Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   NBJ - Everything Else (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Will Scotland go solo? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68713)

RS8MB0R8 09-19-2014 10:53 AM

It depends where you want to move to, Andi. Nic and I have been looking fairly regularly at property nearer to our family down south and I have to say that it mirrors the prices here fairly closely, at least in the areas we've been looking and at properties of a similar size to the one we have now.

With respect to the vote, I am happy obviously but happier still that it was so close. A narrow result like that was always going to be the best outcome to voters of all persuasions as it is the first step in making Westminster sit up and take notice that people are growing increasingly tired of the UK's broken system.

We have to establish what changes are on the table quickly though, as I believe London will do everything it can to drag its heels and let the momentum from this result fade away in a bid to offer less. The next few months will be interesting at any rate.

crashed 09-19-2014 11:36 AM

Jude's family are from Milton Keynes-ish area. House prices in the surrounding areas there are pretty shocking.

I've got a 2 bed semi, and it's worth under a hundred k. I couldn't even buy a 1 bedroomed cottage in their village for less than 250k.

So probably not happening.

RS8MB0R8 09-19-2014 01:37 PM

Yeah, unfortunately that close to London, you're definitely going to find a big disparity in prices. Just get them to move nearer to you guys instead! ;)

Walkerboy 09-19-2014 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1181977)
Jude's family are from Milton Keynes-ish area. House prices in the surrounding areas there are pretty shocking.

I've got a 2 bed semi, and it's worth under a hundred k. I couldn't even buy a 1 bedroomed cottage in their village for less than 250k.

So probably not happening.

There's the precise problem.
Milton Keynes is one of the last areas of the commuter belt out of London, so the prices are going to be relatively high. It's also perfect location for people working in Oxford or Cambridge. Factor in that they live in a village and you're adding another £30-50k on to the value.
I'm in the same area, and my 3 bed semi is about £160k which is low end price for the area.

As a general rule you'll find that the further north you go, the lower the property prices. You'll also find that the wages drop too!
I could move an hour or so north and pay about £130k for a bigger house, but my travel costs would double and it would take me longer to get to/from work.

Kathleen 09-19-2014 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RS8MB0R8 (Post 1181976)

We have to establish what changes are on the table quickly though, as I believe London will do everything it can to drag its heels and let the momentum from this result fade away in a bid to offer less. The next few months will be interesting at any rate.

I agree with this completely. They will say "whew" that was close and go on their merry way. You guys just made a statement and it would behoove all of Scotland to push the issues.

RS8MB0R8 09-20-2014 08:28 PM

Unfortunately, the media are now doing their best to highlight post-referendum conflict between the opposing campaigns, no doubt in a bid to quell any chance that both sides can find common ground and direct their attentions in the most mutually constructive way.

Social media is just full of pathetic ridicule from both sides. :roll: