Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

PatriciaSambora 07-29-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanosBonJovi (Post 1148557)
None knows what's going at the backstage of this whole matter. Indeed this is a childish behavior. I respect both Jon & Richie as their music and I thank them for their music but this whole joke has to stop. The only people who are capable to bring Richie back into music & remind him who is he is not his die-hards, its the 'healthy' Bon Jovi fans who love Bon Jovi as a band for what they are and even more, it's Tico, David, Jon & Hugh. Only these 4 people can bring him back to the reality. He likes fashion okay, i respect that too but her partner has nothing to do with music.

Agree with you..

jessycardy 07-29-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJ?YesPlease (Post 1148560)
SO many assumptions. Everyone's looking to shift blame all over the shop.

We DON'T know that Nikki has ANY influence over Richie's decisions.

We DON'T know why Jon and Richie aren't together.

All this crap about "he's let the fans down" with this song and "he doesn't have a solo career" is utter nonsense. If you feel he let you down on the tour, I can see that, but let the guy make whatever music he wants to make. If it's good, we'll like it, buy it and everyone's happy. If it's not, he'll do something else and try again. Christ, it's music. It's creative. It's expression. As a musician, there's nothing worse than churning out the same-sounding shit year after year, let alone decades. Can you imagine how it must feel to keep hearing "Stranger was the best thing you've done...make another Stranger".

I'd rather have a crap RS record, or a crap JBJ record, or BJ record, than 90% of the other shit that's out there.

What we DO know, though, is that this Nikki person should just stay the **** away from Bon Jovi. Instead, she just seems to be all over the place. And that's a fact. And obviously Richie allowed her and acknowledges her in that regard. I still think that's wrong. The more shit gets stirred, the more she has to gain from this, and that's simply a fact. I've never really liked her to begin with, but it was just my guts talking, so I kept my mouth shut. Since she started roaming her hands where she just doesn't belong, I think we can positively say she's no good. And I don't really care if she's hot or not.

Javier 07-29-2013 03:01 PM

It's a celebrity cliche! Richie has surrounded himself with plenty of "Yes" men. He basically has his own entourage I guess with those fashion guru's, and that would be great for him if they didn't intervene with his music. But, they're all over that aspect of his career too. Meh, I really shouldn't give a flying **** about this anymore, when Tico, Hugh and Phil make a collaboration and do a show playing kick ass 70's and 80's rock songs then you have my undivided attention....

Lindy 07-29-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

All this crap about "he's let the fans down" with this song and "he doesn't have a solo career" is utter nonsense. If you feel he let you down on the tour, I can see that, but let the guy make whatever music he wants to make. If it's good, we'll like it, buy it and everyone's happy. If it's not, he'll do something else and try again. Christ, it's music. It's creative. It's expression. As a musician, there's nothing worse than churning out the same-sounding shit year after year, let alone decades. Can you imagine how it must feel to keep hearing "Stranger was the best thing you've done...make another Stranger".

I'd rather have a crap RS record, or a crap JBJ record, or BJ record, than 90% of the other shit that's out there.

I totally agree with everything you said....

ben 07-29-2013 03:06 PM

MJ once was singing this..

Speechless speechless, that's how you make me feel... Richie!

now.. what can I say about this song? I was listening to it last night and really tried hard to like it but.. nothing! anyway that's a matter of taste we can't all agree on this. plus I don't care when he wrote it, for the Circle or if it couldn't make it on Aftermath. I say that this is the song he chose to share with us now and the band's first response is adding new dates on tour. ok!
but.. what about the song itself? to me this is a huge disappointment, it's not a Richie sound at all. not our familiar rock Sambora sound. it's like you listen to a boy band imho.
ok I'd prefer Richie to announce the release of the song but I cannot blame Nikki cause, as already being mentioned here, we do NOT know why she did and what her part is in this or Richie's life in general, so I'd suggest we'd better calm down on this.. after all, patience is a virtue :-) we're gonna find out sooner or later maybe. though I have to admit that she must stay out of this!
I think it's time for Richie to think like seriously about some things, his legacy let's say. if he wants to remain in our hearts as a great musician and a great rock songwritter or if he kinda changes and being more pop let's say. I think there are some serious issues he'll have to sort out sooner or later, and of course announce them
the same goes for the band, they have to make an official statement. we have to know, thay have to make this clear.

PatriciaSambora 07-29-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1148563)
What we DO know, though, is that this Nikki person should just stay the **** away from Bon Jovi. Instead, she just seems to be all over the place. And that's a fact. And obviously Richie allowed her and acknowledges her in that regard. I still think that's wrong. The more shit gets stirred, the more she has to gain from this, and that's simply a fact. I've never really liked her to begin with, but it was just my guts talking, so I kept my mouth shut. Since she started roaming her hands where she just doesn't belong, I think we can positively say she's no good. And I don't really care if she's hot or not.

100% agree .. I never liked that person and now i can say it more convinced.. What the fck what she was doing yesterday retweeting all the Richie's fans with his video songs and then posting his new song before he could do it in his twitter? It makes me mad that she tries to be in Richie's music.. Someone should tweet her and say she better stay away from Richie & Bon Jovi music!

BJ?YesPlease 07-29-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1148563)

Sorry Jessy, disagree. The basis for wanting her away from the band/richie, is based SOLELY on the fact she's perceived to be a negative influence. We don't know ANYTHING about her influencing Richie one way or another.
For all we know, she leaked Come Back As Me to show Richie how much the fans hate it! LOL. It's ludicrous, but only as ludicrous as the concept of her pulling all the strings behind the scenes.

And for me, I don't understand why people are on her case for helping us hear music we haven't before. As you said, Richie didn't tweet the link. She just had a little undiscovered something. If anything she should be thanked for getting it out there, no matter how much people don't like it.

A lot of negative energy, not necessarily focused in the right direction, it seems...

CKatz 07-29-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Finally someone who still has both feet on the ground. It's not difficult to see that Bon Jovi fans are acting more ridiculous than the band..and that says a lot right now. :)
"Yoko Lund"? Right back to making assumptions. Wow, what a bunch of drama queens.
I wouldn't be surprised if Richie (or someone close to him) reads these boards. If he does I doubt he'd want to return to the band after reading some of the shit on here and elsewhere. People aren't exactly making winning arguments that would persuade him to come back, if anything it would push him even more away.

Gabriel Shoes 07-29-2013 03:22 PM

Guys, some of you posting here on this thread are just insane.

Even if Richie loves Bon Jovi, even if Richie loves playing those songs, touring, etcetera it's still just a job! There's OTHER THINGS IN LIFE FOR HIM THAN SERVING YOU ALL.

Keep that in mind before bashing Richie or even that (hot) girl Nikki.

BJ?YesPlease 07-29-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabriel Shoes (Post 1148571)
Guys, some of you posting here on this thread are just insane.

Even if Richie loves Bon Jovi, even if Richie loves playing those songs, touring, etcetera it's still just a job! There's OTHER THINGS IN LIFE FOR HIM THAN SERVING YOU ALL.

Keep that in mind before bashing Richie or even that (hot) girl Nikki.

Just like CKatz, you are spot on, my friend :)

golittleperson 07-29-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatriciaSambora (Post 1148568)
100% agree .. I never liked that person and now i can say it more convinced.. What the fck what she was doing yesterday retweeting all the Richie's fans with his video songs and then posting his new song before he could do it in his twitter? It makes me mad that she tries to be in Richie's music.. Someone should tweet her and say she better stay away from Richie & Bon Jovi music!

I don't look at her twitter but I did say that on S.Borg she needed to stay to fashion and out of BJ/music side, polite about it actually but I was blocked. As others say on here, if you don't kiss Nikkis ass on videos, twitter or anywhere else - they just block you, and go on with their agenda.

I'm starting to wonder after reading all the thoughts on here if Richie wants a pink slip as opposed to quitting? Wonder if the legal would be different? I know I'm going way out there....

Also hate to admit I saw something on Tpx that makes a bit of sense, remember when they said would be putting a music trac with the clothing purchase? Could this be that?

CKatz 07-29-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golittleperson (Post 1148574)
I don't look at her twitter but I did say that on S.Borg she needed to stay to fashion and out of BJ/music side, polite about it actually but I was blocked. As others say on here, if you don't kiss Nikkis ass on videos, twitter or anywhere else - they just block you, and go on with their agenda.

I'm starting to wonder after reading all the thoughts on here if Richie wants a pink slip as opposed to quitting? Wonder if the legal would be different? I know I'm going way out there....

So, releasing a one-off song and having a different circle of friends = Richie wants a pink slip

Got it. Convincing. :rolleyes:

CKatz 07-29-2013 04:49 PM

Apparently some batshitcrazy fans were posting hate messages on Nikki's facebook page.
She deleted them and wrote: This is a house of LOVE.
Well done. I don't remember Bon Jovi fans ever being this out of control. That says more about them than Nikki.

Roll 07-29-2013 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1148582)
Apparently some batshitcrazy fans were posting hate messages on Nikki's facebook page.
She deleted them and wrote: This is a house of LOVE.

Christ she's such a nut job :(

BJ?YesPlease 07-29-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roll (Post 1148584)
Christ she's such a nut job :(

Sorry, I don't understand.

Someone has their facebook page filled by ignorant, nasty little buggers and she's meant to just accept it? Balls.
If someone did that to YOUR facebook page, would you?

I'd delete them, block them, and then perhaps post a message that is positive and encouraging, without resorting to being childish or petty.

Well handled, I thought.

Kathleen 07-29-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1148547)
I have to step away from the Jovi stuff on Twitter, its making me seriously angry. Richie fangirls kissing his arse at every opportunity, Jon fangirls kissing his arse, both sides being anti the other, and all down to who they would rather **** in their dreams. It's bloody sad how 90% of these fans seem to not give a damn about the band or the music and no-one can view anything objectively. Its worse than dealing with a bunch of Belibers or One Direction fans, just totally myopic.

Richie tweeting all this crap about his old solo stuff, and then releasing this utter turd via Nikki is insulting. Bon Jovi is what got him where he was, for him to ignore that is equally insulting. Without them, no-one outside a small audience in Europe gives a shit about him or his music and fashion. Even less will care about his music after he has sacked off the band without explanation to produce crap that sounds like a 50 year old man pretending to be 20.

It's a shame that the fans are the ones to lose out in Richie's mid-life crisis, and even more of a shame that both sides couldn't act like adults and see out the tour for the paying public who put them where they are. Greedy, arguing old men is not a pretty sight.

Thank you - this says it all for me. The fangirls are over the top on both sides, and facts seem to have nothing to do with it.. It's a very sad situation that has turned into an emotional shitstorm :(

golittleperson 07-29-2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1148577)
So, releasing a one-off song and having a different circle of friends = Richie wants a pink slip

Got it. Convincing. :rolleyes:

No, not at all. I said it was out there, but IF he quits probably diff. contract agreement vs if released from it. He is not touring but both sides say he is still a part of the band. We have NO idea what is in the legal side of the band/tour. I have seen GE contracts and release has better terms than contempt/quit does. NEVER seen theirs however. Richie seems to have a pleaser personality But still a Man. Why the passive/aggressive IF that is how it was intended? I want BJ whole and Richies solo work too. I just want it all and between all the blogs, twitter, gossip rags and then the few facts we do have - trying to make sense of it all.

steel_horse75 07-29-2013 05:38 PM

Some of those comments on the YouTube page are just stupid

Great new music
So cool, this is what Richies about.

Etc etc.

The song is filth and if Richie wants to record more stuff like that then he will be gone from the music biz very quickly

LeaJovi 07-29-2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJ?YesPlease (Post 1148590)

Someone has their facebook page filled by ignorant, nasty little buggers and she's meant to just accept it? Balls.

I'd delete them, block them, and then perhaps post a message that is positive and encouraging, without resorting to being childish or petty.

Well handled, I thought.

Let these people be man, they are going crazy because Richie missed work for the past few months. This thing is so retarded lately that it seems that music itself is the last thing being discussed in this forum.

Roll 07-29-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJ?YesPlease (Post 1148590)

Well handled, I thought.

I have no facebook page :wink:
She can do whatever she wants on hers, I don't care, my comment was about the "This is a house of love" line, soooo cheesy.
About Nikki Lund, can somebody tell me who she is? Has she ever achieved anything in the fashion business or is she (as I think) a nobody trying to get attention by hanging around a rock star?

JoviJovi 07-29-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roll (Post 1148597)
I have no facebook page :wink:
She can do whatever she wants on hers, I don't care, my comment was about the "This is a house of love" line, soooo cheesy.
About Nikki Lund, can somebody tell me who she is? Has she ever achieved anything in the fashion business or is she (as I think) a nobody trying to get attention by hanging around a rock star?

Yes, its as you think.

ticos_stick 07-29-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1148552)
Richie wont quit Jovi as he is nothing without the rest of the band.
His solo album sales and cancelled shows proved that.

He has quit Bon Jovi. He has a niche appeal that could quench whatever thirst he has for playing lives shows and releasing material. He won't be playing in front of 50,000 people or appearing on The X Factor but at this stage in his life he's done it all and doesn't have to stick around the creative black hole that is Bon Jovi.

Captain_jovi 07-29-2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1148601)
He has quit Bon Jovi. He has a niche appeal that could quench whatever thirst he has for playing lives shows and releasing material. He won't be playing in front of 50,000 people or appearing on The X Factor but at this stage in his life he's done it all and doesn't have to stick around the creative black hole that is Bon Jovi.

He's trying so hard to be current though, I don't think that's going to stop. Maybe he's trying to prove to himself he can find massive success on his own.

BJ?YesPlease 07-29-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1148595)
Some of those comments on the YouTube page are just stupid

Great new music
So cool, this is what Richies about.

Etc etc.

The song is filth and if Richie wants to record more stuff like that then he will be gone from the music biz very quickly

Who are you to say that?
You've been to the future and seen the Almanac of rock and pop to come, have you?
Why is everyone obsessed with selling out stadiums and selling millions of records?! It's not about that. It's about being creative. I guess some people will never understand that.
As someone just said (forgive me, I clicked reply before taking note!), he's done it all. If he can walk away from a tour, there's likely to be very little craving for those sort of huge crowds, and he signed to a small independent label for Aftermath. Huge numbers aren't what it's about, boys and girls.
And if you/we/me don't like his new tunes, I'm sure he'll be just fine...

CKatz 07-29-2013 06:18 PM

Bon Jovi fans are getting a reputation....and it's not a good one. This is what Lorenza has to say about the craziness:
Quote:

My dear friends, my post was a general observation about what I see when I log onto the social networks recently. It is painful to see some of the comments about my colleagues/friends, and the general thoughtlessness and lack of courtesy that people seem to think is OK when posting in public. It would be nice if people would think before they post, and if they wouldn't make the comment TO THE FACE of the person they are writing about, then maybe they shouldn't say it at all....
Well said. Hopefully people will come to their senses.

BJ?YesPlease 07-29-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeaJovi (Post 1148596)
Let these people be man, they are going crazy because Richie missed work for the past few months. This thing is so retarded lately that it seems that music itself is the last thing being discussed in this forum.

You're right.

And your signature is still one of the greatest things I've ever read in BJ land!

ticos_stick 07-29-2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1148602)
He's trying so hard to be current though, I don't think that's going to stop. Maybe he's trying to prove to himself he can find massive success on his own.

I'd agree that he's trying to keep his sound relevant (which is to his detriment) but I don't think he's pushing to be a huge solo star, he wouldn't shy away from it but if he wanted massive exposure he could easily get a spot on some reality TV show. The recent solo tour and album has obviously given him a self confidence boost.

As for the Twitter / Facebook abuse. It's just pathetic. People have turned into monsters over an issue they know relatively nothing about.

LeaJovi 07-29-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1148604)
Bon Jovi fans are getting a reputation....and it's not a good one. This is what Lorenza has to say about the craziness:

Well said. Hopefully people will come to their senses.

Lorenza who? God everybody wants attention now

Crushgen24/88 07-29-2013 06:36 PM

This has noting to do with the main issues/conspiracies/etc but can I just say that here's another song from Richie that beyond what it may or may not be about sounds like it could fit in with any Bon Jovi album released in the last 10 years. But yeah, let's keep pretending that (again, for better or worse) Richie has been trapped in Bon Jovi and hating every minute of it.

Sissy3 07-29-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeaJovi (Post 1148607)

For real. Well, she is part of Jon's solo band so guess she wanted to add her 2 cents. :D

ticos_stick 07-29-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeaJovi (Post 1148607)

I'm pretty sure she helps make the Bon Jovi pasta sauce.

DevilsSon 07-29-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 1148608)
This has noting to do with the main issues/conspiracies/etc but can I just say that here's another song from Richie that beyond what it may or may not be about sounds like it could fit in with any Bon Jovi album released in the last 10 years. But yeah, let's keep pretending that (again, for better or worse) Richie has been trapped in Bon Jovi and hating every minute of it.

Musically speaking, for better or worse, the only Bon Jovi song that I think sounds remotely similar is Unbreakable so I am not quite sure where your statement is coming from. Lyric-wise - yeah, might fit the whole 'I am who I am' thematic of recent Bon Jovi. A lot more grit though.

Captain_jovi 07-29-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon (Post 1148611)
Musically speaking, for better or worse, the only Bon Jovi song that I think sounds remotely similar is Unbreakable so I am not quite sure where your statement is coming from. Lyric-wise - yeah, might fit the whole 'I am who I am' thematic of recent Bon Jovi. A lot more grit though.

Agreed. From a musical standpoint, love it or hate it, I don't hear it sounding anything like past BJ. Thematically it fits right in though. I'll never buy this "mean Jon is stopping Richie from rocking" mumbo jumbo.

Crushgen24/88 07-29-2013 07:17 PM

I'm not suing it sounds like a specific Bon Jovi song, but it goes for relevant pop elements, drum machines, etc. Lyrically, it's right in ere with the "I am me, I live my life." stuff.

DevilsSon 07-29-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 1148616)
I'm not suing it sounds like a specific Bon Jovi song, but it goes for relevant pop elements, drum machines, etc.

Yes, but that applies to David Guetta as well, doesn't mean he'd fit on a Bon Jovi record.

Kriegentragen 07-29-2013 07:38 PM

As it has been said before, it's funny how when Bon Jovi inserts modern music elements into their art (ala I'm with you autotune) becomes "lame". And when Mr. Sambo releases something like "Come back as me" it's "creative and experimental".

About "Come back to me": Absolutely it's not rock, and not his best effort, but I kinda like it. On the other hand I don't like the clear message to Jon (come on, his "lyric is very timely" tweet and the Frankie & Dean reference are not casual).

It's sad what this band is becoming. A Versace-wannabe soon-to-be ex-guitarist blinded by the glamour and fame monster, a workaholic vocalist with a shot voice, trying to be the next Leonard Cohen with his own E-Street Band, instead of the awesome self he was...

I'll really try to enjoy the show at Mexico City, with or without Richie. Something tells me that it will be the second and last time I'll see the band live. Just hope the setlist is not a downer like in 2010. Easily the worst on the tour.

ticos_stick 07-29-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kriegentragen (Post 1148620)
As it has been said before, it's funny how when Bon Jovi inserts modern music elements into their art (ala I'm with you autotune) becomes "lame". And when Mr. Sambo releases something like "Come back as me" it's "creative and experimental".

Who said these things?

KeepTheFaith2211 07-29-2013 07:45 PM

Embarrassing. What a pile of shit.

BJ?YesPlease 07-29-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepTheFaith2211 (Post 1148623)
Embarrassing. What a pile of shit.

Winning more literary prizes for your reviews....

So eloquently put.

JoviJovi 07-29-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJ?YesPlease (Post 1148626)
Winning more literary prizes for your reviews....

So eloquently put.

You do far more commenting about other peoples comments than you do about the issues at hand. If we could all just be as eloquent as you I'm sure the world would be a better place.:rolleyes: