Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Gabriel Shoes 04-28-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1125232)
Yep, abandoning a tour after tickets and travel plans were arranged sure puts him in the trooper category.

Oh yeah, really guys. How selfish can be a fan! If he's unhappy or went to this project against his will, then it's right thing to do to move away from Bon Jovi. I'm still his fan, and if you'd ask me now he gained a lot of more respect from me as a person, he finally stood for something he believes.

Captain_jovi 04-28-2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabriel Shoes (Post 1125260)
Oh yeah, really guys. How selfish can be a fan! If he's unhappy or went to this project against his will, then it's right thing to do to move away from Bon Jovi. I'm still his fan, and if you'd ask me now he gained a lot of more respect from me as a person, he finally stood for something he believes.

You're basing his reasons for leaving on theories you made up yourself. Where did he say he left because he's unhappy with the project or went against his will? He GAINED respect from you because he left the tour the day of a show and hasn't told anyone why?

linnea.cfc32_jovibandana 04-28-2013 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1125203)
Jon don't sing with his foot, right?

Richie continued to play in the "HAND Tour" with a broken arm, and He is a guitarist.

Sambora is "The Real Trooper".

Of course. Don't need to compare, was just sayin.

linnea.cfc32_jovibandana 04-28-2013 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1125249)
My feelings exactly. I supported Richie (not that it mattered) when he had alcohol problems, he was honest about it and so was the band.

Neither side is being honest this time. I can understand the rest of the band protecting their friend but I can't understand Richie letting this go on this long. And Jon has made it clear that the ball is in Richie's court.

I agree. I'm not really sure if I'm angry yet or just confused, but there should at least be some flippin honesty about what's happening!!!

linnea.cfc32_jovibandana 04-28-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabriel Shoes (Post 1125260)
he finally stood for something he believes.

Eh, except he didn't include the crucial part of actually stating what he believes in!
Had he done that, I would probably have agreed, but this is not the way to handle it.

nickolai 04-28-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linnea.cfc32_jovibandana (Post 1125263)
I agree. I'm not really sure if I'm angry yet or just confused, but there should at least be some flippin honesty about what's happening!!!

i get where you're coming from. But If you were going through something really personal would you want the whole world to know....look at it from that angle. Sometimes people just want their lives private for just a few minutes.

But i guess as a high profile celeb you aint gonna get that!

Rumen 04-28-2013 09:12 PM

I really don't get it… why do so many people complain about Richie and that "there is really no excuse for what he has done." A really good reason for Richie could be something really simple. Well, what if he just doesn't want to play with Jon and this band anymore…

They are working together for 30 years. I'm pretty sure Jon and Richie are not as close as they used to be. Maybe they were close in the past, but I really think at the moment they are nothing more than just colleagues. Forget all that "Brotherhood" bullshit. Also, don't forget that it's Jon's company. Jon is the boss with big "B". Maybe in 1986 the guys were a gang from New Jersey , but not anymore. According to Bob Rock since 1992 Jon is in charge and "They weren't "the gang" anymore – it was Jon and the band".

Just ask yourself: Do I really want a guitar player, who doesn't want to be there ? Do I really want an auto pilot guitar player, just because it's Richie?

I don't… plus when Richie isn't on stage, Jon really gets into the shows. He gives everything he's got and carries it, even when his voice sounds like shit.

That's just my two cents.

MrNickel 04-28-2013 09:13 PM

Not sure it matters, but lets not forget the band once did this....................

linnea.cfc32_jovibandana 04-28-2013 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rumen (Post 1125269)
I really don't get it… why so many people are complaining about Richie and that "there is really no excuse for what he has done." A really good reason for Richie could be something really simple. Well, what if he just doesn't want to play with Jon and this band anymore…

They are working together for 30 years. I'm pretty sure Jon and Richie are not as close as they used to be. Maybe they were close in the past, but I really think at the moment they are nothing more than just colleagues. Forget all that "Brotherhood" bullshit. Also, don't forget that it's Jon's company. Jon is the boss with big "B". Maybe in 1986 the guys were a gang from New Jersey , but not anymore. According to Bob Rock since 1992 Jon is in charge and "They weren't "the gang" anymore – it was Jon and the band".

Just ask yourself: Do I really want a guitar player, who doesn't want to be there ? Do I really want an auto pilot guitar player, just because it's Richie?

I don't… plus when Richie isn't on stage, Jon really gets into the shows. He gives everything he's got and carries it, even when his voice sounds like shit.

That's just my two cents.

I would definitely accept all that, if they'd just say so! That's the problem, the saying nothing.

Becky 04-28-2013 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNickel (Post 1125270)
Not sure it matters, but lets not forget the band once did this....................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjzsZP_ZmNo

They did one lip-synch show in South America where the music started playing before Richie was even on stage. It was hysterical.