Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Hysteria (Deluxe Edition) (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=36816)

Dave 1986 07-22-2013 12:42 AM

You're welcome.:cool:

I know, I'd much rather this sort of show than just a vanilla set like they've been doing since around 2005(?). They really dug deep with the first half of the show. Songs like "Slang", "Good Morning Freedom" and tracks from the first album. I saw that clip of "Don't Shoot Shotgun" which was awesome, though I've never seen any clips of it from the Hysteria tour to compare it to. What with this being their first official full concert video in 25 years, this makes it all the more special.

The blu ray version is the one I'm gonna snap up!

It's a pretty nifty site as opposed to their official one.

Dave 1986 08-10-2013 01:58 AM

Amazon.com has the Slang reissue listed for August 27th.

Def Leppard - Def Leppard - Slang (Deluxe... Def Leppard - Def Leppard - Slang (Deluxe...

Bleeding Purist 08-10-2013 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave 1986 (Post 1149973)

Hope that is real. ... but the band hasn't said anything.

In other news, I'm quite happy at the track list for Viva Hysteria!

Captain_jovi 08-10-2013 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave 1986 (Post 1149973)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...w_bottom_links

OH HELL YES.

yomamasofat 08-11-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist (Post 1149975)
Hope that is real. ... but the band hasn't said anything.

In other news, I'm quite happy at the track list for Viva Hysteria!

Pretty much the best thing they've done for ages. Live DVD of the year winner for sure.

Bleeding Purist 09-01-2013 03:40 AM

Def Leppard - VIVA! Hysteria [2 CD/DVD... Def Leppard - VIVA! Hysteria [2 CD/DVD...
There are now audio samples of every track for the upcoming Viva Hysteria release. I've actually found myself on quite the Def Leppard kick as of late all due to the lead up to this release. I had planned to go to one of the shows myself as it was quite convenient for me, but it's not been a good year for going to shows.

Oddly enough... I found myself revisiting Adrenalize and planning to order the Deluxe Edition. I mostly want the B-Sides. There are some pretty good live versions in that set. I also finally discovered "Tonight," which I always ignored. So I'd like to have it in remastered form. That's not to say I'm finding new love for the album as it is overrun with pure over-formulated sugary crap. I never really categorized "Tonight," just noted that the band often referred to it during the recording process leading up to the album as having a "Foolin"-type of vibe and found it underwhelming through those eyes. It's definitely got more quality to it that makes it stand out from the pack.

I've been avoiding getting my heart set on it, but the Slang Deluxe set is also another factor for the recent resurgence. I never did get my hands on my own copy of "Truth (Demo Version) so I'd love to get it on disc, to say nothing of everything else they are talking about.

I'll be ordering the Blu Ray, out October 22nd in the U.S according to Amazon.

Captain_jovi 09-01-2013 02:48 PM

I've always thought Move with me slowly is one that got away. What are your thoughts on that one?

Dave 1986 09-01-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist (Post 1151533)
Oddly enough... I found myself revisiting Adrenalize and planning to order the Deluxe Edition. I mostly want the B-Sides. There are some pretty good live versions in that set. I also finally discovered "Tonight," which I always ignored. So I'd like to have it in remastered form. That's not to say I'm finding new love for the album as it is overrun with pure over-formulated sugary crap. I never really categorized "Tonight," just noted that the band often referred to it during the recording process leading up to the album as having a "Foolin"-type of vibe and found it underwhelming through those eyes. It's definitely got more quality to it that makes it stand out from the pack.

I've been avoiding getting my heart set on it, but the Slang Deluxe set is also another factor for the recent resurgence. I never did get my hands on my own copy of "Truth (Demo Version) so I'd love to get it on disc, to say nothing of everything else they are talking about.

My opinion on Adrenalize is largley similar to yours. The album as a whole is crap but there are some redeeming features. I've always liked "Tonight" mainly for the groove but the song itself doesn't really sound like its about anything! And I don't get the "Foolin'" link. That and "Stand Up (Kick Love into Motion" are highlights for me. The bonus disc certainly beefs up the whole package and I'm sure you can find the Deluxe Edition pretty cheap now. I personally prefer the overall sound quality of the original CD myself (same goes for Pyromania and Hysteria) but that's just my preference.

I'm still pumped for the Slang Deluxe Edition for all the "new" material as much as anything as its probably the closest anyone will get to the band trying to revisit that sound instead of them writing another album in that vein. The "Truth?" Demo is great and almost stands up as its own song, though probably wouldn't have worked so well as it appears on the album.

Bleeding Purist 09-01-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1151541)
I've always thought Move with me slowly is one that got away. What are your thoughts on that one?

Definitely. I do have that one on disc. They were really into playing acoustically during this period and overall I find it a cleansing period for them as a band. So this track really sums up where they were. Move With Me Slowly should have been on the album and the second single. It's upbeat with a chorus that easily sticks with you. There is too much weight on the side of the darker songs leaving Slang and Work It Out as the only ones bringing some sunshine to the album.

All I Want Is Everything should have been a bonus track. It drags.. it's repetitive.. and a downer. It definitely should not have been a single. I like it, personally.. but it wasn't the best choice either as a single or as one of the regulars in setlist representing the album.

Bleeding Purist 09-01-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave 1986 (Post 1151542)
I'm sure you can find the Deluxe Edition pretty cheap now. I personally prefer the overall sound quality of the original CD myself (same goes for Pyromania and Hysteria) but that's just my preference.

I was actually able to just order it from Amazon UK for $19.33 total. If I ordered from Amazon US it would have been $29.40.