Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Richie Sambora!!! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70391)

Captain_jovi 01-15-2019 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1250152)
Nobody denies that he drank during the Have A Nice Day tour.
It's just impossible to smell it from the front row.

A million times this. 2006 was a rough year for him and booze and pain killers will mess you up, especially if you're going through other stuff. But to say he drank to the point that someone in the front row can smell it in an arena/outdoor stadium filled with people drinking, there's gotta be a point where it's silly to say.

Thinny 01-15-2019 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1250152)
Nobody denies that he drank during the Have A Nice Day tour.
It's just impossible to smell it from the front row.

Exactly. Yovana misses the point completely, yet again... :rolleyes:

YOVANAfromPeru 01-15-2019 06:21 PM

Lol A million times.

JackieBlue 01-16-2019 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1250149)
Thinny, you and JackieBlue should get marry, just sayin' (I'm kidding!!! lol)

You've clearly been hanging around RDK too much. He tried to marry me off to Old Joysey. :p :)

Xavi 01-16-2019 12:14 PM

I was at both 2006 MK shows.
Richie was drunk at both shows,especially the 2nd night? Yes
Someone could smell alcohol on Richie at front row? The most stupid thing said on that board ever.

semigoodlooking 01-16-2019 03:11 PM

New rule for life. Whenever and wherever you smell alcohol, it is Richie and he is off his tits.

I was at Milton Keynes, bang average to poor show with a terrible effort from a drunk Richie. The smell may have been coming from the truck selling booze, or the people in the crowd drinking it. A part of me hopes it was Richie they could smell because that would be an amazing effot from him.

golittleperson 01-18-2019 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavi (Post 1250158)
I was at both 2006 MK shows.
Richie was drunk at both shows,especially the 2nd night? Yes
Someone could smell alcohol on Richie at front row? The most stupid thing said on that board ever.

I have only seen MK night 2 on video and normally I am a harsher "judge" on video than live because you can rewind, slow down, zoom in - and armchair qb. I didn't think he was that bad. My litmus test is watching his hands (and vocals). He or any good guitarist really can have a hypnotic affect on me when I watch their hands. He sounded good, played well to me. Also maybe I am thinking now in comparison to what has been seen/done since he left the band. There's bad and then there is horrible. Plus he's older and it becomes more difficult to cover. On another note - loved that set list.

I know I've heard the "smelled" him from the pit remarks. I thought they were being facetious to make a point based on behavior. Now, stage side and he came over, quite possible as he sweats on stage. I did a little fact checking to make certain what I thought was accurate. Alcohol in the system can be smelled not only on the breath, but in sweat and actually through the pores of the skin. To be accurate, its the hops/barley and not the alcohol - why lighter liquors have less odor. I do know several who were close enough for a hug, meet and greet or just coming out to the cue and knew it was him they smelled. As to drugs - it's a judgment based on behavior. Just like when a police officer pulls someone over - there are patterns.

I just want him to get his shit together, and give us a solid Sambora record. I'd love to have a chance for a solo gig. Never seen him solo, could have gone to NY, but just couldn't do the duo. IDK if he can/will. He's not doing any personal PR - a little from others, vacation pic but he's gone rather quiet. I think that is evident by the content of the board, we can only rehash because we have nothing new, we/I don't want to give up on him.

YOVANAfromPeru 01-19-2019 10:29 PM

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs1GiyGgM4_/
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs1GcPkB5Uw/

Zakatar 01-20-2019 06:01 PM

Pretty good rendition of IML from late 2018. The best part is that Orianthi is nowhere to be seen! I like what he did with the arrangement.

YOVANAfromPeru 01-21-2019 05:34 PM

Stick to your guns... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVhs...=youtu.be&t=79

Thinny 01-21-2019 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1250224)

Who thought the trumpet was a good idea!? :confused:

YOVANAfromPeru 01-21-2019 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1250226)
Who thought the trumpet was a good idea!? :confused:

You miss the point completely, yet again...
>_< jajaja

richiefan95 01-21-2019 07:33 PM

Paris was his best show in 2014 in my opinion. At the start of the tour his voice wasn't really strong but he improved massively during 2014.

Eveline 01-22-2019 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golittleperson (Post 1250190)
I just want him to get his shit together, and give us a solid Sambora record. I'd love to have a chance for a solo gig. Never seen him solo, could have gone to NY, but just couldn't do the duo. IDK if he can/will. He's not doing any personal PR - a little from others, vacation pic but he's gone rather quiet. I think that is evident by the content of the board, we can only rehash because we have nothing new, we/I don't want to give up on him.

Exactly my thoughts. Thank you!

YOVANAfromPeru 01-22-2019 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richiefan95 (Post 1250229)
Paris was his best show in 2014 in my opinion. At the start of the tour his voice wasn't really strong but he improved massively during 2014.

that Stick to your guns was Paris 2014 and I thought it was pretty good!!
hopefully there are dates in South America for a tour soon

richiefan95 01-22-2019 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1250248)
that Stick to your guns was Paris 2014 and I thought it was pretty good!!
hopefully there are dates in South America for a tour soon

I did know that this version was from Paris and I also think it was extremely good.
No comparison to the start of the tour in London.

YOVANAfromPeru 01-23-2019 05:21 AM

I understand what you mean...
I liked that Stick to your guns and that song is not easy to sing...
On the other hand, PLEASE NO These Days reggae version!!!!! lol

richiefan95 01-23-2019 05:39 PM

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs-Y60iArbv/
Richie back in the studio with Michael Bradford.

I wonder who is producing this record. At the video from Norman's guitars he was with Bob rock and now he is with Michael Bradford all the time.

Thinny 01-23-2019 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richiefan95 (Post 1250257)
Richie back in the studio with Michael Bradford.

I wonder who is producing this record. At the video from Norman's guitars he was with Bob rock and now he is with Michael Bradford all the time.

Just posted this in the Sambora Album thread lol. Bradford is just playing bass on the album I think.

golittleperson 01-23-2019 11:20 PM

Michael had a couple of posts on his ig - he said he was turning knobs and laying down bass.

Couple of weeks ago the post should clarify: " I'm doing some, Bob's doing some and we're all doing some. All depends on who starts with a new idea. We're all friends, we're all pros. It's all good and it's all about Richie."

So, seems multiple producers which is not unusual.

Thinny 01-24-2019 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golittleperson (Post 1250264)
Michael had a couple of posts on his ig - he said he was turning knobs and laying down bass.

Couple of weeks ago the post should clarify: " I'm doing some, Bob's doing some and we're all doing some. All depends on who starts with a new idea. We're all friends, we're all pros. It's all good and it's all about Richie."

So, seems multiple producers which is not unusual.

Does look like a co-produce then...hmm, would prefer Bob to do it all, but I didn't realise that Michael produced Rapture Of The Deep by Deep Purple...so it could be interesting. Sometimes albums with multiple producers can sound a bit disjointed, so hope that's not the case.

YOVANAfromPeru 01-24-2019 04:49 PM

Captain_jovi or other moderator should move the new album related posts to the other thread

Captain_jovi 01-26-2019 04:15 PM

It's a lost cause. This is what people wanted, no sense us doing extra work.

YOVANAfromPeru 01-26-2019 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1250350)
It's a lost cause. This is what people wanted, no sense us doing extra work.

You all are so dramatic.
You can’t move 4 posts??? Pf...

Captain_jovi 01-27-2019 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1250352)
You all are so dramatic.
You can’t move 4 posts??? Pf...

Half the time we're deleting or moving your posts. It's 4 now and 10 tomorrow. Not trying to be dramatic but there is no reason for separate threads because people will just post in the first one they see.

You can't just stay on topic??? Pf.....

YOVANAfromPeru 01-27-2019 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1250356)
Half the time we're deleting or moving your posts. It's 4 now and 10 tomorrow. Not trying to be dramatic but there is no reason for separate threads because people will just post in the first one they see.

https://s14.postimg.cc/5ap6h9x8h/pucca_enojada.gif
lol

Alphavictim 01-28-2019 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1250356)

Why the hell are you negotiating with people who have time and time again demonstrated that they do not intend to adhere to the rules? The lesson learned here is "I can do as I please, there will be no consequences". So why would they ever change their ways?

YOVANAfromPeru 01-28-2019 05:34 PM

If I remember correctly...
Michael Bradford co-wrote Truth and Rise (with Orianthi)
and Bob Rock, Take Me (without Orianthi)
I like Take Me.
On the other hand, I like Masterpiece (wrote by Richie and Orianthi only)
I wonder if that’s been Off Topic???

golittleperson 01-28-2019 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1250361)

I think last time, part of the short demand was that some fans couldn’t just stand Orianthi (album/live) so I’m certainly more positive this time

For me, she was enough to keep me away since the start but if you read other sites, reviews and comments around the web - a lot of people wouldn't go back because of Richie's performances/behavior in 2016. Especially the Oz audience seemed to remember negatively. I know people who after Europe in 14 (and it was good compared to 16) said they would never go again - predominately over her. The one's in 16 were leaning towards blaming him and not going back.

Will have to see what interest stirs up now that he is a solo artist again. IMO, he will have to do some shows, maybe charity gigs or festival poor time slots and re-earn the interest. There were no shows, cancellations and poor performances in enough number to forge a reputation. He was already "no show sambo" in some circles. People will need a long time to forget or some 2012 quality gigs to earn trust back. Add to that, the Bon Jovi needs him/ doesn't need him love/hate will not go away - esp. with the band touring.

BTW - moved this quote from his "album" thread - it's easy to just reply and for me, it's not that big a deal which it's on but seems it does bother some - so trying.

Captain_jovi 01-28-2019 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1250365)
If I remember correctly...
Michael Bradford co-wrote Truth and Rise (with Orianthi)
and Bob Rock, Take Me (without Orianthi)
I like Take Me.
On the other hand, I like Masterpiece (wrote by Richie and Orianthi only)
I wonder if that’s been Off Topic???

That was Michael Bearden, one of the original producers of the album.

YOVANAfromPeru 01-28-2019 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1250368)
That was Michael Bearden, one of the original producers of the album.

Did I say Bradford??? O_O
>_< lol typo
Too many Michael’s. At least no Jackson anymore... (Orianthi).

about the Richie concerts, I don’t like TOO MANY jamming/improvisations
Richie just needs put there GOOD music and people will go to his concerts (I don’t get that JBJ/Richie team)

if you read the last comment of Bradford:
reggae no please.

Thinny 01-29-2019 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1250369)
Did I say Bradford??? O_O
>_< lol typo
Too many Michael’s. At least no Jackson anymore... (Orianthi).

Please...It wasn't a typo. You would have had no reason to be discussing Michael Bearden, we were obviously talking about Michael Bradford producing the new album.

You got it wrong. You made a mistake. Why can't you just admit to it instead of lying? :rolleyes:

YOVANAfromPeru 01-29-2019 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1250384)
Please...It wasn't a typo. You would have had no reason to be discussing Michael Bearden, we were obviously talking about Michael Bradford producing the new album.

You got it wrong. You made a mistake. Why can't you just admit to it instead of lying? :rolleyes:

Thinny, I'm gonna show a little bit of my greatness
It wasn't a typo indeed, I did it on purpose
so Captain_jovi could say it was wrong
and then you all forget what Alphavictim was sayin' about me...
that's why I posted that here (if I would think it was Bradford, I would post it on the "The Richie Sambora Album" thread, not on this thread, remember I was saying a million times: new album on the other thread and anything else here)
Now Shut Up, Leave me alone, huh!

Thinny 01-29-2019 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1250387)
Thinny, I'm gonna show a little bit of my greatness
It wasn't a typo indeed, I did it on purpose
so Captain_jovi could say it was wrong
and then you all forget what Alphavictim was sayin' about me...
that's why I posted that here (if I would think it was Bradford, I would post it on the "The Richie Sambora Album" thread, not on this thread, remember I was saying a million times: new album on the other thread and anything else here)
Now Shut Up, Leave me alone, huh!

Whatever you say...

YOVANAfromPeru 01-29-2019 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1250388)
Whatever you say...

Obviously...

>_< jajaj
I swear to God I've been teasing you all the whole time, in a good way, actually you're #4 here (not bad)
#1 Rdkopper
#2 Captain_jovi
#3 bonjovi90
#4 Thinny

lol

Captain_jovi 01-30-2019 05:34 AM

If you revealed to be someone here posting as a fake account I'd probably say "yeah that's right". I have no idea what you're talking about.

YOVANAfromPeru 01-30-2019 06:24 AM

No, Cj
I only have this one account and somehow I use understand English, I think Thinny is nice fun
Sometimes Supersonic and Panda are funny
I guess you mean 9Songs4U and Jovi98??
They are a little weird, right?
No idea.

Supersonic 01-30-2019 06:30 AM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1250415)
No, Cj
I only have this one account and somehow I use understand English, I think Thinny is nice fun
Sometimes Supersonic and Panda are funny
I guess you mean 9Songs4U and Jovi98??
They are a little weird, right?
No idea.

Somehow I use understand English too, it's when sometimes I are funny. For more on this it's time for a closer look.

They might be weird but I lump you in the same category of those other mentally deranged figures here on Jovitalk lately.

I've also no idea why quality topics like those of Panda and mine are deleted while you're allowed to constantly ruin every single ****ing topic on Jovitalk by slowchatting with a retard.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Eveline 01-30-2019 07:12 AM

Maybe because Yovana has unusual BJ stuff to share while most of us are just bored to tears and rehash the same things for centuries? I'm always curious what she's going to post.

Captain_jovi 01-30-2019 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1250416)
Aloha !

Somehow I use understand English too, it's when sometimes I are funny. For more on this it's time for a closer look.

They might be weird but I lump you in the same category of those other mentally deranged figures here on Jovitalk lately.

I've also no idea why quality topics like those of Panda and mine are deleted while you're allowed to constantly ruin every single ****ing topic on Jovitalk by slowchatting with a retard.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

I constantly delete her posts when it goes off topic for full pages and she's been banned.