Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

jovifan93 04-29-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1125442)
Aloha !

Richie was only able to put 5 shows together in Europe when there was an audience for at least twice as many shows. I doubt he was thinking "Well, not going to do the other 4 shows now, I'll stick to these 4 now, and will then ship my gear and all of that over in March, oh wait I can't DAMN YOU JON.

This "Richie can't do promo" talk is bullshit. He talked about doing shows in South America back in September, nothing came together and suddenly everything was cancelled due to illness. He had September - December to promote the shit out of his record but didn't do so. We'll never know why he refused to do radio shows and the likes, but putting the blame on Jon is silly.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Actually I have seen a radio and a TV interview with Richie on Aftermath, think they were from September 2012 or so - so he did do some promotion, though maybe not enough...

MrNickel 04-29-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lyn Wo (Post 1125445)
Ha Ha! I guess that came out all wrong!

haha:evilbat:

RonJovi 04-29-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lyn Wo (Post 1125445)
Ha Ha! I guess that came out all wrong!

Your husband is a very lucky man. :-)

CKatz 04-29-2013 05:54 PM

Matt finally admitted that nobody knows if Richie will be at South African and European shows:

@23866mar: "@MatthewBongiovi please Matt, tell us, will be Richie in the European tour? answer pls if you know something"

@MatthewBongiovi : "@23866mar don't have an answer. Wish I did"

steel_horse75 04-29-2013 06:00 PM

He's gone I reckon

Emisambora 04-29-2013 06:02 PM

Sad news...

RonJovi 04-29-2013 06:06 PM

Still doesn't mean he's gone in my opinion. I'll be amazed if he doesn't come back and am confident of remaining fully clothed in Slane.

joriile 04-29-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1125442)
Aloha !

Richie was only able to put 5 shows together in Europe when there was an audience for at least twice as many shows. I doubt he was thinking "Well, not going to do the other 4 shows now, I'll stick to these 4 now, and will then ship my gear and all of that over in March, oh wait I can't DAMN YOU JON.

This "Richie can't do promo" talk is bullshit. He talked about doing shows in South America back in September, nothing came together and suddenly everything was cancelled due to illness. He had September - December to promote the shit out of his record but didn't do so. We'll never know why he refused to do radio shows and the likes, but putting the blame on Jon is silly.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

I did think that Richie had done plenty of promotion in US from Sep-Dec 2012.

As far as I knew, there were dozens of radio interviews in September. He'd been performed on SeriusX twice, on Live! Good monrning America, NY classic Rock, World Cafe Philadelphia, Extra TV, Howard Stein TV and others. Obviously he couldn't do much promotion after he supposedly blew his voice in Europe...In early November, the promotion for his LA show was a priority and he made a bunch of appearance on local TV.

And there were the Bon Jovi obligations like the performance for iheartradio, 121212, the release of inside out movie and the LA show in early Dec etc...And he jammed with the violinist, played on Heaven and Earth's new record, made the charity version of I'll always walk beside you... And let's not forget that his Mum's house was flooded and he had to get her out and made arrangements to renew the house

Could he do more promotion, especially out of the States? Sure.
But he was quite busy the last year IMO.

DevilsSon 04-29-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joriile (Post 1125455)
... played on Heaven and Earth's new record...

What is that?!?

Edit: Other than When a Blind Man Cries obviously which was done years ago!

ezearis 04-29-2013 06:22 PM

Matt's tweet = Richie is gone. Let's face it guys, something happenned, Richie left the tour.