Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Sissy3 07-28-2013 02:32 PM

Oh wow, I watch him and his crew on the tv show Dish Nation. Sad.

Mysterytrain 07-28-2013 05:46 PM

So, apparently Jon said this last night, during his talk about Justin Bieber:

"I ain't tryin to get in US magazine, I've never been to rehab... there's no place I'd rather be than right here."

nrm123 07-28-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1148323)

"I ain't tryin to get in US magazine, I've never been to rehab... there's no place I'd rather be than right here."

yer and? i think we know richie aint in rehab, hes doing ****ing great!

jovigirlCT 07-28-2013 07:26 PM

Well the RS extreme fans are all over twitter saying that the speech was definitely a dig at Richie. Since Richie isn't in rehab don't know how that could be but Jon is the evil incarnate with them - apparently doesn't matter that Richie is the one that called 3 hours before a show and said I'm not coming. Will it never end!!

JoviJovi 07-28-2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

He's right.

ticos_stick 07-28-2013 07:28 PM

Jon is not interesting enough to go into rehab. The closest he ever got to a rock & roll lifestyle was the time he tried to throw himself out of a car.

NicoRourke 07-28-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovigirlCT (Post 1148342)
Well the RS extreme fans are all over twitter saying that the speech was definitely a dig at Richie. Since Richie isn't in rehab don't know how that could be but Jon is the evil incarnate with them - apparently doesn't matter that Richie is the one that called 3 hours before a show and said I'm not coming. Will it never end!!

What made him quit 3 hours before the show is what we need to know before condemning him or Jon really.

rolo_tomachi 07-28-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Pathetic, he believe is the perfect man, but his daughter need rehab.

Mysterytrain 07-28-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NicoRourke (Post 1148349)
What made him quit 3 hours before the show is what we need to know before condemning him or Jon really.

While I wouldn't go so far as to say it's a definite dig at Richie, considering Richie has been in rehab over the years, it was in the very least in poor taste, imo. For that matter, I don't know why Jon feels the need to disparage other artists (Bieber, Timberlake) in these 'speeches' he gives during shows; his longevity in the business stands on its own.

CKatz 07-28-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1148357)
While I wouldn't go so far as to say it's a definite dig at Richie, considering Richie has been in rehab over the years, it was in the very least in poor taste, imo. For that matter, I don't know why Jon feels the need to disparage other artists (Bieber, Timberlake) in these 'speeches' he gives during shows; his longevity in the business stands on its own.

It's insecurity. Bieber and Timberlake are relevant. Jon isn't, so he tears them down to make himself feel better. It's childish and stupid.
I agree the rehab comment was insensitive. He needs to stop putting others down in an effort to build himself up. He's just making himself look bad in the process.

JoviJovi 07-28-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1148358)
It's insecurity. Bieber and Timberlake are relevant. Jon isn't, so he tears them down to make himself feel better. It's childish and stupid.
I agree the rehab comment was insensitive. He needs to stop putting others down in an effort to build himself up. He's just making himself look bad in the process.

I bet he will as soon as Richie's well placed sources stop running to the tabloids.

Crushgen24/88 07-28-2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1148358)

TBH, I think even that's reading a bit much into it. I think it's less a view into Jon's psyche and more him reading the audience. The demographic at Bon Jovi shows tends to skew older, with people who will instinctively cheer the idea that "The music we loved when we were kids is better than the crap kids today like."

CKatz 07-28-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 1148361)
TBH, I think even that's reading a bit much into it. I think it's less a view into Jon's psyche and more him reading the audience. The demographic at Bon Jovi shows tends to skew older, with people who will instinctively cheer the idea that "The music we loved when we were kids is better than the crap kids today like."

There are better, more adult ways to get an audience to cheer. The fact that he chooses to disrepect other people in order to get that response, does say a lot about Jon's psyche.

Crushgen24/88 07-28-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1148364)
There are better, more adult ways to get an audience to cheer. The fact that he chooses to disrepect other people in order to get that response, does say a lot about Jon's psyche.

I'm not disagreeing with you that there are other ways, but mentioning Justin Beiber is a cheap and easy way to do it. It's become the modern day "mention the town you're playing in" that a lot of people use to get cheap cheers. I don't think Jon sits up at night going "Damn that Justin Beiber for being more relevant than I am." It just provides him an easy way to get a reaction and have people swoon for him.

Supersonic 07-28-2013 10:29 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 1148361)

I doubt that. Jon mentioned Bieber in early interviews as well, saying "Yeah we're now at the stage that we can say "we've been there, yeah that was cool, we did that too..." pretending how they once were just as popular but are now no longer strive for that admiration because "they'd been there". Yet he feels that he needs to bring up at almost every show how they're so relevant and big nowadays after THIRTY years, a thing of which he's perfectly aware Justin Bieber can never win from thus it makes him come across like the bigger act out there. It's pathetic and childish really, and if you need to get your cheers in order to bring someone else down, it doesn't really count. Let the music do the talking, as oppose to the petty insults, and the insults only really came up once the music no longer had the impact Jon was striving for.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Crushgen24/88 07-28-2013 10:30 PM

Just to clarify: I'm not saying Jon bringing up Beiber isn't stupid and childish, it's cringe inducing. Just that I think it's more about getting cheap cheers than it is Jon't psyche.

ticos_stick 07-28-2013 10:42 PM

Well Richie will have been made aware of the comment by his Twitter bitches. If he and Jon aren't speaking he probably won't know what to make of it.

Mysterytrain 07-28-2013 11:00 PM

Meanwhile, Richie Tweeted:

Hey I guess it's Sambora Sunday.....wow thank you guys so much....keep sharing I forgot I did half of this stuff....

and

"I'm very flattered and happy that y'all are enjoying my voice so much.. Thank you..."

Jonty 07-28-2013 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1148357)

To be fair to Jon, on Thursday I wouldnt say he was disrespectful to Timberlake, he said he wasnt as good a dancer as Justin which is probably true! I cant remember what he said re Bieber but when he said the name, I + most of the crowd booed because that guy is a complete twat, messes with the fans and is totally disrespectful to all around him.

Sissy3 07-28-2013 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1148379)
Meanwhile, Richie Tweeted:

Hey I guess it's Sambora Sunday.....wow thank you guys so much....keep sharing I forgot I did half of this stuff....

and

"I'm very flattered and happy that y'all are enjoying my voice so much.. Thank you..."

Why is this not hard to understand? :rolleyes: As for Justin Bieber I keep waiting for someone to bitch slap that punk and I hope TMZ gets it on tape. I do like the other Justin, however. :)

Bounce7800 07-28-2013 11:42 PM

I think the rehab comment has been jumped on a bit much, it's his usual shtick of saying he isn't a washed up 80s hairband has been. However, by saying that about himself, whilst true, is a bit of a mistake given Richie and his daughters issues but I don't for a second think those crossed his mind, just his usual "were still here" script.

crashed 07-28-2013 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1148391)
I think the rehab comment has been jumped on a bit much, it's his usual shtick of saying he isn't a washed up 80s hairband has been. However, by saying that about himself, whilst true, is a bit of a mistake given Richie and his daughters issues but I don't for a second think those crossed his mind, just his usual "were still here" script.

This. I don't think it had a damn thing to do with Richie.

golittleperson 07-29-2013 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1148399)
This. I don't think it had a damn thing to do with Richie.

Thank you, I didn't either and I'm a Richie girl. Don't think he was really "thinking" at all when that came out.( But, I did take the "celeb reality, love child" remarks were kinda a jab at Kenya and Kim.) Actually thought that was kinda funny. I think he meant to come off as celebrity in general situations and he would rather be there. He was however milking the crowd for a compliment with the Justin good looks remark. It's a show people.
As to the RS/Jon striff, don't know why it began, think that is critical to know before saying too much but do believe it's gotten outta hand and as always feel those outside influences.

Mysterytrain 07-29-2013 12:32 AM

A new Richie song; Nikki just Tweeted it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lmYX...ature=youtu.be

ticos_stick 07-29-2013 12:33 AM

Jon most probably didn't mean to have a dig at Richie but what he said was stupid because his daughter and "best friend" have both been in rehab. He came off as a sanctimonious twat.

Supersonic 07-29-2013 12:36 AM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1148406)
Jon most probably didn't mean to have a dig at Richie but what he said was stupid because his daughter and "best friend" have both been in rehab. He came off as a sanctimonious twat.

Sssh I'm listening to Richie's new masterpiece. Don't talk through it or I won't understand and be able to appreciate the complex structures that have come from Nikki sucking him off all the time.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

golittleperson 07-29-2013 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1148376)
Well Richie will have been made aware of the comment by his Twitter bitches. If he and Jon aren't speaking he probably won't know what to make of it.

Hey, I'm one of those bitches. I proudly adore him and his music. I saw the conversations your talking about but stayed out. I try to stick to the music side not the "we really don't know what this is about" battle, on twitter anyway. Like another post I used to go to, rarely now, it can get over the top. I'm female, but some are just crazy. Here I tend to voice more of an opinion since people know it is just that. Oh, I saw the comments today though. That was well before he was on today, Richie tweeted/retweeted about 9X today and everyone was about music. Maybe he will go back and read, but with over 100K followers, prob. not unless when he is actually on the thread. I just posted in another spot here that I really didn't take Jon's remark as a direct stab at Richie - in combination with the others was more a general stab at the status of celebrity today. Did think immediately of Kenya/Kim with the reality/love child hit though. Hate to admit it, kinda funny.

Bounce7800 07-29-2013 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1148405)

Interesting timing for this to see the light of day. Shame it's dreadful.

Mysterytrain 07-29-2013 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1148409)

Did anyone notice these lyrics? "Not Elvis or God, not Frankie or Dean, if I die tomorrow I'll come back as me."?

DryCounty 07-29-2013 12:45 AM

Quote:

Haha what the **** is this? Come on Richie.. Sugar Daddy is a masterpiece compared to this

golittleperson 07-29-2013 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1148409)

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain

Consider the source!! What's her angle again???

Now, Richie just tweeted it too I think, my phone went off... She ruined it for me. Why does she get into the music side? Why did she post it first?

Javier 07-29-2013 12:52 AM

Quote:

http://i1033.photobucket.com/albums/...ps7fbec138.jpg

Whoa Richie Richie Richie!!?!??

hometownboy 07-29-2013 12:56 AM

Richie just tweeted - Since everybody was diggin stuff figured I'd lay something new on ya. And the lyric is pretty timely....

Cheeky Sambora ;)

MrNickel 07-29-2013 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1148413)

HAHA that pic had me in stitches.

TugaJovi 07-29-2013 01:05 AM

Hi guys, I've been reading this forum a long time now but just registered today, due to this new crap song RS released.

What the hell? Is there any need to release such a song when they could settle this like grown ups? Is disaster (band termination) avoidable after this?... I'm scared, damn.

Mysterytrain 07-29-2013 01:06 AM

So is this a Nikki/Richie fashion thing (because the sound of it makes me think that) --or is it purely a Richie song and Nikki has taken it upon herself to be his spokesperson?

Do we assume that this is Richie's 'Declaration of Independence"?

Javier 07-29-2013 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1148417)

Do we assume that this is Richie's 'Declaration of Independence"?

I would never put it so maturely. This is Richie's "I got fans too and they want me solo, your voice sucks, I put guitars on some bump & grind R. Kelly beats, the shows haven't been selling out without me. neener neener nee ner!!" type of comeback at Jon....

Mysterytrain 07-29-2013 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1148418)
I would never put it so maturely. This is Richie's "I got fans too and they want me solo, your voice sucks, I put guitars on some bump & grind R. Kelly beats, the shows haven't been selling out without me. neener neener nee ner!!" type of comeback at Jon....

Yeah, your interpretation sounds more likely. :)

jessycardy 07-29-2013 01:17 AM

I need to throw up.

TugaJovi 07-29-2013 01:18 AM

Will any kind soul (who speaks fluent English) write down the lyrics and show them to us? I miss some parts of it. Thanks in advance :rolleyes: