Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

rolo_tomachi 07-07-2013 10:11 PM

Richie and his tongue.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpvM1qZhkIo#t=01m59s

I do not think it's drugs, it's just a tic that sometimes comes out.

Javier 07-07-2013 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1145356)
Richie and his tongue.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpvM1qZhkIo#t=01m59s

I do not think it's drugs, it's just a tic that sometimes comes out.

Maybe his tongue is semi numb from doing things with Nikki Lund backstage. Oh Richie you DOG you!!! :p

samboraisgodUK 07-08-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rock (Post 1145177)
There were three songs that were recorded with Nikki singing and Richie playing guitar/backup and they performed at their first fashion show.

There's at least ten Nikki/Richie songs in total.

BJ?YesPlease 07-08-2013 12:30 PM

Chuffing hell, I stay away from this thread for one weekend and I come back to find people moaning about a teenager's dress sense, whingeing that a 50-yr-old bloke doesn't share their idea of fashion, and now bitch-slapping each other with pathetic name-calling and pedantry over the use of the word ass.

Sweet Lord.

I think it's about time we came up with another ridiculous theory...

bonjovi821 07-08-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJ?YesPlease (Post 1145411)
I think it's about time we came up with another ridiculous theory...

Okay.

Phil and Bobby got together at the start of this tour and drove Jon and Richie apart, so Phil could play to tens of thousands every night. In return for his efforts, Bobby was given keys to the Moon Pie company's warehouse, which Phil obtained by using super secret spy skills that have been previously unmentioned until now.

Ruggy 07-08-2013 01:11 PM

I guess that's the current leg finished then. We should be getting some sort of announcement shortly about the next leg surely? Probably just another one-liner though, personal reasons, yadda yadda.

jessycardy 07-08-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruggy (Post 1145413)
I guess that's the current leg finished then. We should be getting some sort of announcement shortly about the next leg surely? Probably just another one-liner though, personal reasons, yadda yadda.

Yup, I don't really expect them to change the formula now. Everybody knows Richie won't be there anyway, so it won't be this great shocker anymore.

rolo_tomachi 07-08-2013 02:01 PM

Nikki Lund twitter 18h

#Love this @TheRealSambora vid~These Days - Circus Krone - München munich Nikki Lund Nikki Lund ‏@1NikkiLund 19h

Check this out... @TheRealSambora Taking a Chance on the Wind - Cirkus Krone - München munich - Nikki Lund Nikki Lund ‏@1NikkiLund 19h

Watch @TheRealSambora In Amsterdam ~Sugar Daddy Nikki Lund ‏@1NikkiLund 18h

WTF?!?!

steel_horse75 07-08-2013 02:22 PM

She is in no way using Richie for her own publicity.....much

BJ?YesPlease 07-08-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1145417)
Nikki Lund twitter 18h

#Love this @TheRealSambora vid~These Days - Circus Krone - München munich http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh3vLhBTgqw&sns=tw
Nikki Lund Nikki Lund ‏@1NikkiLund 19h

Check this out... @TheRealSambora Taking a Chance on the Wind - Cirkus Krone - München munich - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFT0BSfmRP4&sns=tw
Nikki Lund Nikki Lund ‏@1NikkiLund 19h

Watch @TheRealSambora In Amsterdam ~Sugar Daddy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSgEjqZ-ois&sns=tw
Nikki Lund ‏@1NikkiLund 18h

WTF?!?!

Are we REALLY bashing someone for helping to promote a member of Bon Jovi's work?!

WTF!?!?

How is she gaining from this?

Sissy3 07-08-2013 02:34 PM

But what's the point of tweeting old videos for no reason? Maybe she's trying to remind people he's a musician first. :rolleyes:

Mysterytrain 07-08-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sissy3 (Post 1145423)
But what's the point of tweeting old videos for no reason? Maybe she's trying to remind people he's a musician first. :rolleyes:

Yes; specifically, that he's a /solo/ musician first.

Does anyone remember that picture she posted over a year ago where she's in the studio watching Richie work on his music, and she made some comment about how great 'Aftermath' sounded?

rolo_tomachi 07-08-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1145420)
She is in no way using Richie for her own publicity.....much

She this in the middle, should not post anything when things are not well in Joviland.

JoviJovi 07-08-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJ?YesPlease (Post 1145421)
Are we REALLY bashing someone for helping to promote a member of Bon Jovi's work?!

WTF!?!?

How is she gaining from this?

Really? Anyone that searches @therealsambora now gets her tweets. They then go visit her page and ultimately follow her. Do you not understand how Twitter works?

Yoko, oops I mean Nikki, should get her own followers based on her clothing designs, not Richies music.

steel_horse75 07-08-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sissy3 (Post 1145423)

Maybe she is trying to remind him he is a musician first!

Bounce7800 07-08-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1145428)
Maybe she is trying to remind him he is a musician first!

She could do that by telling him to his face!

BJ?YesPlease 07-08-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1145427)
Really? Anyone that searches @therealsambora now gets her tweets. They then go visit her page and ultimately follow her. Do you not understand how Twitter works?

Yoko, oops I mean Nikki, should get her own followers based on her clothing designs, not Richies music.

I understand exactly how twitter works, given it's part of my job.

The point is - if someone bothers to search Richie's handle, then bothers to randomly click on, checks out her page and finds reason enough to follow her, then good for her.

At the end of the day she is promoting Richie's music. If you think there's a rule that "only Bon Jovi music should be promoted" regardless of tour status, then you need to get out more.

Some people on her have a really nasty streak. What happened to wishing everyone the best in whatever they choose to do?

Instead, it's BAN EVERYTHING TO DO WITH SOLO SAMBORA WHILE HE'S NOT ON THE TOUR.

Jeez.

samboraisgodUK 07-08-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1145425)
Yes; specifically, that he's a /solo/ musician first.

Does anyone remember that picture she posted over a year ago where she's in the studio watching Richie work on his music, and she made some comment about how great 'Aftermath' sounded?

Maybe because she was in the studio watching him work on Aftermath? It'd be a bit f*cking stupid of her to have the privilege of watching Richie in the studio recording his new, long awaited, solo album and tweet a picture of it with a caption saying how much she loved Livin' On A Prayer.

JoviJovi 07-08-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJ?YesPlease (Post 1145430)
I understand exactly how twitter works, given it's part of my job.

The point is - if someone bothers to search Richie's handle, then bothers to randomly click on, checks out her page and finds reason enough to follow her, then good for her.

At the end of the day she is promoting Richie's music. If you think there's a rule that "only Bon Jovi music should be promoted" regardless of tour status, then you need to get out more.

Some people on her have a really nasty streak. What happened to wishing everyone the best in whatever they choose to do?

Instead, it's BAN EVERYTHING TO DO WITH SOLO SAMBORA WHILE HE'S NOT ON THE TOUR.

Jeez.

I said I think she should stick to clothes. But for the record, no,I don't think Richies solo projects should be.promoted since he is supposed to be on tour with his band but bailed. Where are his consequences? I have non refundable tickets, those are my consequences.

BJ?YesPlease 07-08-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1145435)
I said I think she should stick to clothes. But for the record, no,I don't think Richies solo projects should be.promoted since he is supposed to be on tour with his band but bailed. Where are his consequences? I have non refundable tickets, those are my consequences.

Oh grow up.

Consequences?

Bloody hell - someone has linked to a Richie video. It's not Richie himself, no matter what his relationship is to Nikki.

We've said it a million times before, but there are still a few ignorant people that don't understand it, so I'll say it again - we don't yet know why Richie isn't on the tour. As much as you think it's all his fault, you don't know. So how bout you cut him some slack and stop expecting him to either just jump back into a situation he/someone else isn't comfortable with (clearly someone doesn't want him there! So stop forcing something you know nothing about) or sit at home crying about it.
He's a grown man - unlike many of the people here (sorry ladies), and it seems a horrid playground mentality is all too evident here. Plenty of people telling him/Jon to grow up, and not listening to their own advice.

Living_on_my_Hair 07-08-2013 03:31 PM

Well Tico seems to be able to still promote his clothing brand successfully whilst on tour as demonstrated by last week in London, and he uses a little bit of the band/his fame to do so.
It's all about the way that it is done however.
I think however it seems to be the final nail in the coffin for some Richie fans on here, hence the Yoko Ono Conspiracy and..well..this thread.

JoviJovi 07-08-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Living_on_my_Hair (Post 1145438)
Well Tico seems to be able to still promote his clothing brand successfully whilst on tour as demonstrated by last week in London, and he uses a little bit of the band/his fame to do so.
I think however it seems to be the final nail in the coffin for some Richie fans on here, hence the Yoko Ono Conspiracy and..well..this thread.

Yes, this exactly. If Richie were on tour and fulfilled his commitments, then by all means promote away.

And, to the other person I was speaking, Richie is the one who needs to grow up.

semigoodlookin 07-08-2013 03:42 PM

We don't know the reasons he left is not holding up anymore, well it never was in fact or this thread would be one page long, so while growing up needs to be done here, it is not from those angry at not getting refunds.

What we do know is that he did "bail" for whatever the reason may be. There are people here taking the high ground with we shouldn't judge until we know. The truth is that people ARE judging on what they know, and that is very little. From the information that has come our way, those who are unhappy with him have every right to be.

BJ?YesPlease 07-08-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1145440)
Richie is the one who needs to grow up.

How can you say that when you don't even know why he isn't on the tour?!

JoviJovi 07-08-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJ?YesPlease (Post 1145442)
How can you say that when you don't even know why he isn't on the tour?!

Like semigoodlookin said, I am going by what I do know and common sense. Just because everyone involved chooses to not give fans any information doesn't mean people won't form opinions. As crazy as it is to you that me and people that feel the way I do about the situation, it is just as crazy to me that you are still towing the "we don't know why he isnt there" line. I know enough to know that he could be there if he wanted to and if he really felt for the fans the way he claims to, he would be there.

BJ?YesPlease 07-08-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1145445)
Like semigoodlookin said, I am going by what I do know and common sense. Just because everyone involved chooses to not give fans any information doesn't mean people won't form opinions. As crazy as it is to you that me and people that feel the way I do about the situation, it is just as crazy to me that you are still towing the "we don't know why he isnt there" line. I know enough to know that he could be there if he wanted to and if he really felt for the fans the way he claims to, he would be there.

So naive to say that you KNOW he could be there if he wanted to.

a) You don't know that he could just walk back, or that it was solely his choice not to be there in the first place. You don't.
and
b) Why should he be forced into something that doesn't make him happy, if that's even anything to do with this?

It's fine to form opinions - crikey, I'm annoyed enough myself. Raging, in fact. But I simply can't turn on any party in an organisation I've loved for so long without knowing more. That infuriates the hell outta me. But I'm not going to judge someone based on nothing.

You "know enough" - please enlighten me as to the FACTS behind you forming your opinion as to why it's all Richie's fault please?

Thanks

Captain_jovi 07-08-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Living_on_my_Hair (Post 1145438)

I don't agree. The band isn't marketing baby clothes, they're promoting a new album and tour. For Richie to be promoting his album and youtube contests and tv shows he's on and the band promoting What About Now, it's just weird. I'm not saying every single one of Richie's tweets should be about WAN but if you compare the amount versus the other it'd be lopsided.

Stranger11 07-08-2013 04:23 PM

Was there any reaction from Matt to that Richie interview? Since Matt always denied that this is a band problem and Richie told a different story...

BJ?YesPlease 07-08-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1145450)
I don't agree. The band isn't marketing baby clothes, they're promoting a new album and tour. For Richie to be promoting his album and youtube contests and tv shows he's on and the band promoting What About Now, it's just weird. I'm not saying every single one of Richie's tweets should be about WAN but if you compare the amount versus the other it'd be lopsided.

But (as far as I know) Richie ISN'T promoting his solo album. He IS promoting his fashion line, same as Tico.
It's someone else that has *just* linked to his youtube videos....

JohnEric 07-08-2013 04:50 PM

I know what the specualtion is, and what Richie has insinuated in interviews, but...has Bon Jovi officially ever announced whether Richie will be part of this upcoming leg of the tour (starting in Chicago)?

Bounce7800 07-08-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnEric (Post 1145457)
I know what the specualtion is, and what Richie has insinuated in interviews, but...has Bon Jovi officially ever announced whether Richie will be part of this upcoming leg of the tour (starting in Chicago)?

No, officially the announcement covered up to Hyde Park.

steel_horse75 07-08-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1145429)
She could do that by telling him to his face!

or when he is balls deep in her.

Captain_jovi 07-08-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJ?YesPlease (Post 1145456)
But (as far as I know) Richie ISN'T promoting his solo album. He IS promoting his fashion line, same as Tico.
It's someone else that has *just* linked to his youtube videos....

Sorry I didn't it word it better, I don't mean right now. I'm talking about the period leading up to him leaving the tour.

BJ?YesPlease 07-08-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1145461)
or when he is balls deep in her.

Hahaha!

No 2 in the list of mental images I didn't want about my rock heroes....

united17 07-08-2013 06:11 PM

Jovitalk should be renamed to JoviSTALK with all the stalking of Ava and Nikki going on. Creepy stuff.

Ava looks a lot younger than 15 to me though. I don't get the discussion about her provocative dressing. Don't all girls dress like that at 15? They certainly did when I was 15, I didn't mind.....most of the time.

Lindy 07-08-2013 06:13 PM

Someone I know who's on twitter and follows Ava says that Ava posted on Fri Jul 5th about being home in 6 days. I don't have an twitter account so am just posting what they've told me.

Sissy3 07-08-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by united17 (Post 1145472)
Jovitalk should be renamed to JoviSTALK with all the stalking of Ava and Nikki going on. Creepy stuff.

Ava looks a lot younger than 15 to me though. I don't get the discussion about her provocative dressing. Don't all girls dress like that at 15? They certainly did when I was 15, I didn't mind.....most of the time.

Maybe in California but the 15 yr olds in my area don't hang their boobs out, especially when dining with dear old dad. LOL!! Plus my mom would have banned me from leaving the house for life. :D Just a difference in parental choices I guess.

Mysterytrain 07-08-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sissy3 (Post 1145491)
Maybe in California but the 15 yr olds in my area don't hang their boobs out, especially when dining with dear old dad. LOL!! Plus my mom would have banned me from leaving the house for life. :D Just a difference in parental choices I guess.

I was a bookish, shy kid at at 15. I had frizzy hair with sky-high bangs, braces and glasses, and was as skinny as a rail. I dressed in baggy clothes to hide my figure out of lack of confidence, but even without that as the reason, my mother wouldn't have let me out of the house dressed the way Ava dresses nowadays.

If I was to put a time frame on it, I would say that in the early 2000s, when Britney Spears was popular, was when we saw culturally how her style influenced a lot of young teens in terms of clothing. When I was a kid, it was Tiffany and Debbie Gibson who were our teen idols, and they also dressed pretty modestly compared to the stars of the last decade or more.

As for Ava, she can definitely pull that look off; she's a beautiful girl. I wish I had had her confidence at that age.

Esther 07-08-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1145493)
I was a bookish, shy kid at at 15. I had frizzy hair with sky-high bangs, braces and glasses, and was as skinny as a rail. I dressed in baggy clothes to hide my figure out of lack of confidence, but even without that as the reason, my mother wouldn't have let me out of the house dressed the way Ava dresses nowadays.

If I was to put a time frame on it, I would say that in the early 2000s, when Britney Spears was popular, was when we saw culturally how her style influenced a lot of young teens in terms of clothing. When I was a kid, it was Tiffany and Debbie Gibson who were our teen idols, and they also dressed pretty modestly compared to the stars of the last decade or more.

As for Ava, she can definitely pull that look off; she's a beautiful girl. I wish I had had her confidence at that age.

ditto, wish I had that confidence at my current age let alone when I was 15.

Supersonic 07-08-2013 08:01 PM

Aloha !

I'm a lot older than Ava but to this day I do not dare to go out with my boobs hanging out or wearing a skirt. I know ladies, it sucks. :(

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan