Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

DevilsSon 04-23-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kleman (Post 1124036)
Ellen Show:

Question about Richie:

JBJ :well...all I can say honest to God is that it's a personal matter...but we love him very much...and he's absolutely still a member of the band...
ELLEN :- he's still your guitar player? -
JBJ: Absolutely! :D

Funny how Jon's language changes ...from 'I wrote the album, I sing the songs, I play this I do that' to WE love him very much...

Not sure what it all means but would love to finally have an answer to the whole story. I remember danfan pointing out how bad Richie looked during a couple of shows, and how he seemed to have 'raided his grandma's closet' or something like that...I am sure it's somewhere related. Richie didn't look into it at all for long time....even if he's playing was all right. Remember, even during the 12/12/12 gig we were saying how Richie's mind seemed to be elsewhere....finally time to uncover the mystery!

aljo 04-23-2013 01:30 PM

I am assuming Richie did not resurface yesterday to pick a winner in his cover contest. any word on that?

IML88 04-23-2013 01:43 PM

That response means nothing. The bloke is so well media trained its almost robotic.

RonJovi 04-23-2013 01:47 PM

Well we all said that we would just like a statement confirming it's personal issues if it's personal issues.

Jon's been pretty definitive with that. Fair play to him for sticking by Richie and taking the hits he has taken. He's shown a lot of loyalty and this is maybe why he seems to get it back. I take my hat off to him.

So we should leave it at that. Richie will be back when Richie is back. There isn't a problem with the band and we don't need to know anymore.

crashed 04-23-2013 02:48 PM

I have flights and a hotel booked. I'll still be going to Slane and to Hampden.

MellyMel 04-23-2013 03:22 PM

I just want to say that it's nice to come here and be able to debate the Richie issue. I'm a backstage member (please don't hate!) And over there it's the message board police. We keep getting scolded by some for discussing it. Apparently they think since it's a personal issue, we shouldn't discuss it. :\

Waage 04-23-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MellyMel (Post 1124053)
I just want to say that it's nice to come here and be able to debate the Richie issue. I'm a backstage member (please don't hate!) And over there it's the message board police. We keep getting scolded by some for discussing it. Apparently they think since it's a personal issue, we shouldn't discuss it. :\

WHAT? Have they deleted the discussion?:confused:

ezearis 04-23-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MellyMel (Post 1124053)

That's retarded. Every time I read about what happens in the backstage I have less and less interest on buying a subscription. People should be able to talk about whatever they want.

LeaJovi 04-23-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1124049)
Well we all said that we would just like a statement confirming it's personal issues if it's personal issues.

Jon's been pretty definitive with that. Fair play to him for sticking by Richie and taking the hits he has taken. He's shown a lot of loyalty and this is maybe why he seems to get it back. I take my hat off to him.

So we should leave it at that. Richie will be back when Richie is back. There isn't a problem with the band and we don't need to know anymore.

What a boring attitude.

It's obviously something money-related between Jon and Richie, speculating is way more fun.

RonJovi 04-23-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeaJovi (Post 1124056)
What a boring attitude.

It's obviously something money-related between Jon and Richie, speculating is way more fun.

You're 100% right. The speculation is fun. Let's start some more rumours. :-)