Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Official Youtube.com Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=36750)

crimson_05 08-03-2007 04:37 AM

David was one of the writers of "In These Arms" (with Richie and Jon) and performed it on one of his albums, so it makes sense if he's going to sing any song it should be that one. I wouldnt mind him singing the entire thing one day.

bjcrazycpa 08-03-2007 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 766917)
See, to me, I don't even care he had vocal troubles, it almost added to it. The emotion he put into this number when I saw it was just....bone chilling. THAT'S rock and roll. It was insane.

Amen to that! Yea, the vocals weren't perfect but the emotion made up for it. Great night that was!!

deb

{_Warrior_} 08-03-2007 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wrath Mania (Post 766914)
Sounds fine to me.

Sounds fine to me too, but BJ used to sound GREAT to me, that's the problem :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi
See, to me, I don't even care he had vocal troubles, it almost added to it. The emotion he put into this number when I saw it was just....bone chilling. THAT'S rock and roll. It was insane.

I know what you mean and I was used to that too ! But youtube is a real problem man, you have access to all those old great videos......you know...
Here I don't see that BIG emotion, but I see a really tired man changing the way he pronounces some words to make it easier, whispering a lot (and I don't mean the added version) e wanting to go a little crazy here and there but don't, just facing he can't anymore :(

And I won't even talk about Richie not moving at all....

Also I still can't get the extra musicians......

Err......maybe I'm a little depressive.......lol........

Emil 08-04-2007 05:26 PM

Well, I see your point. Itīs a great performance but Jon DOES have serious problems with the high notes. It doesnīt ruin it, but it affects the experience as a whole.

Crushgen24/88 08-04-2007 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by {_Warrior_} (Post 766826)
Jesus, I can't believe he had vocal difficults even with this song :(

Where?
I thought it was a great performance....
I love the added verse.

bjcrazycpa 08-04-2007 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by {_Warrior_} (Post 766922)
Here I don't see that BIG emotion, but I see a really tired man changing the way he pronounces some words to make it easier, whispering a lot (and I don't mean the added version) e wanting to go a little crazy here and there but don't, just facing he can't anymore :(

He looks tired because I'm guessing he was tired. This was the encore and it's not as if he stood in one spot all night and it was 90+ degrees in the stadium. I know I am biased because I was at the show but I don't think him not belting out the high notes detracted from the song at all.

deb

{_Warrior_} 08-04-2007 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 767081)
but I don't think him not belting out the high notes detracted from the song at all.

I got it and respect it, but FOR ME, at least 50% of the emotion that Jon used to put on a song was based in the way he used to sing.
For example, I'm from the These Days generation and love it, but some songs on this brilliant album would sound just "so-so", as some Lost Highway's songs, if wasn't for Jon's incredible powerful vocals.

But again, that's only my taste.

SamboraQueen21 08-04-2007 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 766917)

It's all about the passion. And that was a passionate performance.

Emil 08-04-2007 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 767079)
Where?
I thought it was a great performance....
I love the added verse.

In every chorus. But yeah, passionate performance and I love it too.

Crushgen24/88 08-04-2007 07:44 PM

Bad Medicine from the Garden, '05
This is why 'Medicine belongs in the setlists..