Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

jovigirlCT 07-13-2013 07:28 PM

One of the Richie fans on twitter just tweeted that Rumorfix is reporting that Richie and Nikki just signed with HSN for their clothing line.

Mysterytrain 07-13-2013 07:37 PM

I wonder if they are going to perform their dance/club music on HSN now lol...

Also, Rumor Fix seems to be Richie's medium of choice for 'official' news regarding himself, for what that's worth...

Sissy3 07-13-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovigirlCT (Post 1146272)
One of the Richie fans on twitter just tweeted that Rumorfix is reporting that Richie and Nikki just signed with HSN for their clothing line.

Thank goodness I shop on QVC! :D

ticos_stick 07-13-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

I'm trying to find a **** that I can give regarding this news.

JoviJovi 07-13-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1146284)
I'm trying to find a **** that I can give regarding this news.

Here you go: http://rumorfix.com/2013/07/richie-s...hsn-exclusive/

milomom 07-13-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1146286)

*snort* I'm pretty that that word that was blocked wasn't "link"! :p

JoviJovi 07-13-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milomom (Post 1146290)
*snort* I'm pretty that that word that was blocked wasn't "link"! :p

HA!! That's what I get for skimming and not reading. I need to go back to bed I think.

I read it as f'n link, and the word link isn't even there :/

milomom 07-13-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1146292)
HA!! That's what I get for skimming and not reading. I need to go back to bed I think.

I read it as f'n link, and the word link isn't even there :/

Hey, it was good for a chuckle!

WillRunForChocolate 07-13-2013 08:55 PM

Quote:

Oh. My. God. Richie totally lost any cool factor he still had left. :(

jessycardy 07-13-2013 09:16 PM

I thought it was actually "new" news. They just wrote a new article about that interview we've already discussed...

Mysterytrain 07-13-2013 09:25 PM

Didn't Bon Jovi once promote one of their albums on HSN and that the promotion was a massive failure? (thought I heard that mentioned here once)

Becky 07-13-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1146306)
Didn't Bon Jovi once promote one of their albums on HSN and that the promotion was a massive failure? (thought I heard that mentioned here once)

Yes, Bounce. I don't know if it was a "massive failure" but the fanbase thought it was pretty cheesy move.

Mysterytrain 07-13-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1146307)
Yes, Bounce. I don't know if it was a "massive failure" but the fanbase thought it was pretty cheesy move.

Ok; maybe 'massive failure' is my memory of reading what was instead 'fan disdain' lol

Captain_jovi 07-13-2013 09:51 PM

T'was on QVC, yeah. I remember watching it live. Dreadful.

Mysterytrain 07-13-2013 10:46 PM

I just saw a picture of Richie and Rob Hallett (head of AEG Live Uk) on Facebook. The Tweet said this:

Rob Hallett (head of @AEG_Live uk) and @TheRealSambora enjoying the incredible @RollingStones tonight!

Does AEG have something to do with the Jovi shows that were in the UK? (I'm dense about this, but I recognize the company name). If so, seems he and Richie are on good terms, despite Richie not being on tour.

Alphavictim 07-13-2013 10:48 PM

Some of the QVC stuff is on Youtube. I'd rather not watch through it, though.

jessycardy 07-13-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1146324)
I just saw a picture of Richie and Rob Hallett (head of AEG Live Uk) on Facebook. The Tweet said this:

Rob Hallett (head of @AEG_Live uk) and @TheRealSambora enjoying the incredible @RollingStones tonight!

Does AEG have something to do with the Jovi shows that were in the UK? (I'm dense about this, but I recognize the company name). If so, seems he and Richie are on good terms, despite Richie not being on tour.

If I'm not mistaken, AEG had to do with the US and the UK dates of this tour. Interesting, thanks for posting.

jessycardy 07-13-2013 11:06 PM

Conspiracies, conspiracies... If I got it right, the original tweet was on the British Summer Time page, got retweeted or quoted by another AEG Live person and then apparently was deleted (if you try to open the picture from that link, it won't work).

https://twitter.com/simon_AEGlive/st...48828988129280

The picture had already been grabbed by others, of course:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BPFPcAhCUAABMuH.jpg

baileybums 07-13-2013 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1146332)
Conspiracies, conspiracies... If I got it right, the original tweet was on the British Summer Time page, got retweeted or quoted by another AEG Live person and then apparently was deleted (if you try to open the picture from that link, it won't work).

https://twitter.com/simon_AEGlive/st...48828988129280

The picture had already been grabbed by others, of course:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BPFPcAhCUAABMuH.jpg

So he was actually there , . What a twat. .

ticos_stick 07-13-2013 11:24 PM

So Richie can fly around the world and be in the same location as the band within a day or so yet still can't play?

It can only mean one thing. He's allergic to Jon's hair piece! :eek:

Bounce7800 07-13-2013 11:25 PM

You're a week late Richie!

milomom 07-13-2013 11:39 PM

Well isn't that just a kick in the teeth? I'll say it again, how anyone can believe this is anything but a stand-off over something within the band astounds me. Of course, I haven't been drinking much Kool-Aid lately, so maybe that explains it.

MellyMel 07-13-2013 11:40 PM

It feels like he is just trying to irritate the fans!

milomom 07-13-2013 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MellyMel (Post 1146340)

I'd say that he's succeeding. :mad:

efiste2 07-13-2013 11:46 PM

This is takin the piss now , you can't let down your own fans, then turn up a week later to watch gig , even the blinkered Jon haters must feel let down by this
I

baileybums 07-13-2013 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MellyMel (Post 1146340)

This is exactly true . . . It literally seems like he's just sticking his fingers up to the fans . . What a wanker . . I really don't care for him now ,, .

crashed 07-14-2013 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by efiste2 (Post 1146342)
This is takin the piss now , you can't let down your own fans, then turn up a week later to watch gig , even the blinkered Jon haters must feel let down by this
I

A week later? The Stones played the night after Bon Jovi.

baileybums 07-14-2013 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1146347)
A week later? The Stones played the night after Bon Jovi.

They also play tonight . Stones are doing two shows

crashed 07-14-2013 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baileybums (Post 1146348)
They also play tonight . Stones are doing two shows

Ah ok, didn't know that.

baileybums 07-14-2013 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1146349)
Ah ok, didn't know that.

Me wither . . Just searched it . ..would have been awesome if bonjovi did tomorrow and closed the event .. Seems as though they opened it

Bounce7800 07-14-2013 12:13 AM

I know there will still be plenty who'll defend him to the death, but that's such a slap in the face it's almost funny. You could excuse this sort of shit if there was a personal or medical reason but no matter how much we try and believe it, there's just no way it's the case. It's a very misguided move, certainly to be photographed and tagged there given the band played there just a week ago.

Again, all this would be fine if he didn't just bail mid tour, going on a European holiday and checking out gigs whilst the fans, in a hard economic climate, forked out a lot to see you and the band, is the equivalent of posting party pics when off sick from work. I'll always adore the man for his part of bon Jovi and his solo work over the last 30 years but I've lost so much respect since shepherds Bush.

Sambo-Chris 07-14-2013 12:29 AM

Should he stay at home and cry his eyes out ? Good that he has a life after bon Jovi. Glad that he is healthy and the reason for his absence was Not a heart Attack or something like this.

Bounce7800 07-14-2013 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sambo-Chris (Post 1146353)
Should he stay at home and cry his eyes out ? Good that he has a life after bon Jovi. Glad that he is healthy and the reason for his absence was Not a heart Attack or something like this.

It's not after bon Jovi though it's during bon Jovi. During a tour his fans have paid for. If he announces he's out he can do what he likes but he hasn't done that.

The Rock 07-14-2013 12:37 AM

Quote:

Last I heard, he was still in Bon Jovi, when did it become life after Bon Jovi? Regardless of what fans think or what the outcome of all this is (even though it could be obvious) he is still officially a member of the band. This is a slap in the face to the fans.

Sambo-Chris 07-14-2013 12:39 AM

As is alec .

Sissy3 07-14-2013 12:40 AM

He certainly isn't expected to stay at home but he also doesn't have to tweet and do photo ops at every opportunity. It just seems like another 'eff you from Richie to the fans. He's not where he needs to be, with his band mates. At this point I don't why this crap still bothers me. :neutral:

Panda 07-14-2013 12:49 AM

Quote:

Typical Richie lover response.

jessycardy 07-14-2013 12:52 AM

This Alec crap is getting old. Anybody who keeps bringing that up has to know that's bullshit. And I'm not even gonna waste my time trying to explain why. You all know why and there's no delusion big enough to make you actually believe in that kind of comparison.

You can say we don't know, you can say you love him no matter what, you can say a lot of things, but playing the Alec card will just make you look desperate and without any real valid arguments.

Mysterytrain 07-14-2013 12:58 AM

While I don't know, I suspect that Richie is not pre-plotting these photo ops; he's probably not thinking about how fans would perceive them at all. I mean, the "PR" in this mess has been incredibly shoddy, which to me says that there is no PR plan, or way to 'spin' things to look positive. They're doing a spectacular job going the other direction.

If this is about an issue with Jon or within the band, it's possible he's directing his increased visibility at them, as if to say: "See? My life goes on and I'm happy."

But I don't even know if he's vindictive in that way: It's possible he's unaware of what some people are saying and is just "living his life". It just is perceived by the average, media-savvy fan as a slap in the face. I'm not saying that I don't understand or agree with that perception, because it seems like that to me, too. Yet, I don't know if that is how /he/ is intending it.

Either way, this whole saga should be published as "PR Crisis Management: What 'We Don't Have a Plan' Looks Like." Whether perceived or real, every misstep you could make has happened, and keeps happening.

As for whether he is still in the band, both he and Jon have said he is. Richie has said, "Jon and I rely on each other." He's floated the idea of returning to the tour by September. Until I hear otherwise, I'll hold onto hope he is still truly a member (and performer) in the band.

jessycardy 07-14-2013 01:10 AM

I said I wasn't gonna go into why bringing Alec up is bullshit, but dammit, I have to say one thing or I'll implode.

When things started getting ugly between Alec and the band, the very first thing Alec decided was to not take part in the Keep The Faith Tour. But he didn't! And he was still an official member until "Cross Road", doing photoshoots, promo and all the rest.
And no, he's not an official member anymore, by the way. He just hasn't been officially replaced, which is a whooole different thing.