Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

DevilsSon 04-30-2013 11:16 AM

Has any of you red the Trial by Franz Kafka? This whole conversation is incredibly reminiscent of that book...Slightly disturbing I find....

jbjhand 04-30-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon (Post 1125617)
Has any of you red the Trial by Franz Kafka? This whole conversation is incredibly reminiscent of that book...Slightly disturbing I find....

No, can you enlighten me?

What do you find disturbing about the conversation?

DevilsSon 04-30-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbjhand (Post 1125619)
No, can you enlighten me?

What do you find disturbing about the conversation?

Ah sorry! My bad. There is nothing disturbing about the conversation in itself (it's more banter and fun really) - it's just disturbing that it feels similar to the Trial. And if you read any Kafka, you know what I mean...

Beaky 04-30-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon (Post 1125621)
Ah sorry! My bad. There is nothing disturbing about the conversation in itself (it's more banter and fun really) - it's just disturbing that it feels similar to the Trial. And if you read any Kafka, you know what I mean...

You've really got to elaborate unless you want to come off as a bit patronising mate...

DevilsSon 04-30-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1125624)
You've really got to elaborate unless you want to come off as a bit patronising mate...

I don't mind coming off as a bit patronising, not at all :)

Beaky 04-30-2013 11:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon (Post 1125625)
I don't mind coming off as a bit patronising, not at all :)

Fine. Seems little point in mentioning it.

I could say it reminds me of an episode of Postman Pat but dropping Kafka and playing the whole... 'oh, don't worry about it... '

jbjhand 04-30-2013 12:04 PM

Sir David of Brent i presume :) best show ever!!!

DevilsSon 04-30-2013 12:05 PM

Postman Pat :D

The Trial is a book about a guy who is one day arrested randomly without having done anything. He is then trialled for IT (which no one knows what exactly it is, not even the man himself) - all the way to the point that his friends, relatives, colleagues do believe that he is guilty. Even he himself believes that he is guilty. The absurdity of the situation is quite funny at times, but it becomes increasingly daunting while the story progresses.

At times, some of the comments in here start going in that direction...especially when I read some of Captain Jovi's ones - who, on this forum, I always thought was the equivalent of Switzerland in world affairs.

Anyhow - just read the book, then it won't need any explanation...

Beaky 04-30-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbjhand (Post 1125615)
Could well be, in fact im sure there is but you know he will have been advised time and again to avoid stress.

If Jon wasnt happy about that i dont have much sympathy with him. Its essentially a Jon record anyway and it pretty much sucks, Jon knew Richie was committed to finally getting out a new Solo album and was occupied enough with that when Jon started on WAN. This is the tragic thing about the album for me, when I listen to WAN its totally lacking any Sambora. Had Richie been involved they could have turned it into a decent album. I think there are some good ideas on there they just needed some more work and some Richie influence.

Im not commenting on whether or not Richie could have promoted WAN any harder, im just saying I doubt whether he really believes in it and I don’t think that has helped.

I've pretty much echoed these very sentiments on this thread, I completely agree with you. I think this is down to Richie feeling as though he has walked away from a job half done on Aftermath... this is where his stress comes from.

Stress/depression/anxiety... nasty mix.

Reminds me very much of something Nietzsche once said... oh... don't worry... anyone who knows him will know what I mean... (couldn't resist)

Supersonic 04-30-2013 12:09 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon (Post 1125631)

Anyhow - just read the book, then it won't need any explanation...

I can barely keep up with this topic, let alone find the time to read a book now.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan