Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   The Official June 21, Wembley Stadium, London, England Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70591)

JerseyGiant 06-20-2019 11:16 AM

I'm pumped this has been 13 years in the making! It's been a long ride and Im hoping Jon treats it like the real opening night at Wembley!

BJFan99 06-20-2019 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1255833)
Aloha !

Are you by any means bipolar? You went to see a shit show this tour, said it was a great experience and then trash everything the band's ever done a day later by romancing the past to extreme measures so you can be sure whatever's going on now deserves no praise whatsoever.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

No, I'm not bipolar and I'm not saying this can't be a great night for anyone who's there.

I said Tallinn was a great show for the period (mostly due to These Days and Blood On Blood, which I had been wanting to hear since forever, but also due to Jon's still-continuing capabilities as a frontman). Yes, his vocals sucked ass on some songs, and he completely ran out of steam after Blood On Blood, but I don't think it ruined the experience for me.

However, the Stockholm gig a couple of days later was of EXTREMELY poor standard, as was Sonderborg, so after all me being relatively content with the Tallinn show was a short-lived bright spot in a sea of (mostly) turds and I don't think (m)any of us can argue over that Jon's voice was in a far better condition and the set lists contained way more of our favorite songs due to Jon's better vocals even as lately as in mid-2013. Or, honestly, could anyone of us think Jon would be able to pull off a song like TAALS nowadays? Well, he did it 6 years ago - not perfectly, but much, much, much better than he'd ever be capable of today:

https://youtu.be/fquzn8QHeQA

steel_horse75 06-20-2019 12:24 PM

Im really up for tomorrow after the last few performances.
When I bought tickets and when tour started I was like Im not feeling this.
But the last few shows have got me buzzing for this.
Manics and Jovi perfect.

Jonty 06-20-2019 12:29 PM

can't wait, had a drama to get to see them at Wembley last time to open the stadium........ie ended up in Milton Keynes instead, supposedly flying into Gatwick that day but was cancelled and ended up through Liverpool so this one has been a long time coming!!

steel_horse75 06-20-2019 12:32 PM

Just got email from Ticketmaster

Doors open 5.00pm
Manics on at 6.30pm
BON JOVI on at 8pm
Ends - 10.30pm

Chris_Newton 06-20-2019 12:35 PM

Can't wait...Driving down from the north very early tomorrow, check into hotel and head out to hopefully find some pubs with Jovi fans and Jovi music.

That is a big part of the day for me, just as much as the concert itself.

Lost count on how many times i have seen the band but was always a dream to see them do Wembley.

Bring it on

steel_horse75 06-20-2019 12:52 PM

Im checking into hotel at 3. Get a cab to Wembley about 3.30 and will then have a few beers.

Chris_Newton 06-20-2019 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1255846)
Im checking into hotel at 3. Get a cab to Wembley about 3.30 and will then have a few beers.

Do you know the area?

Recommend any pubs / bars?

daveyshaker 06-20-2019 01:05 PM

Travelling down with my brother on an early train from Manchester.
Staying at Premier Inn Wembley Park.

Am thinking of going for beers in the Green Man pub at Wembley before the show. Anyone know if there’s anywhere to drink after the show in the Wembley area? Cheers!

weekend 06-20-2019 01:06 PM

JBJ will be going into this concert like he’s a QB going into the Super Bowl. Wembley stadium is iconic, probably the most famous stadium in the world. The media will be there and the audience will be huge. The band has been on fire since Dublin so they are well placed for this momentous occasion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk