Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Old Habits Die Hard (Alternative Version) (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55521)

Captain_jovi 05-04-2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Living_on_my_Hair (Post 1127120)
Ummm.. Yes it differs a lot, hence the people saying that it differs...*sceptical eyebrow*

Youtube is your friend!

Andi

I'm aware and I have. They're exactly the same, hence my original question.

newikov 05-04-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1127130)
I'm aware and I have. They're exactly the same, hence my original question.

I have got both the OST and WAN versions and I can tell you that the one you hear in the movie "Stang Up Guys" (that I've posted above) is different from those two (WAN and OST Stand Up Guys). Those two are identical btw .

Could it be that the one you hear in the movie is a demo?

Captain_jovi 05-04-2013 09:39 PM

Sorry, my wording might have been confusing. People kept talking about the WAN version of the song so I was asking if it was different from the soundtrack of the movie.

ezearis 05-04-2013 09:42 PM

I like this version, and I hate with all my heart the WAN one. There's any way to get this song in HQ? YouTube turns into crap the audio quality.

newikov 05-04-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1127145)
I like this version, and I hate with all my heart the WAN one. There's any way to get this song in HQ? YouTube turns into crap the audio quality.

Maybe I can upload the mp3 somewhere .. if someone wants it.

Puedo enviarte el mp3 si quieres. Dejame tu correo via mensaje privado

Kathleen 05-04-2013 10:40 PM

I liked it on WAN but I like this one even better. Jon needs to learn that less is more one of these days.

liljovi93 05-05-2013 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newikov (Post 1127150)
Maybe I can upload the mp3 somewhere .. if someone wants it.

Puedo enviarte el mp3 si quieres. Dejame tu correo via mensaje privado

I'd love an MP3 of it if you don't mind?

Mr. Happy 05-05-2013 08:36 AM

I was loving it until the drums kicked in. They're totally unnecessary, it's not an up-tempo song. It's still good in it's own right, and I might like it more if I had have heard it before the other version, but the What About Now take is far stronger, in my opinion.

I'm loving this acoustic style Jon's exploring with the Fighter, Old Habits and Running. I almost wish it had extended to some of the other songs on What About Now, I reckon Amen and Room at the End of the World could benefit from this sort of stripped back arrangement. Would love to see a solo album entirely made of this stuff :D

Rdkopper 05-05-2013 10:45 PM

I actually credit Jon for A. Trying Something Different & B. Writing lyrics like a Rock Star once again instead of a politician. "You look like shit so dear my brother, I missed you too, yeah you dumb stupid mother" Although if you watch the movies, it's almost a direct rip but that's ok.

On the flip side, I never liked that as the songs beginning. It's too much too soon. Plus, all I hear are those annoying housewives screeching in the background when Jon plays it live for the first time. That kind of ruined the song for me. If we were in our 20's, that would have received a "**** yea you dumb stupid ****er" instead of 45 year old housewives screeching like "omg, did he just say shit and dumb stupid mother"

This alt version flows much better and has a little more production to it. This one wins over the original for me

danfan 05-05-2013 11:11 PM

If anyone would like to share, please PM me. I'd love this version.