Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

SadieLady 04-21-2013 09:21 PM

Three weeks is not exactly "many weeks." It was announced from the first statement that he would be gone this leg go the tour. Let's wait a couple of more weeks before having a total meltdown. Surely by then this thread will be up to 200 pages.

linnea.cfc32_jovibandana 04-21-2013 09:32 PM

I just hate the general randomness and confusion regarding LEG or ENTIRE TOUR. Drives me insane :confused:

bjcrazycpa 04-21-2013 10:03 PM

From the AZCentral interview:

"Richie’s still the guitar player in the band until the day he says he’s not. We’ll always support him and whatever he’s going through."

That's straight from Jon, so sounds like unless Richie wants out.......

faith1985 04-21-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 1123762)
From the AZCentral interview:

"Richie’s still the guitar player in the band until the day he says he’s not. We’ll always support him and whatever he’s going through."

That's straight from Jon, so sounds like unless Richie wants out.......

Cool, thanks for posting. I really believe that it is NOT about an argument between Jon and Richie!

ezearis 04-21-2013 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1123608)
This was pretty interesting I thought:

"A: Well, from “Runaway” to the new record. I’d be hard pressed to be playing anything from the second album because I never thought much of it but from “Slippery,” “New Jersey,” “Keep the Faith.” I haven’t done anything off of “Bounce” in a while, which in all honesty was one of those records where I would have said, “Man, I think this record’s great, start to finish.” To tell you the truth, I’ve gotta go back and listen again to hear why I’m not doing some of those songs."

Yes Jon, you gotta go back and listen again to hear why you're not doing some of those songs. They're great.

MrNickel 04-21-2013 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faith1985 (Post 1123766)
Cool, thanks for posting. I really believe that it is NOT about an argument between Jon and Richie!

It really is the most vague and confusing situation ever. I suppose thats their intention.

faith1985 04-21-2013 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNickel (Post 1123771)
It really is the most vague and confusing situation ever. I suppose thats their intention.

I don't see it that way. They say it is personal and Jon said they are behind him (if it turns out to be a big lie on Jon's account, I would hate it but for now, why shouldn't I believe him? Personal means personal).

joloriquelme 04-21-2013 10:52 PM

After many days, and this latest interview, I'm starting to think that indeed is a personal issue.

In fact, I think that even Jon or the rest of the band doesn't what's going on with Richie.

Maybe he left because he received a news like "one of his latest 'girlfriends' was pregnant and their baby was born just the day he quit...".

Think about it. This kind of situation:

- Is a real emergency
- Isn't a illness, so no worry about it, and not need to cancel any tour
- Doesn't evidence relationship issues in the band, but Jon surpise (like he's saying it)
- Richie is MIA in the world, but non on rehab, on injuried, or sick
- Doesn't need Ava to be stressed (ergo, is 'tweeting' anyway)
- Promises a return soon to the band and the tour once this is resolved

Is a realy silly and stupid situation. But, even, is possible.

Cheers.

asok80 04-21-2013 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dianeee (Post 1123750)
Why would Richies website post he is currrently touring and list the 23rd and 25th as upcoming dates??
Doesn't anyone think this means he'll be back??

Nope that list has been auomatically updated during the tour

Becky 04-21-2013 11:04 PM

From the article with Jon:

We caught up with the singer Thursday, April 4 — two days after he learned that Bon Jovi guitarist Richie Sambora would not be joining him that night on stage or any other night for the duration of the tour.

It was done quite a while ago so that would explain why, at that point, he hadn't talked to Richie but Tico and Dave may have when their interview was done. I don't think there's any need to look at it like, "Things aren't good between Jon and Richie."