Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Anything Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69483)

Nige 10-06-2023 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanosBonJovi (Post 1285949)
There's a rumor going on that a Bon Jovi concert is in line for 2024 in Greece. But I don't know if the source is credible.

That rumour comes up before every single tour. And it's been false every time.

PanosBonJovi 10-09-2023 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nige (Post 1285963)
That rumour comes up before every single tour. And it's been false every time.

That's not true. The only time there was a rumour about Bon Jovi in Greece in the recent years was the 2011 which also happened.

In Greece we love spreading rumours mostly about Bruce Springsteen and The Stones :cool:

But I don't think it's a valid rumor or even anything exists on that matter. I don't think Bon Jovi will be in Europe in 2024 at all.
Especially with the Olympic Games in France and Euro 2024 in Germany, would be hard to find available dates I'd suppose.

DryCounty 11-03-2023 02:24 PM

I've had som real cravings for You're Not My Lover the last couple of days. I especially like Witness version a lot more than Dalton's recording. I know it has aged quite poorly and sounds very eighties but what a powerful song it is. The chorus had some real hit potential in the right hands.

The story about Bon Jovi trying to stop Dalton from releasing the song because they wanted to release it themselves on their next album is also a interesting story. I have a hard time believing they would actually include the song on New Jersey, but it's a cool "what-if" what a Bon Jovi version of the song would have sounded like around New Jersey.

Anyway, here's Witness version for those who haven't heard it.

Alphavictim 11-03-2023 08:45 PM

Somehow the chorus gives me Because The Night vibes. I never noticed this about the Dalton version; I wonder if it's just the sound of the keys or her voice.

nikos greece 11-16-2023 06:50 PM

was looking around to listen to the new Christmas song and while i was browsing in Spotify i realised that BJ are still one of the most listened rock artists worldwide..
with more than 26 mil monthly listeners and bigger numbers than bands like metallica u2 aerosmith and van valen. in fact the only rock band in their category with even better stats were only guns n roses.
i didnt check everyone but i think these stats speak volume about their catalogue and status..

semigoodlooking 11-16-2023 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikos greece (Post 1286432)
was looking around to listen to the new Christmas song and while i was browsing in Spotify i realised that BJ are still one of the most listened rock artists worldwide..
with more than 26 mil monthly listeners and bigger numbers than bands like metallica u2 aerosmith and van valen. in fact the only rock band in their category with even better stats were only guns n roses.
i didnt check everyone but i think these stats speak volume about their catalogue and status..

The only one of them I am surprised about is U2. The rest, it is reasonable to assume Bon Jovi would have more listens. It makes sense that a rock band that focuses on a pop-oriented sound - and became the most popular of those types of bands - would continue that status into streaming.

Thinny 11-16-2023 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlooking (Post 1286438)
The only one of them I am surprised about is U2. The rest, it is reasonable to assume Bon Jovi would have more listens. It makes sense that a rock band that focuses on a pop-oriented sound - and became the most popular of those types of bands - would continue that status into streaming.

U2 is definitely suprising, but I would have thought Metallica would have had more too. You don't get bigger as a metal band, and they seem to be huge in every single country. Something to remember though is that these kind of bands still sell a lot of physical media and the fans still listen to them in that from rather than spotify. Metal is still huge on Vinyl and to a lesser extent CDs.

semigoodlooking 11-16-2023 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1286439)
U2 is definitely suprising, but I would have thought Metallica would have had more too. You don't get bigger as a metal band, and they seem to be huge in every single country. Something to remember though is that these kind of bands still sell a lot of physical media and the fans still listen to them in that from rather than spotify. Metal is still huge on Vinyl and to a lesser extent CDs.

Perhaps Metallica is still more niche than Bon Jovi. They are massive and do stadium tours though, so I don't know. Metallica is bigger and more relevant than Bon Jovi, so yeah it is surprising. I guess it would be more telling to see which songs contribute to those listens. For example, more people listening to the wider catalog or just spamming Livin On A Prayer or It's My Life.

nikos greece 11-16-2023 10:17 PM

the last years have been tough for the band, they havent been in the spotlight and these numbers are impressive!!
furthermore i believe a big factor is that many of the hits have withstood the test of time, the production sounds powerfull and many of these songs aged gracefully..

PanosBonJovi 11-17-2023 10:08 AM

Bon Jovi, U2 and Springsteen especially after 2007 were also considered as gigantic live acts too. Massive tours, massive earnings and consecutive sold outs. I think Bon Jovi were number 1 touring act for like 3 times in a row?

The only artist to outperform them is pretty much Taylor Swift right now which is a phenomenon on its own. I've never been to a concert of her to know what's all the enthusiasm about, but I do like her old tunes.