Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

newikov 07-30-2013 08:10 PM

The author of this article

http://rumorfix.com/2013/07/richie-s...ovi-exclusive/

is richard@rumorfix.com

Richie wrote this himself ? :D

Supersonic 07-30-2013 08:48 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1148809)
My source says "The Kings Of Suburbia will join the band on the rest of the tour. Phil X won't be returning. Expect sax solos in place of guitar solos etc. It's going to be fun, trust me".

Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well after Beaky's post. It'd be the only reason why that show in Saratoga was done; to see if they could get away with it for the rest of the tour.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Javier 07-30-2013 08:55 PM

Money talks. i think Richie may very well be there in September, but there will be so much tension between him and Jon that the shows will probably suck and the set lists will be even more static....

Captain_jovi 07-30-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1148843)
Aloha !

Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well after Beaky's post. It'd be the only reason why that show in Saratoga was done; to see if they could get away with it for the rest of the tour.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

It got a pretty big backlash, I don't think they'd dare try. Which mean they will I guess.

hometownboy 07-30-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1148843)
Aloha !

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

It makes perfect sense I guess!

Becky 07-30-2013 09:20 PM

If Phil X can't do the rest of the tour, they just need to find a competent guitarist who can. They don't need all the extra musicians, just a good guitarist. Maybe they should look into Bon Jovi cover bands and hire one of their guitarists. :lol:

Kriegentragen 07-30-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1148855)
If Phil X can't do the rest of the tour, they just need to find a competent guitarist who can. They don't need all the extra musicians, just a good guitarist. Maybe they should look into Bon Jovi cover bands and hire one of their guitarists. :lol:

The most likely thing is that Jon hires some friend in need and makes him a 'de facto' member of the band, no matter how bad is he. Even most likely if Richie quits, or becomes a 'de facto' non member (just as Alec).

That's the main reason Bobby is still there.

Becky 07-30-2013 09:26 PM

I know! They should hire Matt (Captain_jovi, not the brother). He plays guitar.

idbl_fanatic 07-30-2013 09:34 PM

Richie sure is active on twitter today

IML88 07-30-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1148809)
My source says "The Kings Of Suburbia will join the band on the rest of the tour. Phil X won't be returning. Expect sax solos in place of guitar solos etc. It's going to be fun, trust me".

Please no. Jon you're not Springsteen. Your live shows are lessened without Richie, no amount of horns, triangles or tamberines will make up for his absence so take the hit. Give the man what he needs to rejoin and spend your last 10 years cash grabbing until no one wants to see you play stadiums anymore.

Spend your retirement trying to be Bruce. Give fans what we want before you get too old to pull it off.

Solid Sambora 07-30-2013 09:50 PM

Maybe Phil is a little premature with his tweet. He could have been told they don't know yet if they need him next month, but this would be a decent point to say thanks so far.

As for Jon and Richie, someone just needs to give them both a good slap and knock some sense into them. Between this new song and the KOS stunt, this entire situation has descended into a full blown farce. Any respect and credibility either had is pretty much gone.

golittleperson 07-30-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newikov (Post 1148840)
The author of this article

http://rumorfix.com/2013/07/richie-s...ovi-exclusive/

is richard@rumorfix.com

Richie wrote this himself ? :D

Thats an interesting catch? First time I saw was SBorg camp, of course Nikki, but Lord I hope not.

Kriegentragen 07-30-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golittleperson (Post 1148870)
Thats and interesting catch? First time I saw was SBorg camp, of course Nikki, but Lord I hope not.

Very well-written to be Richie's.

CKatz 07-30-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golittleperson (Post 1148870)
Thats and interesting catch? First time I saw was SBorg camp, of course Nikki, but Lord I hope not.

Oh, please. The guy's name is Richard Ayoub (spelling?). He was the one who interviewed Richie on the red carpet for rumor fix.
In his twitter bio he says he's the "editor of the anti-tabloid rumor fix".

golittleperson 07-30-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1148872)
Oh, please. The guy's name is Richard Ayoub (spelling?). He was the one who interviewed Richie on the red carpet for rumor fix.

Thank you for that, we're all going insane you know.

jessycardy 07-30-2013 10:18 PM

I didn't really wanna post this, as it doesn't really say anything new, but then I thought: "what the hell" and I'm going to post it anyway.

It's an article/interview from the same ol' press stop in Manchester back in June. It was published today.
Jon's words about Richie seem to be the transcript of that audio interview he did in, I think, mid May or something. I don't know why they wouldn't just ask again instead of recycling that.
The article also mentions Richie's words about the album "What About Now".
Also, apparently Jon was asked about whether there's a new album in the offing, but Jon wouldn't say, but "he cautions against reading too much into the fact that the group worked on more than 30 songs for "What About Now," most of which didn't make it onto the album".

Here's the link: http://readingeagle.com/article.aspx?id=497956

liljovi93 07-30-2013 10:20 PM

I'm so bored of this whole thing now. I have been for a while actually and I just want it to get sorted. Richie needs to realize what made him and tell his fans just exactly what is going on. Whether he will be back for this tour or if he will ever be back. I couldn't care less at the moment. I've seen the band 3 times this tour without him and won't be again so if he isn't on this tour again, then I won't be effected. If he is, great. Hopefully the tour gets a kick up the ass and we start to see the band back to their good old ways because before he left, they were awful and since he's left, the set lists have been pretty crap considering they have been to Europe and played MetLife.

Judging from Phil X's tweet, it does sound like he is talking in the past tense. I think at this moment in time, we could see Richie back in September but you never know. Everything has just gone upside down this whole tour.

I would love to watch the full band again. I miss them and I do want to see Richie back this tour (even though I said I wont be effected if he isn't) but the part of them need to grow up, whatever the issue is, and sit down and sort it out. 30 years is a long time to throw something away. Not many bands have had the success like Bon Jovi and to be where they are now is still a great deal.

But please Richie, please ... Don't release 'Come Back As Me.' I cringe listening to it.

idbl_fanatic 07-30-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1148879)
But please Richie, please ... Don't release 'Come Back As Me.' I cringe listening to it.

Same here, I was thinking WTF?

Chris_Newton 07-30-2013 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idbl_fanatic (Post 1148860)
Richie sure is active on twitter today

Yes noticed that, its like he has moved on from it all now...maybe he has !

hackster73 07-30-2013 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idbl_fanatic (Post 1148880)
Same here, I was thinking WTF?

Awful song that. The guy has lost the plot. No wonder he ain't that involved in what about now... imagine him trying to bring in that sound! Erm it's a no richie now f**k off and play with usher!

Can't wait to see a proper band this Sunday. No banjos no violins no horns no bobby bandaid no bullshit. Just rock!

LeaJovi 07-30-2013 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hackster73 (Post 1148887)
Awful song that. The guy has lost the plot. No wonder he ain't that involved in what about now... imagine him trying to bring in that sound! Erm it's a no richie now f**k off and play with usher!

Can't wait to see a proper band this Sunday. No banjos no violins no horns no bobby bandaid no bullshit. Just rock!

As if WAN is something good. And BTW, I bet Jon would love to play with Usher, whatever brings more big bucks.

jessycardy 07-31-2013 12:02 AM

But Richie did, not Jon, so what am I missing here?

DestinationJovi 07-31-2013 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1148903)
But Richie did, not Jon, so what am I missing here?

Jon performed with Rihanna. Same diff.

ticos_stick 07-31-2013 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hackster73 (Post 1148887)

No bullshit? Have Iron Maiden stopped singing about dragons and ancient demons then?

jessycardy 07-31-2013 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1148908)

Yeah, so one could take them both for what they are and avoid idiotic comments about it.

Walleris 07-31-2013 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1148908)

It would've been the 'same diff' if Usher had appeared in the middle of the Richie solo show to sing Stranger In This Town. Cause that's what Rihanna did in a middle of Jovi show in Madrid.

It obviously was very different and, with all the criticism I said towards Richie recently, I have no problem if he wants to jam with Usher. He's a talented musician, much like Alicia Keys, it's way better for him to collaborate with people like them (if they are from a pop world) than those dreadful White Trash Beautiful songs.

golittleperson 07-31-2013 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1148824)
Maybe now some people will get what I'm saying?

You may appreciate SBorg on twitter today saying it was leaked, not meant to go out applied, said" someone in the studio" did it. I don't follow him (blocked me) but saw the RT's from others.How stupid does this PR/leachers think we are. Nikki tweeted it, SB tweeted it, SB FB it, Richie only RT Nikki as far as video goes, Her brothers you tube. Leaked my ass again!

jessycardy 07-31-2013 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golittleperson (Post 1148946)
You may appreciate SBorg on twitter today saying it was leaked, not meant to go out applied, said" someone in the studio" did it. I don't follow him (blocked me) but saw the RT's from others.How stupid does this PR/leachers think we are. Nikki tweeted it, SB tweeted it, SB FB it, Richie only RT Nikki as far as video goes, Her brothers you tube. Leaked my ass again!

They're SO full of shit, both of them. And it's an epic fail too, since Richie himself pretty much said he was the one putting it out there in the first place (he tweeted: "Since everybody was diggin stuff figured I'd lay something new on ya. And the lyric is pretty timely...."). Plus, everything else you said.

Thanks for the info, by the way. I didn't notice Sean Borg's latest tweets.

Here's the Twitter exchange you mentioned:

Quote:

Sean Borg ‏@SeanBorgLA
Listen! Richie Sambora Releases New Single http://pinterest.com/pin/399624166905732346/

Tiffany Galloway ‏@richpink
@SeanBorgLA releases it?

Sean Borg ‏@SeanBorgLA
@richpink No. It was leaked onto the internet. It is not released (yet).

Rebecca Prebble ‏@RebeccaPrebble
@SeanBorgLA was it not meant to go public then?? Leaked implies it was an accident??

Sean Borg ‏@SeanBorgLA
@RebeccaPrebble I think it was leaked by someone at the studio, that's what I heard.

Rebecca Prebble ‏@RebeccaPrebble
@SeanBorgLA So it was out there before @1NikkiLund gave everyone the YouTube link then? Sorry bit confused!!

Sean Borg ‏@SeanBorgLA
@RebeccaPrebble @1NikkiLund Apparently so.

( https://twitter.com/SeanBorgLA/statu...69826360016897 )

golittleperson 07-31-2013 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1148950)
They're SO full of shit, both of them. And it's an epic fail too, since Richie himself pretty much said he was the one putting it out there in the first place (he tweeted: "Since everybody was diggin stuff figured I'd lay something new on ya. And the lyric is pretty timely...."). Plus, everything else you said.

Thanks for the info, by the way. I didn't notice Sean Borg's latest tweets.

Here's the Twitter exchange you mentioned:

( https://twitter.com/SeanBorgLA/statu...69826360016897 )

I saw some other's RT too, several seemed to be calling him out on it, bet his little block button finger got tired today.
I hate this P/R Sambo seems to have now, too many pics of them all together, Outside looking in looks like nothing but users to me. Wake up Sambo! Or hell, just someone wake me up and tell me all this was a dream.

Javier 07-31-2013 05:51 AM

I think it's a strategy of some sorts they have going on. They can now say the song was leaked and they just "went with it". But if the song received overwhelmingly negative responses then they could have saved face saying "The track is not finished yet, the demo got leaked somehow". But since everyone that has a different opinion gets blocked the responses seem overwhelmingly positive. I know the youtube account is Nikki's brother but since it's not "directly" tied to her or Richie "being the usernames" then it could have easily been done like that. That's just my educated take on what they have going on though, I could be off....

JackieBlue 07-31-2013 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1148719)
So this guy claims his source is someone IN the band? Bold claim.

Even bolder is that he's including @TheRealSambora in all but the last tweet... Downright ballsy if it's not somewhat true, wouldn't you think? Hmmmmm...

TwinFan 07-31-2013 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1148958)
Even bolder is that he's including @TheRealSambora in all but the last tweet... Downright ballsy if it's not somewhat true, wouldn't you think? Hmmmmm...

It doesn't take balls to post complete bullshit on Twitter. It's not like Richie will see it in the flood on Tweets to him.

Crushgen24/88 07-31-2013 06:29 AM

Quote:

Read his Tweets. ALL he does is tweet at celebrities and musicians. Beyond that, why would it be ballsy? You really think Richie would see it or care?

The Rock 07-31-2013 06:46 AM

Quote:

Doesn't mean a single thing.

JackieBlue 07-31-2013 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 1148969)
Read his Tweets. ALL he does is tweet at celebrities and musicians. Beyond that, why would it be ballsy? You really think Richie would see it or care?

Jeez! Looks like I touched a nerve (several nerves, in fact :rolleyes:). But to answer your direct questions: It would seem that Richie has seen some of the tweets lately, some of them right around the ones CKatz quoted; and yes I would care. I can't speak for Richie, obviously; but if I were in the middle of a rumor storm like the one he's in right now and someone was posting something that wasn't true about my situation and stating it as fact, I think I'd care. But that's just me. After the past four months maybe he's heard so much negative (and positive) BS that he doesn't pay it any attention.

The reason I think it's ballsy is that from what I've seen (which admittedly is not much because Twitter annoys me), usually when people are spouting BS about Richie they don't tweet @ him. They usually keep those kinds of comments between themselves.

I just found it interesting that the guy would tweet @Richie with something if he wasn't pretty sure of what he was saying. If, as you imply, he's trying to impress someone or get someone's attention to get his music heard, I'm not sure that would be the way to go. But again, that's just me. Can't speak for anyone else.

Crushgen24/88 07-31-2013 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1148974)
Jeez! Looks like I touched a nerve (several nerves, in fact :rolleyes:). But to answer your direct questions: It would seem that Richie has seen some of the tweets lately, some of them right around the ones CKatz quoted; and yes I would care. I can't speak for Richie, obviously; but if I were in the middle of a rumor storm like the one he's in right now and someone was posting something that wasn't true about my situation and stating it as fact, I think I'd care. But that's just me. After the past four months maybe he's heard so much negative (and positive) BS that he doesn't pay it any attention.

The reason I think it's ballsy is that from what I've seen (which admittedly is not much because Twitter annoys me), usually when people are spouting BS about Richie they don't tweet @ him. They usually keep those kinds of comments between themselves.

I just found it interesting that the guy would tweet @Richie with something if he wasn't pretty sure of what he was saying. If, as you imply, he's trying to impress someone or get someone's attention to get his music heard, I'm not sure that would be the way to go. But again, that's just me. Can't speak for anyone else.

You didn't touch a nerve to be honest. But to answer your questions, by Tweeting them @ Richie anyone who goes through Richie's mentions see's his Tweets. Hell, none of us have heard of him but we're discussing him because of it. As for people tweeting crazy theories and stuff at Richie, TBH that's pretty much standard for him (or any celebrity really). As for this guy specifically, do I know for a fact that what he's saying is BS? No. But looking at his pattern of tweeting celebrities plus the fact that no one has ever heard of him leads me to believe he's exploiting the situation for attention.

Beaky 07-31-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 1148975)
You didn't touch a nerve to be honest. But to answer your questions, by Tweeting them @ Richie anyone who goes through Richie's mentions see's his Tweets. Hell, none of us have heard of him but we're discussing him because of it. As for people tweeting crazy theories and stuff at Richie, TBH that's pretty much standard for him (or any celebrity really). As for this guy specifically, do I know for a fact that what he's saying is BS? No. But looking at his pattern of tweeting celebrities plus the fact that no one has ever heard of him leads me to believe he's exploiting the situation for attention.

I think the point was, that Sean seemingly being on Richie's payroll, RS won't skip over his tweets like he would do yours or mine; in fact, if a song has been 'leaked' and pumped out over social media, if he's smart then Richie is paying very close attention to his Twitter feed right now, especially interactions between Sean and fans. So to reply to disillusioned fans and copy Richie in, as Sean did, IS either brave or stupid.

Whereas RS is just plain ol' stupid. Why on earth does he think anyone wants to hear anything from him right now - especially this drivel - other than 'I'll be back on the road with the band in September.' If this is him testing the water, then the news is, it's tepid and full of floaters, so flush it, Richie, flush it...

Got to be honest though; at least he's testing the water at all - Bon Jovi could do with listening to their fans a little more when it comes to their output and set lists.

jovi76 07-31-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1148982)
I think the point was, that Sean seemingly being on Richie's payroll, RS won't skip over his tweets like he would do yours or mine; in fact, if a song has been 'leaked' and pumped out over social media, if he's smart then Richie is paying very close attention to his Twitter feed right now, especially interactions between Sean and fans. So to reply to disillusioned fans and copy Richie in, as Sean did, IS either brave or stupid.

Whereas RS is just plain ol' stupid. Why on earth does he think anyone wants to hear anything from him right now - especially this drivel - other than 'I'll be back on the road with the band in September.' If this is him testing the water, then the news is, it's tepid and full of floaters, so flush it, Richie, flush it...

Got to be honest though; at least he's testing the water at all - Bon Jovi could do with listening to their fans a little more when it comes to their output and set lists.

Your dreaming if you don't think the band would be listening to their fans. They are never going to make everyone happy but is no way they are not getting feedback.

Richie, Sean and Nikki are just treating us like we are idiots. Of course the song wasn't leaked. Nikki posts it and within an hour Richie retweets it, give me a break. Hopefully they are reading more than the rubbish on twitter which is mainly fans stroking his ego.

Beaky 07-31-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovi76 (Post 1148985)
Your dreaming if you don't think the band would be listening to their fans. They are never going to make everyone happy but is no way they are not getting feedback.

Richie, Sean and Nikki are just treating us like we are idiots. Of course the song wasn't leaked. Nikki posts it and within an hour Richie retweets it, give me a break. Hopefully they are reading more than the rubbish on twitter which is mainly fans stroking his ego.

First post... immediately beating the piss out of Richie and being totally pro-Jon... hmm you really could be any one of the several Jontologists on here.

I purposefully didn't say 'Jon doesn't listen to fans' it's the entire band I was referring to; Richie included. His comments last year on the EPK for Aftermath about how they approach writing for Bon Jovi was so dismissive, it reminded me of how Bono used to think he could fart into a mic and fans would buy it.

It's an old debate, been done to death but honestly, really, after that album and this tour, the setlists, anyone who doesn't think this band has lost touch just a tad is either easily pleased by anything with 'Bon Jovi' on the cover or just blinkered. No pleasure in saying that this has been a f*cking disastrous year for this band. Jon AND Richie need to pull their heads from their arses...

jovi76 07-31-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1148986)
First post... immediately beating the piss out of Richie and being totally pro-Jon... hmm you really could be any one of the several Jontologists on here.

I purposefully didn't say 'Jon doesn't listen to fans' it's the entire band I was referring to; Richie included. His comments last year on the EPK for Aftermath about how they approach writing for Bon Jovi was so dismissive, it reminded me of how Bono used to think he could fart into a mic and fans would buy it.

It's an old debate, been done to death but honestly, really, after that album and this tour, the setlists, anyone who doesn't think this band has lost touch just a tad is either easily pleased by anything with 'Bon Jovi' on the cover or just blinkered. No pleasure in saying that this has been a f*cking disastrous year for this band.

Not my first post - first post under this name as I cannot access my old account. Been a huge follower and fan of the band for almost 30 years. I am also a fan of Jon and Richie both as solo artists - but yes this new song from Richie simply sucks for me. It has nothing to do with who recorded it but for me its rubbish. Its also rubbish we are meant to believe it was leaked.

I think any artist has the right to put out any music they like. Its up to the fans if they buy it or not. Latest BJ album is not a fave of mine nor is Richies latest 'leaked' song. That doesn't mean there is not people out there who genuinely like these songs. An artist releasing something you don't like is not a personal attack on its fans.

At times the setlists may seem uninspired but they do change them up and over the years at certain times songs come in and out. Unlike many bands who play the same setlist night after night.

Wow you are angry though. You certainly read a lot into what I posted, some of the people here need to just relax. I can't believe the immaturity that goes on here with this stupid pro Jon/ anti Richie bullshit. Not sure why everyone has to suddenly be on a side :rolleyes: