Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

jovigirlCT 07-10-2013 08:50 PM

Rolo - keep your asinine comments to yourself. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion - not just what you believe. Yes I miss Richie but its not the end of the world if he isn't at my concerts - I will still have a great time and enjoy seeing Jon, Tico, and David. With ***holes like you on here maybe its time to go elsewhere since your opinion is the only one that counts - in your own very warped mind. Thankfully you don't know me at all and the only stupid person around these boards is you.

Same with you JessyCardy - we are all entitled to our opinion and just because I don't worship the ground Richie walks on doesn't make what he has done right. Do I think Richie was in a coma the last 30 years - no way he knows exactly what he has been doing and just recently comes across as someone with a midlife crisis.

jessycardy 07-10-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovigirlCT (Post 1145793)
Rolo - keep your asinine comments to yourself. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion - not just what you believe. Yes I miss Richie but its not the end of the world if he isn't at my concerts - I will still have a great time and enjoy seeing Jon, Tico, and David. With ***holes like you on here maybe its time to go elsewhere since your opinion is the only one that counts - in your own very warped mind. Thankfully you don't know me at all and the only stupid person around these boards is you.

Same with you JessyCardy - we are all entitled to our opinion and just because I don't worship the ground Richie walks on doesn't make what he has done right. Do I think Richie was in a coma the last 30 years - no way he knows exactly what he has been doing and just recently comes across as someone with a midlife crisis.

I was being sarcastic for ****'s sake, I actually agree with you! Next time I post, it will come with a huge disclaimer or something.

RS8MB0R8 07-10-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovigirlCT (Post 1145787)
If Richie is so proud of his solo album and it explains who he really is then why was his solo tour last year such a disaster. If he wants to be the front man it shouldn't care how many people bought tickets to his shows and not have cancelled them.

As much as I agree that in an ideal world that's the attitude artists should have, having been in a band myself and playing to literally more bar staff than punters at a handful of shows, I can tell you now it's absolutely soul-destroying, and we weren't even playing our own material. Imagine that same feeling multiplied ten-fold because nobody wants to hear songs you've poured heart and soul into. As much as I have a lot of sympathy for everyone who spent that money on travel, tickets and accommodation (and I know some of those people well), I have a fair amount of sympathy for him in that situation as well.

Quote:

As far as him being upset for not getting to do his solo songs during a Bon Jovi concert - time to grow up. Sorry when I pay outrageous amounts of money to see a Bon Jovi concert I don't want to listen to his solo stuff (even if its one song). Unfortunately for all the concerts I've been to, when Richie sang a solo song that was when people started leaving for the concessions/bathrooms and there was more noise from the audience than was listening to him sing.

And yet people should listen to Jon dictate that they play umpteen cover songs, his own solo stuff or an over-generous amount of filler crap? Sorry, but just because you don't want to hear 'Stranger' or 'Seven Years Gone' doesn't mean nobody does. Plenty of people take toilet breaks during the likes of 'Dry County' or any of the new songs so why would replacing any of those with a Richie track make any difference?

Quote:

Still of the opinion that if this was his reason for leaving he should have never signed on to do the tour in the first place.

Were you privy to the pre-tour agreements as to what would be played/not played on the road? How do you know that Jon, in a moment of desperate persuasion didn't say that Richie could play a solo track at shows? 'Every Road' was on the WAN deluxe version anyway - and was a highlight in many professional reviews as well.

Quote:

I also don't think that Jon is all too blame, Richie has been with him for 30 years so its no new revelation as to his personality and the way he runs the business - that is what made Richie very wealthy.

As much credit as you afford Jon in all of this, you make it sound like their success was built on his leadership alone. Anybody with an ounce of sense who isn't a Jon fan-girl/boy knows that Richie's role in the band's success was far from insignificant as were Dave's and Tico's.

Quote:

His tweets just sound stupid and really make me wonder about his frame of mind at the moment. If he is starting to feel that fans are against him, suck it up and get back on tour!!!

Why can people not understand that there may be more complex stuff at work here than simply saying 'kiss and make up'. All parties are keeping their cards close to their chests and the legalities surrounding the unauthorised disclosure of information are evidently playing a major part in the lack of information coming from either of the camps.

Quote:

I have two concerts coming up and am really looking forward to them - from the videos out there Phil X looks like he is enjoying every moment and I look forward to seeing him. Saw him last tour so its nothing new to me.

I hope you have a blast and fully enjoy the shows you're going to.

JackieBlue 07-10-2013 08:57 PM

Quote:

Rolo - keep your asinine comments to yourself. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion - not just what you believe.

Same with you JessyCardy - we are all entitled to our opinion.

Conflicted much?;)

rolo_tomachi 07-10-2013 08:57 PM

Quote:

Go to hell. If you do not care Richie, what the hell are you doing here?. Maybe Phi X is not enough for you, true? You can mark you the X on your ***.

Jilted fans.

Sissy3 07-10-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1145794)
I was being sarcastic for ****'s sake, I actually agree with you! Next time I post, it will come with a huge disclaimer or something.

I know I am not the only one on this board that knew you were joking. LOL :D

Mysterytrain 07-10-2013 09:02 PM

For what it's worth, I've read at least four Tweets to Richie since his last comment saying something to the effect of, "So, are you saying you're leaving Bon Jovi?"

Also, someone Tweeted him the link to this thread lol

jessycardy 07-10-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sissy3 (Post 1145798)
I know I am not the only one on this board that knew you were joking. LOL :D

Thank goodness! It was starting to feel like one of those movie scenarios where everybody else on the planet seem to live in a different dimension and you slowly reach the point of madness 'cause nobody gets you. LOL

Lindy 07-10-2013 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1145799)
For what it's worth, I've read at least four Tweets to Richie since his last comment saying something to the effect of, "So, are you saying you're leaving Bon Jovi?"

Also, someone Tweeted him the link to this thread lol

Won't that be a hoot if he turned up here he won't know what hit him....lol

Chris_Newton 07-10-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lindy (Post 1145802)
Won't that be a hoot if he turned up here he won't know what hit him....lol

If he does then Rolo's pants will literally explode !

Lindy 07-10-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris_Newton (Post 1145804)
If he does then Rolo's pants will literally explode !

:onfire::onfire::onfire:....they probably would:p

nickolai 07-10-2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1145794)

Can be difficult to navigate the tone of text at times. Sarcasm is very much a visual/vocal ability. Not text based

jessycardy 07-10-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai (Post 1145809)
Can be difficult to navigate the tone of text at times. Sarcasm is very much a visual/vocal ability. Not text based

As I said, I don't blame you. And I don't blame the original poster either, I got worked up with them probably because I had to clarify myself twice in a matter of seconds and the heat is very bad these days. LOL

Becky 07-10-2013 09:34 PM

Rolo, if you post one more insulting or vulgar post (such as suggesting someone has been sodomized), you will get a temporary ban. Consider yourself warned. Express yourself without being insulting or vulgar.

rolo_tomachi 07-10-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1145811)
Rolo, if you post one more insulting or vulgar post (such as suggesting someone has been sodomized), you will get a temporary ban. Consider yourself warned. Express yourself without being insulting or vulgar.

Ok, sorry.:neutral:

nickolai 07-10-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1145810)
As I said, I don't blame you. And I don't blame the original poster either, I got worked up with them probably because I had to clarify myself twice in a matter of seconds and the heat is very bad these days. LOL

But then again a tornado could go over my head and I wouldn't notice.

Linked a bit to a post on the "YouTube" bit I am currently listening to this:http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=VFRIzeAYjjs VERY VERY loudly.

It is unbelievable and totally unrecognisable to 2013. For one In These Arms was played faster back then, there were a few cool instrumental intros for a few songs - Lay Your Hands, Wanted, a really cool outro for In These Arms, and Richie had a lot more freedom of expression than more recent times; and an amazing medoly for Sleep/Bad Medicine. Totally capitulating stuff. Lets remember why we're here.

I'd get a tad bored listening to the above on YouTube for a recent Jovi show but if they played with this raw power and expression no-one would ever moan about boring setlists

Sorry for the off topic

Becky 07-10-2013 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1145812)
Ok, sorry.:neutral:

Thank you for taking the warning with maturity. Carry on.

steel_horse75 07-10-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1145789)
No. That's non-sense.
Richie was in a 30-year induced sleep phase and only happened to wake up on April 2nd. When that happened, he realized two things:
1) Jon is an asshole, 2) Jon is the root cause of his alcoholism.
That's when his true self came out and we gotta be glad that finally happened.

You on drugs? If so are you Richies dealer???

nickolai 07-10-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1145815)
You on drugs? If so are you Richies dealer???

Dude, I like you, but for the love of god read on. Jesscardy's head's probably gonna explode now!

steel_horse75 07-10-2013 09:46 PM

Its a shame for Richie but he could have made album of the decade in Aftermath but he forgot two things

1) No one cares about solo albums. I don't even care about JBJs solo albums. Its Bon Jovi everyone fell in love with. When asked about their solo albums the Manic St Preachers said - Weve learnt one thing about releasing solo albums...They don't sell and no ones interested.

2) Richie Sambora is Bon Jovi's lead guitarist and has been for 30 years. Nothings gonna change that and that's what fans want to see. If he left Jovi he would be forgotten about within months. Its a shame but look at his solo album and tour - it didn't exactly set the world alight. Why? See point 1.

steel_horse75 07-10-2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai (Post 1145816)
Dude, I like you, but for the love of god read on. Jesscardy's head's probably gonna explode now!

Have I missed something? That post made no sense to me!

Chris_Newton 07-10-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1145818)
Have I missed something? That post made no sense to me!

i'm waiting for the penny to drop lol :D

steel_horse75 07-10-2013 09:52 PM

you will all be waiting a while.

Was it sarcastic?

Chris_Newton 07-10-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1145822)

Was it sarcastic?

lol yes mate...dont worry you were not the only one that fell for it :D

nickolai 07-10-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1145822)

Was it sarcastic?

Badabing! lol

nickolai 07-10-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris_Newton (Post 1145823)
lol yes mate...dont worry you were not the only one that fell for it :D

Guilty as charged

Chris_Newton 07-10-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai (Post 1145825)
Guilty as charged

hahahahaha.......all good fun

jovigirlCT 07-10-2013 10:03 PM

Jessy - sorry, guess I have to go back and read more of your comments.
Actually was more annoyed with Rolo's stupid comment and you got caught in the "aftermath". Sorry

Crushgen24/88 07-10-2013 10:11 PM

Once again, Richie's tweets are making sound like an ass. If his artistic integrity was so important, than he shouldn't have put his name on WAN and shouldn't have gone out on the tour. Once he did, "artistic integrity" lost any and all merit as a reason to leave the tour. As far as Aftermath, personally I don't find it to have any more soul than WAN. And if Richie was so damn proud of it, he shouldn't have canceled his dates last year due to sales. Honestly, I think this whole thing sounds more and more like Richie had a fit (and probably a fight with Jon, who I'm sure acting like a press diva) that he "poured his heart and soul into AOTLD yet it sold 11 copies and he had to cancel tours, while WAN was (comparatively) successful and the Jovi machine just rolled along.

ben 07-10-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1145800)
Thank goodness! It was starting to feel like one of those movie scenarios where everybody else on the planet seem to live in a different dimension and you slowly reach the point of madness 'cause nobody gets you. LOL

oh don't worry dear! I get you and your sense of humor! you'll always have my support and unconditional love:) truly

rolo_tomachi 07-10-2013 10:19 PM

BON JOVI FACEBOOK

Stadium Stage!

Jon Bon Jovi is coming home to the Tri-state area for shows on July 25th and 27th! Here is your chance to WIN four tickets to see him at MetLife Stadium! NO comments OR wall posts will be considered! Winner will be randomly selected each week. Click the "Like" Button on the linked page to reveal the entry form. http://bit.ly/Jovi_Tix

-------------------------------------------

Jon Bon Jovi? .....mmmmm... What happened with David and Tico?

http://s2.subirimagenes.com/otros/pr..._8531488me.jpg

jessycardy 07-10-2013 10:26 PM

Oh, I'm so glad I was busy replying in the General section of the board while all that happened, so it was all cleared on my behalf in the meantime! Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovigirlCT (Post 1145828)
Jessy - sorry, guess I have to go back and read more of your comments.
Actually was more annoyed with Rolo's stupid comment and you got caught in the "aftermath". Sorry

No problem, all is clear, all is good now! ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ben (Post 1145831)
oh don't worry dear! I get you and your sense of humor! you'll always have my support and unconditional love:) truly

Awww. Never doubted. LOL

jessycardy 07-10-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1145834)

That's Richie in your picture. Fail.

ben 07-10-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

BON JOVI FACEBOOK

Stadium Stage!

Jon Bon Jovi is coming home to the Tri-state area for shows on July 25th and 27th! Here is your chance to WIN four tickets to see him at MetLife Stadium! NO comments OR wall posts will be considered! Winner will be randomly selected each week. Click the "Like" Button on the linked page to reveal the entry form. http://bit.ly/Jovi_Tix

kinda similar post from MetLife's twitter... only welcome Jon in NJ?

MetLife Stadium ‏@MLStadium 9 Jul

Good afternoon @BonJovi FANS! We will be welcoming Jon back home in grand fashion with some awesome TICKET GIVEAWAYS! Stay tuned!

bounce442 07-10-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

BON JOVI FACEBOOK

Stadium Stage!

Oh wow... We have all seen this crap before. It doesn't help that the band's official fan club is "Backstage with JBJ". IF Richie feels like a lesser part of Bon Jovi, it's no wonder why... and it's amazing he put up with it as long as he did (still, no excuse for bolting before the tour was over). Like someone said above, and I'm paraphrasing, it's not about Jon or Richie, it's about the band, and posts like this from the band really irritate me.

Lisa71 07-10-2013 10:50 PM

Quote:

BON JOVI FACEBOOK

Stadium Stage!

The Bon Jovi facebook page didn't write that, they SHARED the link. It was the MetLife Stadium's page who wrote Jon Bon Jovi. You will notice that when the Bon Jovi FB page does talk about the Chicago show and how they will kick off the US tour, they write Bon Jovi.

milomom 07-10-2013 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 1145830)
And if Richie was so damn proud of it, he shouldn't have canceled his dates last year due to sales

This. Don't try to sell me the "I'm all about my solo album" line when you dumped us high and dry last year. Shows can be moved to smaller venues if you really give a damn about your fans, and if you can't bring yourself to do that for ego reasons, at least don't lie your ass off about WHY the shows are being axed.

I have a hard time believing this is about anything other than the almighty dollar, but of course that's total speculation. It's long past time for Richie to realize that holding out isn't going to work and either 1) do whatever has to be done to get his spot in Bon Jovi back if he still wants it or 2) man up and say that it's over and he's out. I'm done actually caring which path he takes. At this point, I'm only here because I'm morbidly curious. My how things change. :(

Becky 07-10-2013 11:16 PM

Well, this should at least end the speculation that he's not "allowed" to promote his solo album.

I'm almost to the point where I don't care if he comes back or not. I'm tired of the bs and wish it would end one way or the other. If he wants to be in the band, he needs to come back already. If he doesn't, he needs to make it official. Stop leaving fans hanging.

ben 07-10-2013 11:30 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RICHIE :p :new-bday:

Captain_jovi 07-10-2013 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milomom (Post 1145843)
This. Don't try to sell me the "I'm all about my solo album" line when you dumped us high and dry last year. Shows can be moved to smaller venues if you really give a damn about your fans, and if you can't bring yourself to do that for ego reasons, at least don't lie your ass off about WHY the shows are being axed.

I have a hard time believing this is about anything other than the almighty dollar, but of course that's total speculation. It's long past time for Richie to realize that holding out isn't going to work and either 1) do whatever has to be done to get his spot in Bon Jovi back if he still wants it or 2) man up and say that it's over and he's out. I'm done actually caring which path he takes. At this point, I'm only here because I'm morbidly curious. My how things change. :(

This. The next time someone jumps on my back for not being supportive of Richie when we don't know the reason, I'm sending them to you. For people to think Richie's activity over the last year is why we're annoyed is insane. My annoyance from the Aftermath fiasco bled over into this and just compiled into "Give me a break" territory. Don't want to tell me why you're not on tour? Fine, but I shouldn't be expected to guess reasons why it's acceptable.