Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Javier 07-29-2013 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1148419)
Yeah, your interpretation sounds more likely. :)

Lol, it's just the way I actually picture Richie saying it that's funny! Either way, something about this just kind of upsets me. Or, I don't know if upset is the right word to use, but it puts me off the whole thing. Out of all the members of Bon Jovi, Richie is the one with the most potential for a solo record that could be amazing! Tico is pretty content with Bon Jovi, David while talented, outside of his plays hasn't really shown that much versatility. Jon leans more towards the Leonard Cohen type of stuff when he goes solo, and doesn't stretch his abilities much either. Richie I believe still has untapped potential, he still acts like he has something to prove, he's genuinely excited about music still, but then he goes and records this. I just do not get it, I felt the need to even log in and post a comment on youtube (something which I never do). And I think this really sums up how I feel about this song and basically the man in general:

I really really want to like it. Richie has been such a huge influence on me and his songs have helped me throughout a lot of my life, but I'm really not digging this. The obvious dig at Jon is just too lowbrow celebrity reality show cheeky for someone who I admired and looked up to as my hero. Either way, I'm pretty sure he's happy doing this and that's what matters, I just hope more of his fans like it a lot more than I do....

MrNickel 07-29-2013 01:26 AM

Its like he got Timbaland'd like Chris Cornell.

Catchy but also crappy.

Mysterytrain 07-29-2013 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1148423)
Lol, it's just the way I actually picture Richie saying it that's funny! Either way, something about this just kind of upsets me. Or, I don't know if upset is the right word to use, but it puts me off the whole thing. Out of all the members of Bon Jovi, Richie is the one with the most potential for a solo record that could be amazing! Tico is pretty content with Bon Jovi, David while talented, outside of his plays hasn't really shown that much versatility. Jon leans more towards the Leonard Cohen type of stuff when he goes solo, and doesn't stretch his abilities much either. Richie I believe still has untapped potential, he still acts like he has something to prove, he's genuinely excited about music still, but then he goes and records this. I just do not get it, I felt the need to even log in and post a comment on youtube (something which I never do). And I think this really sums up how I feel about this song and basically the man in general:

I really really want to like it. Richie has been such a huge influence on me and his songs have helped me throughout a lot of my life, but I'm really not digging this. The obvious dig at Jon is just too lowbrow celebrity reality show cheeky for someone who I admired and looked up to as my hero. Either way, I'm pretty sure he's happy doing this and that's what matters, I just hope more of his fans like it a lot more than I do....

Actually, I agree with you on this. It's very pointed, lyrically, almost too much so. You can't really take "Frankie and Dean" any other way but Richie telling Jon, 'You're not my keeper."

Sissy3 07-29-2013 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1148410)
Did anyone notice these lyrics? "Not Elvis or God, not Frankie or Dean, if I die tomorrow I'll come back as me."?

Nothing subtle here, he and Jon have always referred to each other as Frank and Dean. Jon's an Elvis fan and occasionally has a God complex. ;)

MrNickel 07-29-2013 01:40 AM

I think at this junction its safe to say that both Jon and Richie have lost the f**king plot.

jdanielross 07-29-2013 01:40 AM

Well, that was a pretty awful song, IMO. Glad I got to see the band one last time back in March at the Louisville show. :-/

The Rock 07-29-2013 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sissy3 (Post 1148426)
Nothing subtle here, he and Jon have always referred to each other as Frank and Dean. Jon's an Elvis fan and occasionally has a God complex. ;)

Jon has a picture of Frank in his dressing room. He is a huge influence on Jon and one of their biggest hits has "As Frankie said, I did it my way"

Where they are going from now, I only can say splitvilles (if they haven't already)

Annoying as hell that it's Nikki who put the song out.

Sissy3 07-29-2013 01:46 AM

So does this officially close the door on the slim chance Richie may have returned in September?

Mysterytrain 07-29-2013 01:47 AM

I attempted to write out the lyrics. Couldn't understand everything; if anyone knows what he's saying where I have (????), then fill in the blanks, please!

"Come Back As Me" by Richie Sambora

What do you want me to say, I’ll tell you anything you wanna know,

You wanna know about disappointment, baby I (don’t watch?) that show,

I’ve been up, I’ve been down, you see me crawling with my face on the ground

This pain, this pride, I carry around like a knife in my side.

In spite of it all, from all that you see, if I die tomorrow, I come back as me.

Rewind and press play, I’ll burn up the screen,

If I die tomorrow, I come back as me,

What do you want me to say, I gave you everything I could give,

But everything just wasn’t enough so I just let live and let live,

I got lust, I got bound, break my heart and it don’t make a sound,

Hard times, bad luck, I’ve had my share but it’s turning around.

(???).. for the burden, (????) …so here’s my revelation, won’t be misunderstood

In spite of it all, I’m comic relief, if I die tomorrow, I come back as me

Rewind and press play, I’ll burn out the screen, if I die tomorrow, I come back as me.

(????) the burden, even the (???) …so here’s my revelation: I won’t be misunderstood.

In spite of it all, for all that you see, if I die tomorrow, I come back as me.

Not Elvis or God, not Frankie not Dean, if I die tomorrow I come back as me.

Not Elvis or God, not Frankie not Dean, if I die tomorrow, I come back as me.

jessycardy 07-29-2013 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sissy3 (Post 1148431)
So does this officially close the door on the slim chance Richie may have returned in September?

Slams it to kick that in the ****in' butt. I'm speechless, angry, terribly sad and everything in between.

aljo 07-29-2013 01:51 AM

This is what I got, hard to make out some of it, feel free to fill in the blanks.

What do you want me to say, I’ll tell you anything you wanna know.
You want to know about disappointment, baby I haven’t watched that show
I’ve been up, I’ve been down you see me crawling?? with my face on the ground
There’s pain, there’s pride, I carry it around like a knife in my side.
In spite of it all, from all that you see
If I die tomorrow I’ll come back as me
Rewind and press play. I’ll burn out the screen
If I die tomorrow, I’ll come back as me
hey
What do you want me to say, I gave it everything I could give
But everything just wasn’t enough so I just let live and let live

I got lust I got ____________ my heart but it don’t make a sound, hard times, bad luck, I’ve had my share but it’s turning around. Father burden ____________ felt good.
So here’s my revelation, won’t be misunderstood.

In spite of it all I’m counting relief
If I die tomorrow, I’ll come back as me rewind and press play. I’ll burn out the screen
If I die tomorrow, I’ll come back as me.
Grateful for the burden. even the __________ felt good.
Here’s my revelation, won’t be misunderstood

In spite of it all, in all that you see, if I die tomorrow, I’ll come back as me
Not Elvis, or God not Frankie not Dean, if I die tomorrow I'll come back as me.
In spite of it all, in all that you see, if I die tomorrow, I’ll come back as me
Not Elvis, or God not Frankie not Dean, if I die tomorrow I'll come back as me.
If I die tomorrow, I’ll come back as me

Becky 07-29-2013 01:51 AM

If Richie is leaving the band, they need to just make it official and stop jerking the fans around. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm really sick of this nonsense. Just settle it one way or another already!

aljo 07-29-2013 01:52 AM

Mystery train, didn't realize you posted also, maybe between both sets of lyrics, we can come up with the song.

I'm speechless. If this is truly the end of Richie in BJ, then I have to tell you I am sick to my stomach right now.

Kathleen 07-29-2013 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aljo (Post 1148437)
Mystery train, didn't realize you posted also, maybe between both sets of lyrics, we can come up with the song.

I'm speechless. If this is truly the end of Richie in BJ, then I have to tell you I am sick to my stomach right now.

I'm not a happy camper either. I felt so sure that they would sort it out.

The Rock 07-29-2013 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1148436)
If Richie is leaving the band, they need to just make it official and stop jerking the fans around. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm really sick of this nonsense. Just settle it one way or another already!

I'm sick of it too. Just cut the bullshit, this twitter rubbish and end it. None of this back and forth. It's as if he wants to put the fans in groups too. His fans against Jon's fans/the band's fans.

Just when the band played their last show on this leg, they are resting all back home with their families. Nikki/Richie bring out this song to kick it back up a notch.

TugaJovi 07-29-2013 01:56 AM

Thanks a lot for the lyrics, guys.

The "What do you want me to say, I gave it everything I could give
But everything just wasn’t enough so I just let live and let live" part really scares me the most and makes me wonder what is Jon asking from him by now.

This song really looks like a ridiculous way to end the feud.
Is Jon now making a song too, to answer that? Or will Matt tweet saying that this is all a misunderstanding and Richie is great and anxious to return? Let's wait for the next chapters.

Crushgen24/88 07-29-2013 01:57 AM

Maybe I'm just done caring, but this whole thing is hilarious. I mean seriously, now we're passed cryptic tweets to cryptic (and may I add) terrible songs. I wish both sides would pull their heads out of their asses and just announce he's out of the band.

aljo 07-29-2013 01:58 AM

I thought with the break in August it was going to be nice and quiet and hopefully they would sort things out and give the fans some time to mentally chill out as well. This is just a kick in the stomach.

Is it possible we're just jumping to conclusions though?

rainsong 07-29-2013 01:59 AM

Once again Richie writing something and trying to be a young hip star, it's just so overdone.
The thing i always respected about Richies first two solo records were that they were so him, his blues influenced, guitar playing, dreamer self. Aftermath threw me because it was more of a weird mish mash of sounds and styles Richie really liked, but weren't really him. And this.................... for this he has failed to keep hisw commitment to the band???? This definitely could have waited until the tour was over. If it makes him happy great but WOW it's just bad.

aljo 07-29-2013 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TugaJovi (Post 1148440)

But everything just wasn’t enough so I just let live and let live" part really scares me the most and makes me wonder what is Jon asking from him by now

That part got to me immediately also. This is really scary. Can't Tico and David get them in a room together and ****ing hash it all out!!!!

The Rock 07-29-2013 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TugaJovi (Post 1148440)

But everything just wasn’t enough so I just let live and let live" part really scares me the most and makes me wonder what is Jon asking from him by now.

This song really looks like a ridiculous way to end the feud.
Is Jon now making a song too, to answer that? Or will Matt tweet saying that this is all a misunderstanding and Richie is great and anxious to return? Let's wait for the next chapters.

I don't think this song was written now. It seems like a left over song from Aftermath. See he wrote lyrics are timely? That sounded to me, as if he wrote it before but it suits the situation now. Not that he wrote it now.

Sissy3 07-29-2013 02:05 AM

Didn't expect the band I love to last forever but I did expect a better end than this, whether it's a total end to the band or an end to the band with Richie. They deserve better. And no, I don't know what all was said and what really went down but my anger is still directed at him.

bryan_20011 07-29-2013 02:06 AM

I've followed this thread from the start.
I haven't posted until now. But I just heard that new Richie song.
My opinion for what it's worth, Richie is lost. This Nikki Lund woman I reckon is half the problem.
The rest of the band must be so frustrated by now.
Before the haters hate, I hold Richie right up there, and was gutted I missed him on this tour, but this ain't about Jon. During the last couple of tours, Richie has sang a song, and yeah fine, it wasn't a solo one, whatever, but it was a moment when he took every chance he could to thank the fans for their support and loyalty. Who decided he could do that? Jon! Fact!
Jon can be a dick. But he gets it. He understands the machine.
I am a fan for the music, and more so, the live show. Phil X did a great job. But he ain't no Sambora. This latest 'lyric' from Richie just says to me that he's lost, gone. It's awful.
Someone needs to drag him out of the Nikki Lund world that he's become engrossed in, because it is ruining our favourite band

TugaJovi 07-29-2013 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rock (Post 1148445)
I don't think this song was written now. It seems like a left over song from Aftermath. See he wrote lyrics are timely? That sounded to me, as if he wrote it before but it suits the situation now. Not that he wrote it now.

Well, if it wasn't written now, the problems started a long time ago, and with all the anger it shows, I can't understand how he would make an album with the band (with Jon, to be accurate) after it. I think it was written sometime after he left, actually... But that's not the point. The point is that he prefers to hint what he thinks instead of TALKING about it. But this has been dissected all across this thread, so I won't be repeating that discussion...

golittleperson 07-29-2013 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1148432)
I attempted to write out the lyrics. Couldn't understand everything; if anyone knows what he's saying where I have (????), then fill in the blanks, please!

"Come Back As Me" by Richie Sambora

What do you want me to say, I’ll tell you anything you wanna know,

You wanna know about disappointment, baby I (don’t watch?) that show,

I’ve been up, I’ve been down, you see me crawling with my face on the ground

This pain, this pride, I carry around like a knife in my side.

In spite of it all, from all that you see, if I die tomorrow, I come back as me.

Rewind and press play, I’ll burn up the screen,

If I die tomorrow, I come back as me,

What do you want me to say, I gave you everything I could give,

But everything just wasn’t enough so I just let live and let live,

I got lust, I got bound, break my heart and it don’t make a sound,

Hard times, bad luck, I’ve had my share but it’s turning around.

(???).. for the burden, (????) …so here’s my revelation, won’t be misunderstood

In spite of it all, I’m comic relief, if I die tomorrow, I come back as me

Rewind and press play, I’ll burn out the screen, if I die tomorrow, I come back as me.

(????) the burden, even the (???) …so here’s my revelation: I won’t be misunderstood.

Not Elvis or God, not Frankie not Dean, if I die tomorrow I come back as me.

Not Elvis or God, not Frankie not Dean, if I die tomorrow, I come back as me.

Thank you for doing this but I thought he said I got Lost (stretched out so it is lusty like) , I got found.
Now I'm wondering myself which it is? Both make sense.

GabrielC 07-29-2013 02:12 AM

Funny thing is that he RT'd some of the greatest of his songs today. Then he comes and puts this ****ing horrible song out.

He can say "**** you" to Bon Jovi all he wants, but at least do it with a good song. Lame.

bonjovifreak 07-29-2013 02:14 AM

This is worse than the time between New Jersey and Faith when we weren't sure there was going to be a Bon Jovi. Back then there was no twitter, facebook or internet. I guess they are destined to be Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley. I often wondered if that's really how it was until it imploded on them. I never thought if the band ended or one of them left that it would be this childish. I blame both of them at this point.

Mysterytrain 07-29-2013 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovifreak (Post 1148451)
This is worse than the time between New Jersey and Faith when we weren't sure there was going to be a Bon Jovi. Back then there was no twitter, facebook or internet. I guess they are destined to be Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley. I often wondered if that's really how it was until it imploded on them. I never thought if the band ended or one of them left that it would be this childish. I blame both of them at this point.

The way this has played out reminds me of two junior high girls who were BFFs and then decide to sabotage each other slowly and painfully, working their peers into 'camps', and secretly thriving on the drama they stir up.

jessycardy 07-29-2013 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TugaJovi (Post 1148448)
Well, if it wasn't written now, the problems started a long time ago, and with all the anger it shows, I can't understand how he would make an album with the band (with Jon, to be accurate) after it. I think it was written sometime after he left, actually... But that's not the point. The point is that he prefers to hint what he thinks instead of TALKING about it. But this has been dissected all across this thread, so I won't be repeating that discussion...

And Richie did say he was working on some new songs of his (and the TV show, etc.) during that interview back in June. This could be one of the songs he'd been working on.

This is so ugly on so many levels I can't even find the words.

golittleperson 07-29-2013 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovifreak (Post 1148451)

It breaks my heart, but I try to think of Joe and Steven - The Eagles - ... it can eventually be ok, but outside influences have GOT to get out of this. I know it's not popular here, but I actually like the rift/rhythum of the song, I was just sickened by the Nikki being the one to post it first. Too me it's so clear what she does and I do blame Richie for letting her. Hurts his reputation. I don't trust women like her. I really didn't mind his involvment in a fashion co. but .... I will/would follow Richie solo way before Jon - but I want the best of both worlds.

bonjovifreak 07-29-2013 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1148452)
The way this has played out reminds me of two junior high girls who were BFFs and then decide to sabotage each other slowly and painfully, working their peers into 'camps', and secretly thriving on the drama they stir up.

I agree, I see it on tumblr with the bon jovi fan blogs. Its Richie fans against Jon fans. Last time I checked BJ isn't One Direction. Matt is just as bad even though the BJ camp lets him say whatever he wants. Its time to move on I guess for this fan.

Mysterytrain 07-29-2013 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1148453)
And Richie did say he was working on some new songs of his (and the TV show, etc.) during that interview back in June. This could be one of the songs he'd been working on.

This is so ugly on so many levels I can't even find the words.

Agreed. Plus, Nikki releases the song before Richie does, and what do you bet she's got something to do with this supposed TV show, too?

GabrielC 07-29-2013 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1148452)

:lol: Pretty much how I see this thing.

The Rock 07-29-2013 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovifreak (Post 1148456)
Matt is just as bad even though the BJ camp lets him say whatever he wants. Its time to move on I guess for this fan.

The BJ camp don't know what he is writing, Jon has no idea, that is why he gets away with it. See how he always points out that it's his own personal account and not with the band? Just to keep himself in the clear.

The Rock 07-29-2013 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1148457)
Agreed. Plus, Nikki releases the song before Richie does, and what do you bet she's got something to do with this supposed TV show, too?

she's got everything to do with it. She was at the taping of it. She is in all the pictures with Richie now. You see Richie out in public, it's either with his daughter or Nikki but not on his own.

TugaJovi 07-29-2013 02:41 AM

Let me just remind you that Richie didn't actually tweet the link to the song, he just tweeted about it. Does that mean that that weirdo Nikki is his representative now or something? Ok, with Twitter things get everywhere instantly, but why not post his song on his own profile and show it to the world as his creation? It's this kind of attitude that disturbs me. That or I'm just getting too ****in' delusional about it. What a nightmare.

golittleperson 07-29-2013 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rock (Post 1148460)
she's got everything to do with it. She was at the taping of it. She is in all the pictures with Richie now. You see Richie out in public, it's either with his daughter or Nikki but not on his own.

OMG, I just saw a Nikki Lund follow hoe around reality show. No, that was not a typo. Gagging now. Somone please introduce Richie to a real, caring woman - if there are any in LA?

jessycardy 07-29-2013 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1148457)

I'd bet on it.

And by the way, everybody keeps saying how Nikki posted the song before Richie. Nope, reality's even worse! She's the only one who technically posted it!
Richie only tweeted this text (no links, no titles, nothing at all attached) some minutes afterwards:

"Since everybody was diggin stuff figured I'd lay something new on ya. And the lyric is pretty timely...."

( https://twitter.com/TheRealSambora/s...19890702004224 )

I mean, it's like we've got to a point where it's granted, Nikki and Richie are one thing, she's his spokesperson or something. She posts a song and Richie tweets about new material, without even needing to specify what he's talking about, 'cause, you know, Nikki posted it! Insane...

The Rock 07-29-2013 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TugaJovi (Post 1148462)
Let me just remind you that Richie didn't actually tweet the link to the song, he just tweeted about it. Does that mean that that weirdo Nikki is his representative now or something? Ok, with Twitter things get everywhere instantly, but why not post his song on his own profile and show it to the world as his creation? It's this kind of attitude that disturbs me. That or I'm just getting too ****in' delusional about it. What a nightmare.

You are correct it was Nikki who tweeted the song, there is something going on here with her.

Also now Sean Borg has tweeted about it:

Sean Borg ‏@SeanBorgLA 43m
Listen up! Check out this brand new yet to be released song by @therealsambora "Come Back As Me" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lmYX...ature=youtu.be … … ~ It rocks!

Are they Richie's new circle of friends, Nikki and Sean?

Sissy3 07-29-2013 02:46 AM

I have visions of Nikki standing behind Richie saying "You know you were the only talented one in that band! You know you should have been in charge! You know Jon's a dick!" I see her as fanning the flames of any anger/resentment he has towards Jon. Although why she'd want her money man to lose a big chunk of his revenue by quitting the band is a puzzle. (Yeah, I give her too much credit but blaming her makes as much sense as anything else. :D)