Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Richie Sambora!!! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70391)

YOVANAfromPeru 11-02-2018 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1246631)
I would never ignore you... I probably just had nothing to contribute. And I would never be jealous of you because of RDK. (Seb, on the other hand... you might wanna watch out for him. I think they've had this thing going for a while. Not sure how well he'll deal with the competition...)

He aims, he shoots, and he... misses again. :p

I'm not scared

Captain_jovi 11-02-2018 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1246622)

Sounds like you didn't read either, smarty-pants; because you're wrong on two counts.

1) Nowhere in that post did I, personally, say that Richie didn't leave because of substance abuse.
2) You actually heard it, first, way back in 2013, from JON.

I just reported what he said.:D

Oh crap, it happened again. I was implying that Trump did lose the popular vote therefore RDK was wrong. I wasn't commenting on what you were saying whatsoever.

semigoodlooking 11-02-2018 12:10 PM

I have no clue if substance abuse played a part in Richie leaving.

However, I find it amusing that people still say there has been no visual evidence Richie has been high and/or drunk in the last six years. There has been plenty of visual evidence and I guess those who don't see it have never been consistently high.

I mean, it is what it is. In terms of being a cause for him leaving, I am unsure. Richie just didn't show up according to Jon, so how would he have known he was off the wagon? I think it's fair to assume Richie did fall off the wagon after Calgary at some point, but how would Jon know it happened during the tour break if there was no contact?

Thinny 11-02-2018 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlooking (Post 1246673)
However, I find it amusing that people still say there has been no visual evidence Richie has been high and/or drunk in the last six years.

I don't think anyone has ever said that though!? Just that there was no evidence that he didn't show up because he was high...indeed just before that he was on fine form at the shows...

† ÀžžÀ † 11-02-2018 02:42 PM

He was in no fit state to play that first show back. Having remained tight-lipped on the subject Jon is now apparently happy to admit as much.

Tictoc 11-02-2018 02:43 PM

Richie looked completely clean and fresh leading up to his departure but he didn't look particularly happy on stage. He seemed focused and his playing was good.

The Radio 2 promo show where Jon says Richie stayed home and watched the football rather than rehearse was a clear indicator at the time that Richie had lost interest completely.

I think he came off his solo album feeling somewhat more self centered and couldn't stand Jon's shit any longer and just snapped and quit at short notice. Then he probably got wasted because he had no commitments and Jon latched onto that as his excuse for Richie leaving rather than have a discussion about the real reasons which I believe to be Jon's tyrannical control and dumbing down of the bands sound.

† ÀžžÀ † 11-02-2018 02:47 PM

Jon may be dictatorial in the way he runs the band and I’m sure it has pissed various members off over the years but that wasn’t the reason for Richie’s departure. He wanted back in right up until the point it was made clear to him that wasn’t an option.

JackieBlue 11-02-2018 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by † ÀžžÀ † (Post 1246705)
Jon may be dictatorial in the way he runs the band and I’m sure it has pissed various members off over the years but that wasn’t the reason for Richie’s departure. He wanted back in right up until the point it was made clear to him that wasn’t an option.

Do you know when that point occurred?

Tictoc 11-02-2018 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1246707)
Do you know when that point occurred?

No they don't.

You'll find a lot of posters here who claim they know the truth when in fact they're speculating like the rest of us.

Faceman 11-02-2018 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tictoc (Post 1246703)
Richie looked completely clean and fresh leading up to his departure but he didn't look particularly happy on stage. He seemed focused and his playing was good.

The Radio 2 promo show where Jon says Richie stayed home and watched the football rather than rehearse was a clear indicator at the time that Richie had lost interest completely.

I think he came off his solo album feeling somewhat more self centered and couldn't stand Jon's shit any longer and just snapped and quit at short notice. Then he probably got wasted because he had no commitments and Jon latched onto that as his excuse for Richie leaving rather than have a discussion about the real reasons which I believe to be Jon's tyrannical control and dumbing down of the bands sound.

Doesn't sound too far away to me.