" so it would repeat twice in I'm With You and both resulted in excellence. I'm hopeful that I could add the I Knows back in. (DanFan can confirm that my editing skills are pretty decent being that I provided him both edits)

As far as the backing vocals go, I'm going to leave that alone because I'll have to replace the entire chorus. Actually, I'll give it a shot just to hear how it does come out but chances are it will sound like shit so I'll most likely scrap it.

The more I listen to the sample, it's pretty obvious this is a different version/take. I can't think of a place in the known version of the song where that snippet would fit in for it to be the same one. It's most likely the first chorus just before the second verse, but I really don't like that lower melody :-(

Rdkopper 06-21-2014 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1178674)
The more I listen to the sample, it's pretty obvious this is a different version/take. I can't think of a place in the known version of the song where that snippet would fit in for it to be the same one. It's most likely the first chorus just before the second verse, but I really don't like that lower melody :-(

I was thing the next line is "There's No Sad Face" so yes, that would be the second verse... And now that I compare the two, you are correct. It's a different version. Jon is not as vocally high in this one.

I just listened to the one we have and thought maybe Alec was backing Jon because the vocals are so high. It's hard to tell but I think it's Jon backing Jon.

I think Obie just pull out the wrong one? Maybe he is using the preproduction version and thinks he's doing us all a favor by giving us something different.

I did wonder why this was placed so high in the track listing. I would think that beauty would be placed within the first 4.

Rdkopper 06-21-2014 04:40 PM

I'm just going to wait for the album! I can't with these 30 second samples. Even this quality isn't as good as it's going to be on the album. I have headphones on and it's still muffled. You could hear it with the main album tracks that are supposed to be "remastered"

If this was a new album then it makes sense to provide samples with a little muffle but these are demos that are being judged based on their quality.

These next 10 days will be the longest 10 days in a while but that's when I'll give my true assessment.

Captain_jovi 06-21-2014 04:40 PM

Years and years ago I swore on my mother's grave the backing vocal was Paul Stanley. I never considered Alec but that might be it.

I don't think it's a matter of him pulling the wrong one, it's just the hardcore fans have been so used to a specific version because it's all we had. They probably have multiple takes and versions and for all we know THIS one was the one that was supposed to be the final version and the one we have is wrong.

Rdkopper 06-21-2014 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1178679)
Years and years ago I swore on my mother's grave the backing vocal was Paul Stanley. I never considered Alec but that might be it.

I don't think it's a matter of him pulling the wrong one, it's just the hardcore fans have been so used to a specific version because it's all we had. They probably have multiple takes and versions and for all we know THIS one was the one that was supposed to be the final version and the one we have is wrong.

Excellent Points!!!!

Cher's version is a dead set ringer for the version we have. That could have something to do with it...

There has got to be some political / legal reason for this... Either Alec's vocal is on there or it sounds too much like Cher's version or Cher wouldn't allow it or something.

Captain_jovi 06-21-2014 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1178680)
Excellent Points!!!!

Cher's version is a dead set ringer for the version we have. That could have something to do with it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4ZAHclKBX0

There has got to be some political / legal reason for this... Either Alec's vocal is on there or it sounds too much like Cher's version or Cher wouldn't allow it or something.

But why does it have to be legal/political? I think we're just grabbing at straws because our version of history is being contested. They got rid of the backing vocals on the box set version of Starting all over again, they're just using different takes.

I think the camp knows what the fans have already and it's damned if they do damned if they don't. If they use the same versions but cleaned up the fans outrage because they're selling something we already have. If they change it they mess with history, it's a tough place to be in.

Rdkopper 06-21-2014 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1178681)
But why does it have to be legal/political? I think we're just grabbing at straws because our version of history is being contested. They got rid of the backing vocals on the box set version of Starting all over again, they're just using different takes.

I think the camp knows what the fans have already and it's damned if they do damned if they don't. If they use the same versions but cleaned up the fans outrage because they're selling something we already have. If they change it they mess with history, it's a tough place to be in.

Okay. But then why that song only? The best song in the collection!

As far as Starting All Over Again goes, we had a decent master already as a b'side so there was no need to include the same version again. This is a totally different scenario.

rolo_tomachi 06-21-2014 05:33 PM

Jon and Obie are pendejos.

Lucas_Roli 06-21-2014 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1178684)
Jon and Obie are pendejos.

Lol,this cracked me up :D.
I'm really looking forward to see how Rdkopper will add the I Know parts and how good they'll sound.If he manages than he deserves a Jovi medal or something.

rolo_tomachi 06-21-2014 07:36 PM

I added "I know" and is rare. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GUy...ature=youtu.be

Captain_jovi 06-21-2014 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1178682)

As far as Starting All Over Again goes, we had a decent master already as a b'side so there was no need to include the same version again. This is a totally different scenario.

But you're saying that this is the only song that they used a different vocal track on which already isn't the case. There's been multiple things we've heard in the samples that weren't in the original bootlegs we have because so many different versions exist. They're not going to hold the songs in the same high regard we do because to us they're the "But what ifs" that exist that we shouldn't have. To them it's the throw-a-way songs that didn't make the album.

I admit comparing the two isn't as equal, but Breathe was the exact same, Good Guys was the same, Edge of a Broken Heart was the same. I'm sticking with my theory that there are dozens of takes of each song and the ones we got however many years ago probably weren't the ones we were intended to get. Why should they cater to the choices of whoever leaked those versions simply because we're all used to it?

I'm rambling now but I wonder what percentage of people had these bootlegs prior. Like, ballparked..

danfan 06-21-2014 08:23 PM

Serious question - Does anyone really like Cher's voice? She sounds like a cross between Elvis and Mr. Ed.

danfan 06-21-2014 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1178687)

Can't view it in the US. Bastards.

rolo_tomachi 06-21-2014 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1178688)
But you're saying that this is the only song that they used a different vocal track on which already isn't the case. There's been multiple things we've heard in the samples that weren't in the original bootlegs we have because so many different versions exist. They're not going to hold the songs in the same high regard we do because to us they're the "But what ifs" that exist that we shouldn't have. To them it's the throw-a-way songs that didn't make the album.

I admit comparing the two isn't as equal, but Breathe was the exact same, Good Guys was the same, Edge of a Broken Heart was the same. I'm sticking with my theory that there are dozens of takes of each song and the ones we got however many years ago probably weren't the ones we were intended to get. Why should they cater to the choices of whoever leaked those versions simply because we're all used to it?

I'm rambling now but I wonder what percentage of people had these bootlegs prior. Like, ballparked..

That's not the point. The problem is that without the chorus "I Know" this feels incomplete. That sucks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1178694)
Can't view it in the US. Bastards.

You tube have deleted, damnit.

Captain_jovi 06-21-2014 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1178695)
That's not the point. The problem is that without the chorus "I Know" this feels incomplete. That sucks.

You tube have deleted, damnit.

I'm not denying it feels incomplete but that's because it's not the version we're used to. I'm playing devil's advocate here, I completely agree I prefer the version we had.

Kukoc7 06-21-2014 09:30 PM

Does Anybody Really Fall In Love Anymore? Snippet

[QUOTE=rolo_tomachi;1178695]That's not the point. The problem is that without the chorus "I Know" this feels incomplete. That sucks.

Can we please just wait until we hear the entire song? How do we know that they didn't rework the song so it builds up to a more powerful ending hence the backing tracks and "I know's," are in the 2nd chorus and post richie solo. Way to early for fans to be upset. Yes. It does sound strange compared the version we all know but again it's only 30 seconds. There is a lot to be stoked about here. House of Fire has the potential to be amazing!! There is no denying this is an exciting time for Bon Jovi Fans.

Alphavictim 06-21-2014 09:30 PM

The Kane Roberts version also has the "I know"-part:

BonJovi100 06-21-2014 10:31 PM

If Ieaked version of Does Anybody... which we know was made after "Sons of beaches" so it's natural putting on Cd version which was made earlier.
In the same way we can say that they should put on box Diamond Ring in last - These Days version.

Version which we know wasn't re-recorded before they work with Cher??

jovifan93 06-21-2014 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1178682)

The version of Starting All Over Again on the box set is an insult. The vocals are just too crappy compared to the previously released version on the Japanese KTF release. Why they did "mess" with Does Anybody Really I don't know. But we'll probably find out on release date...

danfan 06-22-2014 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1178712)
The version of Starting All Over Again on the box set is an insult. The vocals are just too crappy compared to the previously released version on the Japanese KTF release. Why they did "mess" with Does Anybody Really I don't know. But we'll probably find out on release date...

I agree. I hated the box set version.

"......arting all over again".

WTF was that crap?

belgium_BON_JOVI_fan 06-22-2014 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1178713)

WTF was that crap?

that version was good for 1 listen... i always thought he was singing farting all.over again just before the 'solo' XD

KTF,

Nick

jovifan93 06-22-2014 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1178713)

WTF was that crap?

Huh, the "st" is missing somewhere on that version? Didn't notice, probably because I turned it off so quickly after listening to Jon's terribly wrong vocals on that one. The whole power of the song is also missing in that version... Don't know why they even included it in the box set, because it had been previously released (though only as a bonus track in Japan), and then ruin the song in the process :confused: Might be what's happening to Does Anybody now :-(

bj4ever_hdb 06-22-2014 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1178720)
Huh, the "st" is missing somewhere on that version? Didn't notice, probably because I turned it off so quickly after listening to Jon's terribly wrong vocals on that one. The whole power of the song is also missing in that version... Don't know why they even included it in the box set, because it had been previously released (though only as a bonus track in Japan), and then ruin the song in the process :confused: Might be what's happening to Does Anybody now :-(

I find funny how ppl can judge so ****ing fast