Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Beaky 04-24-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 1124239)
First off, the fact that Huey has never been made official is one of the biggest crocks of shit ever. Beyond that, saying "Alec will never be officially replaced." is quite different than "Richie is our guitar player." Not sure how anyone can say different TBH. Also, Alec isn't the official bass player, he was the official bass player. The band doesn't have an official bass player.

I am not scare-mongering, I've been really measured on this thread and this is the first time I've even thought it was anything other than Richie having a wobble. I thought that the solitude of life on the road was just getting too tempting for him. However, seeing Jon on Ellen is the first time I have really thought that maybe, just maybe, this is actually about him and Richie and 'personal issues' is right... between them.

Sorry, I just don't see it as that much of a stretch. You're just being ultra-defensive of your band. The fact that the band 'doesn't have any official bass player' is indeed, a crock of shit. Jon and Alec fell out, Jon fired him and then played the 'Alec will always be the only official bass player in Bon Jovi' card, to retain the whole 'brotherhood' stuff. The only reason we know they fell out and it didn't just play out as him leaving for 'personal reasons' is because Alec wouldn't play ball and spilled his guts to RAW or KERRANG or whoever. I'm sorry, this doesn't feel that different, it's just Richie hasn't done an exclusive.

From, 'Richie is still Bon Jovi's guitarst' to 'Richie will always be Bon Jovi's guitarist'. I really, truly hope it's not the case but I can even see him saying in a year, 'the door is always open to Richie.' This just doesn't smell like rehab or a sick relative to me. It's doing too much damage to both parties for it to be 'simple'. If you really think that's me stretching, or blowing things out of proportion, fair enough. I honestly hope you're right. I've got two IOW tickets that depend on it.

Crushgen24/88 04-24-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1124244)
I am not scare-mongering, I've been really measured on this thread and this is the first time I've even thought it was anything other than Richie having a wobble. I thought that the solitude of life on the road was just getting too tempting for him. However, seeing Jon on Ellen is the first time I have really thought that maybe, just maybe, this is actually about him and Richie and 'personal issues' is right... between them.

Sorry, I just don't see it as that much of a stretch. You're just being ultra-defensive of your band. The fact that the band 'doesn't have any official bass player' is indeed, a crock of shit. Jon and Alec fell out, Jon fired him and then played the 'Alec will always be the only official bass player in Bon Jovi' card, to retain the whole 'brotherhood' stuff. The only reason we know they fell out and it didn't just play out as him leaving for 'personal reasons' is because Alec wouldn't play ball and spilled his guts to RAW or KERRANG or whoever. I'm sorry, this doesn't feel that different, it's just Richie hasn't done an exclusive.

From, 'Richie is still Bon Jovi's guitarst' to 'Richie will always be Bon Jovi's guitarist'. I really, truly hope it's not the case but I can even see him saying in a year, 'the door is always open to Richie.' This just doesn't smell like rehab or a sick relative to me. It's doing too much damage to both parties for it to be 'simple'. If you really think that's me stretching, or blowing things out of proportion, fair enough. I honestly hope you're right. I've got two IOW tickets that depend on it.

I'm not trying to be defensive, at all. (Quite honestly, I'm not in any mood to defend Bon Jovi right now) Richie may well be out of the band, for whatever reason, including him and Jon wanting to kill each other. (Though if that's the case , Richie and his PR team are making him look terrible by disappearing off the face of the Earth) But that doesn't change the fact that once Alec was gone, he was gone. Outside of the two-off appearance in 2001, he hasn't had anything to do with the band since he left. And if Richie leaves I think it'll be the same deal. No door still open, or etc. And of course there's no "official" bass player because of money, that's what I think is a crock. We all know Hugh has been Bon Jovi's real bass player since the start (more or less ) anyway.

jovifan93 04-24-2013 11:43 AM

Don't know if that's been posted before, but obviously Ava and Heather are doing just fine:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...-premiere.html So whatever the personal reaons are, it's probably not related to them...

RonJovi 04-24-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1124257)
Don't know if that's been posted before, but obviously Ava and Heather are doing just fine:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...-premiere.html So whatever the personal reaons are, it's probably not related to them...

I'm amazed Ava hasn't been tweeting about her newly-discovered long lost half brother. :-)

There was a poster here about 8 years ago who wrote some 'The Bongiovis' scripts ala 'The Osbournes'. They were tremendous and he/she has a real talent. I think this thread is made for that poster (can't remember who it was) to get back into it.

Alphavictim 04-24-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1124212)
I don't remember seeing this theory talked about pretty much anywhere, but in Star magazine (trashy tabloid in the US), there was a recent blurb that said the rumor was that Jons oldest son bears a striking resemblance to Richie and this has caused the falling out. I thought you all may enjoy that one.

"You're just a guest in this house, I make the money!" is probably a favorite at the dinner table then.

keeleyweeley74 04-24-2013 01:03 PM

Well its taken me 2 days (Whilst at work.....shhhhh don't tell anyone!) to read this thread, and you've all had me thouroughly entertained. If Hollywood ever runs out of script writers they should delve into this forum, and employ the lot of you. You're all fab! :multi:

jovigirloz 04-24-2013 02:46 PM

Just putting it out there but recent photos of Denise Richards, she is looking really thin and not well at all. Even though they broke up a while ago, are they still friends?

Lindy 04-24-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovigirloz (Post 1124271)
Just putting it out there but recent photos of Denise Richards, she is looking really thin and not well at all. Even though they broke up a while ago, are they still friends?

I saw those pics and she's always been thin but never that thin..wow! I believe they still remind friends after the breakup.

Kathleen 04-24-2013 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1124258)
<snip>
There was a poster here about 8 years ago who wrote some 'The Bongiovis' scripts ala 'The Osbournes'. They were tremendous and he/she has a real talent. I think this thread is made for that poster (can't remember who it was) to get back into it.

I think her name here was Sambora Laura and she was incredible. I used to love reading her stuff. She also did a Who Killed Hugh thread. I wonder if any of it is still around? Yeah - here you go. This beats this thread all to hell IMO:

http://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=13466

Walkerboy 04-24-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1124286)
I think her name here was Sambora Laura and she was incredible. I used to love reading her stuff. She also did a Who Killed Hugh thread. I wonder if any of it is still around? Yeah - here you go. This beats this thread all to hell IMO:

http://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=13466

Richie: (through a mouthful of BLT) apparently so. You still writing crap? Jon: Nope (opens the fridge to get a carton of Milk) Can't even write that anymore.

BAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!:lol!: