Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   David Bryan Vocals Songs (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69002)

rolo_tomachi 04-19-2015 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1186964)
He did two albums: On A Full Moon (1995) and Lunar Eclipse (2000). I must admit though, that I never really listened to them. Doesn't he sing on them? :confused:

No, He does not sing, it's just instrumental. So I wanted to do with this topic, for make my own compilation with David on vocals.

So far I have achieved the following:

The Music of My Soul
Memphis Lives In Me
Rocking all over the World
In These Arms
You Tore My Heart Out
Who Will Save New Jersey

All songs are studio versions and sound pretty good.

Wanted the following::

Evil is Hot

Hot Toxic Love (EDIT: Found)
It's a Brand New Day
Men Are freaks

If anyone can help, I would be very grateful.

Becky 04-19-2015 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1186964)
He did two albums: On A Full Moon (1995) and Lunar Eclipse (2000). I must admit though, that I never really listened to them. Doesn't he sing on them? :confused:

They're basically the same album, just a few differences. Also, the original release of On a Full Moon from Japan (the version I have) is completely instrumental. That's what my college roommate and I used to play all the time. One day she put on her version that came from Canada and when In These Arms came on and Dave started singing we freaked out because it was such a shock! LOL I prefer the instrumental version--maybe because it's what I knew first or maybe because it's just so beautiful.

Speaking of Dave's work... he appears in the movie Netherworld, playing in the band in the bar. It's actually still available on DVD. I've got it on VHS somewhere, but I can't really tell you if it's a good movie or not. (It's probably not. LOL) I'm not a fan of horror movies. I only watched this one once over 20 years ago because Dave was in it and I don't remember much of anything about it at all.

jovifan93 04-19-2015 04:44 PM

Ah ok, I seem to have the same edition, and that version of In These Arms is probably what got me thinking he sang on the whole thing ;-)

I must admit that I don't particularly like David's voice, though. But good luck on compiling those songs, if I can think of something to help, I'll let you know...

rolo_tomachi 04-19-2015 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1186972)
Ah ok, I seem to have the same edition, and that version of In These Arms is probably what got me thinking he sang on the whole thing ;-)

I must admit that I don't particularly like David's voice, though. But good luck on compiling those songs, if I can think of something to help, I'll let you know...

Thanks. I found Hot Toxic Love (pretty cool the electric guitar intro).

Now just wanted:
Evil is Hot
It's a Brand New Day
Men Are freaks

ticos_stick 04-19-2015 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DryCounty (Post 1186941)
Probably the most underrated member of Bon Jovi.

He certainly is.

Maybe with Jon & co ageing he'll get to do some solo performances on the next tour (if there is one) I think David alone in the spotlight smashing out In These Arms or Memphis would be great.

sambos apprentice 04-21-2015 12:48 AM

The most accomplished musician

jovifan93 04-21-2015 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sambos apprentice (Post 1187000)
The most accomplished musician

Yes he is. Still don't like his voice, so please no In These Arms sung by anyone other than Jon. And if Jon can't do it anymore, please no more In These Arms or tour, as hard as that would be for me ;-)

Matrix15 04-21-2015 10:40 PM

https://youtu.be/XbXmDwGFoAo

Don't know if this is any use!

Kriegentragen 04-22-2015 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1186949)
I meant studio tracks, not live tracks. Anyway thank you very much for sharing this too.

One (hated by most) song where David's vocals sound clearly is Because we can. You can listen him clearly singing the high voices on the last chorus, specially on the "Because we can, we can" part.