Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

Adam D 02-24-2020 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1262027)

That was great. I'd love an MP3 of this version.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Dave88 02-24-2020 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1262027)

Gotta say your editing skills are pretty amazing.

tzane 02-24-2020 06:10 PM

Extended version is much better than original!!!! Thank u

MrNickel 02-24-2020 07:34 PM

Damn that extended version improves the song quite a bit. Video is better too, well done.

Speaking of videos, the videos for THINFS were really nicely shot and felt a bit more genuine. The Limitless video is too green screeny for my liking.

YOVANAfromPeru 02-24-2020 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1262023)
but the actual picture of Jon is terrible.

Nop, it's not terrible. I mean he's an ancient but a handsome one.
And he looks very thoughtful, and that's the point I think.

"The inspiration for the cover of Bon Jovi 2020 is a photo of John F. Kennedy, taken by Michael Ochs in August of 1962. It pictures the president reflecting both literally and figuratively upon a crowd in California. I saw this photo and wondered, what the president was thinking? Since there are so many socially conscious songs on the record and my admiration of the photo of JFK , I asked photographer Clay McBride to capture it as the cover of Bon Jovi 2020."

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/13...g?v=1582571531

liljovi93 02-24-2020 10:26 PM

He doesn't look thoughtful, he looks like he's about to burp.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

bjcrazycpa 02-25-2020 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1262042)
He doesn't look thoughtful, he looks like he's about to burp.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Ha ha Jay! You are hating on a song and video I happen to dig but dang this is funny. I like the cover too btw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jack27 02-25-2020 10:33 AM

Jon's just been on Radio 2 in the UK talking about the new album. Zoe Ball (radio presenter) said she heard it yesterday and it's something Bon Jovi fans will love (I know she has to say that). They played Limitless - Jon said it's the first time he's heard it on radio, which was a thrill). He said they wanted to put out something more familiar to the fan base rather than an Unbroken or Lower The Flag. He said it's not a sad album - it's just a snapshot of the current time.

james_d 02-25-2020 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack27 (Post 1262045)
Jon's just been on Radio 2 in the UK talking about the new album. Zoe Ball (radio presenter) said she heard it yesterday and it's something Bon Jovi fans will love (I know she has to say that). They played Limitless - Jon said it's the first time he's heard it on radio, which was a thrill). He said they wanted to put out something more familiar to the fan base rather than an Unbroken or Lower The Flag. He said it's not a sad album - it's just a snapshot of the current time.

I'm looking forward to Lower the Flag. Sounds like it could be quite interesting.

Alphavictim 02-25-2020 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1261983)
I'm getting a bit pissed off of hearing about Jon's vision for the band. That's CEO talk for Christ sake.

He has said as much before - that he _IS_ the CEO of the band. Which makes sense, seeing the merch prices.

Why he seems to think of himself as "the people's voice" in light of such actions, however, is baffling. Springsteen is a millionaire and 60+. He can pull it off, because he doesn't pull such statements out of his ass. There's is a humbleness about him that feels genuine, even if he knows what he is good at.

Bragging about being the most succesful touring act sure isn't that. (Something Richie also did and does quite a bit.)

Also, Rolo, that is a sweet edit. Gotta say, for all the crap people used to give you for being a total Richie fanboy, you just never let that get to you and obviously have a lot of love for the band still and quite an understanding of how music works. Major props for doing your thing no matter what, seriously.

Also, RDK is a doorknob.