Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

StoneDeaf 04-21-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1123608)
"A: Well, from “Runaway” to the new record. I’d be hard pressed to be playing anything from the second album because I never thought much of it but from “Slippery,” “New Jersey,” “Keep the Faith.” I haven’t done anything off of “Bounce” in a while, which in all honesty was one of those records where I would have said, “Man, I think this record’s great, start to finish.” To tell you the truth, I’ve gotta go back and listen again to hear why I’m not doing some of those songs."

I, I, I, I....

Just f**king drop the band name already and perform solo if it is that difficult to include band in anything you say.

Neurotica80 04-21-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StoneDeaf (Post 1123671)
I, I, I, I....

Just f**king drop the band name already and perform solo if it is that difficult to include band in anything you say.

I agree. I've spent years correcting people who say he instead of them, def the JBJ and his buddies show now. Jon didn't come across at all well in the WWWB documentary, the patronising pep talk he gave to the band before MSG was total cringe.

Living_on_my_Hair 04-21-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neurotica80 (Post 1123683)
Jon didn't come across at all well in the WWWB documentary, the patronising pep talk he gave to the band before MSG was total cringe.

Ha yeah I remember, everyone is all standing around in the corridor joking and chilling till JBJ comes out of his dressing room and they all literally shut up and stand to attention like the Headmaster's just walked into the classroom!

Andi

Becky 04-21-2013 04:30 PM

"We've been through this before" makes it sound like rehab again.

Mysterytrain 04-21-2013 05:05 PM

Also, it sounds as though Dave and Tico are in touch with Richie, and it sounds like Jon is not. Wasn't that the way it was when JXR had their falling out in the "New Jersey" era?

TheseDaysEra 04-21-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1123706)
Also, it sounds as though Dave and Tico are in touch with Richie, and it sounds like Jon is not. Wasn't that the way it was when JXR had their falling out in the "New Jersey" era?

I don't think we should be reminiscing about what happened in the past, IMO. these are completely different times !

anyways, seems like neither tico or david want to put their hands in the fire regarding the exact date when Richie will be back on the road.
I'm curious weather or not he'll be back for the gigs in S.Africa. If he's not back for the first European gig that's it, he won't be joining it at all for the remaing of the tour. I can't imagine him being back on the road in the middle of a European tour. I just don't see it happening. and if that's the case, I know for a fact I'm not paying to see Jon Bon Jovi & Friends in Lisbon.

rolo_tomachi 04-21-2013 05:20 PM

Richie co-wrote most of the songs of Bon Jovi, and gave him a powerful sound with his guitar.

Jon is too egocentric, this is not new, but now add that is an idiot.

Without Richie and the boys, Jon would the powerstation guy, remember Atlantic City Expressway?

Even "Runaway" success owes to George Karak.

dianeee 04-21-2013 05:45 PM

Richies website say "Richie is currently on the road with Bon Jovi, touring the world in support of the band's new album What About Now, which recently debuted at #1. CLICK HERE FOR TOUR DATES AND TICKETS! "
And the tour dates include the 23rd and 25th.
Please don't tell me this is old information!!

CKatz 04-21-2013 05:51 PM

It worries me that not even Tico and David know when Richie will be back, despite being in contact with him. This can't be rehab, because a patient knows how long it will take. The average rehab stay is 30 days.

Captain_jovi 04-21-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1123716)
It worries me that not even Tico and David know when Richie will be back, despite being in contact with him. This can't be rehab, because a patient knows how long it will take. The average rehab stay is 30 days.

If it's truly rehab then it wouldn't matter how long he's in there for. He may need time to recover at home before throwing himself back on the road. That's what he did last time and it didn't seem to work with him. But I know next to nothing about alcohol addiction or whatever it is he's in there for.

I really thought he was doing this because he wanted to promote his own stuff but by taking himself out of the band picture he can't really go out and shill Aftermath. At least stateside he has no audience. The Bon Jovi fan base is his bread and butter and he knows it so doing anything to piss off the organization would bite him in the ass.