Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2 Very Special Bon Jovi Projects (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68524)

jovifan93 06-27-2014 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StickToYourGuns45 (Post 1179212)
Sure Are!

House Of Fire
(Desmond Child/Alice Cooper/Joan Jett)

That one's interesting. Confirms the theory that they just recorded it as a favor for Alice...

Iceman 06-27-2014 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1179218)
That one's interesting. Confirms the theory that they just recorded it as a favor for Alice...

No, it doesn't. It confirms that House Of Fire was recorded by Alice Cooper and once it's released, you can't change the writing credits without actually making changes to the song.

It's more likely that it was written by Joan Jett and Desmond Child and Alice just got his name on it because it was on his album, much like Jon does. Or he may have changed a lyric or two like he did with Feed My Frankenstein to get a credit there.

Ice

jovifan93 06-27-2014 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 1179219)
No, it doesn't. It confirms that House Of Fire was recorded by Alice Cooper and once it's released, you can't change the writing credits without actually making changes to the song.

It's more likely that it was written by Joan Jett and Desmond Child and Alice just got his name on it because it was on his album, much like Jon does. Or he may have changed a lyric or two like he did with Feed My Frankenstein to get a credit there.

Ice

Yeah, that's probably true, it screams Desmond all over it anyway. But I mean it was not (co)written by Jon or Richie, which I would've suspected with it being included in this release. This couldn't have been intended to be a Bon Jovi album song, because it is written only by "outside" writers, which is something that Jon once said he did only once on the first record and would never do that again...

Iceman 06-27-2014 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1179220)
Yeah, that's probably true, it screams Desmond all over it anyway. But I mean it was not (co)written by Jon or Richie, which I would've suspected with it being included in this release. This couldn't have been intended to be a Bon Jovi album song, because it is written only by "outside" writers, which is something that Jon once said he did only once on the first record and would never do that again...

Many "Bon Jovi" songs were written by outside writers, with Jon adding his name to them because they were published on a Bon Jovi album. Increasingly since 2000. Most "Bon Jovi / Falcon" songs are Billy Falcon songs with Jon just adding his name. I'm sure House Of Fire would've read "Jett/Child/Bon Jovi" if it would've been on New Jersey.

Ice

Ghostorm 06-27-2014 10:33 AM

I have mixed feelings regarding this album. I'm so looking forward to it as a whole and I'm so not looking forward to "Does Anybody..." as it was my favourite NJ demo and of course they had to ruin it :(. I think I'll certainly need that updated version from Rdkopper. I can't imagine that song without the backing vocals and "I know" part.

Lucas_Roli 06-27-2014 10:37 AM

Oh man,Backdoor to Heaven is perfect,i just need to the guitar a lil bit louder at the opening and the ending of the song.

jovifan93 06-27-2014 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghostorm (Post 1179223)
I have mixed feelings regarding this album. I'm so looking forward to it as a whole and I'm so not looking forward to "Does Anybody..." as it was my favourite NJ demo and of course they had to ruin it :(. I think I'll certainly need that updated version from Rdkopper. I can't imagine that song without the backing vocals and "I know" part.

It's not just the "I know"s, it's a completely different vocal take with other melodies, missing parts, no background vocals - and no guitar solo, not sure if the backing tracks aren't the same though. I guess it's just an earlier version, seems almost like Jon discovers the "I know" part while improvising near the end...

jovifan93 06-27-2014 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 1179221)
Many "Bon Jovi" songs were written by outside writers, with Jon adding his name to them because they were published on a Bon Jovi album. Increasingly since 2000. Most "Bon Jovi / Falcon" songs are Billy Falcon songs with Jon just adding his name. I'm sure House Of Fire would've read "Jett/Child/Bon Jovi" if it would've been on New Jersey.

Ice

A little exaggerated, but true for the most part ;-) Though it would probably read "Bon Jovi/Chld/Jett" then...

Ghostorm 06-27-2014 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1179225)
It's not just the "I know"s, it's a completely different vocal take with other melodies, missing parts, no background vocals - and no guitar solo, not sure if the backing tracks aren't the same though. I guess it's just an earlier version, seems almost like Jon discovers the "I know" part while improvising near the end...

No guitar solo you say. Now I'm really livid. I guess the better option would have been if they left the track out completely. Then probably I would be less angry then I am now.

belgium_BON_JOVI_fan 06-27-2014 11:30 AM

Mine.came.in the mail lyrics for some.of the demos are in the booklet

ktf,

Nick

rolo_tomachi 06-27-2014 11:38 AM

Does Anybody really Fall in Love Anymore is worse than I thought. There is no way to fix it, lack the choirs "I Know", the guitar solo is gone, and also lacks many words. Jon's voice performance sucks. Why??? :mad:

jovifan93 06-27-2014 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1179230)
Does Anybody really Fall in Love Anymore is worse than I thought. There is no way to fix it, lack the choirs "I Know", the guitar solo is gone, and also lacks many words. Jon's voice performance sucks. Why??? :mad:

I don't know. Probably because it's an earlier recording, probably because the version we know doesn't exist anymore (unlikely, but something could've happened to the tape), probably because it's been given to someone else (like with Rosie not being included), though that doesn't make too much sense, too.

So sad, otherwise this release is exceptionally good, and this is a total bummer which almost ruins it for me :-(

Matteo 06-27-2014 12:30 PM

Can somebody please PM me the link to get the album? Thaaaank you! :)

cowboy2002 06-27-2014 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matteo (Post 1179233)

me too please!

Ghostorm 06-27-2014 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1179230)

:mad: :mad: :mad:

belgium_BON_JOVI_fan 06-27-2014 01:22 PM

Loving house of fire :-D

Ktf,

Nick

jovifan93 06-27-2014 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by belgium_BON_JOVI_fan (Post 1179238)
Loving house of fire :-D

Ktf,

Nick

Yeah, absolutely great! There is much more light than shadow with this release, just Does Anybody Really... is definitely the new Starting All Over Again :-(

belgium_BON_JOVI_fan 06-27-2014 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1179239)
Yeah, absolutely great! There is much more light than shadow with this release, just Does Anybody Really... is definitely the new Starting All Over Again :-(

It jons guiding vocal def. And too much things missing the solo backing vocals and at the end jon gets lazy...

ktf,

Nick

JON 06-27-2014 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matteo (Post 1179233)

Me too, please!!!

Thank you

jovifan93 06-27-2014 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by belgium_BON_JOVI_fan (Post 1179240)
It jons guiding vocal def. And too much things missing the solo backing vocals and at the end jon gets lazy...

ktf,

Nick

I don't know. To me it kind of sounds like he only discovers at the end, when he is experimenting in lower key, that "I know" would probably fit the empty space in the chorus. Could be wrong about it though and would've much preferred the finished version...

Lucas_Roli 06-27-2014 02:12 PM

I'm not that pissed about Does Anybody Fall in Love Anymore,I'm to excited about House of Fire,Diamond Ring,Full Moon High and Backdoor To Heaven.
At least we have Kane Robert's version which is great,but I still would've loved to hear a full version from Jovi.

belgium_BON_JOVI_fan 06-27-2014 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucas_Roli (Post 1179245)
I'm not that pissed about Does Anybody Fall in Love Anymore,I'm to excited about House of Fire,Diamond Ring,Full Moon High and Backdoor To Heaven.
At least we have Kane Robert's version which is great,but I still would've loved to hear a full version from Jovi.

yeah i really love the rest of the set, allthough it's not easy getting the second disc out of the packaging... i really like the breakdown in house of fire

but that one really sticks out like a sore thumb....

Ktf,

Nick

Raz0r 06-27-2014 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperBrad (Post 1179104)
I dont think so ....... Will let you know in 15 hours !!! Countdown is on !

Does it?

I'm jelious you have it already, I'm dying to give it a listen. I looked for the download last night but couldn't find it, but I didn;t go to crazy looking for it eithern since I'll have it in a few days anyway.

rolo_tomachi 06-27-2014 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucas_Roli (Post 1179245)

It would be interesting to do a smashup this.

jovifan93 06-27-2014 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1179248)

What's a smashup?

jovifan93 06-27-2014 02:29 PM

The booklet is an interesting read. Diamond Ring, as well as Let's Make It Baby (!) were re-recorded in 1995 for These Days, the latter not being included. So *that's* when the other version came into existance :-)

rolo_tomachi 06-27-2014 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1179249)
What's a smashup?

this
Living la vida

Lucas_Roli 06-27-2014 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1179252)
The booklet is an interesting read. Diamond Ring, as well as Let's Make It Baby (!) were re-recorded in 1995 for These Days, the latter not being included. So *that's* when the other version came into existance :-)

So the high notes from Let's Make It Baby are from 95?

Raz0r 06-27-2014 02:34 PM

On the downloading debate, I do it but I try to do it ethically. I download to listen, and then buy it if I like it. I download instead of streaming, because it's easier to listen using my cell phone, which is how I listen to music 99.9%of the time these days.

There are a very few artists, like Bon Jovi, that I'll buy before the preview, just because I buy everything they put out anyway.

I'll download bootlegs w/o buying them though. I don't want to rip off an artist I like, and not just the artist, but everyone else that worked to record, and distribute an album, but I don't mind ripping off bootlegers that are ripping off the band. And the fans for that matter, I've paid up to $50 for bootlegs back in the day, never again.

jovifan93 06-27-2014 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucas_Roli (Post 1179254)

From reading the introduction in the booklet, I would think so. I'd have to listen to it again though, haven't done so in ages...

Other interesting facts: All demos are produced by Bruce Fairbairn, and mixed by Obie O'Brien, except for Diamond Ring, which was mixed by Bob Rock in 1988. And Alec is credited for playing the bass (with thank you's to Huey McDonald), though I figure that was probably copied 1:1 from the original New Jersey booklet, and they didn't mess with it now that we know the truth (if we do) ;-)

Iceman 06-27-2014 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1179248)

It's a mashup (or mash-up), not a "smashup".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mashup_%28music%29

And the album is on Spotify:Bon Jovi – New Jersey

Ice

Iceman 06-27-2014 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucas_Roli (Post 1179254)

No. They were re-recorded then, but the versions on the New Jersey re-release are the ones from 1988. The re-recorded Diamond Ring is on These Days.

Quote:

Other interesting facts: All demos are produced by Bruce Fairbairn, and mixed by Obie O'Brien, except for Diamond Ring, which was mixed by Bob Rock in 1988. And Alec is credited for playing the bass (with thank you's to Huey McDonald), though I figure that was probably copied 1:1 from the original New Jersey booklet, and they didn't mess with it now that we know the truth (if we do) :wink:
This confirms it. Fairbairn didn't produce anything for Jovi in 1995. I think Alec is credited because he was credited on the original as well.

Ice

Id Die 4 you 06-27-2014 03:08 PM

PM please :). I will be of course buying the official release! But it is always nice to get it earlier in this digital age...

Thanks

Ghostorm 06-27-2014 03:48 PM

I thought I will wait for the physical copy, but what the heck, if somebody could PM me the download link I'd be grateful :).

Iceman 06-27-2014 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghostorm (Post 1179262)
I thought I will wait for the physical copy, but what the heck, if somebody could PM me the download link I'd be grateful :).

Don't you guys have Spotify?

Ice

Ghostorm 06-27-2014 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 1179263)
Don't you guys have Spotify?

Ice

But you can only play tracks from original album on Spotify. No?

Iceman 06-27-2014 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghostorm (Post 1179264)
But you can only play tracks from original album on Spotify. No?

Yes, so? I just said the whole album is on Spotify and shared the link. Been listening to it for over an hour now.

Ice

ezearis 06-27-2014 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 1179266)
Yes, so? I just said the whole album is on Spotify and shared the link. Been listening to it for over an hour now.

Ice

In what country are you, Ice? In Spotify Argentina isn't available, and I just opened my Spotify UK account and isn't there either.

Pic related: http://i.imgur.com/aorSeu0.jpg

Iceman 06-27-2014 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1179268)
In what country are you, Ice? In Spotify Argentina isn't available, and I just opened my Spotify UK account and isn't there either.

Pic related: http://i.imgur.com/aorSeu0.jpg

Finland. We usually get the albums on Spotify at the publishing date or even before. I bet you'll get it soon as well.

Ice

ezearis 06-27-2014 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 1179271)
Finland. We usually get the albums on Spotify at the publishing date or even before. I bet you'll get it soon as well.

Ice

Yes, I doubt it's going to appear in Argentina this early as the release date here is next week.

Seems I'll have to wait, a working finland proxy it's not an easy thing to find.