Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   The Official November 27 Kyocera Dome, Osaka, Japan Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70456)

Captmorgs 11-29-2018 02:54 AM

Watched a few videos (Born To Be My Baby, In These Arms, Saturday Night) and didn’t think they were that bad. Certainly better than 2017. At least he’s not doing that whisper thing anymore. I think people forget how bad 2017 really was. And I couldn’t care less about him “moving around.” Totally agree with the complaints about the set lists. I don’t get that static set. But I’m more hopeful, not less hopeful after these two shows. Interested to see what Australia holds. I still believe Europe could be good fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rdkopper 11-29-2018 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 1248201)
In the US it was played a fair amount on what is known as the Adult Top 40 radio formats. I can't remember the chart position but I know it was top 15 for some weeks. I just don't have access to old chart info anymore. Certainly not a hit on what's left of top 40 radio terrestrial though.

I'm not disagreeing to disagree but I don't think any of this right.

BJFan99 11-29-2018 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavi (Post 1248211)
For me the worst thing it is not the voice,wich is obviously painfully,it is the lack of ambition,of attitude,of passion.
It is like a job you go and you are looking forward to the time to go home.
Without passion you are nothing.
And it is not just Jon,but the whole band.
They look like civil servants up on stage.
Jon said hed quite when he feels they are a nostalgia act
Jon,you are now a nostalgia act.
Very sad to say that

Bon Jovi have been a nostalgia act since 2007 at least, way before the decline.

jovifan93 11-29-2018 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1248221)
I'm not disagreeing to disagree but I don't think any of this right.

Yes it is, top 11 on Adult Contemporary Billboard at some point. Check Wikipedia, though unfortunately the link to the charts only goes to the current charts, where Bon Jovi have 0.

Xavi 11-29-2018 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1248227)

It is your opinion,not mine.

liljovi93 11-29-2018 09:22 AM

Quote:

I disagree.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

jovifan93 11-29-2018 09:33 AM

Quote:

I call BS on that. 2010/2011 saw an energetic band and frontman who were enjoying themselves and delivered great concerts. If you're talking about having new hits to add to the collection, you somewhat have a point, but still I disagree ;-)

BJFan99 11-29-2018 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1248231)
I call BS on that. 2010/2011 saw an energetic band and frontman who were enjoying themselves and delivered great concerts. If you're talking about having new hits to add to the collection, you somewhat have a point, but still I disagree ;-)

I meant that most casuals (definitely a majority of their crowds) probably went to their concerts for nostalgia reasons back then already.

steel_horse75 11-29-2018 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavi (Post 1248211)
For me the worst thing it is not the voice,wich is obviously painfully,it is the lack of ambition,of attitude,of passion.
It is like a job you go and you are looking forward to the time to go home.
Without passion you are nothing.
And it is not just Jon,but the whole band.
They look like civil servants up on stage.
Jon said hed quite when he feels they are a nostalgia act
Jon,you are now a nostalgia act.
Very sad to say that

Agree.

This will be the last tour I ever see them on. I wasnt gonna go wembley but then the loyalty took over and I bought (2 £130) tickets.
But they have no passion anymore. They have gone on way too long. The stage is full of impostors.
JBJ is on autopilot. Tico is still amazing.
Phil X - as good as he is isnt suited to Bon Jovi. I hate the sight of Shanks and the guy playing bongos.

JBJ shouldve brought the curtain down on this ageing act after the WAN tour. Every fan is going out of nostalgia - they sure aint getting a top performance - I keep saying - oh for wembley he will raise his game - but im beginning to doubt that. He either dont want to or just cant.
He voice is shot - he cant command a stage either as he just grips the mike - thats ok in a small venue but not in stadiums.

YOVANAfromPeru 11-29-2018 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1248199)
Out of curiosity (since he said the same thing in 2017): When and where was this a hit?

Bon Jovi Live at Osaka,Japan2018 Roller Coaster?Jon - YouTube

We talked a little bit about it here: https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/bon-j...ml#post1242066

and this is the chart: https://www.billboard.com/charts/adu...ary/2017-03-04