Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Irakli 04-29-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadyLady (Post 1125334)
If you think the fans are unhappy being left in the dark, imagine what the promoters are feeling. They must be calling the Bon Jovi Management every day demanding news. They booked a Bon Jovi concert to make money not to have to discount tickets to get an audience in attendance.

I don't think promoters are really all that worried at the moment, at least not for this tour. While initially an announcement of his departure for this leg of the tour might have caused some concern, I think Phil X has been satisfactory as a temporary replacement (I think the reaction would be different if Bobby was filling in. Was anyone at the Puerto Rico show?) I mean, a lot of people at the shows refer to Bon Jovi as "him" and don't know anyone else that is in the band but for the lead singer.

I was at the San Jose show and I thought it was pretty boring but the Arena was packed and people were still really into the show. I saw a couple of people after the show pointing to the tour program and noticing that the guitar player was different but as a whole I don't think think it really matters at the moment when it comes to ticket sales and the quality of the show for the casual fan.

I can see Bon Jovi continuing on without Richie and releasing new material and touring. I wonder what an impact this would have on ticket sales. Hopefully we won't be confronted with such a scenario.

Supersonic 04-29-2013 11:28 AM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irakli (Post 1125371)
I don't think promoters are really all that worried at the moment, at least not for this tour. While initially an announcement of his departure for this leg of the tour might have caused some concern I think Phil X has been satisfactory as a temporary replacement. I mean, a lot of people at the shows refer to Bon Jovi as "him" and don't know anyone else that is in the band but for the lead singer.

I was at the San Jose show and I thought it was pretty boring but the Arena was packed and people were still really into the show. I saw a couple of people after the show pointing to the tour program and noticing that the guitar player was different but as a whole I don't think think it really matters at the moment when it comes to ticket sales and the quality of the show for the casual fan.

I can see Bon Jovi continuing on without Richie and releasing new material and touring. I wonder what an impact this would have on ticket sales. Hopefully we won't be confronted with such a scenario.

Plenty of shows received Groupon deals. For the show in Omaha over a 1.000 tickets were sold through Groupon, with some tickets costing only $15,- For San Jose, 410 tickets were sold through Groupon, so you've got to wonder how many were given away through other channels.

I think its fair to say promoters in Europe are worried about the whole thing as Bon Jovi haven't sold half the amount of tickets in certain markets like they usually sell (Lisbon, Berlin, Stuttgart). Richie not coming over won't help matters much either. They're not worried about the tickets they have sold, they worry for the tickets they aren't selling right now.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Irakli 04-29-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1125372)
Aloha !

Plenty of shows received Groupon deals. For the show in Omaha over a 1.000 tickets were sold through Groupon, with some tickets costing only $15,- For San Jose, 410 tickets were sold through Groupon, so you've got to wonder how many were given away through other channels.

I think its fair to say promoters in Europe are worried about the whole thing as Bon Jovi haven't sold half the amount of tickets in certain markets like they usually sell (Lisbon, Berlin, Stuttgart). Richie not coming over won't help matters much either. They're not worried about the tickets they have sold, they worry for the tickets they aren't selling right now.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Are the groupon tickets a result of Richie's departure or just bad ticket sales due to weak album, rushed tour, ticket prices, economy...etc? Although I'm sure Richie's departure has had some impact I don't think it has been that significant especially since he is presumed to be playing on the European leg.

I agree though that Europe is a different situation for the band since most tickets for the US tour were likely sold before Richie's departure.

rolo_tomachi 04-29-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1125366)
lol So now he's canceling shows that haven't even been anounced yet? What is his excuse this time? Chicken pox? How dare he! Where is his commitment to the fans? He is so irresponsible..:D :D :D

You are an ignorant. Damn haters.

CKatz 04-29-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1125374)

That was a joke. I was making fun of the people you call haters and their judgmental attitudes.

DevilsSon 04-29-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

I do hope you are about 14 years old!

jbjhand 04-29-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Sarcasm.

Mocking, contemptuous, or ironic language.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/sarcasm

JDJovi 04-29-2013 12:28 PM

I haven't posted on this forum since 2011 but have been a regular visitor to read it.
I just felt like I had to post something on this thread just to be part of history, hope that's okay?
BTW, it really does look like there has been a bust up of some sort. From a selfish point of view I hope it can be resolved by the time they hit Manchester.
I find it hard to believe that after 30 years together that it can't be sorted, whatever it is...

jbjhand 04-29-2013 12:31 PM

Yeeeeees, welcome back to Jovitalk Jon :) a super post that.

JDJovi 04-29-2013 12:40 PM

Thank you, it's good to be back :p