Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Feb 21, 2017 Oklahoma - Chesapeake Energy Center Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69870)

bounce442 02-21-2017 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1219249)
Sounds like that should be fun, my boy will be 4 next year I didn't know if it would be too young or not to go. I saw someone with kids playing about with an inflatable football at the back of ga on the bwc tour so could maybe do that if he gets bored. He knows the words to thinfs anyway, trained him up well :D

That's awesome! I had to test my 4 year old before making this investment... He made it through the Nutcracker with his grandma this year without getting restless, so I think he'll be okay. He also knows the lyrics to THINFS, as well as KO, Prayer, Wanted, Bad Medicine, and Bad Name. Those are his favorites (especially Wanted). He's starting to like Something for the Pain and Saturday Night (radio version - he sings along with everything), but if I can get him to take a liking to As My Guitar Lies Bleeding in My Arms before I lose my level of musical influence, I'll feel I've done my job.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1219250)
I took all my kids starting about the age of 6 or 7. My daughters first concert at 7 was Page and Plant (Led Zeppelin) at MSG. She fell asleep LOL.

Haha but at least she has that story. That's a great start to her musical journey.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 1219248)
Very cool that you are taking your kids. :)

They are excited! Today's "bon Jovi day"

JackieBlue 02-21-2017 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bounce442 (Post 1219247)
...Tonight is my (4 and 6 yr) boys' first rock concert and I want to absorb it.

... Tonight I just hope my kids enjoy it.

Oh, that's great! I hope you all enjoy it. I'll be as anxious to hear about your boys' reactions as I am to hear about yours. :)

symbeline 02-21-2017 10:15 PM

Lucky boys! They will be fine, just bring tons of food to bribe them when they start to get fussy [emoji6]

I don't think I'd bring my 4 yr old to a long show but she's a force of nature, can't stay still for more than 5 seconds and would find a way to crash the stage and break something. My oldest is 6 like yours and is constantly asking and mega excited to go. I promised that we where going to a show this summer before knowing if they would go to Europe so she's not very happy now.

Have a blast!

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

rolo_tomachi 02-21-2017 10:31 PM

Do you think the problem of the set list is because of lack of experience of John Shanks? It's strange that these sets are repeated, Phil X knows a lot of repertoire, and Jon has always been able to make at least 3 0 4 changes per show in the past. It seems that perhaps John Shanks is not familiar with the songs from the classic repertoire of the albums, and perhaps needs some more time. Although there is no excuse not to exchange songs from the new album, since all the songs have been played live on multiple occasions.

Captain_jovi 02-21-2017 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1219255)
Do you think the problem of the set list is because of lack of experience of John Shanks? It's strange that these sets are repeated, Phil X knows a lot of repertoire, and Jon has always been able to make at least 3 0 4 changes per show in the past. It seems that perhaps John Shanks is not familiar with the songs from the classic repertoire of the albums, and perhaps needs some more time. Although there is no excuse not to exchange songs from the new album, since all the songs have been played live on multiple occasions.

I don't think that's it at all. He's more than capable of a guitar player. It's not like the earlier songs are all THAT challenging. They had enough rehearsal time for him to learn 'em. Plus he'd just be in a rhythm player capacity so he'd just need the basic chords.

Falco 02-21-2017 11:26 PM

They have been rehearsing 95 songs since fall, there really isn't an excuse not to switch up the set list. We're going onto the 8th show, they should be plenty loosened up now and ready to change things a bit. Especially at all these shows in the south, the cities are close together, I'm sure some fans are going to multiple shows so give them something different each time!

Kathleen 02-22-2017 03:24 AM

The show has started, at this point I have someone tweeting the set.

https://www.facebook.com/tara.porter...3084798208800/

1. THINFS

Kathleen 02-22-2017 03:30 AM

1. THINFS
2. Knockout

And that stream ended after the first song.

Kathleen 02-22-2017 03:35 AM

1. THINFS
2. Knockout
3. Bad Name

https://www.facebook.com/weurbina/vi...2094416298287/

Kathleen 02-22-2017 03:40 AM

1. THINFS
2. Knockout
3. Bad Name
4. Lost Highway