Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

BJ?YesPlease 07-30-2013 03:07 PM

I don't quite understand all the anger and distrust of "sources".

Yes, some people make them up for attention - twitter, etc.

HOWEVER....if someone genuinely has a good source, or knows someone that does, it would be absolutely bonkers for that source to be revealed. That's the whole point.

Bounce7800 07-30-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJ?YesPlease (Post 1148781)
I don't quite understand all the anger and distrust of "sources".

Yes, some people make them up for attention - twitter, etc.

HOWEVER....if someone genuinely has a good source, or knows someone that does, it would be absolutely bonkers for that source to be revealed. That's the whole point.

Because more often than not they turn out to be absolute bollocks. It's either people posting their thoughts or just joining the dots. It's getting worse than the football transfer window, there may well be some insider knowledge somewhere but you have to wade through an awful lot of bullshit to find it.

bjcrazycpa 07-30-2013 03:21 PM

All I'll say is that those that truly know what is going on aren't talking to fans or anyone else for that matter. There are lots of rumors, conjecture, etc running rampant everywhere so those that claim they have a source that knows someone that knows someone while I'm sure has no ill will is just repeating what really is just gossip.

BJ?YesPlease 07-30-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1148782)
Because more often than not they turn out to be absolute bollocks. It's either people posting their thoughts or just joining the dots. It's getting worse than the football transfer window, there may well be some insider knowledge somewhere but you have to wade through an awful lot of bullshit to find it.

Haha.

Absolutely - but then we're not exactly in a place that deals solely in official release info.
We can either choose to accept people "offering" potentially helpful source information and tolerate it for what it is, or we don't.

I'm sure we'd all rather hear the theories and decide for ourselves without getting stroppy about people having sources they can't quote?

golittleperson 07-30-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1148733)
Does this sound like Phil's run with Bon Jovi is over now? Or am I reading too much into it?

@TheRealPhilX: a HUGE thanks to everyone for the awesome tweets, pic/vid posts, comments & so forth. you made my @BonJovi experience even more KICK ASS!

That's past tense. But, Phil has always been somewhat careful what he tweets, seems like a classy guy. Never responds when ask if he'll be somewhere but I would have used "make" if still going on. Could just be the break but we will see come Sept.

Beaky 07-30-2013 03:40 PM

I’ll just share what I’ve heard. Phil is not due to come back and as of today, there is no agreement in place to bring him back. What I have heard is that there are some upcoming dates he simply will not be able to make, for one reason or another. Richie’s Bon Jovi contract is up, hence the ‘new music’ making an appearance. So Bon Jovi are, as of this moment, without a guitarist.

No speculation in that, I am told. So make of it what you will.

golittleperson 07-30-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1148778)
Just heard from someone who claims to know what's going on that Richie /was/ in New Jersey recently for a reason unrelated to the band, and he and Jon were supposed to hash things out while he was there, but that the meeting between them never happened.

The source claims that Jon is all raw nerves at the moment and is increasingly difficult to work with.

Apparently Richie was upset nothing was discussed while in Jersey so he flew back to L.A. and released the "Come Back As Me" song as his 'reaction' to the whole thing. It hadn't been planned, but he was pissed off so he decided to release it.

Don't know whether to believe this source, but it's a plausible scenario, and would explain Richie's previous Tweets about jetlag.

With all the pictures about that same day and even the next - it would have been a quick trip. When Richie posted about jetlag, Joe Roman replied with a you need to come on to the right time zone then, Joe was also sharing pics in UK and Greece, he was there then. 3 weeks in a 9 hour time zone diff. maybe it did take Richie a while to regroup his sleep pattern.

Sissy3 07-30-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1148789)
I’ll just share what I’ve heard. Phil is not due to come back and as of today, there is no agreement in place to bring him back. What I have heard is that there are some upcoming dates he simply will not be able to make, for one reason or another. Richie’s Bon Jovi contract is up, hence the ‘new music’ making an appearance. So Bon Jovi are, as of this moment, without a guitarist.

Richie or not, I think people were speculating about Phil returning anyway since his baby is due in October. (Unless, of course, his wife schedules a C section around tour dates. ;))

TheseDaysEra 07-30-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

what d'you mean 'without a guitarist' ? Have you all forgotten about Bobby ?! damn you people !!!

LeaJovi 07-30-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheseDaysEra (Post 1148793)
what d'you mean 'without a guitarist' ? Have you all forgotten about Bobby ?! damn you people !!!

And Jon..

Ok I'll let myself out

TwinFan 07-30-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeaJovi (Post 1148795)
And Jon..

Ok I'll let myself out

I'd much rather have Jon play lead guitar than Bobby.

Rickbro 07-30-2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheseDaysEra (Post 1148793)

Bobby sux.

BJ?YesPlease 07-30-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwinFan (Post 1148796)
I'd much rather have Jon play lead guitar than Bobby.

That could be the least controversial thing ever said in this thread?? :)

What fool would disagree with that?!

(Oh dear, here it comes...)

steel_horse75 07-30-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

30 year contract. Wow!

wichi850262 07-30-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golittleperson (Post 1148788)
That's past tense. But, Phil has always been somewhat careful what he tweets, seems like a classy guy. Never responds when ask if he'll be somewhere but I would have used "make" if still going on. Could just be the break but we will see come Sept.

Maybe his contract is split up and this is the end of the European one. Maybe another contract will will drawn up for the next leg. What he wrote can be read in many ways and no conclusions can be drawn from it....just like anything that is tweeted from any of the band members....

Beaky 07-30-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1148801)
30 year contract. Wow!

Jon holds the record contract. The rest just sign contracts to record, promote and tour...

JoviJovi 07-30-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

30 year contract. Wow!

I am sure his contract is for a specific amount of time and then comes up for renegotiation. Who said it was a 30 yr. contract?

wichi850262 07-30-2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

30 year contract. Wow!

That's someone just going to extremes...again *sigh*

DestinationJovi 07-30-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Either Richie's contact was up in April or he's in breach of contract. His contract ending now makes no sense.

Seems as though people's theories have suddenly become sources. :rolleyes:

golittleperson 07-30-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Phil has his first child due in Oct. Do not know the date, but I doubt his wife would appreciate being told to hold back those contractions babe as I only have the 17th thru the 24th of Oct free, unless they add more gigs. Suspect is all I can do, bet that his contract is by the leg, logical. His past tense tweet today may mean nothing on new leg yet or that he is not coming back at all. Got to be sweet money and publicity for him though. BJ did one show without a lead axe. We have no clue what Richies contract was but would have thought entire tour. Like I have said on here before better to be released than to breech/quit. Of course here also, I've wondered if he hasn't been in breech of contract already? I do believe Jon is a pretty smart business man and would have i's dotted and t's crossed. Who knows anymore?
Oh yeah, Jon and Richie but they are like the Bush Beans Dog and they ain't talking.

ticos_stick 07-30-2013 05:59 PM

My source says "The Kings Of Suburbia will join the band on the rest of the tour. Phil X won't be returning. Expect sax solos in place of guitar solos etc. It's going to be fun, trust me".

BJ?YesPlease 07-30-2013 06:07 PM

Rumor Fix ‏@RumorFix 5m
Does this mean @TheRealSambora IS NOT returning to @BonJovi???? http://bit.ly/1e8BnFt

Shooting video soon for Come Back To Me, apparantly...

Beaky 07-30-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1148807)
Either Richie's contact was up in April or he's in breach of contract. His contract ending now makes no sense.

Seems as though people's theories have suddenly become sources. :rolleyes:

It makes no sense to you. You’re theorising when you say he was in breach; you don't know the terms of that contract. Perhaps he was on a 'play & pay' contract and not allowed to release new music during it.

Anyway, I was literally just sharing what I heard with some fans; now I’m remembering why I left.

Sissy3 07-30-2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJ?YesPlease (Post 1148811)
Rumor Fix ‏@RumorFix 5m
Does this mean @TheRealSambora IS NOT returning to @BonJovi???? http://bit.ly/1e8BnFt

While wearing his porkpie hat and his own fashion line. Will Nikki choreograph? :D

wichi850262 07-30-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1148813)
It makes no sense to you. You’re theorising when you say he was in breach; you don't know the terms of that contract. Perhaps he was on a 'play & pay' contract and not allowed to release new music during it.

Anyway, I was literally just sharing what I heard with some fans; now I’m remembering why I left.

Isn't every post theorising until we know the truth? Sources of course, from past experience, can't be trusted! :) If we only post the truth, there would be one page in this thread and not 900+ posts ;)

BJ?YesPlease 07-30-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1148813)

Thank you for sharing! :)

I concur we know nothing about contract specifics!

tigrs99 07-30-2013 06:38 PM

As per Rumor Fix new article Richie is working on new solo tracks and a video to be released soon
http://rumorfix.com/2013/07/richie-s...ovi-exclusive/

golittleperson 07-30-2013 06:39 PM

Richie Sambora Solo Track Leaked; What About Bon Jovi? — EXCLUSIVE | RumorFix
rumorfix.com
A solo track featuring Richie Sambora has been leaked on the Internet making Bon Jovi fans wonder if the guitarist will ever return to the rock band. The.

Like · · Share · 32 minutes ago

Sean Borg likes this..

The final remark is also cut and paste! He just put this out as if the song was leaked. It was clearly put up to be seen. Can this serve as yet more evidence of the tabloid reporters connections, and of course the article goes right on to speaking of Nikki/Rich. Leaked my ass!

JoviJovi 07-30-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tigrs99 (Post 1148819)
As per Rumor Fix new article Richie is working on new solo tracks and a video to be released soon

And you just couldn't wait to get over here to be the town crier. Thanks we already got the update.

CKatz 07-30-2013 06:48 PM

So will an official statement come now? Matt will probably tweet that article was written by some old, sweaty perv..:p

jessycardy 07-30-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golittleperson (Post 1148820)

Richie Sambora Solo Track Leaked; What About Bon Jovi? — EXCLUSIVE | RumorFix
rumorfix.com
A solo track featuring Richie Sambora has been leaked on the Internet making Bon Jovi fans wonder if the guitarist will ever return to the rock band. The.

Like · · Share · 32 minutes ago

Sean Borg likes this..

The final remark is also cut and paste! He just put this out as if the song was leaked. It was clearly put up to be seen. Can this serve as yet more evidence of the tabloid reporters connections, and of course the article goes right on to speaking of Nikki/Rich. Leaked my ass!

Maybe now some people will get what I'm saying?

NicoRourke 07-30-2013 06:51 PM

What the **** is happening with this band??

If this is all orchestrated by Richie or his entourage, it would be a very very sad way to end things.

Sissy3 07-30-2013 06:52 PM

Richie tweeting about Usher. I guess he's done so much over the decades he can't remember most of it, he always acts like he's surprised when someone tweets him a song he did. :D

Richie Sambora ‏@TheRealSambora

I so glad people are finding stuff. The jam I did with Usher was amazing. What a great guy he is. And we are blessed to have his
talent ..

Kathleen 07-30-2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1148809)
My source says "The Kings Of Suburbia will join the band on the rest of the tour. Phil X won't be returning. Expect sax solos in place of guitar solos etc. It's going to be fun, trust me".

<sigh> Well I only have one more show in Oct - and that only because the first show of the tour was cancelled due to snow. I regret that even more now - at least then I would have been able to see Richie.

jdanielross 07-30-2013 07:24 PM

Don't you think there is a natural tension between JBJ and RS because of RS living the LA lifestyle that JBJ has spoken so harshly of over the years?

Sambora is hanging with fame-whores and seeking relevancy but its just making him look Bret Michaels-esque and "cheap."

Kathleen 07-30-2013 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdanielross (Post 1148829)
Don't you think there is a natural tension between JBJ and RS because of RS living the LA lifestyle that JBJ has spoken so harshly of over the years?

Sambora is hanging with fame-whores and seeking relevancy but its just making him look Bret Michaels-esque and "cheap."

Richie has been living the California "lifestyle" since 1994 when he married Heather (and I'm not sure he hadn't already moved out there).

BJ?YesPlease 07-30-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdanielross (Post 1148829)

I don't think that sort of thing starts causing tension....and certainly not among guys that have known each other 30 years, and it's not exactly a new revelation. This is the guy that's rattled Cher, Locklear, Richards...

Lucky bastid! ;)

steel_horse75 07-30-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJ?YesPlease (Post 1148811)
Rumor Fix ‏@RumorFix 5m

Oh dear.
Is he seriously releasing this track? Rock n roll suicide

steel_horse75 07-30-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sissy3 (Post 1148826)
Richie tweeting about Usher. I guess he's done so much over the decades he can't remember most of it, he always acts like he's surprised when someone tweets him a song he did. :D

Richie Sambora ‏@TheRealSambora

I so glad people are finding stuff. The jam I did with Usher was amazing. What a great guy he is. And we are blessed to have his
talent ..

He don't remember cos he was pissed or high

Sissy3 07-30-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1148834)
He don't remember cos he was pissed or high

That's what I think everytime he does that. :)