Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2 Very Special Bon Jovi Projects (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68524)

Rdkopper 06-28-2014 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1179449)
I don't know, but I think I could live with both versions. The 'new' demo it's interesing and I like it, and the original leaked demo doesn't have that bad of a quality.

Still, I wonder how your remixed versions might sound like.

Me too. I actually love both but a 3rd fan remix couldn't hurt.

ezearis 06-28-2014 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1179450)
Me too. I actually love both but a 3rd fan remix couldn't hurt.

Of course it wouldn't! :D

Lucas_Roli 06-28-2014 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1179433)
That speed actually works for me. Not bad for someone who has no idea what they are doing:D

Can you tighten it up a little? I'm not even sure what that means.... like add some clarity. It's a little bumpy in the beginning.

Yea,I tried to remove that bumpy sound but I didn't manage to remove it all,actually I don't even remember anything I did in Audacity :D,it was like i was on auto-pilot for an hour :D,i tried alot of different things to see what they do.
But anyway I'm quite happy with what I've done,considering that the version I started from sounded like this

Btw,I'm really looking forward to see how Does Anybody will sound with the I knows from Cher's version.

Rdkopper 06-28-2014 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucas_Roli (Post 1179452)
Yea,I tried to remove that bumpy sound but I didn't manage to remove it all,actually I don't even remember anything I did in Audacity :D,it was like i was on auto-pilot for an hour :D,i tried alot of different things to see what they do.
But anyway I'm quite happy with what I've done,considering that the version I started from sounded like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZXzMbXU7M8

Btw,I'm really looking forward to see how Does Anybody will sound with the I knows from Cher's version.

You used the worst possible track available. Lol

rolo_tomachi 06-28-2014 11:22 PM

Mix 4 - chorus I Know by Cher. Download link on description video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fNL...ature=youtu.be

Rdkopper 06-28-2014 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1179454)

You're are a genius! This is done to perfection! I am extremely happy! Wow!!!!!!!! A++++++++++

And you did it the exact way I would. I'm glad you left Jon in on the last two.

Take that Obie!!!!!! We Won!!!!

rolo_tomachi 06-28-2014 11:37 PM

I am very saturated, so I lost the objectivity of the mixture. Thoughts...

When I have my physical copy i will do a better mix again.

Rdkopper 06-28-2014 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1179456)
I am very saturated, so I lost the objectivity of the mixture. Thoughts...

When I have my physical copy i will do a better mix again.

Its so good I could cry!

danfan 06-28-2014 11:59 PM

Link doesn't work for me.

Ghostorm 06-29-2014 12:25 AM

Quote:

Very good! I like it a lot! But I think that the old version, although the quality is not as good, is still my favorite. But I started to really like the new version for what it is, just another take of the song, which in it's final version is one of my favorite Bon Jovi songs. It's a shame we didn't get it in a perfect quality, but on the other hand I guess the raw version we have sounds sexier :).

ezearis 06-29-2014 01:07 AM

Congratulations Rolo, that remix sounds great! Makes the song sound more complete IMO.

Still, as ghostoform said, I think the original version is the best one. Sadly, maybe we'll never see it in full quality :(

Edit: It is possible to fuse the "I know!" of the original version with the ones of Cher? So it'd sound more harmonic, as it's really noticeable that neither Jon nor the band are singing those.

Kukoc7 06-29-2014 01:33 AM

Quote:

For some reason the link doesn't work correctly for me. Just 27 seconds of silence with a picture of Jon, Richie, and Cher. Can you PM it to me please? Love to have it. Many thanks.

Rdkopper 06-29-2014 02:48 AM

There is a link in the description field. The video has nothing to do with the link.

Here is the link:

https://mega.co.nz/#!rsYAEaiD!HhZF9j...FWAoGPjifDh-yQ

Kukoc7 06-29-2014 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1179468)
There is a link in the description field. The video has nothing to do with the link.

Someone could just copy and paste the link here.

Figured it out. Thanks.

Rdkopper 06-29-2014 03:51 AM

I never listend to the Cher version in depth but if you compare the 'I knows' it sounds like it's the same as the leaked version with a Cher overdub.

I wonder if there is a way tone her vocal down a little.

Hey, not bad for day 2. I still think we could keep going with this... Rolo will also provide a final master mix which should sound even better.

danfan 06-29-2014 05:29 AM

As great a job as you guys did, I'm still gonna search someone out who can clean up the original as well as Nothing. I gotta believe it can be done.

Lucas_Roli 06-29-2014 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1179453)
You used the worst possible track available. Lol

Yea,at the time for some reason I couldn't find the highest quality version from Mutahtn and I didn't remember his channel name so I downloaded it from somewhere else.
Quote:

This sounds freaking amazing! Can you also add the guitar solo from Cher's?

jovifan93 06-29-2014 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1179471)
As great a job as you guys did, I'm still gonna search someone out who can clean up the original as well as Nothing. I gotta believe it can be done.

As much as I'd love to have a perfect version of both songs, I don't think it's possible. Some of the audio information is just lost due to bad transfer, distortion, noise, etc. Especially in Nothing, the cymbals just sound like white (?) noise, you can't bring them back...

danfan 06-29-2014 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1179475)
As much as I'd love to have a perfect version of both songs, I don't think it's possible. Some of the audio information is just lost due to bad transfer, distortion, noise, etc. Especially in Nothing, the cymbals just sound like white (?) noise, you can't bring them back...

When I get home tomorrow I'm going to try using Audacity on Nothing. There is an option to reduce or remove white noise. Gonna see what that does.

ezearis 06-29-2014 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1179471)

As good as someone can be, I don't think those demos can be improved that much. We only have low quality mp3 rips, there're several tools to clean or "correct" recordings (pitch correction, jumps and etc.); but as the source is a lossy file, I don't know how much can be improved.

A different thing is taking two good quality rips (lossless audio files would be better) and mixing parts of them as Rolo is doing.

Edit: As far as I remember, this software was amazing to restore songs, has a lot of options http://acondigital.com/

steel_horse75 06-29-2014 10:13 AM

Mines just arrived!!!!

jovifan93 06-29-2014 10:55 AM

Quote:

Sounds good, but there is a variation in speed during the I knows, at least the first two on the first chorus. Did you speed it up there to match with Cher's version or something? Gets quicker and then slower again after the I knows...

rolo_tomachi 06-29-2014 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1179480)
Sounds good, but there is a variation in speed during the I knows, at least the first two on the first chorus. Did you speed it up there to match with Cher's version or something? Gets quicker and then slower again after the I knows...

I'll remember in the next mix. Also I'll improve some the layers, but I will do this when have with the original file from physical copy.

Lucas_Roli 06-29-2014 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1179477)
When I get home tomorrow I'm going to try using Audacity on Nothing. There is an option to reduce or remove white noise. Gonna see what that does.

This is the best version available I think.It just needs that buzzing noise on the background gone and the vocals brought up a bit.

rolo_tomachi 06-29-2014 12:00 PM

Assuming that at the end of the year is launch a new box set... I wonder if the song "Nothing" be include. But these pendejos always doing it wrong on important songs, and probably include a lame alternative version that lacks instruments or voices...

IML88 06-29-2014 12:26 PM

Quote:

Tip my hat to you fella - this is brilliant. Very well done and thanks.

Ghostorm 06-29-2014 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1179478)
As good as someone can be, I don't think those demos can be improved that much. We only have low quality mp3 rips, there're several tools to clean or "correct" recordings (pitch correction, jumps and etc.); but as the source is a lossy file, I don't know how much can be improved.

A different thing is taking two good quality rips (lossless audio files would be better) and mixing parts of them as Rolo is doing.

Edit: As far as I remember, this software was amazing to restore songs, has a lot of options http://acondigital.com/

I have the "Does Anybody Really Fall in Love Anymore?" in a lossless format if somebody wants it. On the other hand I don't now if it wasn't converted from mp3.

https://mega.co.nz/#!lZZCAYbL!8wRMbM...JH3lZI7DFDGM_8

jasonjbj 06-29-2014 01:31 PM

Bon_Jovi-Have_A_Nice_Day-JP_Retail-2005-JRP
i have this cd on my walkman
nothing the song is on it 9.17mb
not sure if any diff to the youtube one

jovifan93 06-29-2014 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghostorm (Post 1179493)
I have the "Does Anybody Really Fall in Love Anymore?" in a lossless format if somebody wants it. On the other hand I don't now if it wasn't converted from mp3.

https://mega.co.nz/#!lZZCAYbL!8wRMbM...JH3lZI7DFDGM_8

Great, thanks! :-) That sounds a little bit better than the version I started out with, will try to use this one and improve it, when I have the time...

Rdkopper 06-29-2014 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucas_Roli (Post 1179474)
Can you also add the guitar solo from Cher's?

Imo, that would ruin the integrity of the song, unless Richie was the one doing the solo which he isn't.

Desmond produced it so I don't mind taking a little from that version to fill in some gaps. Aka the 'I know' plus I also think he used their demo with Chers voice as an overdub. Unless he found others to sound just like them, there is a good chance that is Bon Jovi. Go back and compare, its almost too obvious.

The demo started out incomple. Rolo lopped some parts from the song to fill in a few gaps. Then he added the 'I know' from a song Desmond produced that Jon and Richie most likely contributed to with a female overdub. I'm fine with all that, it works, and thats enough. Too much will ruin it for me.

The song is an 8 out of 10. Once Rolo uses the cd version and fixes a few things with the speed, it will be a 10.

Rdkopper 06-29-2014 03:25 PM

Another edit I made to all the songs:

One thing I can't stand is the 3 count drum intro on each song. Tic Tic Tic...

I want the songs to start like a normal song would start. I edited them all out on the box set and now I'm editing them out here as well. To me the Full Moon High start and stop is just annoying.

There are two ways to listen to a song. The first way is to be up the songs ass and analyze the shit out of everything. The other way is to just put the dam thing on and enjoy it for what it is. I'll fall into both categories. When I first listen, I'm up the songs ass but after that i just want to put it on and enjoy it. When I'm in my yard grilling with friends, I want to play this and I want it to flow like a normal song / album would flow. Not Tic Tic Tic at the beginning of each. So annoying....

Ok got that out. Now I feel better.

Matrix15 06-29-2014 03:44 PM

If anyone has a link to download could they please PM, it would be much appreciated. My usual methods have yielded nothing and its not available on UK itunes yet!

danfan 06-29-2014 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1179498)

I want the songs to start like a normal song would start. I edited them all out on the box set and now I'm editing them out here as well. To me the Full Moon High start and stop is just annoying.

There are two ways to listen to a song. The first way is to be up the songs ass and analyze the shit out of everything. The other way is to just put the dam thing on and enjoy it for what it is. I'll fall into both categories. When I first listen, I'm up the songs ass but after that i just want to put it on and enjoy it. When I'm in my yard grilling with friends, I want to play this and I want it to flow like a normal song / album would flow. Not Tic Tic Tic at the beginning of each. So annoying....

LOL - I did the same thing.

Bounce7800 06-29-2014 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matrix15 (Post 1179499)
If anyone has a link to download could they please PM, it would be much appreciated. My usual methods have yielded nothing and its not available on UK itunes yet!

Should be on itunes tomorrow

tigrs99 06-29-2014 05:07 PM

Should be out in Asia and Europe in few hours tonight on Itunes

Rdkopper 06-29-2014 05:21 PM

I wonder how this this will sell? Considering the only ones buying any of the new material (TC, WAN, Etc) are die-hards, I can't expect this to be any different.

Captain_jovi 06-29-2014 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1179510)
I wonder how this this will sell? Considering the only ones buying any of the new material (TC, WAN, Etc) are die-hards, I can't expect this to be any different.

I really think it will fare better than new releases but only by a bit. There are a lot of die hards who refuse to purchase the new material due to it's landslide into mediocrity while this may pique their interest as a return to the glory days. Granted a lot of of the die hards already have these songs so it's a crapshoot.

tigrs99 06-29-2014 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1179510)

Probably not too well Based on pre order Deluxe Edition is rated 874 on Amazon and super deluxe edition no 46 on Amazon
Looks like most fans are buying the super deluxe edition

Rdkopper 06-29-2014 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1179512)
I really think it will fare better than new releases but only by a bit. There are a lot of die hards who refuse to purchase the new material due to it's landslide into mediocrity while this may pique their interest as a return to the glory days. Granted a lot of of the die hards already have these songs so it's a crapshoot.

Consider the fact that no promo is being done and it doesn't really appeal to casual fans whereas a new album would. No singles are being released either.

I wonder how much effort and cost goes into such a release verses a studio one?

Lucas_Roli 06-29-2014 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1179498)

Haha,I actually like the Tic Tic Tic.The only one I cut out the tic's from is Full Moon High cause I've put that as my ringtone.I'm so happy everytime my phone rings now :D I let it play a lil' bit cause that guitar riff is so freaking catchy,even my friends are humming it when they hear it.