Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Supersonic 04-30-2013 01:40 AM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNickel (Post 1125556)
When Jon said Richie was still a member of the band on Ellen, do we really think he's that good of an actor, if Richie is being kicked out ??

What Jon is saying is: "According to the signed contracts, Richie is still a member of the band. If he wants to leave, that's up to him, I'm fine with the way the contract is set up."

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

nikos greece 04-30-2013 01:58 AM

jon said at least twice, maybe three times the word absolutely-absolutely...maybe jon didnt say the whole truth but if richie is gone and lawyers are in the middle of it then i think he would choose different phrasing...i hope richie gets back, the indications show he may is wont return but who knows...
i think even jon realises if richie leaves then preserving the b(r)and as 3 original members would make them be a joke...i admire the guy for keep going forward but i hope the band returns...or stop even in such a dissapointing note...
ps.during this huge thread i have changed my mind at least 3-4 times going back and forth richie having a health or family emergency or him simply wanting out...i guess though if there was such a big fall out with jon he wouldnt leave the band like that...there are commitments, fans, tico and david..and i still hope richie sees the band sth like his own as well and not as sth that belongs only to jon

WillRunForChocolate 04-30-2013 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill23 (Post 1125552)
His choices would be- tour the world in sold out arenas & stadiums and make bank....1st class private jet and hotels or mess around in relative obscurity. Hmmmmmm.....not a tough decision.

What he said :)

The Rock 04-30-2013 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerseyGiant (Post 1125510)
Over 200 pages! Sod it ill throw my 2 cents in. Firstly I get that people go threw "personal" issues. I first saw the band back in 2006 I was super hyped that I would finally get to see my hero sambora! But alas I got a pissed up fat Richie who could hardly stand up! Better times where ahead next time I saw the band Richie was sober and could actually string together some solos! Fast forward a few years and I'm off to see the band in Lisbon with a friend at work who has a house in Portugal (bonus) but now I'm faced with the prospect that it might be Richie free!........ **** him I'm still gonna go and enjoy the experience! (I feel bad for you Americans that have had 2 Richie free tours)

Ill still go see tico that old bastard giving it all he's got! And Dave that poddle head playing them keys like his life depends on it! And of course Jon, ill admit I've criticised the guy but all I have to do is check out a "always" performance from this tour to no the guy is giving it his everything!

So yea bring on Lisbon and bring on Phil X the guy turns Jon off his autopilot and he ain't a bad guitar player! So Richie I hope what ever you got going on you get sorted but I ain't gonna wait for ya! :)

My favorite post today - everyday there is another. Everyone wants Sambora, that's a given but just imagine Jon without Richie in Europe? During this leg, Jon gave 100%. We all know they have better shows in Europe and so imagine what he gives in Europe? Jon knows the crowd are not so forgiving over there and more Richie fan based, his going to go into overdrive and give killer shows. Imagine Slane, which had been a dream? His going to kill himself trying to give the crowd what they want in a Richie less show.

Speaking of Slane, wouldn't that be a dream for Richie too? I can't imagine him giving that opportunity up. His not going to achieve it as a solo artist. I think he would want to play Slane.

TheseDaysEra 04-30-2013 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rock (Post 1125562)
Speaking of Slane, wouldn't that be a dream for Richie too? I can't imagine him giving that opportunity up. His not going to achieve it as a solo artist. I think he would want to play Slane.

are you serious ? that man has played in fronts of millions of people for the past 30 years. I don't think he could care less if he missed just another massive outdoor venue. especially if he's really considering quitting the band (if he hasn't already)...

Irakli 04-30-2013 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rock (Post 1125562)
My favorite post today - everyday there is another. Everyone wants Sambora, that's a given but just imagine Jon without Richie in Europe? During this leg, Jon gave 100%. We all know they have better shows in Europe and so imagine what he gives in Europe? Jon knows the crowd are not so forgiving over there and more Richie fan based, his going to go into overdrive and give killer shows. Imagine Slane, which had been a dream? His going to kill himself trying to give the crowd what they want in a Richie less show.

I don't think it really matters how great of a performance Jon gives. People that are Richie fans, like myself, don't really care because it won't be the same. The music as a whole suffers. The solos aren't the same and the vocal harmonies are gone.

GabrielC 04-30-2013 03:31 AM

Phil X is a great guy, he deserves some awesome crowds like in Europe and South America. Just learn to play I Believe and that's a deal. Also, if Richie wants to do a solo show here, he is welcome.

DestinationJovi 04-30-2013 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabrielC (Post 1125568)
Phil X is a great guy, he deserves some awesome crowds like in Europe and South America.

Phil X deserves some awesome crowds like in Europe and South America?

How about the awesome crowds in Europe and South America deserve Richie.

crashed 04-30-2013 04:11 AM

Here are my feelings.

Richie Sambora is one of my absolute heroes. Whilst he's never been the best guitar player in my eyes, he's always been my favourite. Whilst I've never liked his solo work as much as I like Jon's, Seven Years Gone is one of my top all-time tracks. I'd much rather hear him playing guitar with those guys than I would anyone else.

But if it's over, I'm not going to say I'm never going to see the band again, in whatever form it chooses. Those songs I love that Jon and Richie wrote together will still be there, as will be the great ones Jon penned himself (it was Blaze Of Glory that got me into this music...not a band song.) They won't sound quite the same without Richie on guitar - his voice on that instrument is as unique as Jon's vocals - and it's the magic of the two together that can be breathtaking, but I can only think that if he has left or does leave that it's only by his choice. Jon will not want to break up his gang. He's been too proud of it for too long. And Jon by himself, when he's the underdog, when he knows he needs to fight for something....well that's the Jon Bon Jovi that can blow the roof of a stadium.

GabrielC 04-30-2013 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1125571)
Phil X deserves some awesome crowds like in Europe and South America?

How about the awesome crowds in Europe and South America deserve Richie.

Why not both?