Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

CKatz 07-30-2013 07:27 AM

@6fingers6toes: @jovi_jill @TheRealSambora listen people, Richie didn't have a relapse, or drink, or b.s. Jon or the publicity team made up. He got real.

@6fingers6toes: @jovi_jill @TheRealSambora Jon has belittled Richie for too long, he got sick of it, end of story. He won't say it, I will. #hopehestayssolo

@6fingers6toes: @jovi_jill @TheRealSambora lets say I live in NJ & know some people directly involved. Literally. Its actually just Jon/ego related.

@6fingers6toes: @jovi_jill I can't reveal my source but it is someone in the band, not hearsay. Up to u 2 believe, doesn't matter 2 me.

CKatz 07-30-2013 07:29 AM

So this guy claims his source is someone IN the band? Bold claim.

bounce442 07-30-2013 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwinFan (Post 1148715)

Who knows how he felt behind the scenes, but I genuinely believe that Richie looked the best/happiest early on this tour than he has in a few years.

I agree. I don't know about "Happy" but he was the best I had ever seen him live... 2001. Which leads me to believe he was enjoying the work to put that much effort into his show. He carried the shows. Jon wasn't moving at all. Looked awkward during the little movement, particularly KTF. His voice wasn't great at all.

He didn't leave mid-tour because of boredom. I don't think he was anymore bored this tour than he was the last. He put effort into it and sounded great.

rightsideofwrong 07-30-2013 07:43 AM

whoever that guys and his "source" is are full of it... if it didnt matter to him he wouldnt even say anything..just wants attention.

Crushgen24/88 07-30-2013 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1148718)
@6fingers6toes: @jovi_jill @TheRealSambora listen people, Richie didn't have a relapse, or drink, or b.s. Jon or the publicity team made up. He got real.

@6fingers6toes: @jovi_jill @TheRealSambora Jon has belittled Richie for too long, he got sick of it, end of story. He won't say it, I will. #hopehestayssolo

@6fingers6toes: @jovi_jill @TheRealSambora lets say I live in NJ & know some people directly involved. Literally. Its actually just Jon/ego related.

@6fingers6toes: @jovi_jill I can't reveal my source but it is someone in the band, not hearsay. Up to u 2 believe, doesn't matter 2 me.

Just for the hell of it, I checked out that guy's feed. He's a "singer somgwriter" who continuously tweets at famous people hoping for a response so he can schill his soundcloud.

rightsideofwrong 07-30-2013 08:49 AM

I agree bounce. Richie looks happier and more healthy then I can remember in a long time. If he had left for boredom he deserves an award for being a phenomenal actor. I've always had the feeling that Richie was more of the same person off and on stage so he's always just seemed a little easier to read, but that's probably because he took his problems every where with him on and off stage in the past. So I tend to think his emotions shown on stage are real. I could very well be wrong though.

steel_horse75 07-30-2013 09:12 AM

If Richie has or is going to leave can someone move the thread with his new "song" in the New Jovi releases to "Other Bands"?

Runs for cover................

ezearis 07-30-2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1148728)
If Richie has or is going to leave can someone move the thread with his new "song" in the New Jovi releases to "Other Bands"?

Runs for cover................

Once he's officially out of the band, every thread speaking about him should be in the "Other Bands" forum, without a doubt.

CKatz 07-30-2013 10:50 AM

Does this sound like Phil's run with Bon Jovi is over now? Or am I reading too much into it?

@TheRealPhilX: a HUGE thanks to everyone for the awesome tweets, pic/vid posts, comments & so forth. you made my @BonJovi experience even more KICK ASS!

SuperBrad 07-30-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1148733)
Does this sound like Phil's run with Bon Jovi is over now? Or am I reading too much into it?

@TheRealPhilX: a HUGE thanks to everyone for the awesome tweets, pic/vid posts, comments & so forth. you made my @BonJovi experience even more KICK ASS!

That definatley sounds to me like he is done .....

BJ?YesPlease 07-30-2013 11:06 AM

Just a thought on Come Back As Me ... forgetting for a moment whether we know if it's an old recording or a "new" one:

This *might* explain the horrible sampled drums - Tico's away on tour and Aaron Sterling is playing with John Mayer. So maybe RS really wanted to record a song, didn't have his "go-to" guys around and thought "chuff it, we'll use sampled drums" - wouldn't be surprised if Luke Ebbin came up with the idea and convinced him.

Also - controversial alert - have listened to it a couple more times.
It's a grower.

Actually quite like it now .... if I can accept the drums.

PatriciaSambora 07-30-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golittleperson (Post 1148574)
I don't look at her twitter but I did say that on S.Borg she needed to stay to fashion and out of BJ/music side, polite about it actually but I was blocked. As others say on here, if you don't kiss Nikkis ass on videos, twitter or anywhere else - they just block you, and go on with their agenda.

?

Oh gosh.. So those two persons think they are allowed to get into Richie's and Bon Jovi's music?

PanosBonJovi 07-30-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperBrad (Post 1148736)

Yes, this is how it sounds, indeed

bonjovi821 07-30-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperBrad (Post 1148736)

And the next Bon Jovi date is conveniently in September.

PatriciaSambora 07-30-2013 11:48 AM

Ok I've just listened Come back as me for the first time and all I can say is it's not Richie Sambora style in my opinion.. It's more Nikki I'm súper fashion song style. It's funny how some Richie's fans say this is his best song..really? Are they joking or they always wanna pay him a compliment...

PatriciaSambora 07-30-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1148582)
Apparently some batshitcrazy fans were posting hate messages on Nikki's facebook page.
She deleted them and wrote: This is a house of LOVE.
Well done. I don't remember Bon Jovi fans ever being this out of control. That says more about them than Nikki.

At least she knows now that not all Richie's fans want her to get into his music!

PatriciaSambora 07-30-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roll (Post 1148597)
I have no facebook page :wink:
She can do whatever she wants on hers, I don't care, my comment was about the "This is a house of love" line, soooo cheesy.
About Nikki Lund, can somebody tell me who she is? Has she ever achieved anything in the fashion business or is she (as I think) a nobody trying to get attention by hanging around a rock star?

I would say A nobody trying to get attention by hanging around a rock star:wink:

CKatz 07-30-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatriciaSambora (Post 1148743)
At least she knows now that not all Richie's fans want her to get into his music!

That doesn't justify online bullying. Most Bon Jovi fans are adults, but right now they're not acting like it.

BJ?YesPlease 07-30-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatriciaSambora (Post 1148742)
Ok I've just listened Come back as me for the first time and all I can say is it's not Richie Sambora style in my opinion.. It's more Nikki I'm súper fashion song style. It's funny how some Richie's fans say this is his best song..really? Are they joking or they always wanna pay him a compliment...

It's not his best song, for me ... BUT - I think people are struggling to see past the production.
If this had classic rock drums and a "standard" arrangement, it would be very much in a Bon Jovi/RS vein.

PatriciaSambora 07-30-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1148679)
I was just about to throw it out there that maybe Nikki was the one to introduce that song to world rather than Richie because of the possibility that he's not allowed to promote his own music while the band is touring but since he just retweeted it I guess that squashes that theory.

Either way I don't like her. I don't know how much or how little influence she has on Richie but I do not get a good vibe about her. Just my perception.

I also don't like the sudden twitter action by Richie. He was practically silent for 3 months and all of a sudden he's retweeting links and talking about old solo tracks but not mentioning the elephant in the room. I wish he'd just tell us what we all want to know once and for all.

First: I don't like her at all and yeah I'm wondering why Richie (and nikki too) is retweeting his solo vídeos these last days...

BJ?YesPlease 07-30-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatriciaSambora (Post 1148747)
First: I don't like her at all and yeah I'm wondering why Richie (and nikki too) is retweeting his solo vídeos these last days...

Why don't you like her? What FACTS do you know about her that lead you to such a concrete and negative viewing of her?

RonJovi 07-30-2013 12:19 PM

Have to laugh at the people having a go at Nikki. No one knows anything about her, what influence, if any, she's had on the situation. It's all baseless supposition from what I can see.

wichi850262 07-30-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJ?YesPlease (Post 1148737)
Just a thought on Come Back As Me ... forgetting for a moment whether we know if it's an old recording or a "new" one:

This *might* explain the horrible sampled drums - Tico's away on tour and Aaron Sterling is playing with John Mayer. So maybe RS really wanted to record a song, didn't have his "go-to" guys around and thought "chuff it, we'll use sampled drums" - wouldn't be surprised if Luke Ebbin came up with the idea and convinced him.

Also - controversial alert - have listened to it a couple more times.
It's a grower.

Actually quite like it now .... if I can accept the drums.

I appreciate Richie's work...this effort is no different. Take it for what it is....if you like it - good. If you don't like it - good. Disrespecting anyone's work though is poor performance...do something better yourself, if you can!

Looking forward to more stuff :)

wichi850262 07-30-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJ?YesPlease (Post 1148746)
It's not his best song, for me ... BUT - I think people are struggling to see past the production.
If this had classic rock drums and a "standard" arrangement, it would be very much in a Bon Jovi/RS vein.

very true indeed :)

Beaky 07-30-2013 12:37 PM

Apologies if this has been posted already... grab your tissues Phil lovers...

Phil X Twitter 2hrs ago
a HUGE thanks to everyone for the awesome tweets, pic/vid posts, comments & so forth. you made my @BonJovi experience even more KICK ASS!

DevilsSon 07-30-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1148750)
Have to laugh at the people having a go at Nikki. No one knows anything about her, what influence, if any, she's had on the situation. It's all baseless supposition from what I can see.

It is quite surreal really. I mean, in my book she's awesome! She's responsible for the most ambitious guitar effort coming from Sambora in years (and I say it because he hasn't done any shredding of this kind since Mr. Sambo was released, plus I love the song)! We're Strangers When We're Sobeeeer :D

https://soundcloud.com/phil-15-5/str...99&ref=profile

Neurotica80 07-30-2013 01:03 PM

Not condoning bullying but Nikki "Yoko Ono" Lund coming out with the house of love s*** just makes her look even more stupid.

Richie needs to ditch her and twitter.

CKatz 07-30-2013 01:16 PM

Why the constant "Yoko Ono" crap? What real evidence do people have to prove that she is actively plotting to destroy the band? People are starting to believe their own bullshit.

crashed 07-30-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1148759)
Why the constant "Yoko Ono" crap? What real evidence do people have to prove that she is actively plotting to destroy the band? People are starting to believe their own bullshit.

Yet at the same time you're consistently calling Jon a liar, with absolutely no reason to either.

NicoRourke 07-30-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1148754)
Apologies if this has been posted already... grab your tissues Phil lovers...

Phil X Twitter 2hrs ago
a HUGE thanks to everyone for the awesome tweets, pic/vid posts, comments & so forth. you made my @BonJovi experience even more KICK ASS!

Is he suggesting it's over for him? He wrote 'made' instead of 'make'.

I think I'm also reading too much into everything related to this situation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neurotica80 (Post 1148757)
Not condoning bullying but Nikki "Yoko Ono" Lund coming out with the house of love s*** just makes her look even more stupid.

Richie needs to ditch her and twitter.

Or ditch her on Twitter.

Neurotica80 07-30-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1148759)

Well I was being tounge in cheek..

Richie does have some crazies on twitter, quite entertaining.

CKatz 07-30-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neurotica80 (Post 1148763)
Well I was being tounge in cheek..

Richie does have some crazies on twitter, quite entertaining.

Not surprising since a large majority of the band's fans have completely lost it. Both sides are going to extremes. Just look at this thread.

jessycardy 07-30-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1148761)
Yet at the same time you're consistently calling Jon a liar, with absolutely no reason to either.

Right.

While I can't see how can one deny the facts (the ****in' facts, not assumptions!) regarding the situation and how those two people I'm not even bothering to mention are involved. Unbelievable.

BJ?YesPlease 07-30-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1148767)
Right.

While I can't see how can one deny the facts (the ****in' facts, not assumptions!) regarding the situation and how those two people I'm not even bothering to mention are involved. Unbelievable.

What facts Jessy? I love you ... but can't help feeling either you know something I don't?

:)

jessycardy 07-30-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJ?YesPlease (Post 1148769)
What facts Jessy? I love you ... but can't help feeling either you know something I don't?

:)

I think I've already mentioned my views on the matter in my previous reply to you (combined with a reply to someone else). Maybe you missed it, you can go check it out, it's a few pages back. If you have any further doubts, ask away.

BJ?YesPlease 07-30-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1148771)
I think I've already mentioned my views on the matter in my previous reply to you (combined with a reply to someone else). Maybe you missed it, you can go check it out, it's a few pages back. If you have any further doubts, ask away.

Alrighty -thanks, and sorry! I keep trying to stay current with all the posts...and as we approach page 1,000 I'm surprised any of us are still here!

newikov 07-30-2013 02:37 PM

Sorry if this has been posted before ..

Mr Sean Borg tweeted 11 hrs ago :

@TheRealSambora @1NikkiLund The buzz has begun! http://www.app.com/article/20130729/...-Come-Back-Me-

Mysterytrain 07-30-2013 02:47 PM

Just heard from someone who claims to know what's going on that Richie /was/ in New Jersey recently for a reason unrelated to the band, and he and Jon were supposed to hash things out while he was there, but that the meeting between them never happened.

The source claims that Jon is all raw nerves at the moment and is increasingly difficult to work with.

Apparently Richie was upset nothing was discussed while in Jersey so he flew back to L.A. and released the "Come Back As Me" song as his 'reaction' to the whole thing. It hadn't been planned, but he was pissed off so he decided to release it.

Don't know whether to believe this source, but it's a plausible scenario, and would explain Richie's previous Tweets about jetlag.

CKatz 07-30-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1148778)
Just heard from someone who claims to know what's going on that Richie /was/ in New Jersey recently for a reason unrelated to the band, and he and Jon were supposed to hash things out while he was there, but that the meeting between them never happened.

The source claims that Jon is all raw nerves at the moment and is increasingly difficult to work with.

Apparently Richie was upset nothing was discussed while in Jersey so he flew back to L.A. and released the "Come Back As Me" song as his 'reaction' to the whole thing. It hadn't been planned, but he was pissed off so he decided to release it.

Don't know whether to believe this source, but it's a plausible scenario, and would explain Richie's previous Tweets about jetlag.

Where did you hear this? Who is the source?

Mysterytrain 07-30-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1148779)
Where did you hear this? Who is the source?

I don't know who the source is; an online friend of mine has the source and even this friend won't give me much information out of loyalty to the source. I'm wary, though, because so many people have "sources" and I don't know if I should believe any of them, including this one. I just think it at least sounds plausible.