Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2 Very Special Bon Jovi Projects (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68524)

Rdkopper 06-28-2014 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1179371)
ok, look your pm, warn that song is patched for fill the void. It's just a test.

I sent you a private PM. I mixed the leaked version with the new demo. So much better. I think it came out awesome!

Send me your email so I could send you the song and then you could post it for me here. I also added some missing vocals during certain verses.

BonJovi100 06-28-2014 02:22 AM

God "Love Hurts" stole my heart! I wasn't big fan of this demo but I fell in love with this new, clean version! And beggining is masterpiece :)

I just think that we got "Does anybody really.." in version which they made in New Jersey session. They re record it later for Cher and it's not logic to put version which we know many years. I have no problem with this new version. It' empty and sound like early demo. I prefer to have 2 different version than 1 :)

Pstmatt 06-28-2014 02:35 AM

NJ Super Deluxe is in my hands!

I love it. it's awesome. been spending most of time on disc 2, so i havent watched the DVD yet. not like havent seen it before. Anyway its nice. The book is nice. In my opinion its a well done package!

ezearis 06-28-2014 02:36 AM

Did anyone noticed that the Backdoor to Heaven had a sound drop on the beginning, when Jon starts singing and than this version seems to have something weird on that part? Seems that they used the very same recording and fixed that.

The Northern Cowboy 06-28-2014 02:36 AM

A little pissed. Release date for both Amazon and HMV here in Canada set back to July 8th. WHY?

danfan 06-28-2014 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1179377)
I sent you a private PM. I mixed the leaked version with the new demo. So much better. I think it came out awesome!

Send me your email so I could send you the song and then you could post it for me here. I also added some missing vocals during certain verses.

Where did you get the "I know"s from?

danfan 06-28-2014 03:21 AM

Good - We needed another thread for this.

Rdkopper 06-28-2014 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1179387)
Where did you get the "I know"s from?

I've been mixing from different sources all day.

danfan 06-28-2014 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1179390)
I've been mixing from different sources all day.

I think the only way to do the song justice is to find a pro and have them remaster and clean up the original. The version on the disc is just add one inferior.

At the same time I'd give them Nothing to fix as well.

I'm gonna see if I can find someone. I'll keep everyone posted.

Rdkopper 06-28-2014 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1179392)
I think the only way to do the song justice is to find a pro and have them remaster and clean up the original. The version on the disc is just add one inferior.

At the same time I'd give them Nothing to fix as well.

I'm gonna see if I can find someone. I'll keep everyone posted.

You might be right.

The problem is, if you use the I Knows from the Deluxe Edition, they mix perfectly but Jon's voice goes lower instead of higher. It sounds weird.

If you mix the Deluxe and the leaked version together, you hear the difference. When mixing sources like this, they really need to blend in and out together, besides sounding somewhat similar.

I've been going nuts all day with this. Just when you think u got it, you go back and listen and realize that it's off. frustrating.

life_of_agony 06-28-2014 06:11 AM

I downloaded the deluxe issue through iTunes this morning because I am impatient waiting for the Super Deluxe edition to be delivered.
Absolutely frigging love it. You almost forget how damn good Jovi were back in the day.
And on another positive note, my expectation that "Let's Make It Baby" would have a certain lyric changed to "I want to b...b...b...bounce you" didn't come into fruition. So yeah. Kudos.

SuperBrad 06-28-2014 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Northern Cowboy (Post 1179384)
A little pissed. Release date for both Amazon and HMV here in Canada set back to July 8th. WHY?

In Aussie land its changed from 27th june to 4 July ! Pissed too ...... Glad itunes still came thru ;)

SuperBrad 06-28-2014 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by life_of_agony (Post 1179396)
I downloaded the deluxe issue through iTunes this morning because I am impatient waiting for the Super Deluxe edition to be delivered.
Absolutely frigging love it. You almost forget how damn good Jovi were back in the day.
And on another positive note, my expectation that "Let's Make It Baby" would have a certain lyric changed to "I want to b...b...b...bounce you" didn't come into fruition. So yeah. Kudos.

I thought for sure they would have changed that too ..... All good !

Stut 06-28-2014 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperBrad (Post 1179399)
In Aussie land its changed from 27th june to 4 July ! Pissed too ......

Same thing in Finland. Annoying!

SuperBrad 06-28-2014 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1179330)
I'd pay the full price of the CD to hear the original version cleaned up.

Did I hear Love Is War was different from the B-side of Living in Sin?

Its the same .....

Iceman 06-28-2014 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1179364)
As far as I know, Ozzy Osbourne replaced the bass lines of some albums so he didn't had to pay royalties to a former member of his band. If the re-recorded the bass and removed the chorus, they wouldn't have to pay nothing at all..

Yes, Sharon actually did that, for both bass and drums. But that was my point, you can't get away with not paying royalties by just muting a vocal line, you'd need to erase ALL of Alec's playing and singing AND replace them with someone else's. And the vocal line muted is sung by Jon, not Alec. And they would have to do that to all the tracks, so I don't buy that.

[QUOTE=ezearis;1179364
Still, I don't think that it's the case of this album. Probably Obie it's too retarded to realize that the other version it's better or Jon didn't liked something on it; or maybe, as it was said, that high quality demo was lost or in poor quality to be released.[/QUOTE]

I don't think Obie makes these sort of calls on his own. Jon will have input. But maybe Obie wanted to use different takes than on the leaked demos, as "everyone" has those already. Or maybe Jon vetoed some takes for his own reasons. Like Starting All Over Again. Instead of the finished vocal and mix, we get one where Jon has a cold and pieces of the arrangement are missing, because "it had a better feel". I would've preferred the released version, but it's not my choice to make.

Ice

jovifan93 06-28-2014 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1179395)
You might be right.

The problem is, if you use the I Knows from the Deluxe Edition, they mix perfectly but Jon's voice goes lower instead of higher. It sounds weird.

If you mix the Deluxe and the leaked version together, you hear the difference. When mixing sources like this, they really need to blend in and out together, besides sounding somewhat similar.

I've been going nuts all day with this. Just when you think u got it, you go back and listen and realize that it's off. frustrating.

Yeah, me too. Once I got the tempo and pitch right, it went fine until the first chorus and afterwards it just wouldn't fit since it are obviously different takes.

Did you take a listen to my cleaned up version of the "old" version? Maybe you could use that to blend it in or do some additional processing on that one?

rolo_tomachi 06-28-2014 11:20 AM

It is impossible to make a good mix with the old demo. I improved the audio, filling the track, so it does not feel empty. I used the "I Know" from Jon at the end of the song to fill the gaps. This is the best I could do. This is the third mix that I have done.

In the description of this Youtube video is the download link.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEtq...ature=youtu.be

Finally I can live with this, now feels more complete. Thoughts...

SuperBrad 06-28-2014 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 1179405)
Yes, Sharon actually did that, for both bass and drums. But that was my point, you can't get away with not paying royalties by just muting a vocal line, you'd need to erase ALL of Alec's playing and singing AND replace them with someone else's. And the vocal line muted is sung by Jon, not Alec. And they would have to do that to all the tracks, so I don't buy that.

I don't think Obie makes these sort of calls on his own. Jon will have input. But maybe Obie wanted to use different takes than on the leaked demos, as "everyone" has those already. Or maybe Jon vetoed some takes for his own reasons. Like Starting All Over Again. Instead of the finished vocal and mix, we get one where Jon has a cold and pieces of the arrangement are missing, because "it had a better feel". I would've preferred the released version, but it's not my choice to make.

Ice

Dumb question here , but does Alec get any royalties ? From this or any other stuff ?

jovifan93 06-28-2014 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1179409)
It is impossible to make a good mix with the old demo. I improved the audio, filling the track, so it does not feel empty. I used the "I Know" from Jon at the end of the song to fill the gaps. This is the best I could do. This is the third mix that I have done.

Sounds good, but there is a unfitting key change in the "got to find somebody" line before the second "I know"s. And I just don't like that lower melody in the chorus, but that's due to the new version, not due to you ;-)

rolo_tomachi 06-28-2014 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1179412)
Sounds good, but there is a unfitting key change in the "got to find somebody" line before the second "I know"s. And I just don't like that lower melody in the chorus, but that's due to the new version, not due to you ;-)

True, the old demo was perfect in that regard.

Lucas_Roli 06-28-2014 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1179409)

This sounds great for me! Thanks alot man.
But right after the ''solo'' you it's ''I said hey,i'll be alright cause i know that someone...'' not ''I said hey love ain't no crime cause i know that someone...'',I think you mixed up the lyrics here.

Since I can remember singing along to this song back in 2013 when I discovered it,I've always singed the I know's and ''Does anybody really give their heart to somebody'' in a similar key that Jon does here,cause I sounded like I was constipated when I was trying to hit those high notes :p

Rdkopper 06-28-2014 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1179406)
Yeah, me too. Once I got the tempo and pitch right, it went fine until the first chorus and afterwards it just wouldn't fit since it are obviously different takes.

Did you take a listen to my cleaned up version of the "old" version? Maybe you could use that to blend it in or do some additional processing on that one?

Your version is fantastic bty and yes, i've been using it all last night. You should do other songs.

Its only been a day and I'm not giving up.

danfan 06-28-2014 01:08 PM

If anyone really wants a challenge, there's a program called Audacity, that for the really initiated, can fix just about any song. I think taking the original demo and cleaning it up with that program is the best bet. Everybody's version they have worked on is as good as I can possibly imagine it getting. And I mean this with the utmost respect, but you can't shine shit, and unfortunately, that's what we got with this new version.

danfan 06-28-2014 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1179418)
Your version is fantastic bty and yes, i've been using it all last night. You should do other songs.

You can't do any more man. Like I said above, it's not you, it's the material.

jovifan93 06-28-2014 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1179418)

Thanks man! :-) But as danfan said, I fear it won't get much better than that. Maybe someone with more knowledge and expertise could do some 10% more, but I guess that's it.

As for other songs, it's a little hit and miss with me ;-) I tried messing around with those Cadillac Man recordings a couple of weeks ago when the topic arose, but only made things worse :-D

I could only use the same settings I got on the other demos, but the versions we got now are far superior (except for Does Anybody Really), so why bother?

I too like to have that second version, but I would've preferred the other one or both, since I think the "new" version just lacks all the power that made the song. So it's not just a matter of editing the "I know"s back in, you would have to change the second line of the chorus as well, blend the solo in with the new backing tracks, etc.

As I said before, if someone could somehow "edit" out the vocals on the new version (I know it can be done, though probably only if the vocals are centered, but I don't know how to do it), I could just mix both versions together and adjust the speed/timing here and there, that sounded surprisingly good when I tried yesterday. Just Jon's lower melody in the chorus needs to go for it to work, otherwise you have two Jons and one Richie singing ;-)

rolo_tomachi 06-28-2014 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucas_Roli (Post 1179417)
This sounds great for me! Thanks alot man.
But right after the ''solo'' you it's ''I said hey,i'll be alright cause i know that someone...'' not ''I said hey love ain't no crime cause i know that someone...'',I think you mixed up the lyrics here.

Since I can remember singing along to this song back in 2013 when I discovered it,I've always singed the I know's and ''Does anybody really give their heart to somebody'' in a similar key that Jon does here,cause I sounded like I was constipated when I was trying to hit those high notes :p

Not confusing anything, just that line "i'll be alright" can not reproduce the same sound quality, unless you use the old demo, and the mix is not as good. So I use the other line.

Rdkopper 06-28-2014 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1179423)
Thanks man! :-) But as danfan said, I fear it won't get much better than that. Maybe someone with more knowledge and expertise could do some 10% more, but I guess that's it.

As for other songs, it's a little hit and miss with me ;-) I tried messing around with those Cadillac Man recordings a couple of weeks ago when the topic arose, but only made things worse :-D

I could only use the same settings I got on the other demos, but the versions we got now are far superior (except for Does Anybody Really), so why bother?

I too like to have that second version, but I would've preferred the other one or both, since I think the "new" version just lacks all the power that made the song. So it's not just a matter of editing the "I know"s back in, you would have to change the second line of the chorus as well, blend the solo in with the new backing tracks, etc.

As I said before, if someone could somehow "edit" out the vocals on the new version (I know it can be done, though probably only if the vocals are centered, but I don't know how to do it), I could just mix both versions together and adjust the speed/timing here and there, that sounded surprisingly good when I tried yesterday. Just Jon's lower melody in the chorus needs to go for it to work, otherwise you have two Jons and one Richie singing ;-)

Now that would be a huge undertaking! But someone with talent could get it done.

I've been chatting with Rolo_Tomachi privately and his results are identical to mine (his might even be a little better).

At the end of the day it's just a song. We have two version. A rough early stage demo in perfect quality and then an almost mastered one in decent quality. It's just disappointing because that's the one song which is probably the strongest of all material and the core of that collection.

In the meantime, we'll continue to plug away. The album hasn't even been released in the US yet and we've come so far in a day.

Did you try working on Rosie BTW? That version could use a once over ?

jovifan93 06-28-2014 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1179425)
Now that would be a huge undertaking! But someone with talent could get it done.

I've been chatting with Rolo_Tomachi privately and his results are identical to mine (his might even be a little better).

At the end of the day it's just a song. We have two version. A rough early stage demo in perfect quality and then an almost mastered one in decent quality. It's just disappointing because that's the one song which is probably the strongest of all material and the core of that collection.

In the meantime, we'll continue to plug away. The album hasn't even been released in the US yet and we've come so far in a day.

Rosie? Which version? Do you have a YouTube link?

BTW, I could add a little more clarity to my version. I really think that's as good as it's gonna get for now :-) New link is:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...9/DARFILA2.mp3

Lucas_Roli 06-28-2014 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1179425)

I don't know if you guys will like it but this is the way I like to listen to it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYEm...ature=youtu.be

I used Audacity but I had no ideea what I was doing,so I just modified the speed an pitch a little bit.

rolo_tomachi 06-28-2014 03:22 PM

Access All Areas: A Rock & Roll Odyssey DVD Preview #1

Rdkopper 06-28-2014 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucas_Roli (Post 1179431)
I don't know if you guys will like it but this is the way I like to listen to it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYEm...ature=youtu.be

I used Audacity but I had no ideea what I was doing,so I just modified the speed an pitch a little bit.

That speed actually works for me. Not bad for someone who has no idea what they are doing:D

Can you tighten it up a little? I'm not even sure what that means.... like add some clarity. It's a little bumpy in the beginning.

bj4ever_hdb 06-28-2014 04:28 PM

I cant believe how great Wild is the wind demo is. omg so heavy!

Rdkopper 06-28-2014 07:05 PM

I have an idea that just might work.

Pull the 'I knows' from the Cher version.

First of all, Jon and Richie produced it. Second, that even might be them. Listen closely, I don't hear Cher that much, if at all. Third, even if it is a backed up chorus, it could still work. Jon had girls backing him in Bang A Drum.

I think it's worth a shot. I think it work but someone who is good needs to blend it. Or even the Kane version too.

ezearis 06-28-2014 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bj4ever_hdb (Post 1179434)
I cant believe how great Wild is the wind demo is. omg so heavy!

I always loved that demo, and having it now in high quality it's a dream! Would've been great if they added the Living In Sin demo, as it was great, too.

Captain_jovi 06-28-2014 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1179439)
I have an idea that just might work.

Pull the 'I knows' from the Cher version.

First of all, Jon and Richie produced it. Second, that even might be them. Listen closely, I don't hear Cher that much, if at all. Third, even if it is a backed up chorus, it could still work. Jon had girls backing him in Bang A Drum.

I think it's worth a shot. I think it work but someone who is good needs to blend it. Or even the Kane version too.

You know, that's not a bad idea at all. If you'd rather a male voice you could pull it from the Kane Roberts version. Are all three version in the same key?

Meh, there's enough band songs with female backing vocals that I wouldn't think it's THAT weird. Pretty sure Dry County uses the ones Jon tends to use but I'm blanking on their names.

Rdkopper 06-28-2014 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1179442)
You know, that's not a bad idea at all. If you'd rather a male voice you could pull it from the Kane Roberts version. Are all three version in the same key?

Meh, there's enough band songs with female backing vocals that I wouldn't think it's THAT weird. Pretty sure Dry County uses the ones Jon tends to use but I'm blanking on their names.

The I knows are quick and vocally, high is high. You really can't tell they are women or Alec.:|

Anyway, its worth a shot.

rolo_tomachi 06-28-2014 09:07 PM

Kane version does not fit well. Cher version fits perfect. :D

Rdkopper 06-28-2014 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1179446)
Kane version does not fit well. Cher version fits perfect. :D

That's what I anticipated. Can't wait to hear it

ezearis 06-28-2014 09:43 PM

I don't know, but I think I could live with both versions. The 'new' demo it's interesing and I like it, and the original leaked demo doesn't have that bad of a quality.

Still, I wonder how your remixed versions might sound like.