Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

DevilsSon 04-30-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1125633)
Aloha !

I can barely keep up with this topic, let alone find the time to read a book now.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Fair enough. It's a short book though :D Definitely shorter than this thread...

Beaky 04-30-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1125633)
Aloha !

I can barely keep up with this topic, let alone find the time to read a book now.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Jovitalk Reading List:

Kafka, Franz - The Trial.

Ollerinshaw, Clive - Postman Pat VI - Pat Goes Postal

jbjhand 04-30-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1125632)
Reminds me very much of something Nietzsche once said... oh... don't worry... anyone who knows him will know what I mean... (couldn't resist)

pmsl :) thats a goal!

ezearis 04-30-2013 12:22 PM

Reminds me very much of something my Civil Law teacher said once, anyone who's been on his class will know what I mean.
Seriously talking, you can always read the plot on Wikipedia. Not more than one paragraph.

RonJovi 04-30-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1125639)
Reminds me very much of something my Civil Law teacher said once, anyone who's been on his class will know what I mean.
Seriously talking, you can always read the plot on Wikipedia. Not more than one paragraph.

Yeah but anyone who has read Wikipedia from top to bottom shouldn't need to do that coz they'll know what you mean.

Beaky 04-30-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1125639)

Why read ANYTHING other than this thread? I have friends who are teaching their toddlers to read RIGHT NOW because, the expectation is, that one day this thread will save the world...

DevilsSon 04-30-2013 12:30 PM

Right - yes, I appreciate it, I deserve all the sarcastic comments :D

I honestly thought that most people actually read the Trial (isn't it mandatory reading in most high school's???).....

Edit: Anyway - the point isn't Kafka, but how easily we judge and trial people despite having ZERO evidence. People already found Richie to be guilty of capital treason and what not. Sentenced to death! There is some absurdity in it...which is great entertainment...but when you dig a little deeper it does feel slightly disturbing to me. And yes, that was my patronising point! :D

TheseDaysEra 04-30-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon (Post 1125617)
Has any of you red the Trial by Franz Kafka? This whole conversation is incredibly reminiscent of that book...Slightly disturbing I find....

yep, well observed. if it turns out like Kafka's book, Richie will eventually leave the band without even giving a reason. and we would have spent weeks discussing something we don't know for sure what it is.

liljovi93 04-30-2013 12:33 PM

If Richie comes back, I think JoviTalk should become unavailable for good.

No thread will ever beat this.

Beaky 04-30-2013 12:34 PM

On a serious note, anyone who uses social media listening software, just type in Richie's Twitter handle and you'll see that people are messaging him, Bon Jovi Official and Matt on a daily basis, begging in the nicest possible terms, for any info... just asking if he is well, if he's going to make it back for Europe etc...

This has been going on since this all exploded.