Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

nrm123 04-19-2013 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1123104)
That makes a lot of sense. So we're putting Richie's absence down to a bad case of the shits?

very very bad case

Becky 04-19-2013 01:30 AM

Well, that would certainly explain why they didn't elaborate on the "personal reasons."

Now let's find a way to blame Jon. Afterall, I'm sure he's the one who cooked the tacos.

crashed 04-19-2013 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1123106)
Well, that would certainly explain why they didn't elaborate on the "personal reasons."

Now let's find a way to blame Jon. Afterall, I'm sure he's the one who cooked the tacos.

Cooked them? No, he put poison into them just so he could get Phil X back as the two are having a secret love affair - which is why dorothea's so pissed off and has gone on an uncharacteristic rampage over "drink and drugs on a rock'n'roll tour" - she may also have used her black belt skills to kick a few people in the nuts.

Spidey5150 04-19-2013 02:42 AM

Richie just tweeted: "Hey everybody... Just want you all to know I'm all good... Thanks for all the positive vibes...."

malcyc 04-19-2013 02:47 AM

seriously beginning to wander if he's coming back to the band...

Walleris 04-19-2013 02:53 AM

I hate to be skeptic here (cause in terms of Jovi, I'm usually not), but it still proves nothing to me. I still say he went to rehab and right before told his twitter password to his manager or someone like that and gave him instructions to confirm he's fine a few times during it. The Boston tweet was just that person acting well on the spot. Richie's really trying to hide it this time.

MJB12 04-19-2013 02:57 AM

Richie tweeted this about 15 minutes ago...

@TheRealSambora: Hey everybody... Just want you all to know I'm all good... Thanks for all the positive vibes....

Odd timing on that. Wonder what prompted it.

rightsideofwrong 04-19-2013 02:57 AM

And he posts a day before his "home" show. Hmm

DestinationJovi 04-19-2013 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rightsideofwrong (Post 1123116)
And he posts a day before his "home" show. Hmm

Maybe he'll join the band on stage for Wanted just like Alec did at Giants in 2001. :D

Actually, maybe BOTH Richie and Alec will make an appearance!! Staples Center 2013 - founding members reunion show!!!! :D :D

(I think there is absolutely nothing to read into about him tweeting the day before the LA show.)

TheseDaysEra 04-19-2013 04:34 AM

it'd be a good time for Richie to re-join the band actually. But I honestly don't see it happening. matthew bongiovi keeps tweeting that Richie WILL indeed re-join the tour and that he's NOT leaving the band. in case you haven't followed it, he tweeted about Richie actually having to sort out some personal issues and saying it's as 'simple as that'.

IMO, there's really no need to speculate. It's called 'PERSONAL issues' for a reason. we all have it. we all have a little something we don't want to disclose with anybody else. it's none of our business and therefore we should shut it. the only reason this all thing became so huge and controversial was due to the fact that Richie has once left the tour, due to alcoholism. If this is the case again, **** knows. It's actually no laughing matter.

Substance dependence is a hard habit to kick. I doubt it though. It could have been family related for all we care. Let the man be. It sucks having Bon Jovi touring without him but I praise Jon for carrying it on. I wouldn't want to see them without Richie myself BUT, I must praise Jon for being as hard-working as he is. He HATES to re-schedule or cancel a show as we all know.

Hell, they even played that weird show for 2,000 people in Boston (if I'm not mistaken). After all, it WAS the opening show for the WAN tour. what was the man to do ? cancel it ? they played it nonetheless. You got tip your hat off every now and then. Nice one JBJ. I got your back this time. And yours, Sambora.