Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Hysteria (Deluxe Edition) (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=36816)

Dave 1986 02-10-2014 02:02 AM

Slang is available on iTunes now and the digital-only tracks are as follows:

1. Truth? (Demo)
2. Work It Out (Demo)
3. All I Want is Everything (Demo)
4. Move With Me Slowly (Phil Chorus Vocal)
5. When Saturday Comes
6. Jimmy's Theme
7. Cause We Ended as Lovers
8. Led Boots

To my knowledge, the ones in bold have never been released before. I listened to the clip of AIWiE Demo and it sounds awesome. Not as bleak as the album version. More energy akin to "classic" Leppard.

Bleeding Purist 02-11-2014 05:51 AM

I saw the news on the 8 tracks earlier today. I'll have to check iTunes at midnight tonight.

I have the Vinyl and CD on the way from Amazon. This is the first vinyl I've bought since what was probably a KISS bootleg in the early 90's. I recently got my phonograph up and going. It's been so long since I've heard vinyl that I never appreciated the difference until now. I'm kicking myself for not grabbing up copies over the years. Really going to enjoy Slang this way.

All in all I'm buying 3 versions (unless I'm allowed to grab the bonus 8 on iTunes as individual tracks.)

Iceman 02-11-2014 09:17 AM

It's all on Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/album/1P6GUw6ld7D5YvKDL0vmTU along with the commentary as well: http://open.spotify.com/album/5pygPiFFauRR4cklfOLEav

Ice

Dave 1986 02-11-2014 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist (Post 1161877)
All in all I'm buying 3 versions (unless I'm allowed to grab the bonus 8 on iTunes as individual tracks.)

You can still buy the individual tracks. I've got the 3 unreleased tracks already on my iPhone and am now just waiting for my CD version. The b-sides I already own on the original singles.

Bleeding Purist 02-11-2014 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave 1986 (Post 1161905)
You can still buy the individual tracks. I've got the 3 unreleased tracks already on my iPhone and am now just waiting for my CD version. The b-sides I already own on the original singles.

I did buy the 8 songs individually earlier this evening after getting home from work. I never owned any of them since I didn't bother with the singles containing them at the time. I only went for the "Breathe A Sigh" singles containing the live tracks. Good deal at least being able to buy them without getting the whole album.

Amazon is supposed to deliver my CD and LP between the 14th and 17th. I'm doing Spotify until then.

ezearis 02-11-2014 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 1161897)

Really cool, I looked for it last night and it wasn't up. Will listen to it later. Everyday I think that paying Spotify Premium is worth it.

By the way, I really like the Rough mix of Blood Runs Cold.

Bleeding Purist 02-11-2014 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1161909)
Everyday I think that paying Spotify Premium is worth it.

Absolutely! I've been paying premium for a number of years now. How can any music fan not? Slang appearing on Spotify is a big deal. Anyone discovering Def Leppard digitally is listening to Mirror Ball, the re-recorded singles, and Viva Hysteria. Slang is the first studio album to hit Spotify. It really is getting another chance for discovery by a new audience, as it well deserves, with a fresh perspective.

ezearis 02-11-2014 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist (Post 1161914)
Absolutely! I've been paying premium for a number of years now. How can any music fan not? Slang appearing on Spotify is a big deal. Anyone discovering Def Leppard digitally is listening to Mirror Ball, the re-recorded singles, and Viva Hysteria. Slang is the first studio album to hit Spotify. It really is getting another chance for discovery by a new audience, as it well deserves, with a fresh perspective.

Well, I've been a premium user only for a few months. September, actually. Because though I've been a Spotify user for 4 years now, I couldn't pay it as it wasn't available in my country. I loved Spotify back then and now with premium I love it even more, here it's only at 4.60 USD so it's a pretty good deal.

And everything you say it's true, Spotify is a big deal as a lot of people can discover some records like Slang with some clicks. I can't count the ammount of bands that I've discovered because of this, or albums that I've never listened because I didn't wanted to buy them or take the time to download them, and now I can because it's only a few clicks away.

My only critices are that the Radio repeats a lot the same tracks, what's pretty bad, the bad tags "Song - 2013 remaster; 2013 version", and that the catalog in my country it's lacking some bands and albums. But I think it's worth it.

Dave 1986 02-11-2014 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist (Post 1161907)
I did buy the 8 songs individually earlier this evening after getting home from work. I never owned any of them since I didn't bother with the singles containing them at the time. I only went for the "Breathe A Sigh" singles containing the live tracks. Good deal at least being able to buy them without getting the whole album.

Amazon is supposed to deliver my CD and LP between the 14th and 17th. I'm doing Spotify until then.

I got hold of the singles off eBay years ago (except for "Breathe a Sign") and my CD got dispatched from Amazon yesterday so it should arrive between tomorrow and Saturday. I can essentially "make" the full Deluxe Edition from all that. If I had a turntable I would happily snap up the vinyl edition as well.

Dave 1986 04-19-2014 07:44 PM

Euphoria [Deluxe Edition]

Joe mentioned Euphoria Deluxe Edition...

http://www.deflepparduk.com/2014newsapr104.html

...the band obtain the rights in June, so we'll probably see it around 2018. :D

By the way, what did everyone think of the Slang DE? No ones mentioned it since it's been out. Not even me.

The b-sides on disc 1 I'd already heard, though the 1st draft of the album on disc 2, whilst enjoyable, I felt somewhat underwhelmed. There just wasn't much to go back to. I loved "All on Your Touch". The guitars kinda reminded me of "When Love and Hate Collide". I wish we get songs with this much soul on the new album. "Raise Your Love" was pretty good as well. It's an early draft of the title track but sort of stands up as it's own song as well.

Oh and a special nod to the retro 90's style fat-box duel case it's housed in!