Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Official European 2019 tourdates (Check 1st post for updates) (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70437)

rokenrola 05-05-2019 06:32 PM

In the end all it matters is how people would feel after show in every country,if majority are ok with BJ state today,then is pointless to spread negativity here. I know that almost every show will be close to sold out,no matter tickets be given or in half price. I also know that we will get shows with great playing,no matter of Jons voice so it wont be disaster like some of you here wish for.
I am ok with BJ today,I am not lowering my standards by any means I just love this band and they will give their best to present themselves.I dont give a damn about tour gross or any numbers,they are BJ,for 10 years surely one of the biggest band in the world(86-96) and that is rare among rock bands.
They are fading slowly and it is ok,they are survivers. I choose the words when I talk about them-long live BJ.;)

YOVANAfromPeru 05-05-2019 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rokenrola (Post 1252690)
they are survivers.

It’s just that Richie Sambora or Phil X don’t sell without Bon Jovi: Jon Bon Jovi, David Bryan and Tico Torres.
I certainly would go to a Bon Jovi, Jon Bon Jovi, Richie Sambora shows; sometimes this board sucks!

Jeeper 05-06-2019 09:01 AM

6 or so weeks out from the Anfield gig and I’ve zero excitement in all honesty. This will be the first BJ gig my wife will attend and I think the occasion rather than the show is the only reason we’re going. It will be great to catch up with Jay from this board and I’m sure the vibe will be good on the day, but.........God I remember the butterfly’s months out from shows on the KTF / TD Tours! Sad..

Also, anyone know what the capacity will be for Anfield? Maybe they should have chose Goodison.... [emoji14]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jazzsta 05-06-2019 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeeper (Post 1252702)
6 or so weeks out from the Anfield gig and I’ve zero excitement in all honesty. This will be the first BJ gig my wife will attend and I think the occasion rather than the show is the only reason we’re going....

Oh man this is a poor period for a first BJ show. I hope something happens and they do put out a better-than-average-last-4-years show..

Thinny 05-06-2019 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1252694)
It’s just that Richie Sambora or Phil X don’t sell without Bon Jovi: Jon Bon Jovi, David Bryan and Tico Torres.
I certainly would go to a Bon Jovi, Jon Bon Jovi, Richie Sambora shows; sometimes this board sucks!

Sambora could do mid sized theatres in the UK if he wanted to. Phil X could do small clubs maybe.

YOVANAfromPeru 05-08-2019 10:18 PM

Phil X: "They wanna keep between 25 to 40 shows a year."

Jonty 05-10-2019 07:41 PM

Personally I would like to see them bring back the melody of covers during a song, love the snippets of different covers if they mix them up. Give Phil a chance to jam out a bit on guitar, play a rarity or two and mix the set list up, even if the songs are nearly the same. A Jon patrolling the stage too would be good but will be interesting to see if the stage will extend out into the crowd or not. Haven't seen them since 2013 in Slane and New Jersey and Richie messed up that dream of seeing them all at their home stadium so in general, I am looking forward to both shows I am attending in Dublin and Wembley.

PanosBonJovi 05-14-2019 11:32 AM

Romanian pre-sale is so poor! Anyway, anyone can tell me if there is any price reduction around Europe and in which venues I could possibly find tickets for the GC/DC etc? I might be able to do one more show on this tour

Regards

Matrix15 05-14-2019 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeeper (Post 1252702)
6 or so weeks out from the Anfield gig and I’ve zero excitement in all honesty. This will be the first BJ gig my wife will attend and I think the occasion rather than the show is the only reason we’re going. It will be great to catch up with Jay from this board and I’m sure the vibe will be good on the day, but.........God I remember the butterfly’s months out from shows on the KTF / TD Tours! Sad..

Also, anyone know what the capacity will be for Anfield? Maybe they should have chose Goodison.... [emoji14]

Anfield is my wife's first Bon Jovi gig too, only took eight years to persuade her to go to a show!

james_d 05-14-2019 07:43 PM

I'm going to Wembley and get the feeling I'd be more excited if it weren't for my exams are just before it. Tickets arrived last week which piqued my excitement a bit.

Jeeper 05-15-2019 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matrix15 (Post 1252856)
Anfield is my wife's first Bon Jovi gig too, only took eight years to persuade her to go to a show!

Ha. As previously mentioned, what an unfortunate time we’ve chosen for their first Jovi experience!

Walleris 05-15-2019 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matrix15 (Post 1252856)

Bad idea...

But at least if (when) she doesn't like it, you can say it's her fault, because if she said yes 8 years ago, she would have seen a much better show.

Burlhouse 05-16-2019 05:28 AM

Rumour has it that Jon will be bringing a vintage guitar with him to Europe (or more specifiacally Moscow)

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bxf27OvA...d=l950dpiobf9f

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Thinny 05-16-2019 01:44 PM

A rumour based on the fact that Phil found a box in the studio with it in and posted a pic?

Jon barely plays guitar now on stage, and when he does it's an acoustic. why would he bring this to Europe?

Still, nice to see that guitar again!

DestinationJovi 05-16-2019 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1252908)
A rumour based on the fact that Phil found a box in the studio with it in and posted a pic?

Jon barely plays guitar now on stage, and when he does it's an acoustic. why would he bring this to Europe?

Still, nice to see that guitar again!

Not a rumor.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxiLS9PnMg1/

You just know Jon is planning for the side by side, 1989/2019 pic.

Thinny 05-16-2019 10:22 PM

So because Jon is looking at the guitar, he's thinking about bringing it to Europe? Am I missing something? All just seems like wishful thinking to me....

DestinationJovi 05-16-2019 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1252919)
So because Jon is looking at the guitar, he's thinking about bringing it to Europe? Am I missing something? All just seems like wishful thinking to me....

Man, read the caption and hashtags.

Thinny 05-16-2019 11:15 PM

I did. It doesn't say anything about Jon taking the guitar to Europe. just that they are "gearing up". It means nothing. They clearly showed Jon the guitar after they found it and he was checking it out.

What song do you think he would play this on? I'd be pleasently suprised if it turned up on stage, but I don't think it's likely. Time will tell...

Thinny 05-16-2019 11:17 PM

Jesus, Shanks is embaressing....acting all fan boy! You're in the band for god's sakes...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxiMEBiHyNq/

liljovi93 05-16-2019 11:30 PM

Phil X highly doubts JBJ will be playing the NJ guitar.

Maybe he is??https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...3b6cee4f2a.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

DestinationJovi 05-16-2019 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1252921)
I did. It doesn't say anything about Jon taking the guitar to Europe. just that they are "gearing up". It means nothing. They clearly showed Jon the guitar after they found it and he was checking it out.

What song do you think he would play this on? I'd be pleasently suprised if it turned up on stage, but I don't think it's likely. Time will tell...

Are you serious? Wtf does the hashtag #tour mean to you??

He played it on I'd Die For You on the NJ tour.

DestinationJovi 05-16-2019 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1252923)
Phil X highly doubts JBJ will be playing the NJ guitar.

Maybe he is??https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...3b6cee4f2a.jpg

If Phil or Shanks play this fcukin guitar on tour that may have to be the end for me.

Nothing will be sacred anymore.

Thinny 05-17-2019 01:35 PM

Told ya. ;)

Shame, would have been see it to get some use again. I doubt Shanks or Phil will be using it either. It was just a photo taken at rehersals, hence the hastags....

JackieBlue 05-17-2019 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1252924)
Are you serious? Wtf does the hashtag #tour mean to you??...

I wondered why the tone of this post sounded so familiar. Then I remembered. ;)
Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1248423)
..."Strange thing about addiction is it doesn't cure itself. It's that tough love thing...Addicts don't get better on their own."

If you can't put this together and figure it out then I truly hope you're never called for jury duty.

This is a prime example of why I refuse to take for granted that something is an established truth - just because it's easy put things together and figure it out. No matter how obvious it may seem on the surface, it's still nothing more than assumption.

DestinationJovi 05-17-2019 10:38 PM

Wow, that post was from December. You keep pretty close ties on me Jackie. I'm flattered lmaoooo.

JackieBlue 05-18-2019 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1252937)
Wow, that post was from December. You keep pretty close ties on me Jackie. I'm flattered lmaoooo.

Not nearly as close as you seem to keep on me and Rosa. :)

DestinationJovi 05-18-2019 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1252940)
Not nearly as close as you seem to keep on me and Rosa. :)

Wtf are you even talking about. You searched through my posting history. That's creepy and stalkerish.

How about you quit derailing this thread Jackie. The topic is the European tour, not me or my five month old post about your inability to accept the fact that Richie is an addict.

Bye Felisha.

JackieBlue 05-20-2019 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1252944)
Wtf are you even talking about. You searched through my posting history. That's creepy and stalkerish.

How about you quit derailing this thread Jackie. The topic is the European tour, not me or my five month old post about your inability to accept the fact that Richie is an addict.

Bye Felisha.

Wrong on 3 counts, actually.
1. I didn't search your posting history.
2. I'm not in denial about Richie being an addict; but as you said, that's a different discussion altogether.
3. My post wasn't off topic; but I see, now, that it may have required reading between the lines to make the connection. (That sometimes happens when I try to keep posts short.)

In the post that I initially replied to, you suggested that Thinny didn't know what he was talking about because he didn't agree with your take on what #tour meant. That's not the first time you have implied that people were clueless when they didn't draw the same conclusion you drew from the same information; and my reference to your 5-month-old post was an example of that.

My point was that both you and Thinny were making assumptions about what might happen in Europe; because neither of you knows, atm, which way it will go. You could be right; and Jon may, even yet, play that very guitar on the European tour. But Phil-X seems to think that won't be the case. That might suggest that when speculation is involved, the mere fact that people don't interpret information the same way you do doesn't necessarily mean that they are blind, deaf, and stupid (or wrong) after all.

That's really all I have to say on the subject. If you want to continue discussing your posts or mine, I'm game; but I suggest that we take it to PM. Since you seem to be concerned that we're derailing the thread. ;)

MrIks from Finland 05-22-2019 09:37 AM

Little bit over 40 000 tickets sold for Tallinn says Livenation Finland. Also 15 000 of them are Finns. Capacity of Song festival grounds is 70 000.

steel_horse75 05-24-2019 03:42 PM

https://twitter.com/BonJovi/status/1131910320371331073

Hate this....playing record track over rehearsal footage.
We know why but its horrible.

Butters 05-24-2019 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1253067)
https://twitter.com/BonJovi/status/1131910320371331073

Hate this....playing record track over rehearsal footage.
We know why but its horrible.

Not as horrible as the real thing.

Thinny 05-31-2019 10:02 AM

Coventry and Liverpool shows on 50% off this weekend on Ticketmasters flash sale:

https://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/promo...ontent=1314420

steel_horse75 05-31-2019 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1253265)
Coventry and Liverpool shows on 50% off this weekend on Ticketmasters flash sale:

https://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/promo...ontent=1314420

Crikey - they must be struggling. No idea why the bothered with the Coventry date.

Jeeper 05-31-2019 11:11 AM

When did they last completely sell out a venue? Not the fabricated figures we see and hear, but genuine stats?

liljovi93 05-31-2019 11:14 AM

Really not sure why people are surprised.

I've seen brand new billboards this week around the city so they're trying to promote them a lot more.

Don't be surprised to see them on Groupon for a tenner again within the next two weeks.

Jeeper 05-31-2019 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1253270)
Really not sure why people are surprised.

I've seen brand new billboards this week around the city so they're trying to promote them a lot more.

Don't be surprised to see them on Groupon for a tenner again within the next two weeks.

No sympathy for them in all honesty. **** all effort in promoting the tour from a band perspective. Jon’s giving interviews every other week about his wine yet nothing in the UK for a tour that’s only 3 weeks away. (First time back in Liverpool in 33yrs - home of The Beatles.....)

They don’t have the pulling power to simply just turn up and expect sell out shows.

Jonty 05-31-2019 12:25 PM

So I am heading to Wembley and first Dublin Night 1. I could be tempted to stay on in Dublin on Sunday rather than heading home if Night 2 tickets came down in price. Where would they likely appear and when?

Xavi 05-31-2019 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeeper (Post 1253269)
When did they last completely sell out a venue? Not the fabricated figures we see and hear, but genuine stats?

Madrid is sold out since the day tickets were on sale

PanosBonJovi 06-01-2019 05:17 PM

Indeed Madrid sold out instantly and I bet Milan would be a instant sold out as well if Italy was included in the program. Same as Athens, if there was a Greek date it would be a sold out as well. On the other hand you got Bucharest who sales poorly, Tel Aviv for 2nd or 3rd time in a row etc...

Not even Portugal this time.

bonjovi90 06-01-2019 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanosBonJovi (Post 1253523)
Indeed Madrid sold out instantly and I bet Milan would be a instant sold out as well if Italy was included in the program. Same as Athens, if there was a Greek date it would be a sold out as well. On the other hand you got Bucharest who sales poorly, Tel Aviv for 2nd or 3rd time in a row etc...

Not even Portugal this time.

But if I'm not mistaken, Lisbon had sold very well in 2011, but much much worse in 2013 from what I remember.

It really is a mixed bag in Europe this time around. Munich has sold much better and faster than it has done since 2006 while Dusseldorf is packed, but had very cheap offers for quite a lot of seats in the upper rafters in the past weeks. Wembley has sold well, but other cities in the UK are struggling. It's a bit of hit and miss.