Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Jon Bon Jovi & The Kings of Suburbia - New York City, July 19th-21th (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68572)

WillRunForChocolate 06-09-2014 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1177733)
My dad rewarded me for graduating college with a 4.0 and getting into grad school with that trip. He paid for me and my Aunt to fly to NJ and for me to go to the party. My Aunt had to go because you had to be 25 to rent a car in NJ at the time (which I wasn't). It was the best present I ever got! I sure do miss my dad.

Becky, it sounds like you had a great trip and will always have happy memories of your dad every time you think of that incredible present. :)

hackster73 06-09-2014 09:54 PM

Wouldn't go for free let alone pay for it. This band of average players does nothing for me. Bon Jovi with Richie back or nothing for me thanks.

Captain_jovi 06-10-2014 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hackster73 (Post 1177784)
Wouldn't go for free let alone pay for it. This band of average players does nothing for me. Bon Jovi with Richie back or nothing for me thanks.

That's a little over dramatic. Not even if it was free?

steel_horse75 06-11-2014 02:02 PM

as much as I love JBJ and RS I have no desire to see either doing their solo stuff.
JBJ must have a screw loose - his voice is fu ck ed and he needs to rest it instead of playing sh1t gigs like these.

Supersonic 06-11-2014 05:58 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1177792)
That's a little over dramatic. Not even if it was free?

Frankly, I wouldn't go either. For me, there's really nothing about those shows to enjoy. They're an average band with a below average singer playing mediocre renditions of songs made popular by other bands. And yet when a Bon Jovi song is being played it sounds as if the singer is still covering another band. No thanks.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Bounce7800 06-11-2014 07:48 PM

Yeah, I got some of that corporate show that was up on Youtube. Not pretty, Bad Name was especially a lowlight and the band sounds so poor on the Jovi stuff, coupled with Jon's voice and its really not something I'd relish.

Juz 06-13-2014 10:28 AM

I wish JBJ would stop these corporate gigs. They are destroying the Bon Jovi BRAND. He would be better off doing JBJ shows singing material off his solo albums if he can't stop.

He must be getting well paid to do these private gigs. An NFL team isn't cheap!

ticos_stick 06-13-2014 03:38 PM

I wouldn't go to see it if it was in my back garden. As has been said before, it's just a bored Jon and a band of average musicians.

Captmorgs 06-14-2014 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillRunForChocolate (Post 1177726)
This trip is just an acoustic show - there was no mention of KOS anywhere.

Many of those commenting seemed to miss this.

semigoodlookin 06-14-2014 04:05 PM

I can't imagine Jon gets a thrill from doing these either. The difference between him and us is he gets the cash and we give it.

I would go if it was free, take the travel and not go to the show. I have never had a desire to meet some bloke who sings songs that I like anyway, and even more so when the show would suck ass and his voice is a trainwreck.

People say Jon and Richie need to get back ASAP. Shit, imagine the shambles that would be with the state their both in.