Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

on_m3rcur_7 12-15-2020 07:29 PM

I quit bon jovi on 2013. Have been unhappy with them since 2005 but it really got worse after 2010 and couldnt stand their music anymore.

This album has brought my interest back in them. My tastes have changed a lot and feel I have gone full circle in many ways.

Right now i am catching up with the albums that I never really gave an opportunity because they sounded too modern or just generally vanilla to me ... however even back then I liked 1 or 2 songs per album. Gonna give them another chance next week when they arrive.

In the meantime enjoying 2020's album a lot and looking forward to what's coming next.

P.S: Also have been ordering some new singles i missed so that I can have the bonus tracks and live tracks but I realised the 2010 special edition of the albums do not have access to the vault tracks that were offered online 10 years ago.

Can anyone share?

Litneg 12-15-2020 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by on_m3rcur_7 (Post 1271283)
I quit bon jovi on 2013. Have been unhappy with them since 2005 but it really got worse after 2010 and couldnt stand their music anymore.

This album has brought my interest back in them. My tastes have changed a lot and feel I have gone full circle in many ways.

Right now i am catching up with the albums that I never really gave an opportunity because they sounded too modern or just generally vanilla to me ... however even back then I liked 1 or 2 songs per album. Gonna give them another chance next week when they arrive.

In the meantime enjoying 2020's album a lot and looking forward to what's coming next.

P.S: Also have been ordering some new singles i missed so that I can have the bonus tracks and live tracks but I realised the 2010 special edition of the albums do not have access to the vault tracks that were offered online 10 years ago.

Can anyone share?

Which you mean? Those like "Second Chances" from '09-'10? They aren't on internet unfortunately.

By the way: if you're catching up with the lastest BJ's works don't forget to check the bonus tracks/outtakes from WAN/THINFS/2020 and Jon solo's single "Beautiful Day".

on_m3rcur_7 12-15-2020 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Litneg (Post 1271284)
Which you mean? Those like "Second Chances" from '09-'10? They aren't on internet unfortunately.

By the way: if you're catching up with the lastest BJ's works don't forget to check the bonus tracks/outtakes from WAN/THINFS/2020 and Jon solo's single "Beautiful Day".

Thanks... aware of all of them except for beautiful day. I Will have a look ...is there a physical format of this single out there?

Also, I dont know what you mean with "second chances"... I was talking about those extra tracks you got with the 2010 cds that if you put the cd in the laptop and enter a website you d get access to more live tracks for each album.

Captain_jovi 12-15-2020 08:08 PM

Beautiful Day was a song off of Finding Neverland, songs from the Broadway Musical of the same name. I don't think a stand-alone single was made but I assume there is a CD version of the full soundtrack.

We're not able to share anything that was officially released here for legal purposes but there are some boards that do. Second Chances is one of the songs that was intended for The Circle along with seven or eight others but there's no hope of anyone coming across those.

Litneg 12-15-2020 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by on_m3rcur_7 (Post 1271285)
Thanks... aware of all of them except for beautiful day. I Will have a look ...is there a physical format of this single out there?

Also, I dont know what you mean with "second chances"... I was talking about those extra tracks you got with the 2010 cds that if you put the cd in the laptop and enter a website you d get access to more live tracks for each album.

Just like Cap said.

And there ain't no physical single for Beautiful Day, but there's the whole soundtrack (album) for sale.

YOVANAfromPeru 12-16-2020 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Litneg (Post 1271281)
Is there any link to watch online Bon Jovi peforming tonight?

EDIT: nevermind, found it: https://youtu.be/d4S2Uhtx62Q .

Postponed for hours... and then American Reckoning -_-.
That was the fist song, Bon Jovi.

facaXe 12-16-2020 06:53 AM

JBJ behaves kinda strange recently. His way of performing, it's just so boring and without any energy at all. He seems to be tired and apathetic. I hope he's fine, I slowly begin to worry. JBJ 2015 vs JBJ 2020 - two completely different persons... Like wtf. He changed so much, he got so introverted on stage.

BJFan99 12-16-2020 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by facaXe (Post 1271301)
JBJ behaves kinda strange recently. His way of performing, it's just so boring and without any energy at all. He seems to be tired and apathetic. I hope he's fine, I slowly begin to worry. JBJ 2015 vs JBJ 2020 - two completely different persons... Like wtf. He changed so much, he got so introverted on stage.

I understand your point and partly even agree, but I don't think his overall way of performing has changed much overall. Actually, he was basically stiff as a stick on stage generally from 2015 to early 2017, but since then, with a few exceptions (like obviously the 2020 promo shows with no audience), he's been moving around plenty and interacting with the crowds again, very much like he used to do in the past. It's just an absolute tragedy how his voice ended up, and that's where I wholeheartedly agree about him seeming different than previously and, like you said, sometimes even apathetic.

He's obviously gutted about his vocal state, tries his best to avoid having to discuss it openly (just see how he dialed in with his so-called "reason" for Always not being played much live on that Apple Music interview), and appears very insecure and vulnerable because of it overall. His ego-boosting with ridiculous claims like "I'm singing better than ever" (as in some promo interview of the 2020 album) seems really weird as well - it seems like he's hopelessly trying to convince himself that everything's still alright and can't accept the reality. It's confusing.

jovifan93 12-16-2020 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1271286)
We're not able to share anything that was officially released here for legal purposes but there are some boards that do. Second Chances is one of the songs that was intended for The Circle along with seven or eight others but there's no hope of anyone coming across those.

And why is that? Were they only available by streaming? Did no one record them? I find it hard to believe that no one has those songs if someone had access to them then. Personally, I never heard of them, so I'd die to hear them ;-)

Supersonic 12-16-2020 10:22 AM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1271304)
And why is that? Were they only available by streaming? Did no one record them? I find it hard to believe that no one has those songs if someone had access to them then. Personally, I never heard of them, so I'd die to hear them ;-)

No, several people have heard them. They're just not sharing it because they had to work hard to gain people's trust and sharing the songs would essentially mean losing privilige of ever getting something rare again.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

jovifan93 12-16-2020 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1271305)
Aloha !

No, several people have heard them. They're just not sharing it because they had to work hard to gain people's trust and sharing the songs would essentially mean losing privilige of ever getting something rare again.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

And let me guess, you're one of them? ;-) I'm just curious, because every other rare stuff that has surfaced has found its way to YouTube, so why wouldn't this?

Captain_jovi 12-16-2020 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1271304)

They were in a torrent file dated pre The Circle's release. I found it by searching for "Saturday Night Gave Me Sunday Morning" the day the song title was announced. At that point the torrent was three-ish years old and didn't have any seeders.

https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/new-b...sunday-t69127/

I truly don't think they're in circulation.

Supersonic 12-16-2020 07:08 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1271307)
And let me guess, you're one of them? ;-) I'm just curious, because every other rare stuff that has surfaced has found its way to YouTube, so why wouldn't this?

There's lots of stuff that isn't in circulation because once you do say you have something people expect you to give it away for free while not offering anything in return.And if you don't, you'll be treated to a whole lot of hostility. This is why the good stuff just isn't shared and/or posted online anywhere. It's just not worth the hassle. Those who brag about their collection are those who've got **** all, really, and pretty much blow their chance at getting something decent anyway.

Mona Lisa hasn't leaked either. The demo recordings for the Keep The Faith album have been in circulation for many years and still most of it hasn't showed up on youTube. Yovana shared some stuff of it several months ago but the good quality stuff is not widespread, no matter what she and her pseudo boyfriend would like everyone on this board to believe. Demo recordings for These Days aren't in circulation. The first mix of Lost Highway isn't available anywhere. There's only an mp3 rip of the first edition of Have A Nice Day. So no, not everything ends up on youTube. :)

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

rolo_tomachi 12-16-2020 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1271316)
Aloha !

There's lots of stuff that isn't in circulation because once you do say you have something people expect you to give it away for free while not offering anything in return.And if you don't, you'll be treated to a whole lot of hostility. This is why the good stuff just isn't shared and/or posted online anywhere. It's just not worth the hassle. Those who brag about their collection are those who've got **** all, really, and pretty much blow their chance at getting something decent anyway.

Mona Lisa hasn't leaked either. The demo recordings for the Keep The Faith album have been in circulation for many years and still most of it hasn't showed up on youTube. Yovana shared some stuff of it several months ago but the good quality stuff is not widespread, no matter what she and her pseudo boyfriend would like everyone on this board to believe. Demo recordings for These Days aren't in circulation. The first mix of Lost Highway isn't available anywhere. There's only an mp3 rip of the first edition of Have A Nice Day. So no, not everything ends up on youTube. :)

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Just a curiosity, those songs that have not been filtered yet that belong to The Circle and the first mix of Lost Highway, what quality of sound does it have? Does it sound the same as a CDrip or is there low quality comprehension and bitrate? Sound better than the first edition of HAND?

jimmyjovi89 12-16-2020 11:21 PM

I just get annoyed that normal fans don’t get the chance to hear these songs because they have nothing to trade. I got 2020 a few days early but I don’t think I would ever have anything that these people would need. The Circle has been one of my favourite albums and I would pretty much sell a kidney to hear the outtakes. I do understand people have their sources and do not want to burn them I guess I’m just gutted.

Captain_jovi 12-16-2020 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmyjovi89 (Post 1271319)
I just get annoyed that normal fans don’t get the chance to hear these songs because they have nothing to trade. I got 2020 a few days early but I don’t think I would ever have anything that these people would need. The Circle has been one of my favourite albums and I would pretty much sell a kidney to hear the outtakes. I do understand people have their sources and do not want to burn them I guess I’m just gutted.

IF these are actually out there, I don't imagine it's a large amount of people that have them. I'm sure one day this stuff will start coming out. Since 2015 only Seb has talked about people being out there that have it, other than that it's been nothing.

Alphavictim 12-17-2020 12:09 AM

Of course "people" are gonna have it. The question is if any of the people that have it could even leak it without losing not only "fandom" connections but also potentially their job/burning business bridges.

Captain_jovi 12-17-2020 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1271322)
Of course "people" are gonna have it. The question is if any of the people that have it could even leak it without losing not only "fandom" connections but also potentially their job/burning business bridges.

I'm not denying people have it but the idea that hardcore collectors have it, I seriously doubt.

Kova 12-17-2020 10:33 AM

A random question. Did anyone get the album on vinyl yet? I thought it was supposed to be shipped in early December, but still no word yet..

I ordered it from Bon Jovi UK, and sent an email like a month ago asking about the status, but no reply...

Thinny 12-17-2020 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kova (Post 1271334)
A random question. Did anyone get the album on vinyl yet? I thought it was supposed to be shipped in early December, but still no word yet..

I ordered it from Bon Jovi UK, and sent an email like a month ago asking about the status, but no reply...

I believe it's been delayed until february now

angelsambo 12-17-2020 11:22 AM

Did anyone watch this performance?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIrQhVyBNlr/

Litneg 12-17-2020 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelsambo (Post 1271337)
Did anyone watch this performance?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIrQhVyBNlr/

Nope. It was a paid event. But I know Jon sang Unbroken in there.

Kova 12-17-2020 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1271336)
I believe it's been delayed until february now

Man, that's a long time.. Thanks for the info! May I ask where did you learn about it?

Thinny 12-17-2020 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kova (Post 1271340)
Man, that's a long time.. Thanks for the info! May I ask where did you learn about it?

Someone here posted it here, but most of the online retailers are now listing the new date:

https://store.hmv.com/store/music/vi...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

https://www.zoom.co.uk/product/bon_j...BoCS0AQAvD_BwE

etc etc

steel_horse75 12-17-2020 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kova (Post 1271334)

Delayed until late Feb.
Probably due to lack of interest.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Thinny 12-17-2020 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1271357)
Delayed until late Feb.

If that was the case they would just cancel the release. Delaying it til Feb would be pointless. There won't be any more interest generated for the Vinyl in the next 2 months...

Captain_jovi 12-17-2020 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1271357)
Delayed until late Feb.

I don't know why you're so obsessed with the notion everything is "lack of interest" though.

steel_horse75 12-17-2020 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1271359)
If that was the case they would just cancel the release. Delaying it til Feb would be pointless. There won't be any more interest generated for the Vinyl in the next 2 months...

How come every other artist can get their vinyl out?
The vinyl has been pushed back twice since the CD came out.

Thinny 12-17-2020 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1271363)
How come every other artist can get their vinyl out?
The vinyl has been pushed back twice since the CD came out.

There are more reasons things can be pushed back than "lack of interest". Who knows what the problem is, but that reason just makes no sense. What would delaying it achieve? Anyone that wanted to pre-order it would have done it already.

Captain_jovi 12-17-2020 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1271365)
There are more reasons things can be pushed back than "lack of interest". Who knows what the problem is, but that reason just makes no sense. What would delaying it achieve? Anyone that wanted to pre-order it would have done it already.

Yeah if it was lack of interest they just.....wouldn't put it out and refund everyone that paid for it. If that number is so small that's an easy fix. If the vinyls have already been made and it's more a shipping issue (which I genuinely think it is) they're sitting on product.

Sure, bands this year have had vinyls out. But factor in the last few months between the vaccines being shipped, the recent election had a huuuuuge chunk by mail, the holiday season, I could go on and on about why this quarter has seen a lot of massive delays on stuff like this.

liljovi93 12-17-2020 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1271362)
I don't know why you're so obsessed with the notion everything is "lack of interest" though.

Probably get the 'worked for universal' and sales comparison soon too.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

jimmyjovi89 12-17-2020 11:07 PM

Just for comparison The Killers new album that came out in August has only just had its vinyl release this week so it’s not down to lack of interest.

Captain_jovi 12-18-2020 12:43 AM

We're in a global pandemic, let's be realistic here.

YOVANAfromPeru 12-18-2020 01:07 AM

My 2020 vinyl was shipped yesterday from the BJ store, but I don't want it anymore... >_< jaja

steel_horse75 12-18-2020 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1271369)
Probably get the 'worked for universal' and sales comparison soon too.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

I'd love to know the official sales in UK.
But did I tell you I worked for universal.....

The only reason for delay could be they want to add extra 2 tracks to as its a double - its pretty pointless making a double album with 10 tracks.

Thinny 12-18-2020 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1271376)
My 2020 vinyl was shipped yesterday from the BJ store, but I don't want it anymore... >_< jaja

If some Vinyl is shipping from the Bon Jovi store, then it has to be a production issue...ie. They couldn't get enough copies made in time to supply other stores.

steel_horse75 12-18-2020 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1271376)

Use it as a tray to serve Xmas drinks on.

jimmyjovi89 12-18-2020 10:58 PM

Do you think the UK store is serviced by the same distributors as the us store? I’d really like the vinyl!

steel_horse75 12-18-2020 11:05 PM

Amazon not even sure if they will get this in.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...f1864d6ace.jpg

Johny 12-26-2020 01:14 AM

Does anybody have any info about this edition? Discos says it's an unofficial Russian recording. I know that they don't care about anything in Russia but you just can't release something like that unofficialy, can you?

https://www.discogs.com/Bon-Jovi-2020/release/16207240

The cover doesn't even say that the second DWYC is the duet version. It seems like someone wanted to have a full edition that was released only digitally. However, it doesn't like a CD burnt at home.