Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

Rockstarlady 04-15-2021 06:59 AM

Just a really quick q: could anyone post a pic of the album credits/thank yous of the 2020 booklet? I only own the digital version but would really like to check something...
Thanks a bunch in advance! :cool:

jovifan93 04-15-2021 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1273175)

Thanks. Good that someone finally asks, although the answer isn't saying anything really. I mean sure, he's not gonna admit that his voice is shot (even though he did in 2016 and even in a song), and I applaud him for working on his voice (though I'm not quite sure I believe the every day stuff). But to say he's doing it to be even better than before 50? C'mon, you're not believing that yourself, or are you?

steel_horse75 04-15-2021 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1273175)
Jon said he didn't have voice surgery:

If he did he should get his money back. But makes sense he didn’t seeing as he sings through his nose these day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Litneg 04-15-2021 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockstarlady (Post 1273176)
Just a really quick q: could anyone post a pic of the album credits/thank yous of the 2020 booklet? I only own the digital version but would really like to check something...

I don't have, but if it's about Phil, yeah, his "thank you" notes are missing.

BJFan99 04-16-2021 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1273177)
But to say he's doing it to be even better than before 50? C'mon, you're not believing that yourself, or are you?

Haha! :D F*cking hell, Jon...

Sometimes it really seems like the guy has just totally lost his marbles.

YOVANAfromPeru 04-17-2021 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockstarlady (Post 1273176)

https://i.postimg.cc/PH0nxMcf/2-D075...93-B98-EB6.jpg

Captain_jovi 04-17-2021 03:50 AM

Anyone else find it fishy Phil's thank you's didn't make it in because he forgot/didn't make it in time for an album delayed almost six full months?

Rockstarlady 04-17-2021 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1273200)

Thank you so much!!! :)

steel_horse75 04-17-2021 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1273202)
Anyone else find it fishy Phil's thank you's didn't make it in because he forgot/didn't make it in time for an album delayed almost six full months?

Does seem a bit odd

Javier 04-19-2021 07:46 AM

Quote:

Phil is the new Alec. He's there to look cool and play his parts live but is largely left out of any creative process and pretty much forgotten about as soon as He's not needed.

GabrielC 04-20-2021 05:54 AM

Quote:

I just don't think he cares enough.

steel_horse75 04-20-2021 08:51 AM

Jon says that Phil in the band but he isn’t really. He doesn’t play solos on all the songs and doesn’t contribute to writing.

He’s a hired gun and I think he prefers that.

Santa Fe 04-21-2021 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1273250)
Jon says that Phil in the band but he isn’t really. He doesn’t play solos on all the songs and doesn’t contribute to writing.

He’s a hired gun and I think he prefers that.

Probably you are right :p

liljovi93 04-23-2021 12:02 AM

A video for Luv Can is coming soon apparently.

Jon has also wrote songs with Billy Falcon and John Shanks in the last week or so.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Litneg 04-23-2021 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1273271)

Jon has also wrote songs with Billy Falcon and John Shanks in the last week or so.

Wait, what??? Luv Can??

Captain_jovi 04-23-2021 12:50 AM

Wait hum what? Well I'll eat my hat for saying it'd never happen months ago.

This COULD mean they're re-releasing it with a non-topical song as a single which is smart as heck.

Where did you read that? Just curious.

steel_horse75 04-23-2021 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1273271)

A bonus track?
Jon's flogging 2020....its a dead horse.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

liljovi93 04-23-2021 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1273274)
A bonus track?

Mate, no.

Two songs for a new album in the works.

Luv Can is just a music video. Don't think it's official single. Just a compilation of the recording videos to 2020.

steel_horse75 04-23-2021 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1273275)
Mate, no.

Two songs for a new album in the works.

Luv Can is just a music video. Don't think it's official single. Just a compilation of the recording videos to 2020.

Ahhh ok. Cheers

Captain_jovi 04-23-2021 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1273274)
A bonus track?

If Jon putting out a song as a single that has been almost universally liked by us still gets snide comments, the band might not be the problem. Not trying to rag on you but how is this move a bad thing? He can't win.

liljovi93 04-23-2021 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1273280)
If Jon putting out a song as a single that has been almost universally liked by us still gets snide comments, the band might not be the problem. Not trying to rag on you but how is this move a bad thing? He can't win.

I had to delete what I was actually going to put because it's just becoming boring now.

'2020 is a flop'

Alright, maybe. But also, Jon may not care as much now and just want to release the odd stuff here and there.

Luv Can having a video isn't major news but it's a surprise and I'll gladly take it. If it was to become a staple or have more chance of being played live because of this, I'll take it! I'm a huge fan of the song.

Captain_jovi 04-23-2021 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1273284)
I had to delete what I was actually going to put because it's just becoming boring now.

'2020 is a flop'

Alright, maybe. But also, Jon may not care as much now and just want to release the odd stuff here and there.

Luv Can having a video isn't major news but it's a surprise and I'll gladly take it. If it was to become a staple or have more chance of being played live because of this, I'll take it! I'm a huge fan of the song.

Ignoring the album and moving on entirely, THAT I'd be mad at. The album has been out six months. Look at the length of time between singles. Half a year is nothing in terms of album promo cycles. It's My Life and Thank You For Loving me were six months apart and I guarantee no one was accusing Jon of flogging a dead horse.

I agree though, not major news but when was the last time a bonus track got so much attention, enough so to film a video for it? The fans dig the song any extra attention to the style of the band we like is aces.

Supersonic 04-23-2021 08:54 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1273286)
IIt's My Life and Thank You For Loving me were six months apart and I guarantee no one was accusing Jon of flogging a dead horse.

Yeah... Because when Thank You For Loving Me was released there'd been a single in between with a video in high demand on VH1 and MTV despite the song not having been released in the U.S.A. Crush was also still in the charts so there was enough reason to release Thank You For Loving Me.

Comparing an album that rode the album charts for nearly a year to an album of which hardly anyone knows it exists is grasping for straws to justify the release of a single no one cares for but a select few people on Jovitalk. It's apples and oranges.

Considering the situation in America right now I've a feeling there'll be a tour announcement coming up for dates next year or something. A tour needs to be promoted by a single and thus there'll be a reason to justify the release of Luv Can. And by the time the tour will take place there'll be an EP or maybe an album for another round of much needed promotion.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Captain_jovi 04-23-2021 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1273288)
Aloha !

Yeah... Because when Thank You For Loving Me was released there'd been a single in between with a video in high demand on VH1 and MTV despite the song not having been released in the U.S.A. Crush was also still in the charts so there was enough reason to release Thank You For Loving Me.

Comparing an album that rode the album charts for nearly a year to an album of which hardly anyone knows it exists is grasping for straws to justify the release of a single no one cares for but a select few people on Jovitalk. It's apples and oranges.

Considering the situation in America right now I've a feeling there'll be a tour announcement coming up for dates next year or something. A tour needs to be promoted by a single and thus there'll be a reason to justify the release of Luv Can. And by the time the tour will take place there'll be an EP or maybe an album for another round of much needed promotion.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Valid point for Crush, yeah. I used that as an example, there are loads of examples of bands releasing two or three sings from an album with six months passing from the date of release to the release date of a single.

It's a select few on JT but you can't deny it did relatively well for an album track on Spotify. The fact that they're using it to promote the album instead of putting out something new to me says something. They could very easily go back to the well and put out a rah-rah live your life bullshit but I think even they know to pump the brakes on the social conscious songs.

angelsambo 04-23-2021 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1273284)
Luv Can having a video isn't major news but it's a surprise ...

fantastic news another slow song another ballad, some fans need and want to rock a little bit jon ...ffs just release the ****ing beautiful drug video

Captain_jovi 04-23-2021 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelsambo (Post 1273291)
fantastic news another slow song another ballad, some fans need and want to rock a little bit jon ...ffs just release the ****ing beautiful drug video

They'd need to remake the video at this point to fit the new lyrics.

Though the idea that they consistently release ballads is wrong. I'm not sure if Amen was ever properly released, if not we're looking at What Do Ya got? I'd love a rockier song to be released but it's been awhile since we got a love song like this released.

Thinny 04-24-2021 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1273292)
They'd need to remake the video at this point to fit the new lyrics.

Surely a bit of clever editing could sort that? At the very least a few close ups of Jon might need to be shot. Minimal cost compared to what would have already been spent on the video.

How different were the lyrics? It was just a couple of lines wasn't it?

Captain_jovi 04-24-2021 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1273294)
Surely a bit of clever editing could sort that? At the very least a few close ups of Jon might need to be shot. Minimal cost compared to what would have already been spent on the video.

How different were the lyrics? It was just a couple of lines wasn't it?

It's never been confirmed how much of the lyrics changed but it must have been enough to scrap it entirely. From the little we heard of the song from the video shoot it was phonetically pretty different from what we have now...That and it would look pretty weird if there was suddenly a video that wasn't 90 percent shots of Jon ya know?

YOVANAfromPeru 04-24-2021 08:12 AM

Very nice Jon's interview

Javier 04-25-2021 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1273296)
It's never been confirmed how much of the lyrics changed but it must have been enough to scrap it entirely. From the little we heard of the song from the video shoot it was phonetically pretty different from what we have now...That and it would look pretty weird if there was suddenly a video that wasn't 90 percent shots of Jon ya know?

If they were to release a video where every time Jon starts singing they cut away from him it would be so unintentionally hilarious it just might work!!!

GabrielC 04-25-2021 07:40 AM

I love that they are releasing a video for Luv Can. I don't care if it don't chart or get a big airplay, it's my favorite song from 2020 and I think it deserves the recognition. It's still one of the most played tracks from the album on Spotify, Deezer and Last.fm, they are doing the right thing there.

nikos greece 04-25-2021 12:00 PM

i also agree its a good move as long as the video is nice and intersting.
i love that jon started writing again, billy falcon always brings great ideas and songs along with j0n

liljovi93 04-25-2021 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikos greece (Post 1273314)
i also agree its a good move as long as the video is nice and intersting.

i love that jon started writing again, billy falcon always brings great ideas and songs along with j0n

The video is clips from recording of 2020 in Nashville.

Not expecting it to be anything great unfortunately.

Litneg 04-25-2021 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1273315)
The video is clips from recording of 2020 in Nashville.

Not expecting it to be anything great unfortunately.

From OANLT you mean or the sessions in may when they recorded DWYC, AR and Beautiful Drug again?

Do you have any idea when it's about to come out?0

liljovi93 04-25-2021 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Litneg (Post 1273316)
From OANLT you mean or the sessions in may when they recorded DWYC, AR and Beautiful Drug again?

Do you have any idea when it's about to come out?0

Neither by the sounds of it. The actual recording in that church in Nashville that they done that time.

Litneg 04-26-2021 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1273317)
Neither by the sounds of it. The actual recording in that church in Nashville that they done that time.

Interesting... Looking forward to see this!

Captain_jovi 04-26-2021 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1273317)

Where you getting this info from? Looking forward to the vid.

liljovi93 04-26-2021 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1273321)
Where you getting this info from? Looking forward to the vid.

Just a lad I speak to who gets some info.

Whether it's true or not is another story but it's happening/happened apparently.

nikos greece 04-26-2021 02:37 PM

i like the footage from the recordings, i find it sincere...hope it plays out well!!

Litneg 04-26-2021 03:06 PM

New concert just announced!

It will air in drive-in theaters and cinemas on May, 22!