Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

jessycardy 07-05-2013 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by efiste2 (Post 1144899)
https://www.keek.com/avasambora6/keeks/IG7Bcab

is it my paranoia or has she purposely done this on the night of the Bands big gig in Hyde Park, the one RICHIE claimed he would loved to have played, and shown Richie enjoying himself and relaxed when he should really be on stage for his thousands of fans.

Or is she just a young teenager made up to be on a hol with her dad :confused:

This is getting annoying. AT LEAST, check the LAST page of the thread you're posting in, people.

Anyway, NO, you're seeing things and getting paranoid. Really. Yeah, I got mad when, barely half an hour before Bon Jovi's last show of the last leg started, he posted he was having fun watching the video covers fans made for his contest, but things were different then and the whole thing screamed "wrong". Looking back at it, I can say MAYBE I over-reacted. Right now, he doesn't care/know of the whereabouts of the band, he's just enjoying his time off, end of story, no plots or conspiracies.

Mysterytrain 07-06-2013 12:20 AM

I honestly think that Ava's just making random Keeks when she feels like it; I highly doubt she and her dad are conspiring about the Bon Jovi fan base/timing of the Keeks, etc. She's just a teen who likes social media, and Richie happens to be in a few of the videos.

As for Hyde Park, it sounds like Richie had wanted to be there but, according to the Extra TV video from a few days ago, said it was "too soon". Whatever the reason or his being absent from the tour, he obviously feels like he needs to stay away for a longer period of time.

Lisa71 07-06-2013 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1144922)
Well, Tico would certainly KNOW if it was a feud since he's actually in the band, so tdon't think there's a hair to be split of him saying he "thinks" it's personal problems. If there was a problem between Jon and Richie, Tico and Dave would know about it.

Of course Tico knows about it. The whole band knows everything that is going on, the reason why Richie's is off the tour etc.

I am not saying that there is a feud with Jon BUT if there was, do you really think Tico will admit that? He will honestly say I wish Richie was back but him and Jon are fighting at the moment, so that's likely won't happen any time soon!?...... somehow I don't see Tico saying that.

JoviJovi 07-06-2013 12:40 AM

Isn't Richie saying its a family issue, or whatever line he used in his red carpet interview basically confirming some sort of feud? I thought we were passed that and grateful that Richie finally gave somewhat of an explanation.

jessycardy 07-06-2013 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1144942)
Isn't Richie saying its a family issue, or whatever line he used in his red carpet interview basically confirming some sort of feud? I thought we were passed that and grateful that Richie finally gave somewhat of an explanation.

Honestly, I don't understand how Richie's words made people feel like they knew anything more than they did before. I think what got to our heads is the fact that we finally heard something from the horse's mouth, but if you actually take a moment and really listen to what he said, apart from a vague "we're not happy" aka "we're not happening", we don't have much. Richie mentions Jon, and that may leads us to believe he does for a reason. But his words are not the kind you'd expect to hear, so really, I don't think Richie's interview is this big groundbreaking confirmation of a feud. I think he's just dancing around it like everyone else's been doing, no difference.

jovigirloz 07-06-2013 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa71 (Post 1144940)
Of course Tico knows about it. The whole band knows everything that is going on, the reason why Richie's is off the tour etc.

I am not saying that there is a feud with Jon BUT if there was, do you really think Tico will admit that? He will honestly say I wish Richie was back but him and Jon are fighting at the moment, so that's likely won't happen any time soon!?...... somehow I don't see Tico saying that.

Tico isn't going to say anything. He always seems to be the type to just keep his head down, do his job and that's it. Although if he did say anything, it's not like Jon could kick his arse ;)

JoviJovi 07-06-2013 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1144943)
Honestly, I don't understand how Richie's words made people feel like they knew anything more than they did before. I think what got to our heads is the fact that we finally heard something from the horse's mouth, but if you actually take a moment and really listen to what he said, apart from a vague "we're not happy" aka "we're not happening", we don't have much. Richie mentions Jon, and that may leads us to believe he does for a reason. But his words are not the kind you'd expect to hear, so really, I don't think Richie's interview is this big groundbreaking confirmation of a feud. I think he's just dancing around it like everyone else's been doing, no difference.

Sorry I disagree.

Sissy3 07-06-2013 12:55 AM

If I were 15 and on holiday with my dad, I've have to ask him to "please Dad, button your shirt, ok?!" Maybe I'm weird but open to the waist shirt with required jewelry does not appeal to me. Especially on 50 something year old men. :)

jessycardy 07-06-2013 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1144946)
Sorry I disagree.

Disagree... how? Care to explain? Can't be bothered? Richie's words are out there for everybody to listen, you don't have to take my word.

Since you can't be bothered, I'll make another effort with another fact you can't quite disagree with, you know, being a fact. In one of those interviews, Richie said: "I think I was a bit burnt, that's really what happened". His words, not mine.

Kiwi78 07-06-2013 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sissy3 (Post 1144949)
If I were 15 and on holiday with my dad, I've have to ask him to "please Dad, button your shirt, ok?!" Maybe I'm weird but open to the waist shirt with required jewelry does not appeal to me. Especially on 50 something year old men. :)

Hahaha! I thought the same thing and look on stage, go for gold but out and about - I dunno, comes off as a creepy Tom Jones look to me, LOL

Mysterytrain 07-06-2013 01:10 AM

Here's the newest Daily Mail article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...=feeds-newsxml

As for the clothes, I do tend to think that nowadays, Richie looks better than the average 50+-year-old man, but the unbuttoned-shirt-to-the-waist-and-bling look is not something I'd see where I live.

Ava also dresses rather provocatively at times for her age and she appears much older than 15.

I chalk it up to a Hollywood/rock star thing. They're just in a different orbit than the rest of us lol.

http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/z...psc83a3140.jpg

JoviJovi 07-06-2013 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1144950)
Disagree... how? Care to explain? Can't be bothered? Richie's words are out there for everybody to listen, you don't have to take my word.

Since you can't be bothered, I'll make another effort with another fact you can't quite disagree with, you know, being a fact. In one of those interviews, Richie said: "I think I was a bit burnt, that's really what happened". His words, not mine.

What about the issue Richie doesn't care to explain because its a "family" issue?

jessycardy 07-06-2013 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1144955)
What about the issue Richie doesn't care to explain because its a "family" issue?

It could be anything. And if you put 2 and 2 together, you conclude what other people already have. Being burnt could have led to missing rehearsals and shows, which could have led to issues with the band and its commitments, not necessarily feuds or fights.

I'm not saying this has to be the truth, obviously. I'm just saying it's too easy to assume there was a fight just because Richie said he doesn't want to go into details because the band is like family. We simply don't know, just like we didn't know before.

Sissy3 07-06-2013 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1144953)

Ava also dresses rather provocatively at times for her age and she appears much older than 15.

I chalk it up to a Hollywood/rock star thing. They're just in a different orbit than the rest of us lol.

Ever been to the Topix Jovi site? There been many a thread and arguments over Ava's choice of dress over the years, from her booty shorts to what she wore to the Vatican recently! :D Everything from "she dresses like a hoochie mama" to "leave her alone, all teens dress like this." I think Richie's just one of those dads who never tells her no.

Mysterytrain 07-06-2013 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1144956)
It could be anything. And if you put 2 and 2 together, you conclude what other people already have. Being burnt could have led to missing rehearsals and shows, which could have led to issues with the band and its commitments, not necessarily feuds or fights.

I'm not saying this has to be the truth, obviously. I'm just saying it's too easy to assume there was a fight just because Richie said he doesn't want to go into details because the band is like family. We simply don't know, just like we didn't know before.

Yes, I went back to listen to the RumorFix video, and Richie followed the "family issues" comment with "the band is like family."

I do like how he continues to say in interviews that "Jon and I have relied on each other for 30 years." To me, that is an exceptionally pragmatic answer, especially if there are bad feelings going on between them at the moment: It shows Richie sees his way past this impasse; that he isn't going to just throw it all away.

At least, that's my 'hopeful' reading of this at the moment. xD

Becky 07-06-2013 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1144943)

This. All the "feud" stuff is still the stuff of speculation. There's been no confirmation of anything other than "personal problems" and Richie himself saying he was burnt out. If there is a feud, Tico and Dave have obviously sided with Jon because they're on tour and doing their jobs and looking like they're having a great time from everything I've seen lately. There doesn't seem to be any strife between Jon, Tico, and Dave offstage or on.

Mysterytrain 07-06-2013 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sissy3 (Post 1144958)
Ever been to the Topix Jovi site? There been many a thread and arguments over Ava's choice of dress over the years, from her booty shorts to what she wore to the Vatican recently! :D Everything from "she dresses like a hoochie mama" to "leave her alone, all teens dress like this." I think Richie's just one of those dads who never tells her no.

Yes, I have made my way (cowering in fear) to Topix lol. You'd think the women over there had never been teenagers before for all the protesting they do re: Ava's wardrobe choices.

That said, I do agree with you that Richie is probably one of those dads who never tells her 'no.' Well, I amend that: I watched the interview he did on the "Kelly and Michael" show last fall where he talked a bit about Ava and said:

"She comes out of the bedroom sometimes all dolled up and I go, 'Girl, you're /hot/ man, you gotta stop that!'" (3:55):

I almost get the feeling that Richie and Ava have more of a 'parent-as-friend' vibe....I could be wrong, but it's the feeling I get.

jessycardy 07-06-2013 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1144953)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...=feeds-newsxml

The two pictures of Richie and Ava in Rome show the watermark "richiesambora.com". I'm thinking this article was something Richie requested or at least approved.

Sissy3 07-06-2013 01:46 AM

Oh, that's the outfit she wore to the Vatican that got the Topix people stirred up. :D

Becky 07-06-2013 02:07 AM

Ava is like a little clone of Heather.

Lisa71 07-06-2013 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sissy3 (Post 1144949)

That is what caught my eye too!! He looks so sleazy like that having dinner with his daughter and her friends. If I went over to my friends and her Dad walked around like that?

Javier 07-06-2013 05:20 AM

Every time I check on this thread and see a bunch of posts overly analyzing and criticizing a 15 year old girls social network posts I really can't help but feel disturbed. I know it's not being done with ill intentions and it's just general curiosity but, it's just weird. On the plus side, I think I've found Bobby's Halloween costume:

http://i1033.photobucket.com/albums/...ps34951ff5.png

Crushgen24/88 07-06-2013 05:47 AM

Almost 800 pages later, and the the analyzation of Ava's social media posts still creeps me out.

The Rock 07-06-2013 09:50 AM

It's a screwed up situation when the lead guitarist of a band says he can't go on tour because of personal reasons but now is travelling around Europe with his daughter and said band is now currently in Europe on a tour?

Richie looks really thrilled at this dinner. I can only imagine the fun his having chaperoning Ava and her friends.

Ricky Skywalker 07-06-2013 12:11 PM

I'm still waiting for the photo with Pope Francis - Ava's iPhone battery must have discharged when they had a meeting with Holy Father. Even polish media was telling about it - just a while after Ava published her first Vatican photo, there was a news titled "First such an event in Vatican's history" ;)

http://s23.postimg.org/8q2lnmosb/watykan.jpg

jessycardy 07-06-2013 02:28 PM

The latest in the series of interviews and statements Richie gave on June 28th. This one's not about Bon Jovi, but it's a slow news day, so why not post it here. He talks about his relationship with Heather and with his daughter, how he can be a dad 100% of the time now that he's not with the band.

http://youtu.be/1UmF4ezGt5Q

jessycardy 07-06-2013 03:02 PM

And the music comes in. Although I'm not sure I'm getting exactly what they're talking about.

PINKY 07-06-2013 03:05 PM

Here's my two pence for what it's worth.

Let's face it, Richie is NOT coming back.

Jon said last night during his speech "thank you for your patience with us" with reference to Richie.

IMO Richie has left for good and before any BAND members announce it, they are working on the legal side of things.

Richie was asked direct questions the other day during his clothing (ha ha) launch to which he was clever at not answering or going around the houses with. He didn't really give any direct answers. Again because I believe there is too much legal stuff to sort out.

I didn't miss him at Hyde Park yesterday, Phil X did a great job.

MrNickel 07-06-2013 03:21 PM

My reaction to everything Richie says these days.

efiste2 07-06-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

It's a screwed up situation when the lead guitarist of a band says he can't go on tour because of personal reasons but now is travelling around Europe with his daughter and said band is now currently in Europe on a tour?
Ill second that one, Im sorry but Richie has let his fans down big time (apart Facebook fan page who hate anything negative or truthfull said about him). and by touring Europe with his daughter at he SAME time as his band is playing what on the whole have been great gigs, less than a short hop on a "reliable" jet away is, in my opinion is pi## take.

Dont get me wrong I still love Richie and want him back where he belongs but this is a farce now, and I think now he, or THEY (Jon & Richie ) have let down US and European fans this tour, they need to get this situation sorted.....

By the way I do feel let down by the fact Richie wasnt there, But I do think some of these European dates have been brilliant, I was at the ETHIAD where the band "kicked my ass", its just that with Richie there it would have been a little harder kick!!!!

rolo_tomachi 07-06-2013 04:03 PM

Bon Jovi don't need Phil . Bon Jovi just need to Sambora. Jon has to find a solution to bring it back. With Phil, everything feels weaker and less exciting, even Richie Sambora playing drunk seems a more interesting show.

jovifan93 07-06-2013 05:02 PM

@efiste2: Exactly. In this interview (), which has surely been posted here already, though he hints at something being the cause for him having his 3 months off (first time in 30 years, WTF? What about the time between album/tour cycles?), he comes across as a total f*cking idiot, not caring for anything besides his daughter (which I can understand) and his totally ridiculous fashion thingy.

For the moment, I'm done with Richie. I had a blast in Berlin (though I would've loved to have had the car stage and it wasn't really loud). I just hope there will be another album/tour, even IF richie should be gone for good - that whole "Thanks for your friendship, patience, etc. for 30 years" speech Jon gave sent shivers down my spine, sounded like a farewall speech (though he said they hope to/will be back at Hyde Park and other concerts)...

Sissy3 07-06-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricky Skywalker (Post 1145093)
I'm still waiting for the photo with Pope Francis - Ava's iPhone battery must have discharged when they had a meeting with Holy Father. Even polish media was telling about it - just a while after Ava published her first Vatican photo, there was a news titled "First such an event in Vatican's history" ;)

http://s23.postimg.org/8q2lnmosb/watykan.jpg

Was this before or after Richie and the Pope discussed fashion trends? :D

jessycardy 07-06-2013 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1145118)
And the music comes in. Although I'm not sure I'm getting exactly what they're talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfzDVrP8h2Q

I hate quoting myself, but I need to know: did any of you understand what they're getting at? Is it Richie's music we're talking about? Could it be? Thoughts?

JackieBlue 07-06-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1145150)
I hate quoting myself, but I need to know: did any of you understand what they're getting at? Is it Richie's music we're talking about? Could it be? Thoughts?

First time I've seen this, so I'm hazarding a guess. When they first started White Trash Beautiful I seem to remember they were going to "imbed" music in the clothing tags or have CDs that came with them or something along those lines. This interview sounds like when you purchase a clothing item you would get an authorization code you can enter on their website to download music (similar to the imbedded code that Bon Jovi had with the limited edition re-releases of their studio albums, which kicked in automatically when you played the CD on your computer and let you into the "hidden vault") ... maybe??

I would imagine the music, at least at first, would be Nikki's and/or Richie's; but, if I understood him correctly, they are hoping to bring other artists onboard with the idea.

Just my take after a quick view...

jessycardy 07-06-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1145160)
First time I've seen this, so I'm hazarding a guess. When they first started White Trash Beautiful I seem to remember they were going to "imbed" music in the clothing tags or have CDs that came with them or something along those lines. This interview sounds like when you purchase a clothing item you would get an authorization code you can enter on their website to download music (similar to the imbedded code that Bon Jovi had with the limited edition re-releases of their studio albums, which kicked in automatically when you played the CD on your computer and let you into the "hidden vault") ... maybe??

I would imagine the music, at least at first, would be Nikki's and/or Richie's; but, if I understood him correctly, they are hoping to bring other artists onboard with the idea.

Just my take after a quick view...

It's the first time you see this because it's just got out! :p Anyway, I got the same impressions as well. That it sounded like they'd like to involve other artists, but they're not crystal clear about it so who knows. We'll see what happens with that. It might be the music he said he's working on.

The Rock 07-06-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1145160)
First time I've seen this, so I'm hazarding a guess. When they first started White Trash Beautiful I seem to remember they were going to "imbed" music in the clothing tags or have CDs that came with them or something along those lines.

I would imagine the music, at least at first, would be Nikki's and/or Richie's; but, if I understood him correctly, they are hoping to bring other artists onboard with the idea. .

When they first started the fashion line, Nikki and Richie also worked on some music together, so I think that is what they are talking about.

There were three songs that were recorded with Nikki singing and Richie playing guitar/backup and they performed at their first fashion show. I remember seeing on youtube for about a day!! the reaction was so bad that they were taken down. A mix of dance/hip-hop?? Never to be heard of again.

ezearis 07-06-2013 10:40 PM

Seems that an Argentinian journalist said that Richie Sambora will join the band in Buenos Aires. The smoke detector is activated, lol.

jessycardy 07-06-2013 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rock (Post 1145177)
When they first started the fashion line, Nikki and Richie also worked on some music together, so I think that is what they are talking about.

There were three songs that were recorded with Nikki singing and Richie playing guitar/backup and they performed at their first fashion show. I remember seeing on youtube for about a day!! the reaction was so bad that they were taken down. A mix of dance/hip-hop?? Never to be heard of again.

Wow, I didn't know that. I'm very curious and would love to hear what they came up with to cause such an outrage.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1145185)
Seems that an Argentinian journalist said that Richie Sambora will join the band in Buenos Aires. The smoke detector is activated, lol.

Could it be maybe they're just basing that on Richie's latest statements?

ezearis 07-06-2013 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1145192)
Could it be maybe they're just basing that on Richie's latest statements?

I'm pretty sure that's what they're doing.