Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Songs Written By Bon Jovi & Recorded By Other Artists. (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=53131)

Tom Bon Jovi #29 06-20-2011 01:55 PM

I never knew they guys wrote a few of those. I also never knew edge of a broken heart was released by anyone else, although i cant find Briars version of the song any where. Can any one tell me how it stacks up against the original?

Rdkopper 06-20-2011 06:51 PM

I still think they held a pen in Skid Rows first album

bonjovi90 06-20-2011 09:32 PM

Is the French version of Cadillac Man somewhere on YT or sth like that?
I heard it was recorded by someone, but forgot the name.

EDIT: Found it:

bonjovi90 06-21-2011 05:21 PM

Johnny Hallyday - le nom que tu portes (originally "You're Not My Lover" from the SWW sessions)

dcj28 06-21-2011 10:56 PM

"Youre not my lover" was also covered by a group called Witness in 1988.
I,m sure I,ve heard someone else cover EOABH by someone else but Briar doesnt sound familiar.

bonjovi90 06-21-2011 11:38 PM

Btw - what is that song Desmond Child gave Bonnie Tyler that sounds so damn similar to Bad Name? I recently saw a documentary about her where they played it for a moment in the back and I thought at first it'd be Bon Jovi.

DryCounty 06-21-2011 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1058012)
Btw - what is that song Desmond Child gave Bonnie Tyler that sounds so damn similar to Bad Name? I recently saw a documentary about her where they played it for a moment in the back and I thought at first it'd be Bon Jovi.

If You Were a Woman (And I Was a Man) :)

dcj28 06-21-2011 11:44 PM

[QUOTE=bonjovi90;1058012]Btw - what is that song Desmond Child gave Bonnie Tyler that sounds so damn similar to Bad Name? I recently saw a documentary about her where they played it for a moment in the back and I thought at first it'd be Bon Jovi.[/QUOTE

You dont mean Berlinda Carlisle do you? Heaven Is a Place on Earth is very LOAP ish. Have you heard Bad Luck by FM, even FM said it was a blatant rip off of the Bad Name riff!

DryCounty 06-23-2011 01:38 AM

Clay Aiken - These Open Arms

Pretty good version!

Sami 06-23-2011 06:37 AM

[QUOTE=dcj28;1058017]
Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1058012)
Btw - what is that song Desmond Child gave Bonnie Tyler that sounds so damn similar to Bad Name? I recently saw a documentary about her where they played it for a moment in the back and I thought at first it'd be Bon Jovi.[/QUOTE

You dont mean Berlinda Carlisle do you? Heaven Is a Place on Earth is very LOAP ish. Have you heard Bad Luck by FM, even FM said it was a blatant rip off of the Bad Name riff!

No, thatīs another story. If You Were A Woman was the first song in which DC used that chorus idea of his. He wasnīt too happy with how the song turned out to be so he re-used the same structure in Bad Name, in which, of course, it worked well indeed.

Heaven Is A Place on Earth was a song on a Belinda Carlisle album (in 1987 if I remember), written by Rick Nowels & Ellen Shipley. Many pointed out the similarities between it and LivinīOn A Prayer. It may be obvious but on the other hand, thatīs how big choruses used to sound like those days.