Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Supersonic 07-07-2013 12:59 AM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jule225 (Post 1145208)

Yeah thanks. Video's like that really show how much is left of the Richie Sambora fans grew to love in the nineties. This is not the stuff that created the outrage though, there was some dancesong which leaked which was absolutely horrible.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

jessycardy 07-07-2013 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jule225 (Post 1145208)

Is it wrong if I happen to love this stuff? After all, it's not like he's made an album out of this, is it? I think the beautiful thing of side projects, especially when they're not big blockbusters but rather small, is that you can do whatever the hell you want, spice up things a little bit. I find these two songs great, from what I can hear. As for that other song, I'm guessing Richie's input's only in the guitar parts (or maybe he also wrote/arranged/produced, don't know, but still).

Sissy3 07-07-2013 01:48 AM

So she sings,too? How convenient she just happened to get a famous, wealthy musician to back her fashion line. :rolleyes: **meow**

Becky 07-07-2013 01:54 AM

I remember Richie saying somewhere that the song White Trash Beautiful was one that he and Jon wrote but didn't use for the band. I'm sure that arrangement is vastly different than it would have been had the band used it! :lol:

The Rock 07-07-2013 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1145214)
Is it wrong if I happen to love this stuff? After all, it's not like he's made an album out of this, is it? I think the beautiful thing of side projects, especially when they're not big blockbusters but rather small, is that you can do whatever the hell you want, spice up things a little bit. I find these two songs great, from what I can hear. As for that other song, I'm guessing Richie's input's only in the guitar parts (or maybe he also wrote/arranged/produced, don't know, but still).

There is nothing wrong at all in liking that type of music, go for it but at least let it be good music. No one cared that he had a side project and was performing music but come on, at least let it be good. That was rubbish.

schlochty 07-07-2013 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1145217)
I remember Richie saying somewhere that the song White Trash Beautiful was one that he and Jon wrote but didn't use for the band. I'm sure that arrangement is vastly different than it would have been had the band used it! :lol:

Yeah, it would have included a "live my life" line, all instruments would have been blurred save for the moment where Richie or Bobby performs a short, yet uninspired guitar solo and the chorus would have resembled IML.

Seriously, with the massively uninspired band output in recent years, I can totally see why Richie focuses on other creative outlets. This alone, of course, would in no way justify baling out from the tour.

jessycardy 07-07-2013 02:37 AM

Quote:

I'm trying to picture this as a Bon Jovi song. It would be a big catchy rocker a la "Unbreakable"... But Jon said that and also "Dirty Little Secret" ended up being bonus tracks because they were too poppy. Maybe this one got out of the picture for the very same reason or they just didn't find it good enough.

Sissy3 07-07-2013 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1145221)
I'm trying to picture this as a Bon Jovi song. It would be a big catchy rocker a la "Unbreakable"... But Jon said that and also "Dirty Little Secret" ended up being bonus tracks because they were too poppy. Maybe this one got out of the picture for the very same reason or they just didn't find it good enough.

Interesting you mentioned DLS. For some reason it had popped in my head that a song title like White Trash Beautiful sounded like something Jon would like at the time of recording and then never sing it again. Like DLS, which I really like but never thought of as poppy. Another example of how people see/hear things differently. :)

LeaJovi 07-07-2013 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1145221)

Care to source all this? I'd like to read/listen to that interview.

Captain_jovi 07-07-2013 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeaJovi (Post 1145230)

What I remember him saying was that they didn't make the album because "they sounded too crafted" and something about how it's unfair for him to be crafting songs this far into his career.

Javier 07-07-2013 07:17 AM

Quote:

I sort of remember that but I remember him saying it was the title that he recycled, not the actual song itself. Still could be anything as we never actually got to hear the Bon Jovi song that could have been....

Mysterytrain 07-07-2013 07:52 AM

Oh, gawd!! The 'Do you like my ass in these pants?' song!!!!

*Runs for cover*

I do like Richie's harmonies in the first song, "How to Love", but it's pretty weird to hear his guitar on the track in the background when he's standing right there onstage. He should have just had it with him so he could break out into the solo. :cool:

united17 07-07-2013 09:03 AM

Found out that "Lund" in the Indian language of Hindi means "Penis."

From urbandictionary.com

1. lund

Just the local Hindi word for a penis.Can also be used to denote a totally despised person
"George Bush is a lund"

Javier 07-07-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by united17 (Post 1145235)
Found out that "Lund" in the Indian language of Hindi means "Penis."

From urbandictionary.com

1. lund

Just the local Hindi word for a penis.Can also be used to denote a totally despised person
"George Bush is a lund"

Nikki Penis?? :lol: :lol:

Penis :lol:
You think the hindu's gave her that surname because of her mastery of work with the lund (Penis :lol: ) ?? Or or maybe she changed it herself therefore creating a subliminal albeit rather obvious message within her name?? hhhmmm, Richie is being mindcontrolled by Nikki's Penal surname with subliminal penal messages....

Penis :lol:

united17 07-07-2013 09:46 AM

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

efiste2 07-07-2013 12:33 PM

:( Does anyone else feel very embarrassed for Richie, this is a one of the worlds best guitarists in THE biggest band on the planet, singing a duet with the designer to promote some over hyped over expensive t shirts ........
Im now certain that she must be allowing the king of swing to play a few chords on her lower G string, luring him into doing stunts like this one....

NicoRourke 07-07-2013 02:52 PM

All of this makes me really sad :)

TheseDaysEra 07-07-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by efiste2 (Post 1145257)

WHAT

THE

FUCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK ???????????????????

nickolai 07-07-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheseDaysEra (Post 1145271)
WHAT

THE

FUCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK ???????????????????

****k me, he's binned off the Bon Jovi world tour to do this....what a cretin

alonso14 07-07-2013 03:54 PM

What the hell is that?

Ruggy 07-07-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai (Post 1145273)

It was in 2011.

nickolai 07-07-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruggy (Post 1145282)
It was in 2011.

Still no excuse for that behaviour

Tictoc 07-07-2013 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai (Post 1145273)

Are you this stupid all the time?

sambos apprentice 07-07-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruggy (Post 1145282)
It was in 2011.

hahahah it s from another dimension!

RICHIE what the **** are you thinking...oh that's right...you're not...you're groin is doing the thinking! :D

Love the guy!

nickolai 07-07-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tictoc (Post 1145289)
Are you this stupid all the time?

Says you with a location on your profile quoting the worst Bon Jovi song ever. ****tard.

Tictoc 07-07-2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai (Post 1145291)
Says you with a location on your profile quoting the worst Bon Jovi song ever. ****tard.

That answered my question. Dumb as a bag of dicks.

nickolai 07-07-2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tictoc (Post 1145294)
That answered my question. Dumb as a bag of dicks.

Well go shove the bag up your ass then - if thats your flavour.

Tictoc 07-07-2013 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai (Post 1145295)
Well go shove the bag up your ass then - if thats your flavour.

You're from England yet type 'ass'. Says it all.

Captain_jovi 07-07-2013 05:48 PM

Can you guys cool it on the name calling?

nickolai 07-07-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tictoc (Post 1145298)
You're from England yet type 'ass'. Says it all.

An ass is a donkey....nuff said.

nickolai 07-07-2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1145299)
Can you guys cool it on the name calling?

Sorry. But she started it.

Tictoc 07-07-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai (Post 1145302)
An ass is a donkey....nuff said.

English people don't use the word ass ever. You Americanised person.

linnea.cfc32_jovibandana 07-07-2013 06:05 PM

This thread has reached a new low. Lol.

jessycardy 07-07-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sissy3 (Post 1145225)
Interesting you mentioned DLS. For some reason it had popped in my head that a song title like White Trash Beautiful sounded like something Jon would like at the time of recording and then never sing it again. Like DLS, which I really like but never thought of as poppy. Another example of how people see/hear things differently. :)

I don't see "Dirty Little Secret" as poppy either. I can understand how "Unbreakable" could be seen that way, but I think "Dirty Little Secret" is on another level. But I'm pretty sure that's what Jon said... I guess to him it was poppy, go figure! :) I love both songs and I find "Dirty Little Secret" out of this world, sooo unworthy of the bonus track status!

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeaJovi (Post 1145230)

Sure, I'll get on Google right away and see if I can find it again. I'll let you know if I succeed or not. :)

Captain_jovi 07-07-2013 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1145321)
I don't see "Dirty Little Secret" as poppy either. I can understand how "Unbreakable" could be seen that way, but I think "Dirty Little Secret" is on another level. But I'm pretty sure that's what Jon said... I guess to him it was poppy, go figure! :) I love both songs and I find "Dirty Little Secret" out of this world, sooo unworthy of the bonus track status!

Sure, I'll get on Google right away and see if I can find it again. I'll let you know if I succeed or not. :)

Looking back, I thought it was DLS and Unbreakable instead of Nothing that he said this about. Has the band ever commented on Nothing?

NicoRourke 07-07-2013 09:05 PM

Not that I remember, but I so want a proper release of that song.
You listening, Obie?

united17 07-07-2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tictoc (Post 1145309)
English people don't use the word ass ever. You Americanised person.

I'm guessing that you believe Singaporeans don't use the word "ass" ever because we were colonised by the British. :rolleyes:

F**k off already, you ass.

rolo_tomachi 07-07-2013 09:25 PM

Nothing is a great song. I hope this song is included in the new box set.

Tictoc 07-07-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by united17 (Post 1145344)
I'm guessing that you believe Singaporeans don't use the word "ass" ever because we were colonised by the British. :rolleyes:

F**k off already, you ass.

Why are you getting involved? If you have an issue with me please send a PM and I'll be sure to put you straight instead of derailing this thread any further.

ezearis 07-07-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tictoc (Post 1145347)
Why are you getting involved? If you have an issue with me please send a PM and I'll be sure to put you straight instead of derailing this thread any further.

Because this is a forum and people can reply all they want? ;)