Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   New CD "30 Years of Rock & Roll" ?! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68732)

steel_horse75 09-30-2014 02:35 PM

Really hope this isnt part 2 of the 30 years celebration.

Didnt we effectively get 30 years of live stuff with the Album re-issues a few years ago.

Anyway - wont be buying this. Never listen to live albums. Never listened to the OWN CD even though I own it.

Rdkopper 09-30-2014 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walkerboy (Post 1182268)
Amazon.co.uk shows it as being available only on import... Not a good sign that it's a "new" release.

I'm officially giving up on this release. I don't think it's official.

My source emailed me Sunday telling me I'd have the list by Monday. Well it's Tuesday and still nothing. If it was official, I'd have it by now.

Denmad 10-02-2014 06:10 PM

According to Amazon & CC Music new release date is November 11th.

I think there is still a chance that it's something interesting. I recall that the tracklist of One Wild Night Live 1985-2001 was published a month before the release of this album... So in this case it could be the same ;)

Another source confirm that "30 Years of Rock & Roll" is a 2CD compilation live album featuring tracks from the band's 30 years career:
http://themusicuniverse.com/event/bo...nstance_id=395

Falco 10-04-2014 03:32 AM

Yeah I wouldn't give up on it just yet, I mean, obviously it has to be something if it's listed on a plethora of websites.

I hate when they do that though, if you're gonna list it on a website include everything right away, not just a title and a release date and then leave out the artwork and tracklisting...:rolleyes: If it's not ready, don't list it!

TheseDays2005 10-04-2014 01:27 PM

Official or not. Tracklist

CD1
1. Runaway
2. Only lonely
3. Livin on a prayer
4. Bad name
5. Wanted dead or alive
6. I'll be there for you
7. Lay your hands on me
8. Bad medicine
9. Bed of roses
10. Keep the faith
11. I'll sleep when I'm dead
12. Someday I'll be Saturday night
13. Always
14. Hey God
15. These days

CD2
1. It's my life
2. Just older
3. Bounce
4. Misunderstood
5. Have a nice day
6. Who says you can't go home?
7. Lost highway
8. Make a memory
9. Superman tonight
10. We weren't born to follow
11. Love's the only rule
12. Because we can
13. That's what the water made me
14. Midnight in Chelsea
15. Every road leads home to you

Faceman 10-04-2014 01:33 PM

Looks like the live versions of the remastered series with some minor changes.

crashed 10-04-2014 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheseDays2005 (Post 1182374)

CD1
1. Runaway
2. Only lonely
3. Livin on a prayer
4. Bad name
5. Wanted dead or alive
6. I'll be there for you
7. Lay your hands on me
8. Bad medicine
9. Bed of roses
10. Keep the faith
13. Always
14. Hey God
15. These days

CD2
1. It's my life
2. Just older
3. Bounce
4. Misunderstood
5. Have a nice day
7. Lost highway
8. Make a memory
9. Superman tonight
11. Love's the only rule
12. Because we can
14. Midnight in Chelsea

And it has a Richie track on it? Surprising.

I'd probably buy it so long as it is a decent sound recording, official or not. Mainly just for a decent live version of Water right enough!

#becausewecan 10-04-2014 02:16 PM

i just hope its not a cut from all the special editions they released in 2010..

it will be a good album, can't wait for it

shame nothing ''offical'' has been said about it through the right channels... this happened with the NJ Deluxe.

Rdkopper 10-04-2014 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheseDays2005 (Post 1182374)

CD1
1. Runaway
2. Only lonely
3. Livin on a prayer
4. Bad name
5. Wanted dead or alive
6. I'll be there for you
7. Lay your hands on me
8. Bad medicine
9. Bed of roses
10. Keep the faith
13. Always
14. Hey God
15. These days

CD2
1. It's my life
2. Just older
3. Bounce
4. Misunderstood
5. Have a nice day
7. Lost highway
8. Make a memory
9. Superman tonight
11. Love's the only rule
12. Because we can
14. Midnight in Chelsea

Link please / source please.

No Blaze Of Glory? There is no way that this is official. I could make this myself.

Rdkopper 10-04-2014 04:58 PM

If this is an official cd, who is this marketed towards? This is more or less a greatest hits live CD. No one is going to buy this.

When you cram 30 live songs onto two discs, you are certainly not getting the best performances. KTF should be a jungle room but based on the time constraints, it won't be.

Throwing Midnight and Every Road onto the cd as the last two tracks screams unofficial to me. No way!

That's why I want to see the link and source where this was pulled from.

Denmad 10-04-2014 05:55 PM

There is no way that this is the official tracklist. Obi doesn't have access to the songs of Richie's solo tour, so "Every Road" in this compilation is a surreal idea. The only songs that Sambora performed at BJ concerts are "Stranger" and "The Answer", but I don't think that we'll find them on the final tracklist...

TheseDays2005 10-04-2014 06:26 PM

This is the tracklist that bol.com has. They aren't allowed to put it online till the 10th.

Supersonic 10-04-2014 06:37 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheseDays2005 (Post 1182383)
This is the tracklist that bol.com has.

No it's not. You're just so desperate for attention and jealous of the success of my hoaxes that instead of just flat out trying to rip me a new one you every now and then do a half assed attempt yourself.

Yes, my friends, TheseDays2005 and I have a bit of history on here. Remember how eager you were to punch me in the face because of my hoaxes? Yes, that was you. But I'll still love you nonetheless, it's always great to see one of my biggest fans in action. Still, not a patch on the real thing. Keep trying! XOXO

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Rdkopper 10-04-2014 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denmad (Post 1182382)
There is no way that this is the official tracklist. Obi doesn't have access to the songs of Richie's solo tour, so "Every Road" in this compilation is a surreal idea. The only songs that Sambora performed at BJ concerts are "Stranger" and "The Answer", but I don't think that we'll find them on the final tracklist...

Beyond excellent point!

bonjovi90 10-04-2014 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denmad (Post 1182382)

I love it when poor hoaxes are torn apart with clever answers! Well done ;)

hackster73 10-08-2014 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1182387)
I love it when poor hoaxes are torn apart with clever answers! Well done ;)

Any news on this album?

Falco 10-09-2014 08:47 AM

On Amazon.com it's now showing a Dec 31st, 2020 release. LOL. Wtf

Bon Jovi - 30 Years of Rock & Roll -... Bon Jovi - 30 Years of Rock & Roll -...

IML88 10-09-2014 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Falco (Post 1182498)
On Amazon.com it's now showing a Dec 31st, 2020 release. LOL. Wtf

http://www.amazon.com/Years-Rock-Rol...=jovi+30+years

Makes me think its almost certainly not an authorized release. Could be wrong. If its not, someone in the Bon Jovi camp needs to take note. With the right live cuts and track list, it could make a great celebration/down time filler.

Denmad 10-09-2014 11:41 PM

The album starts gradually disappear from all stores. It looks like the release of something was planned, BUT finally (for some reason) they decided to not release it...

After this optimistic word by Matt, I see no chance that we'll get something interesting this year. Or it will be some special surprise.

Rdkopper 10-11-2014 12:15 PM

Yep! It's unfortunate but I checked out all of the outlets and it's pretty much good as gone!

I'd rather get more Special Editions than a shitty live CD anyway.

Lucas_Roli 10-11-2014 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1182565)
Yep! It's unfortunate but I checked out all of the outlets and it's pretty much good as gone!

I'd rather get more Special Editions than a shitty live CD anyway.

Who wouldn't? I mean sure, some rare live versions that aren't already available or aren't available in high quality would be awesome, but I would prefer a special edition like the NJ Deluxe all the way!

This may sound stupid but i'll write it anyway. I read somewhere that Gimme Some was available on the official website for a short period of time, so I was wondering why doesn't Jon do this with his other old unreleased songs since most people aren't interested in buying CD's with demos and unreleased songs?

Captain_jovi 10-11-2014 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucas_Roli (Post 1182574)
Who wouldn't? I mean sure, some rare live versions that aren't already available or aren't available in high quality would be awesome, but I would prefer a special edition like the NJ Deluxe all the way!

This may sound stupid but i'll write it anyway. I read somewhere that Gimme Some was available on the official website for a short period of time, so I was wondering why doesn't Jon do this with his other old unreleased songs since most people aren't interested in buying CD's with demos and unreleased songs?

THANK YOU. Yes. I've been saying that since 2004 that they should just set up a subscription service for unreleased demos. I get wanting to dress them all up with CD and liner notes but if the NJ sales are anything to go by it just ain't going to happen.

Rdkopper 10-23-2014 09:27 PM

This isn't the 30 years release that we are all anticipating in the topic but I didn't want to start a new post....

http://themusicuniverse.com/bon-jovi...2014-releases/

bonjovi90 10-23-2014 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1182853)
This isn't the 30 years release that we are all anticipating in the topic but I didn't want to start a new post....

http://themusicuniverse.com/bon-jovi...2014-releases/

Brilliant. Once again they're churning out four songs they had already released in the past :rolleyes:

Kathleen 10-23-2014 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1182854)
Brilliant. Once again they're churning out four songs they had already released in the past :rolleyes:

Exactly - ugh :(

Nige 10-24-2014 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1182854)

Strange choices to say the least. At least that are acknowledging the 80s though...I was expecting them to put out more tracks from NMS.

rembul 10-24-2014 07:54 PM

if anyone has already bought it, how much it costs? I saw on amazon there is no price list.
http://amburadul101.tk/47/o.png

trevrox 11-06-2014 09:26 PM

Well this is not the second project I was hoping for.