Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Richie Sambora!!! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70391)

jon-flp 02-28-2021 01:56 AM

Can someone tell me what's jerry's message? I'm blocked by him on twitter (don't know why)

YOVANAfromPeru 02-28-2021 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon-flp (Post 1272724)
Can someone tell me what's jerry's message? I'm blocked by him on twitter (don't know why)

Jerry: In a serious 7800 mood today, such a great and underrated album! I truly feel this was the album where @BonJovi was almost finding their definitive sound before Slippery. Such amazing songs on this album.

YOVANAfromPeru 02-28-2021 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1272723)
How very odd. Richie wasn't even tagged in this, so why choose to respond?

I don't recall Richie really saying anything positive about 7800 previously. He always said that he felt like he and Jon had not yet found their groove writing songs together....

There's a Jon's old quote (1986) where he talks about Richie being more involved.
"Richie Sambora and I wrote this whole album together with the exception of one tune called Wild In The Streets that I penned by myself, otherwise he and I co-wrote the rest of the album and it was important to bring him into a spotlight this year, because he really is a great guitar player and has been a little overshadowed by the media because he's not one of those guitar players that goes out to play 16 notes in one measure, you know; he'd rather play one and gets a melody across so he doesn't have to be one of the speed kings and it's more important melody wise to us."

Javier 02-28-2021 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1272722)
Hahahah I'm laughing and I don't even know why. Any ideas why that would be his response?

Also...how. How how how how how is he even getting replies from RICHIE who isn't anywhere close to the band's organization?

I'm laughing at how sarcastic that response is. Like "no shit we were finding our groove before Slippery, it's the album that came BEFORE!!!" But maybe that's my passive-aggressive self seeing that XD....

steel_horse75 02-28-2021 11:01 AM

Wonder if there’s a day where Jerry doesn’t think about Bon Jovi?
It’s the BSB all over again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Captain_jovi 02-28-2021 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1272727)
I'm laughing at how sarcastic that response is. Like "no shit we were finding our groove before Slippery, it's the album that came BEFORE!!!" But maybe that's my passive-aggressive self seeing that XD....

That's what I kind of thought too but responding like that goes so far beyond the stuff Richie usually responds with, ya know? Real interesting to see either way.

JoviForever 02-28-2021 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1272730)
That's what I kind of thought too but responding like that goes so far beyond the stuff Richie usually responds with, ya know? Real interesting to see either way.

Maybe Richie knows that Jerry is up Jon’s arse!

Captain_jovi 02-28-2021 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviForever (Post 1272731)
Maybe Richie knows that Jerry is up Jon’s arse!

I know you're making a joke but dude doesn't seem like the most tech-savvy person especially when it comes to social media. It'a always been very clear when the tweets came from him or his team.

He's a guy who really needs a strong support team behind him.

jon-flp 03-01-2021 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1272725)
Jerry: In a serious 7800 mood today, such a great and underrated album! I truly feel this was the album where @BonJovi was almost finding their definitive sound before Slippery. Such amazing songs on this album.

Thanks Yovana!!

rolo_tomachi 03-01-2021 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonboy25 (Post 1272721)

Wait... Is he the same Jerry that I think he is?

https://64.media.tumblr.com/bd1afb18...9pmwo1_500.gif

However, I love 7800º Fahrenheit.