Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Unreleased Song Titles (Revisited) (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70049)

Rdkopper 10-24-2018 02:17 PM

It Only Takes One To Say Goodbye is a good song but it's too cliche and you can tell that it's not Jon lyrically... Probably the reason why they gave it away.

Captain_jovi 10-24-2018 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1246094)
It Only Takes One To Say Goodbye is a good song but it's too cliche and you can tell that it's not Jon lyrically... Probably the reason why they gave it away.

"sitting here watching you sleeping, I wonder what you're dreaming" sounds like Jon to me. The rest is filled with over used cliches Jon and Richie have used before. Only way out is to make it through, and thats a fact, with every breath I believe in me and you, we have to be lovers and friends. It's inches away from having a "if you were blind you could see". I'd bet my nuts Jon had a hand in writing this one.

JackieBlue 10-24-2018 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1246044)
… being compared to RD has me retreating to lick my wounds. Let's call this one a draw!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1246047)
1. Don't compare one as such to my greatness... That's more of an insult to me then to him.
2. Your posts have so much conflicting information in them, they are almost impossible to understand at times…

C'mon, you guys! You know I love you both and I'd never intentionally insult either of you!! :)

A draw it is, Captain.

And RDK, you may not always read my posts, but danged if you didn't nail the coffee thing. I HAVE never said that I hate all flavored coffees. But the correct answer will ALWAYS be Hazelnut Cream! (Um… except at Dunkin, then it’s Caramel with Cream and Sugar).

Oh, and at McDonalds, it’s hot mocha. :p

Rdkopper 10-24-2018 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1246104)
C'mon, you guys! You know I love you both and I'd never intentionally insult either of you!! :)

A draw it is, Captain.

And RDK, you may not always read my posts, but danged if you didn't nail the coffee thing. I HAVE never said that I hate all flavored coffees. But the correct answer will ALWAYS be Hazelnut Cream! (Um… except at Dunkin, then it’s Caramel with Cream and Sugar).

Oh, and at McDonalds, it’s hot mocha. :p

I was actually going to mention hot mocha too... Very ironic that you mentioned it... and McDonald's is the beat kept secret with their coffee... Better than Dunkin and Starbucks...

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

JackieBlue 10-24-2018 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1246035)
…JackieBlue, since you like to analyze everything, maybe if you analyze THE SONGS you will find if JBJ wrote them or not…

Great suggestion; but I'm afraid it would be an exercise in futility. Since I don't know nearly enough about music to analyze it, I leave that to the experts here. Lyrics are more my thing; and unfortunately, one of our resident analysts once told me that it's hard to gauge anything from just the lyrics. He said that Jon and Richie have written together for so long, and use the same phrases so much, that what one writes bleeds over into the other, and you can't really pin anything down that way (or words to that effect).

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1246035)
…'cause I don't wanna think you care so much for Richie just because you think he is hot or... whatever (I know you were kidding but by personal experience I think there is truth in every joke -_-)

I hope that was a joke, too; because that’s the funniest thing I’ve read all day! :D

But as you say, there’s usually a kernel of truth... So just in case you really are concerned that the only reason I've cared enough to keep up with this cluster**** for 5-1/2 years is because I think Richie's "hot or… whatever", you can put that puppy to rest right now. That’s not even one of the reasons, much less the only one. I do think Richie’s better looking than Jon, so there's your "truth"; but I quit letting a man or his looks drive my decisions a good 30 or 40 years ago. The only reason I responded to sweetmisery the way I did was because people were starting to get nasty with each other; and I hate it when that happens. So I tried to lighten the mood a little.

There now, I hope that helps to ease your worried mind. :)

BTW, here's a bit of advice for future reference: It's a good thing that you were worried that I only care because I think Richie’s hot. If you had dared to suggest that it was because I was hot for Jon… oh my! Girl, there are people here who would crawl all over your ass for entertaining such a "sexist, misogynistic" thought (which apparently is only sexist or misogynistic if it's Jon who is being objectified). So, if I were you, I’d think twice before throwing an accusation like that at one of the Jon girls. Just sayin’…

YOVANAfromPeru 10-24-2018 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1246107)
here's a bit of advice for future reference

I'm a rebel
I never take advice (well... there's always an exception for the rule)
Don't worry, No more future reference, 'cause I quit Jovi Talk right now

Rdkopper 10-24-2018 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1246109)
I'm a rebel
I never take advice (well... there's always an exception for the rule)
Don't worry, No more future reference, 'cause I quit Jovi Talk right now

That's my girl

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

JackieBlue 10-25-2018 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1246018)
...Why does there have to be a connection between Supa and the band for it to be credible that he wrote the songs with them in 2000?...

Not renewing the debate - it's still a draw. But I had a lightbulb moment that might answer the 'why' in your question. :)

It's true that there doesn't have to be a connection. But despite what Seb mistakenly thinks, I do connect dots. All day, every day. So if there are two options, where one has a connection and the other one doesn't, my first instinct - right or wrong - will be to take Door #1.

And you know what they say about first impressions... (and mule-headed women) :D

Captain_jovi 10-25-2018 09:35 PM

Fair enough! I don't think we'll be able to convince the other. Jon choosing to work with Supa to me isn't crazytown given his track record and association with Richie. I hear lyrics and chord changes in some of those songs that just sound like Jon's phrasing and word choices. If you make the point that they've worked together so long and crib off each other then you've already made up your mind and there's not a ton of wiggle room in the discussion, you know?

JackieBlue 10-25-2018 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1246137)
Fair enough! I don't think we'll be able to convince the other. Jon choosing to work with Supa to me isn't crazytown given his track record and association with Richie. I hear lyrics and chord changes in some of those songs that just sound like Jon's phrasing and word choices. If you make the point that they've worked together so long and crib off each other then you've already made up your mind and there's not a ton of wiggle room in the discussion, you know?

Are you talking about my response to Yovana and somebody telling me that it's hard to pin down anything from the lyrics? Because you think that's my stance?