Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   The Official June 15 RDS Arena, Dublin, Ireland Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70577)

KeepTheFaith2211 06-16-2019 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hackster73 (Post 1255273)
you aren't wrong but picking the same song from what about now and the Circle each not is boring.. because we can, what's left of me, the fighter, Loves the only rule, superman tonight, when we were beautiful, bounce, the distance, everyday, just older, next 100 years... any of these could be rotated in and add something different, it's a very lazy set list this tour.

Oh I completely agree but sadly it’s a symptom that’s been prominent for many many years. Albums like SWW and KTF are represented by the same songs constantly. They could mix it up as much as they wanted to if they did indeed want to. I see in another thread people got annoyed by the Pearl Jam comparisons but they change everything every night. I think Bon Jovi could too as long as they structure the set right and keep 5/6 of the big hits in.

faith1985 06-16-2019 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thierry (Post 1255263)
Hmm I’m kinda torn on this one. Enjoyed some parts but definitely not all of it. Amen was horrible - it’s too obvious that the full chorus is playback. Also Blood in Blood was painful, flat and out of tune. After Blood on Blood his voice was gone.

Jon sounded good the first songs though although he struggled with Lost Highway. Overall I think the show in Nijmegen was better than this show. I hope tonight will be better.

I hope Jon will use his batphone once more to call Bobby because he is needed. Shanks is a trainwreck his solos are awful. He is playing gorgeous guitars but his sound is shit. Hell I’m missing Bobby’s solo during In These Arms.

Thanks for this review, Thierry. Is Shanks really THAT bad? I really dislike him but I don't want to give in bashing him because I can't stand him ass-kissing Jon. Surely he cannot be worse than Bobby?????? Really???

KeepTheFaith2211 06-16-2019 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faith1985 (Post 1255277)
Thanks for this review, Thierry. Is Shanks really THAT bad? I really dislike him but I don't want to give in bashing him because I can't stand him ass-kissing Jon. Surely he cannot be worse than Bobby?????? Really???

I don’t really know anything about the guy, but there’s something severely unlikeable about him. That’s wrong on my part to basically slam someone without reason but...can’t help it!

RonJovi 06-16-2019 12:47 PM

I genuinely thought they were brilliant last night. I’d seen the videos and was embarrassed and fearful for Jon because his voice is shot. But he sounded ok and as a front man, he was exceptional.

I thought THINFS and RYH set the crowd up nicely as did the songs that followed. Then LH and WLOL killed the momentum stone dead. They could get away with LH next to a hit but, as much as I like WLOL, it doesn’t belong in the set of a stadium show. Amen was another piss break. However, everything else went over well. For me, RYH, LYHOM, KTF & IBTFY were highlights. Crash went over very well too.

The band were very good particularly Phil who was having a blast. But Jon made it. If anyone is wondering why he tours, take a look at the camera shots back out to the crowd. Even with his voice in bad shape, to have 40,000 people in the palm of your hand must be some thrill. I’ve seen Axl, Hetfield, Johnson, Robbie, Liam, Dylan and many other great frontmen and none hold a candle to Jon in terms of working a crowd.

The stage and screens added to the experience while the Manics were a hell of an opening act. The casuals probably got everything bar Always, SINSN, BOR and Blaze while there weren’t enough rarities for the die hards. But I came out of there bloody entertained with my faith in Jon restored.

bonjovi90 06-16-2019 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepTheFaith2211 (Post 1255278)
I don’t really know anything about the guy, but there’s something severely unlikeable about him. That’s wrong on my part to basically slam someone without reason but...can’t help it!

Man I didn't remember you being such a pile of joy a few years ago [emoji23]

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

bonjovi90 06-16-2019 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faith1985 (Post 1255277)

He is, really. Bobby just couldn't do it any better, but his singing was out of this world and he was trying hard.
Shanks just looks arrogant and not like he's trying to make the best of out his playing at all.

liljovi93 06-16-2019 01:06 PM

Had a fantastic gig, to be honest.
Always said that if Jon is on form, the show will be good. He was on top form (as a frontman) - Vocally I'd say 80% or so was fine for me. Odd patches but nothing major to put me off.

Great to spend the night with some great people from here too.

Really enjoyed spending time with Kev & Thierry!

Night 2 tonight so should be good.

Dry County was an audible so may get it...

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

bonjovi90 06-16-2019 01:15 PM

KeepTheFaith2211 06-16-2019 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1255280)
Man I didn't remember you being such a pile of joy a few years ago [emoji23]

I’m hungover so we’ll say that’s my excuse haha!

faith1985 06-16-2019 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1255281)
He is, really. Bobby just couldn't do it any better, but his singing was out of this world and he was trying hard.
Shanks just looks arrogant and not like he's trying to make the best of out his playing at all.

Thanks! Ok, hm for me he looks just insecure. I still don't know how to feel about the show next week. It will very likely be my last BJ show. I will try to stay open-minded and enjoy it because it is Wembley and maybe a good place to have this farewell. I was planning to go to Munich but I probably wont.